Dan & Phil Part 31: You're stuck with me for life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Maya wrote:[Btw, am I the only one who thinks that the THINGS to TALK ABOUT are actually Trump and Kanye? He is always like this. "PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR APRIL AND DECEMBER" he said, and at the end we got Minions and Frozen lol
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just Trump and Kanye.
mio
#relatable

Maya wrote: Btw, am I the only one who thinks that the THINGS to TALK ABOUT are actually Trump and Kanye? He is always like this. "PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR APRIL AND DECEMBER" he said, and at the end we got Minions and Frozen lol
THIS!
Lately there have been so many instances where Dan was like "omg there is gonna be a shitstorm" or "changes!! rebranding!!11" and it ended up being some #spon video or a new profile picture or I don't even remember

Never trust Dan and his hyping up of things beforehand. I'm pretty sure he wants to talk about politics and maybe if there'll be a new video, about that? most of the time when he says there's something to talk about it's new content or projects. maybe even the calendar?

On that note, there won't be a liveshow today? but at some point this week? and phil will be on thursday? I'm confused and hope somebody can clear things up.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

I'm placing my bets on things to talk about being Yuri on Ice, Kanye, and maybe a warning to start thinking of PINOF questions? He did say it'd be up before December, after all... Though Phil could be doing that, instead. I also wanted to say warning for Undertale week, but that's a bit optimistic!

mio - exactly what you said! No liveshow tonight b/c of the BONCAs - Dan said he wanted to do one at some point this week and he'd 'let [us] know when', and Phil has moved his liveshows to Thursdays for the rest of the year.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

mio wrote:
Maya wrote: Btw, am I the only one who thinks that the THINGS to TALK ABOUT are actually Trump and Kanye? He is always like this. "PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR APRIL AND DECEMBER" he said, and at the end we got Minions and Frozen lol
THIS!
Lately there have been so many instances where Dan was like "omg there is gonna be a shitstorm" or "changes!! rebranding!!11" and it ended up being some #spon video or a new profile picture or I don't even remember

Never trust Dan and his hyping up of things beforehand. I'm pretty sure he wants to talk about politics and maybe if there'll be a new video, about that? most of the time when he says there's something to talk about it's new content or projects. maybe even the calendar?
I will say slightly in defense of Dan that I think the reactions people have to things can seem like way more of a shitstorm to him than they do to us. He gets the most concentrated dose of tens/hundreds of thousands of people @ mentioning him about things and who knows how many messages in liveshows. We're only really exposed to the people we choose to follow and what they're saying, Dan gets it all from every corner of phandom.
mio
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote:
mio wrote:
THIS!

I will say slightly in defense of Dan that I think the reactions people have to things can seem like way more of a shitstorm to him than they do to us. He gets the most concentrated dose of tens/hundreds of thousands of people @ mentioning him about things and who knows how many messages in liveshows. We're only really exposed to the people we choose to follow and what they're saying, Dan gets it all from every corner of phandom.
I totally agree on the different perspectives!
This was more of a reminder @self not to expect anything crazy :lol:
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
Cheekyposter
tol bean

malday wrote:If people are disappointed because d&p's relationship isn't what they expected it to be, they have only themselves to blame, not d&p.

I only hope they have the maturity to see that, and not hate on deppy.
Perfectly stated
Cheekyposter
tol bean

Maya wrote:
hopefulemm wrote: Anyway, I think by now they've realized that regardless of what they say their relationship is, we will continue to see things as we will. If some people ship it and believe it, a denial probs isn't going to stop them. In the case of the opposite, people are going to call it pandering to the shippers and fanservice. Again, if I were in their shoes, I'd probably just go with the flow and live my life, because shipping/not shipping/believing/not believing isn't harming anyone and people are always going to see things in their own way. It is what it is.
[/quote

Btw, am I the only one who thinks that the THINGS to TALK ABOUT are actually Trump and Kanye? He is always like this. "PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR APRIL AND DECEMBER" he said, and at the end we got Minions and Frozen lol
Honestly Daniel is the king of hyping up the mundane

Dan needs to do like Phil and find a specific day where he will live stream. So I can sit up in my blanket with my and be ready for any slip ups

[offtopic]I am looking forward to Kanye talk tho and seeing what he says bout his recent hospitalization.

