Dan & Phil Part 31: You're stuck with me for life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
victorycafe
squish
Pronouns: she/her

SquishPhan wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:
From. 6:25 onwards.

They were sitting in front of Tom for the awards show.
Dan's reaction to Phil winning was so cute up close.
That was very cute. And Dan really seemed surprised by Phil calling him up, which was sweet.
That was so adorable! He was so giggly and, of course, immediately knew Phil was talking about him

I also love 9:45, Dan's super genuine laugh at Phil's joke! So cute!
bluebox-away
woodland creature

SquishPhan wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:

That was very cute. And Dan really seemed surprised by Phil calling him up, which was sweet.
That was adorable! I loved all the shots with D&P in silhouette they looked great and Dan properly laughed at Phil's 'jumping out the window' bit, and looked so surprised to be asked to go up!
Great footage, thanks Tom
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Kathrynxjane wrote:

Aww Dan's reactions are adorable, like genuinely letting out a laugh at the 'dived out of the window' thing and uuuuugh what a supportive husband he is

And 'I've spent the majority of the year with another person...' is never not gonna shake me to my core play it on loop at my funeral or actually don't because my deceased ass might wake up from the dead.

I laughed at Tom's 'Oh My God it's Marianne!' btw because that's like half of the people in IDB these days :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Winston
flower crown

Catallena wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:

Aww Dan's reactions are adorable, like genuinely letting out a laugh at the 'dived out of the window' thing and uuuuugh what a supportive husband he is

And 'I've spent the majority of the year with another person...' is never not gonna shake me to my core play it on loop at my funeral or actually don't because my deceased ass might wake up from the dead.

I laughed at Tom's 'Oh My God it's Marianne!' btw because that's like half of the people in IDB these days :lol:
The Marianne bit was my favorite part TBH. Yes the guys are fricken cute as hell and grossly in love but I really like a lot of Tom's humor and that Marianne bit was great to me. Panning over Deppy and psyching the audience out by going to her. Her reaction was great as well.
actions speak louder than words
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

Sooo I ended up on the same flight as Deppy today!! (pic link #spon) If I don’t bullet point this I discovered it gets rambly, irrelevant, and boring very quickly, so have some bullet points!

- they were in an entourage of I believe 7 other people - no Martyn or Cornelia, it was Marianne, Ed, their security guy (do we know his name?), Chris, a woman named Claire, and maybe two but at least one more woman. And possibly any number of other people I didn't happen to see them interact with!
- they both sounded a bit rough, but neither of them looked ill to me.
- they said they enjoyed the Christmas Markets (thanks for spoiling that one for me, Phil!), and it sounded like they didn't get up to anything else in Berlin, unsurprisingly.
- they sat with Marianne on the flight - her on the aisle, Phil in the middle, Dan on the window - and she and Phil were chatting before the flight while Dan played Pokemon.
- Phil appeared to be sleeping pretty much the whole flight, and didn't eat.
- Dan played Pokemon until food came and then also appeared to be sleeping too.
- Phil always gets tired on planes but Dan is most tired on the drive back from the airport (they do have the most thrilling conversations...)
- Phil claimed to have been 'dying' of the turbulence (same, tbh. Marianne said she didn't notice it, which honestly makes me concerned for the health of her inner ear - or possibly me and Phil are just sensitive)
- and as we're apparently talking about Marianne - I spotted her first but it was the third time that day I'd seen a woman with dark hair and thought 'omg, Marianne!' so I was almost mentally eyerolling at myself until I saw the back of Phil's head!

Also, loved Tom's video! It was so great to see more of Dan's reaction when Phil won :D
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Sorry for being offtopic.... but who is Marianne? And why was she at the BONCAs and on the flight? Is she their manager? I'm so lost. :?
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:Sorry for being offtopic.... but who is Marianne? And why was she at the BONCAs and on the flight? Is she their manager? I'm so lost. :?
She is their manager, yes. She's with Flipside. She was with them during every tour and fairly visible to fans.
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: She is their manager, yes. She's with Flipside. She was with them during every tour and fairly visible to fans.
Oh. Thanks for answering! I knew I saw her name before as part of the crew but I didn't realize she was their manager.

anathema
morning quiff

Kathrynxjane wrote:

