Dan & Phil Part 31: You're stuck with me for life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lishachi
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

THEY ARE DOING "GAMINGMAS"

i feel like i'm going to implode i'm so happy!!!!!! THANK YOU

(also nice and vague - won't be everyday but we're going to try, thanks guys ;) totally understand tho they still have tatinof etc)
:biflag: :blackheart:
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

iero wrote:as many videos as possible in december :cry: i'm so excited!
I'm excited, although I wonder if Dan will be over it half-way through the month and get tired and sassy lol.

Ok, I'm actually starting to wonder if they are saving up money for something. The have been putting out a lot of product, what are they banking the money for??? Or they really just like running themselves ragged for fun? I doubt it. I know the economy is shaky after brexit, and views have been weird because YT keeps fucking up, maybe this is to make up for the loss of income.
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Gamingmas not as catchy as vlogmas but I will take it. December is the peak time to make videos (and get money) so good on them.

pearshaped34 wrote:The postman delivers at 9pm at night in London? Why do I doubt that?
Some delivery places do say they can deliver any time between 7am and 10pm. It is doubtful but that is what they say.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
pearshaped34
morning quiff

^ He actually said postman and they get a late delivery like the postperson was regularly coming at that time.. But yes I suppose he could have meant a courier service and they were expecting a parcel delivery. Who knows.
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papierklemmen
flower crown

haha i actually like that there was such a simple explanation! :lol: the plushies are literally a scooby doo villain.

maybe oneday we'll know the truth behind all those #gates and moments that add to the conspiracy theories revolving deppy
The_Blonde
living flop

pearshaped34 wrote:The postman delivers at 9pm at night in London? Why do I doubt that?
It could be! I'm in Bath (which is nowhere near as busy as London) and we had our post today at 7pm, so maybe? (9pm does seem late though!)

I am excited for Gamingmas (please finish Undertale please please) and whatever video is going up tonight (though why around 10pm on the night that I have an 8am lecture tomorrow why :cry: )
sentinel
lady door

trashqueen wrote:i've just watched phil defranco's video on how the youtube trending page works (to sum it up, who the fuck knows it's not like youtube is transparent or anything)
and now i'm annoyed pinof didn't make its way into it with 1.5m views, 270k likes and 54k comments in 24 hours

it would have been a funny throwback to when one of their videos (a pinof maybe? can't remember tbh) made it's way to the youtube homepage and they got a shit ton of random people watching and felt the need to add a psa style annotation saying that they were not gay and just friends, lol (that did happen right?, now i'm starting to think i might be confusing phanfic with reality)

edit: he also mentioned channels dropping on views so i checkedi phil's channel and yup, somehow his channel went down 42k views yesterday, and dan's 88k, amazing, gotta love youtube being a functional website, gosh if i was a youtuber i would be consistently furious and stressed about it
It's showing for me, screenshot here. Phil's Show shows up a lot too, which makes me think they are either rolling it out in stages (possible, but unlikely - yt rarely does staged roll out that takes this long and you can't exactly stagger and algorithm) or something is broken, the engineering team can't reproduce it because it's random and they are going ??????? & trying to figure wtf is going on.

Interesting about the glitch is that they appear to have negative views. What does that even mean? The lowest views are 0, no people watching. What, people are going back in time and unwatching? YT is uncounting already watched stuff? Come to think of it, may be they changed the time when it counts a video as watched from around 30 seconds to 45 or something and are recalculating actual views. If anyone is interested I could ask my friends in tech (I work in a tech website) if it's possible?
melon lord
morning quiff

Artdefines06 wrote:
I'm excited, although I wonder if Dan will be over it half-way through the month and get tired and sassy lol.

Ok, I'm actually starting to wonder if they are saving up money for something. The have been putting out a lot of product, what are they banking the money for??? Or they really just like running themselves ragged for fun? I doubt it. I know the economy is shaky after brexit, and views have been weird because YT keeps fucking up, maybe this is to make up for the loss of income.
I think it's a general revamp of their merch. Apart from seasonal things, merch stays pretty static and you usually know it's there, so no fuss if you don't get it immedieately. I actually appreciate deppy's new flood of merch but only from them, because I know they put a lot of work and attention in what they sell. Also the branding has been more discreet. I am also an older fan and I would feel a bit embarrassed to have their fringes or faces on my boobs. I have been eyeing up the dark galaxy bag but I have too many bags already :oops: I prefer understated merch, if it's got a slogan then that's fine, but not screaming BRANDBRANDBRAND all over it, so I appreciate their new aesthetic.

