Dan & Phil Part 31: You're stuck with me for life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Big to everything kuensukki wrote, all the clips are just so lovely and the sweetness of phils gesture is just so nice it's adorable. I'm utter trash after seeing the clips of Phil and his shiny disco ball basically own the awards, and it was so nice seeing Phil get his moment in sun which he then chose to share and just awwww so lovely.
wtfamidoinghere
lady door
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote: First I just really need to drag this shit award show to filth for non D&P related reasons because fuck the BONCAS. Some of you wonderful people have touched upon it thankfully, but I'm seriously livid about Louis winning Travel Video. Rant under spoiler.
This pathetic excuse of an award show just praised A NORTH KOREAN PROPAGANDA VIDEO. That shouldn't even be classified as a travel video BONCAS, fuck off. Louis got sponsored by the DPRK government to come to the country and show all the nice and pretty things like hotels, beach resorts and water parks to make the country seem all great as if horrid human rights violations aren't happening every day. With all his ~focusing on the positive~ bullshit he erased the dire situation in a country where freedom of speech doesn't exist and people live in poverty under one of the worst dictatorial regimes in the world. People are dying but he became Kim Jong Un's lapdog in exchange for a free vacation of probably a good sum of money. Daring to tell people how all the North Korean citizens he met were happy and normal doing cool stuff like surfing as if he met even one average citizen during the trip. People in North Korea are barely able to afford food, let alone stay at a luxury resort. But even after he came back he didn't even utter one word of criticism. He's trash and the BONCAS ain't shit for nominating him in the first place, never mind actually letting the dumbfuck win. Fuck Louis, fuck the BONCAS. Thanks for your time.
wtf :o :o
are you sure he was paid for that? i thought he was just dumb and ignorant to ignore all the suffering going on in nk and didn't want to get his friends from that charity in danger, but if he was paid, that's just inexcusable bottom of the barrel garbage.
(not that it would be excusable otherwise. if the only things you can show in your vlogs are propaganda, maybe you shouldn't vlog at all)
isn't he british? i thought they had to disclose spons?

meanwhile i'm just sitting here, a little pile of non-shipper-salt, mourning the death of their individual brands at the hands of danandphil. don't mind me. i was looking forward to 2017 and what came after tatinof, now i'm scared of it :gg:
MoonPride
moon room

I am really looking forward to what next year will bring for the guys.
Wylis
tol bean

Last night was amazing. First Adrian won the Series of the Year (I would be happy for PJ too, but I just love Adrian ) and then it was pretty much all about Dan and Phil.

That they won Collaboration of the Year was no surprise (I mean really, who else could have won), but I wasn’t so sure they would win the Best Film of the Year. It was probably the category that meant the most to them and I’m really happy that it was acknowledge beyond their fandom that the show was amazing and worth all the effort they have put in it.

Also, really really really happy for Phil . As for his speech, for once he was alone in the spotlight but, as we know:
“But wouldn't it be good if I could [share] it with a [boy]friend?”

The only downside was Louis and his North Korea propaganda.

Ps. Watching Evan’s recording, I realized I like and dislike him for the same reason. Weird.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

A few more videos from UpdatedPhan's Moment on Twitter.

The teaser showing the whole stage (so you can see Jack and Conor too):
The Internet Is Here (starts wonky, but not for long):
Every time I see them do the song they remind me of Morecambe & Wise and my heart bursts.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

swofro wrote:Lovely picture from Pj

Aaw what a nice pic.

kuensukki, just yes to your whole post.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Think of her what you will, Hazel certainly got a cute selfie out of Dan and he's got neither the doge face nor a peace sign also, hair looks particularly good here #teamshavedsides

thehazelhayes "My highlight of the #BONCAS was when @danisnotonfire complimented my selfie angle."
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
gnostic
stress mushroom

[offtopic]I know we are all here to o er Dan and Phil bit god-freaking-dammit, 5 here are no words to describe how beautiful I find PJ, he is the most freaking gorgeous man in the world, help me[/offtopic]
Just here for the marketing skills
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I just realized (because yes, it's not even 8 am here and I did wake up and immediately start rewatching BONCAS videos) that Grace Helbig puts her hand over her heart when Phil says, "I've spent the majority of 2016 with another person."

Same, Grace. Same.
I_tried
smol bean

bluebox-away wrote:Suit photo! They are extremely shiny :D

Hi,
recently found this site when I began to take the trashy little voice inside seriously.

Am I the only one who thought that Dan had a serious skin condition?

Had to apply my knowledge of physics to figure it out.

Sorry for the spelling...odd delays on my kindle.
mez29
procrastinator

North Korea
Louis' trip to NK was with a charity that aims to improve people's lives by teaching them to surf (a method that's been criticised for obvious reasons). Some liaison between this charity and the NK government would have been required in order to arrange the trip, as foreign visits to NK can only be operated by certain providers, who are presumably government-vetted, and visitors have to be accompanied by a local guide who will be under government orders at some level. Louis was not directly sponsored by the NK government—he states this in a video—but his visit there was undertaken with the government's knowledge and implicit support. It would be impossible to get into the country otherwise, so that's the route humanitarian organisations have to take.

Where he went wrong, imo, was in not being clear about this situation until several days into his vlogs, and in manifesting his own privilege and ignorance in the way he reacted to what he saw there. Foreign visitors to NK are of course only shown the 'good' parts, so that's what his videos had to be about, but he must have known, and should have made it clearer, that that's not the whole story.
psychicmoth
living flop

Dan's new header. Obviously, Phil is there
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The new header is so cute.

He also liked this, which is cute too because he wasn't even tagged in it, Phil was:
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

Maya wrote: Dan's new header. Obviously, Phil is there
I didn't know Dan watched osomatsu san i wonder why he didn't recommend it in his last rec video now i'm just wondering what others stuff he has watched and didn't tell us, I would like to think that he probably watches JJBA and not tell us because too many homoerotic buff men
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
psychicmoth
living flop

alittledizzy wrote:The new header is so cute.

He also liked this, which is cute too because he wasn't even tagged in it, Phil was:
This is so cute He's in a good mood today
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

I_tried wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:Suit photo! They are extremely shiny :D

Hi,
recently found this site when I began to take the trashy little voice inside seriously.

Am I the only one who thought that Dan had a serious skin condition?

Had to apply my knowledge of physics to figure it out.

Sorry for the spelling...odd delays on my kindle.
Yup, his disco ball jacket is actually dazzling his face. Love it.
majitzu
angel bean

Skeletorsrighthand wrote:
Maya wrote: Dan's new header. Obviously, Phil is there
I didn't know Dan watched osomatsu san i wonder why he didn't recommend it in his last rec video now i'm just wondering what others stuff he has watched and didn't tell us, I would like to think that he probably watches JJBA and not tell us because too many homoerotic buff men
I don't think he watched it. but there was a time my tumblr was full of it so he maybe he just understand what it is?

Awww he like that pic , that girl draws are so good :)
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote:I just realized (because yes, it's not even 8 am here and I did wake up and immediately start rewatching BONCAS videos) that Grace Helbig puts her hand over her heart when Phil says, "I've spent the majority of 2016 with another person."
Same, Grace. Same.
Grace is all of us. :lol:
starlight-still
truth bomb

I’m glad I took up residence in the landfill galaxy this week because I’ve felt right at home during the shining moment of glory, love, and life that was deps at the BONCAs.

My goodness. Where to begin? A lot of it has already been said and honestly, my immediate reactions were closer to the trashiest of trash posts. Now that I’ve slept, I have a few semi-coherent reflections on the whole evening:
- In case your heart isn’t already bursting with love and pride for the little fella, go back and re-watch Phil trying on his outfit in his latest sleepless night vid. This is the man that won the biggest award of the evening. So sweet, humble, and sincerely excited, kicking around in his pj bottoms, proudly showing off the outfit he got that’s just a notch outside his comfort zone but fits perfectly with his dear companion’s. Look at that tender joy and excitement in his eyes- and he was doing it all for Dan even then
- Their presence at the BONCAs. They really are a force of nature, aren’t they? They own the room, they’re incredibly magnetic…yet not in that overwrought, overly cheery way. They are awkward and nerdy and a bit quiet…but they still manage to draw eyes and hearts to them like moths to a flame (sorrydan).
- It was lovely to see a bit of a role switch from the TATINOF meetup dynamic, where Dan often took the lead and Phil hung back a bit. Phil owned it at the BONCAs while Dan, in spite of his glitter ball attire, seemed a bit more reserved. Once again, we see how well they complement and balance one another out.
- And, finally: I’m glad to see so many in the phandom are inspired by their love (whatever it may be) and partnership. Those of you who are younger and just starting out: there’s so much hope for you, no matter what you may be going through today. Keep your chin up. You never know what the future may hold. Those of you who have found partners in any area of your life: cherish them. Let deppy’s love inspire you to say that extra kind word or make that gesture of gratitude you’ve always been unsure about making. As for those, like myself, who find themselves going it alone and lost in hopeless at times: partnership, unconditional love and support- it’s perfectly fine to desire these things and I know how much it hurts to fear you’ll never find them. But remember, they’re not the be all and end all of joy and satisfaction in life. Even if you never find that person who stands by you through thick and thin in any area of your life, you can be that person, even if only for a moment. I can’t tell you how as it’s a little bit different for everyone. But always be on the lookout for those opportunities. And remember: as beautiful as the partnership may be, there are always tradeoffs. You’ll find at times one of your greatest strengths in life is the ability to go it alone and forge your own path even in the face of disregard from all others and have an impact that you may never even know about but is no less meaningful and profound as that between partners. Just the way the entire world of started with Phil just stepping out on his own. Bottom line: I hope every last one of you reading this is inspired and filled with hope from the love between these two men that we all witnessed last night
OK, I’ll stop being a sappy idiot right now.
gnostic wrote:

[offtopic]I know we are all here to o er Dan and Phil bit god-freaking-dammit, 5 here are no words to describe how beautiful I find PJ, he is the most freaking gorgeous man in the world, help me[/offtopic]

[offtopic]
::cough:: Isn't the PJ supposed to sit on that little "Other Youtubers" board over there?

Nah, but I get it, he is a very, very attractive young man. And he's won me over with that star bowtie :D

Also: "Unintended" by Muse just came on for the first time in ages, even my friggin iTunes is trashing it up over rn.
[/offtopic]
palomeheart
dank meme

alittledizzy wrote:I just realized (because yes, it's not even 8 am here and I did wake up and immediately start rewatching BONCAS videos) that Grace Helbig puts her hand over her heart when Phil says, "I've spent the majority of 2016 with another person."

Same, Grace. Same.
Oh my god, yes. I have grown to love Grace so much in the past year, and I like to think she has a soft spot for d&p. It's a crime that the only video we have of them interacting is that super awkward SAP one (and also her cute reaction vid to Dan's supernote vid in which she wears a koala onesie and her brother falls in love with Dan). I just think she and Dan have similar senses of humor and general philosophies on life in a lot of ways and they could make a great collab. If they managed to get over the awkward. Maybe throw Phil in there to talk about houseplants when things get slow.

Also, hi, I finally delurked because I couldn't contain my emotions after the absurdity that was last night. As much as I love a good argumentdiscussion, it's been nice to see everyone so harmoniously trashy in the last ~18 hours. Between this and YOI, I've almost managed to forget this otherwise disastrous month.
it's a useful thing
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

glertiespy wrote: the way Phil hit Dan when he wasn't moving out of the way.. Why this made me laugh so hard

Also, you can see Dan's reaction better here
the highlight of the whole BONCAS was when phil whacked dan in the shoulder let's be real :gg:
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

I've been just lurking now and then the past few days but I had to login to express how much I love Phil Lester and Dan too but Phil really stole the night. I am stanning the right guy for sure!

The awards don't seem that important right now as this is just the first year but I definitely appreciate the idea of online creators getting a proper academy awards and some recognition and I do hope this will be a bigger deal one day as in my opinion it could motivate them to create more and better content. Def the Louis one was a let down but I am also happy that deppy didn't win literally everything.
felucca
truth bomb

I compiled a bunch of Boncas videos into one big video of the event, figured it'd make it easier to watch in the future. Did I miss anything?

Timestamps:
0:07 collab of the year award (Pinof 7)
1:26 film of the year award (Tatinof)
2:48 filmmaker of the year award (Phil)
4:31 The Internet Is Here teaser performance
6:01 The Internet Is Here actual performance
10:53 After the show (interview and stuff)

I've had such a fun day catching up on all this - so cute! Everyone who went to the show and filmed it are heroes seriously, and I'm so jealous (not of the screaming though, your poor ears!) It felt like the right level of seriousness for D&P - no offence but they're a bit lame and the Boncas are a bit lame so they went well together in a nice and relaxed Tuesday evening sort of way. Thumbs up for matching outfits!

[offtopic]This is a very irrelevant personal anecdote but it makes me happy: Where I live NOTHING happens in November - we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, the snow hasn't arrived yet, it's cold and rainy and miserable - so my mum and I decided a few years ago that November is DISCO NOVEMBER.
We go all in, putting up disco balls and playing way too much cheesy disco music and shit. So seeing Dan dress up as the most adorable little disco ball ever for November... :o That boy brings me so much joy.[/offtopic]
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
blueapple_x
flower crown

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

"Only I know Phil's love."

jfc Dan

I don't know what kind of mood he's in but it seems like a good one.

(and that makes me really happy)