Why did Dan and Phil switch seats? When Tom shows them sat down (and Dan waves hi) Phil is on the end. Did they assume Dan was going to win more awards? Did Dan not want to sit next to another person? The girl next to them was Phil's secret girlfriend?
Also Emma's face when Dan goes up on stage after Phil calls him up (10:06) I'm dying
internetakeover wrote:Sooo I ended up on the same flight as Deppy today!! (pic link #spon) If I don’t bullet point this I discovered it gets rambly, irrelevant, and boring very quickly, so have some bullet points!
- they were in an entourage of I believe 7 other people - no Martyn or Cornelia, it was Marianne, Ed, their security guy (do we know his name?), Chris, a woman named Claire, and maybe two but at least one more woman. And possibly any number of other people I didn't happen to see them interact with!
- they both sounded a bit rough, but neither of them looked ill to me.
- they said they enjoyed the Christmas Markets (thanks for spoiling that one for me, Phil!), and it sounded like they didn't get up to anything else in Berlin, unsurprisingly.
- they sat with Marianne on the flight - her on the aisle, Phil in the middle, Dan on the window - and she and Phil were chatting before the flight while Dan played Pokemon.
- Phil appeared to be sleeping pretty much the whole flight, and didn't eat.
- Dan played Pokemon until food came and then also appeared to be sleeping too.
- Phil always gets tired on planes but Dan is most tired on the drive back from the airport (they do have the most thrilling conversations...)
- Phil claimed to have been 'dying' of the turbulence (same, tbh. Marianne said she didn't notice it, which honestly makes me concerned for the health of her inner ear - or possibly me and Phil are just sensitive)
- and as we're apparently talking about Marianne - I spotted her first but it was the third time that day I'd seen a woman with dark hair and thought 'omg, Marianne!' so I was almost mentally eyerolling at myself until I saw the back of Phil's head!
Also, loved Tom's video! It was so great to see more of Dan's reaction when Phil won :D
Thanks for sharing! It's cool you ended up on the same flight
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
malday
emo goose

anathema wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:

Why did Dan and Phil switch seats? When Tom shows them sat down (and Dan waves hi) Phil is on the end. Did they assume Dan was going to win more awards? Did Dan not want to sit next to another person? The girl next to them was Phil's secret girlfriend?
Also Emma's face when Dan goes up on stage after Phil calls him up (10:06) I'm dying
That girl is Savannah Brown , Bertie Gilbert's girlfriend.
Philena
blobfish

bluebox-away wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:

That was adorable! I loved all the shots with D&P in silhouette they looked great and Dan properly laughed at Phil's 'jumping out the window' bit, and looked so surprised to be asked to go up!
I am still not over this. I have watched it so many times, and still have to cover my mouth and clench my butt cheeks from the utter beauty and softness. What a perfect short film, Tom!

So excited for tomorrow!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Philena wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:

I am still not over this. I have watched it so many times, and still have to cover my mouth and clench my butt cheeks from the utter beauty and softness. What a perfect short film, Tom!

So excited for tomorrow!
I also enjoyed the little "Reject"(-ed) joke when Tom is (not) clinking glasses with Dan at 10:47.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
eevee
emo goose

LeftHandedism wrote:I also enjoyed the little "Reject"(-ed) joke when Tom is (not) clinking glasses with Dan at 10:47.
That was so funny!! But what was Dan even doing? He didn't realize Tom wanted to cheers? He kinda just moved his glass ever so slightly...
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
eevee
emo goose

I literally clickrd edit and was so happy that I hadn't missed the editing window and then as soon as I hit preview it told me I could no longer edit the post. darn. anyway I was going to say that I discovered a gifset of the cheers incident since posting that and realized that Phil cheers'd Tom before Dan and then Dan kinda "rejected" him afterwards as a bit of a joke, makes more sense with those extra few seconds of context, totally missed that the first time

source: http://theanomex.tumblr.com/
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
anathema
morning quiff

So, Phil liked this on Twitter.... Yeah I'm just gonna leave this here.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

anathema wrote: Why did Dan and Phil switch seats? When Tom shows them sat down (and Dan waves hi) Phil is on the end. Did they assume Dan was going to win more awards? Did Dan not want to sit next to another person? The girl next to them was Phil's secret girlfriend?
PJ was on the other side of Phil for most of the show, right? Phil was clearly uncomfortable with the amount of sexual tension between Dan and PJ and made Dan swap seats with him. :(