@malday thank you! my net is bad so it was super laggy, I'll just wait till it's over and watch properly on tumblr :D

Did someone mention Gamingmas?????? :shock: I am shook

SquishPhan
capita£ester

A lagyy and short live show, but I still enjoyed it especially since Phil seemed to be in a good mood. :D
He talked a lot about Dan, used we quite a bit and it was just nice even if it was a spon fest.
Also super excited about Gamingmas.
visiblelurker
delia smith

melon lord wrote:@visiblelurker, it's definitely red and green but you're right it's been oversaturated/really brightly lit and it looks orangey and dark teal. dressgate all over again is2g :lol:
Thanks for providing assurance that I am not going insane! i always wonder. ! Yeah it was definitely red and green in Phil's liveshow. I just had a moment looking at that picture wondering if I had lost my sanity.

Also my favourite bit in Phil's liveshow was around 21:00 when he was talking about the shadowbox. Putting it on our walls as a memento for years to come.
Last edited by visiblelurker on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

What were the non-simple explanations for the plushies? I know people speculated they set them up to be holding hands but the only speculation I ever saw about why D&P had them was that they were future merch or a fan gift.

Very excited to be getting lots of videos and the gaming channel this month. And I loved how many times he felt the need to stress he wasn't promising daily videos. Not that that will stop the where is our video comments as soon as a day comes where they don't give us one. :lol:

And I think I prefer the idea of getting Undertale spread out across the month with other videos in-between then all in one week.
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
isabella
butt chair

nah it's true lol i live in london and you can schedule amazon or argos deliveries for 7-10pm. usually it's for same day deliveries. i do it all the time!
melon lord
morning quiff

visiblelurker wrote:
melon lord wrote:@visiblelurker, it's definitely red and green but you're right it's been oversaturated/really brightly lit and it looks orangey and dark teal. dressgate all over again is2g :lol:
Thanks for providing assurance that I am not going insane! i always wonder. ! Yeah it was definitely red and green in Phil's liveshow. I just had a moment looking at that picture wondering if I had lost my sanity.
You definitely haven't! :platonic: It looks very warm and kind of blood orange

and the green looks really dark and cool toned

And it looks that way even when I turn f.lux off on my monitor cause it does warm up the screen a lot, so it's definitely not your eyeballs

lilMango
morning quiff

malday wrote:
hiddenwombat wrote:those are the plushies phil took off the mantelpiece in that one liveshow! he just tried not to spoil things for us :lol:
I'm actually kind of sad #plushiegate has such a simple explanation.
Im actually v sad about this and I'm hoping that someone can #debunk their #debunk and prove to me that the plushies were actually holding hands
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
isabella
butt chair

it's not just you guys
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

melon lord wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:

I think it's a general revamp of their merch. Apart from seasonal things, merch stays pretty static and you usually know it's there, so no fuss if you don't get it immedieately. I actually appreciate deppy's new flood of merch but only from them, because I know they put a lot of work and attention in what they sell. Also the branding has been more discreet. I am also an older fan and I would feel a bit embarrassed to have their fringes or faces on my boobs. I have been eyeing up the dark galaxy bag but I have too many bags already :oops: I prefer understated merch, if it's got a slogan then that's fine, but not screaming BRANDBRANDBRAND all over it, so I appreciate their new aesthetic.

@malday thank you! my net is bad so it was super laggy, I'll just wait till it's over and watch properly on tumblr :D

Did someone mention Gamingmas?????? :shock: I am shook
By product I meant videos, performances, and liveshows as well. But now that I think about it I joined the fandom during the big drought of 2015, so maybe it just seems like a lot to me, but this is what it was before they started writing books and touring the world like rockstars :)

*also I'm team teal and orange lol. I was wondering why they would choose such strange colors, but I thought maybe it was just to be unique lol.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

He was so excited and bouncy, it's fricking adorable. I sometimes can't get over how gorgeous he looks in liveshows and restrain myself from telling him in the chat cos it'll sound creepy, and this was definitely one of those. Glad he wore the maroon jumper and showed the red one so we could see the real colours, it's not like their website to be inaccurate like that, but his one is kinda marroon after all, and the red one is red and not orange. His excitement's infectious, I almost changed my mind on the plushies. Damn, don't you just want to find him wrapped in a big red bow on Christmas morning ;)

Gamingmas sounds wonderful, good for them going the whole hog after all this rushing around lately. I hope they'll play more games they like again, but if he keeps up that kind of energy, it'll be good anyway.