I always wanted to know when Dan got into him and maybe this will get him to open up about it cause I always imagined he became a fan when Kanye was more openly struggling with his depression and suicidal thoughts and younger Dan maybe identified with his sadness like I did.

Alot of times your favorite artist can give you a peak into your own mind and not gonna lie me and Dan have so much in common when he I realized he stanned Kanye I was like "Welcome to the broken Club"[/offtopic]
psychicmoth
living flop

(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
victorycafe
squish

I agree with what many of you have said - that they clearly try to imply that they are not together (whether or not it's a coverup) and that even if they said outright that they're not together right now, a lot of people wouldn't believe them. I think the only thing that one might interpret as a bit queerbait-y is the things we love to analyze - their flirtatious looks & behaviour with each other. And I don't think we can necessarily fault them there, as every relationship/friendship is different (though my personal opinion based on those interactions is that they either are together or at least there's some lingering fondness based on a previous relationship).

For the record, my position on Phan is that they were together in some capacity in 2009, no doubt. Too much evidence seems to point to that. I tend to believe perhaps they broke up at some point and got back together in the past couple of years, or that they didn't get back together but have found their way back to a very loving friendship now. I hope they are together, though.

Sometimes I have doubts when I think about how tough it would be for them to keep the relationship a secret for this many years, but tbh them living & working together makes for a pretty good cover, as no one would find it odd that they're together all the time. They can travel and go on dates in foreign cities, they can spend their days hanging out together, and, of course, they can literally live together and be domestic af, and have a built-in cover story for all of it. I agree with the poster who said it would be a lot harder for either of them to cover up a relationship with someone else. Literally a sighting of either of them with another person would blow up Twitter. So when I think "how could they possibly pull off keeping their relationship a secret for seven years" I remind myself that they would have to be even MORE stealth and vigilant if they were hiding relationships with other people... and if they're not together but neither of them have dated anyone else since 2009, then come on, might as well get married already.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Hello all, i've been lurking but heres a few quick thoughts

-I'm so glad I saw tatinof before the whole audience knew the jokes and songs and surprises. I hate it when people sing along lol.

-It would be dumb for the boncas NOT to have them perform their musical number.

- Dan has made several references to wanting to find a place to talk about politics. So far he has said that it doesn't really fit on his main channel, and younow is too fast and doesn't really work for back and forth conversation. I really wish he would just start a podcast, or join one of the already existing ones. There are a ton of gaming youtubers who are super intelligent and would probably get along great with him in that regard - stop hanging out with vloggers!!

- I think if it was on his main channel it would be more vague, like his older shipping/opinions type videos. They were clearly about real life situations he had found himself in, but he talked about the problem as a whole and removed himself from it, because dinof is a character.

- I feel like Dan has decided he doesnt like Yuri on Ice, which is whatever. I'm over his anime opinions honestly. He spent so much time talking about how cool it was that avatar fought gender roles or whatever, but noting about Yuri dressing up as and playing a female? W/E Dan, I see your selective sjw bull and move on with my life. Also he probably hasn't seen past the second or third episode.

- Undertale plssssssssss! Thank you Phil :)

- How come Dan gets so much shit for his perfectly fine haircut, but no one mentions the jagged bowl on Phils head in the picture with the knight statue?

- Even in a theater where we were specifically told to scream for cake people still were louder for french girl. You can't fight the power of nostalgia.
Last edited by Artdefines06 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
000dia000
emo goose

Yeah, the phan/no phan discussion does my head in, I'll sit it out
Regarding Dan and Phil having a surprise of some kind, there will be musical performances:
dodie clark rehearsing:
Not to freak everyone out but I wouldn't be surprised if they whipped out the gold hats
:cactus:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

hi guys :D
kinda on topic kinda not - does anyone know of or has anyone looked at their body language? sorry, sounds strange, but i'd be interested to know if anyone has any knowledge of it and would look at d&p perhaps? I've been interested in it for ages and i don't fully understand everything but i feel like it says a lot subconsciously.
to add - when i first started watching them, i was so confused, because of the way they looked at each other. i wasn't confused necessarily about what they said, more of what they didn't say. they looked and still look at each other with such adoration. I've never had that, with a significant other/best friend etc. but then, maybe that's how they are. maybe thats how they act. it's just I've never seen it like that before. and maybe it's not how they actually are, but its interesting how much they say when they don't say anything.
sorry, bit long i know (also apologies if this has been mentioned before)

(if you didnt read it all - body language experts anyone?? :) )
Last edited by lishachi on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:biflag: :blackheart:
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

000dia000 wrote:Yeah, the phan/no phan discussion does my head in, I'll sit it out
Regarding Dan and Phil having a surprise of some kind, there will be musical performances:
dodie clark rehearsing:
Not to freak everyone out but I wouldn't be surprised if they whipped out the gold hats
Just going to bring out "THEY WILL CONFIRM PHAN" To carry on (tbh I highly doubt that but who knows. The one time we say they won't confirm it they will)
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
000dia000
emo goose

Galactic-Howell wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
Yeah, the phan/no phan discussion does my head in, I'll sit it out
dodie clark rehearsing:
Just going to bring out "THEY WILL CONFIRM PHAN" To carry on (tbh I highly doubt that but who knows. The one time we say they won't confirm it they will)
Oh god...no one would ever forgive them if they came out during a tacky award show...in whatever AU that's possible lol
anathema
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote:
mio wrote:
THIS!

Good point, I've never thought of it like this before! I'm betting Dan's video will be something to do with politics, but only because of this tweet:
Galactic-Howell wrote:My question is. If Dan and Phil were really together in secret, would Dan /really/ be comfortable making a daddy joke both in a video and onstage?
I see stuff like this all the time. A very popular "anti phan proof" is that "if Dan and Phil were in a secret relationship, they wouldn't joke about it, because they don't want people to know about it". I think it's absolutely ridiculous. How does "joking" about a relationship (which I don't really think D&P even do) = outing themselves?
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Suit photo! They are extremely shiny :D
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
000dia000
emo goose

Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

bluebox-away wrote:Suit photo! They are extremely shiny :D

Best birthday present I could have asked for today
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late

THEY MATCH THEY MATCH THEY MATCH!!! You cannot tell me they didn't plan this. They totally planned this. They are such dorks and I love it!
lishachi
eclipse shirt

000dia000 wrote:Image
Artdefines06 wrote:
THEY MATCH THEY MATCH THEY MATCH!!! You cannot tell me they didn't plan this. They totally planned this. They are such dorks and I love it!
send help
:biflag: :blackheart:
realeyesrealize
living flop

Artdefines06 wrote:
They totally planned it and I'm loving it my beautiful shiny boys
danphil333
hobbit hair

UGLY THEY ARE UGLY THE SUITS ARE UGLY
DISGUSTING FUCK THEM

no no just dans suit is ugly
Last edited by danphil333 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheekyposter
tol bean

They're matching and shining

Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late

haha Someone on Tumblr is there and just posted this

pseudophan
ALL THE GUESTS JUST WALKED THROUGH THE ROOM AND DAN’S JACKET IS SO SHINY IRL FUCKIGN HELL

Here is their link if you want to read their commentary throughout the night.

http://pseudophan.tumblr.com/
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Artdefines06 wrote:
I love the matching suits. Phil went for an elegant but subtle look. While Dan was simply an upstager.
So who has found how much Dan's suit costs? (Btw I don't care how much he spends for clothes since its his money.)