#kickthefire
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

internettakeover thanks for relaying that! in your position i would've had to restrain myself from pretending to drop things in their aisle so i could eavesdrop more clearly. good on you for not being a creep. poor Phil - the turbulence no doubt made him feel worse if he was feeling shitty.
i like how lots of anecdotes of them candidly seem to confirm Phil doing the majority of the small talk with others and Dan not so much. (not like i enjoy that scenario, just interesting to read).
alittledizzy wrote:
anathema wrote: Why did Dan and Phil switch seats? When Tom shows them sat down (and Dan waves hi) Phil is on the end. Did they assume Dan was going to win more awards? Did Dan not want to sit next to another person? The girl next to them was Phil's secret girlfriend?
PJ was on the other side of Phil for most of the show, right? Phil was clearly uncomfortable with the amount of sexual tension between Dan and PJ and made Dan swap seats with him. :(

#kickthefire
oh i know, poor Phiw. bless Kickthefire and their scorching chemistry. #nowmakeout

I echo everyone else, Dan's laugh and little reactions in Tom's vlog watching Phil are darling. i think he was genuinely surprised and giddy in the final one. makes sense now we know how that day went, and Dan being nervous anyway, that Phil took the risk and made the gesture. Tom's comment about gifs to that guy and then refocusing on Dan was a little awks though.
art in avatar by lily
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

mermaid blood wrote:internettakeover thanks for relaying that! in your position i would've had to restrain myself from pretending to drop things in their aisle so i could eavesdrop more clearly. good on you for not being a creep. poor Phil - the turbulence no doubt made him feel worse if he was feeling shitty.
i like how lots of anecdotes of them candidly seem to confirm Phil doing the majority of the small talk with others and Dan not so much. (not like i enjoy that scenario, just interesting to read).
I mean, I did spend quite a lot of time on take off and landing looking out of the window on their side of the plane tbh... And yeah, Dan barely talked at all, he was totally absorbed in Pokemon - he was playing it almost as he handed his boarding pass over!

I honestly thought that they were going to be on the BA flight that was just a little before mine at first, and I know some people wondered if Phil really had been ill and they were leaving earlier because of that, but on the drive home I kinda realised that as the whole group of them were sitting together and they had food included they must always have been on literally the cheapest flight! Who knows why!

(psst may have uploaded a ridiculously rambly account to tumblr if anyone is interested in the exact same information but in more of a story format where almost all of the story is me freaking out. and yes, it is exactly as boring as that makes it sound.)

also: *climbs aboard kickthefire ship enthusiastically* That suit, man, it must've really done it for PJ. Sophie was wearing sequins as well, clearly it's a look he likes...
felucca
truth bomb

Kathrynxjane wrote:
Dan laughing at Phil's joke at 9:45, awwww.

That's all.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Here's a video from PewPhan summarizing the times that Deppy were in Tomska's vlog if anyone doesn't want to wade through the entire vlog:

hmm
drama llama

literally pissed myself at the rachel dilemna
wow wow wow casually name dropping yourself takes some guts, i am (excuse the phrase) shook
am actually really curious- how did the mods find her? like ip address?

love natural dan in tomska's vlog, as much as he hates being filmed in vlogs- his reaction to phil's award is adorkable
vincentian
hobbit hair

Thank you internetakeover for sharing your story of meeting and travelling with deppy - super interesting! Makes them seem so normal (not that I thought otherwise).
Poor Phil with his travel sickness. And typical Dan, taking seat by the window and barricading himself with Pokemon and Phil from everyone.
000dia000
emo goose

anathema wrote: So, Phil liked this on Twitter.... Yeah I'm just gonna leave this here.
this is a direct message @ everyone who wants Phil to return to his "old video" style
:cactus:
MoonPride
moon room

anathema wrote: So, Phil liked this on Twitter.... Yeah I'm just gonna leave this here.
I am never going to unsee this. :shock:
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

000dia000 wrote:
this is a direct message @ everyone who wants Phil to return to his "old video" style
Isn't the music on the tv literally a distorted version of the music he uses quite a bit?! That's so strange and I love it :D