Excited Pinof, Tatinof and Lion Guard talk too, they've been having a good year all round really. I was hoping for more Pinof talk, but glad he talked about Dan picking him up, I was curious how he felt being in the air like that. Being main characters in The Lion Guard is great, I've had a few favourite actors from musicals who had tiny parts in things here and there, and watching out for them for a few seconds was fun, but painful, so a whole episode starring them... The framed Tatinof craft he showed of them in their gold suits with the set is amazing, just getting the set accurate is hard even with all the photos, some bits are in shadow a lot of the time and hard to see. It's so sweet they've taken some home.
papierklemmen
flower crown

lilMango wrote:
malday wrote:
hiddenwombat wrote:those are the plushies phil took off the mantelpiece in that one liveshow! he just tried not to spoil things for us :lol:
Im actually v sad about this and I'm hoping that someone can #debunk their #debunk and prove to me that the plushies were actually holding hands
i dare someone to start a new conspiracy theory: the plushies were a fan gift and they were actually holding hands but phil screwed up and showed them during the ls so to cover up the #phan they found the fan who made the plushies, proposed a deal and turned the plushies into a merch line
eevee
emo goose

I agree that the sweater looked orange and teal, but then when Phil held it up in his younow it was very much bright red and less-bright green. It also appears to be reversible. It almost convinced me to buy it, lol. But no such luck.

Towards the beginning of the liveshow Phil talked about Dan in the same way Dan talks about Phil in his ls's. "How did you pick what to wear in pinof8?" "Dan wore..." He also complimented Dan as Elsa. I'm gonna need all y'all DD/lg people to chill. Speaking of, Dan apparently wants to buy a real bow for his hair. I can't breathe

gaming-mas will be exciting! They're seriously spoiling us. I cry. I hope they play console stuff (no shade but I'm sick of the flash games)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
fancybum
senpai

Aw I want to hug whoever gave them that framed thing at tatinof, it's adorable. Almost as adorable as them taking it home to put up on 'one of [their] walls'.

And the plushies haven't just popped up in liveshows, they were visible in the Rejects video and the Caspar collab, probably others. and i bought them immediately because capitalism

Gamingmas! He said whatever they're posting tonight is surprisingly intense, so... if it's just another .io kind of game, I quit. It better be good.

AND how fucking sweet was he talking about pinof and how this one is probably his favourite (apart from the 1st one I assume..) and excited about it already having +50k comments and all appreciative about us loving it too. My heart can't take any more.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

lilMango wrote:
malday wrote:
Either those were proto types or those were not part of the merch. I am sure those are different dolls because the dolls that Phil hid can't sit.

I had a feeling they'll release a jumper so I didn't buy any merch. Now I need to buy the xmas jumper.
Last edited by Diyes_Celine on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

so the plushies were not holding hands! a year later we know the truth haha.

cant say i'm not disappointed. i thought it was like the only shitty proof we had lol.

ok back to thinking theyre just best friends
fancybum
senpai

Diyes_Celine wrote: Either those were proto types or those were not part of the merch. I am sure those are different dolls because the dolls that Phil hid can't sit.
I'm going with prototype because it's the same ones that were in the Rejects vid:
and these ones can't stand either (and it's two Phil dolls here, so they had multiples)
dans left hand wrote:so the plushies were not holding hands! a year later we know the truth haha.

cant say i'm not disappointed. i thought it was like the only shitty proof we had lol.

I'm not saying they were or they weren't, but them being merch doesn't automatically mean they weren't arranged in a specific way on their mantel...
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
swofro
angel bean

My heart (and bank account) can't take this anymore. I agree with whoever said that the plushie looks creepy without face. I hope they will release some with diff design in the next years or so.

Blood orange jumper for my eyes.

Absolutely excited for gamingmas! Although they should think of a catchy name to call it, gamingmas is not exactly smooth.

Hope the upcoming vid is good. :D
Love is forever
SquishPhan
capita£ester

fancybum wrote:
dans left hand wrote:so the plushies were not holding hands! a year later we know the truth haha.

I'm not saying they were or they weren't, but them being merch doesn't automatically mean they weren't arranged in a specific way on their mantel...
This.

Also this made me laugh, noticed it in the live show that he kept getting it wrong. :lol: