Dan & Phil Part 31: You're stuck with me for life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

Carry on banting!

(gif source: cozydan)

(forever plz)
busy being happy~
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan's new header on twitter - guess he doesn't mind the self-promo that much. (It's cute, though.)
Cheekyposter
tol bean

Found my password here and was happy then got a text from my friend Kanyes in the hospital the guy me and Dan have in common.

I can never be too happy
Cheekyposter
tol bean

alittledizzy wrote: Dan's new header on twitter - guess he doesn't mind the self-promo that much. (It's cute, though.)
That is cute
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

i'm hoping berlin or stockholm will choose the cake scene and someone will get a good recording of it!! if they arent willing to release it then we can do it ourselves lol
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
uglyamerican
woodland creature

I'm a little late to the party, but I woke up at 3am and decided that was a perfect time to watch Philly's new video. I enjoyed it, in fact I think it's probably his best effort this year. Me likey....

Anyway, totally OT: If anyone is into vampire movies, make sure you see "Lost Boys." I just bought the Blu-ray, and it's an interesting look at '80's punk/pop culture, crazy hair/clothing, and a young Kiefer Sutherland.

OT again, but more on point: Both Joe Sugg and Caspar Lee have started to do live shows, but on You Tube (vs. YouNow.) I really like Caspar: he's goofy and seems genuinely nice (not a persona.) Anyway, there are no stupid coins, bars, and other distractions - just (sometimes cheeky) live comments flying by. And the stream seems to perform better, at least for me.
poweredbywords
tol bean

Hi guys!
[offtopic][/offtopic]
So I don't know if this should go here or the emma blackery thread, but she just posted a new video titled "why i don't talk about my diet" where she's basically talking about how she went vegan a year ago and she was unhealthy because of it so she's not going to talk about it because she has a younger audience.

I find her whole history with deppy to be like the most entertaining thing ever and I like to think she's still like hardcore closet phan, so I was wondering if you guys think this might be a dig at dan for his on-again-off-again veganism? Or is my "emma is still obsessed with phan" conspiracy -theory glasses on too tight?
She starts the video saying she gets a lot of people asking if she's vegan and stuff but I like never see anyone tweeting her that? and tbf I don't avidly go through all the tweets people send her so maybe she does

she also talked about the difference between a plant-based diet and being vegan, which is a discussion we had on here like just recently

I totally like the general message of the video, but she just made the whole video about herself? like "I'm not going to be held responsible for you doing this wrong," rather than "I don't want you to be unhealthy just because you see youtubers doing something." but I'm now straying way off topic. she's like my "I can't stand this person but I follow her twitter and stuff anyway because I love how annoyed I get watching her" (we all have one).
Last edited by alittledizzy on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixed video embed
blu
squish

disclaimer: I really can't remember if this was from this forum, if it was, please excuse my terrible memory.

at one tatinof, did the cake scene as an extra. someone has the audio, but unfortunately they don't have a video. you can find it here: https://soundcloud.com/eavans/cake-is-wild
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Im surprised we havent talked this about this (we are a gossip forum :lol: ) but apparently Phil liked a phanart depicting him and Dan holding hands then the girls account magically deleted- I dont think he would do it but maybe request he take it down?? There are several screenshots but idk
It very interesting to me that Phil tends to like the most interesting of things. Can we add this to the Holy Grail that is Phil's most telling and #fail likes which include a tweet of him and Dan being bi?? ;)
I now legit believe Phil is a demon phannie (kinda obvious by his tumblr likes) that has a private twitter that he likes phanart in and sometimes he forgets to log out
blu
squish

it is possible the girl changed her @
mez29
procrastinator

wombat there was no relaxation of the no recording rule, they played the same "no spoilers" announcement as ever before it started and the venue were pretty strict about it, had guys walking around telling people to put their phones away if they were taking pictures before the show. I think the quantity of videos taken of parts of the show would have been no more than anywhere else - it's just that there'll be more online probably as people know the chance of an angry DM/copyright block is lower.

French girl won over cake by quite a long way, which was surprising (and disappointing).
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

kuensukki wrote:Im surprised we havent talked this about this (we are a gossip forum :lol: ) but apparently Phil liked a phanart depicting him and Dan holding hands then the girls account magically deleted- I dont think he would do it but maybe request he take it down?? There are several screenshots but idk
It very interesting to me that Phil tends to like the most interesting of things. Can we add this to the Holy Grail that is Phil's most telling and #fail likes which include a tweet of him and Dan being bi?? ;)
I now legit believe Phil is a demon phannie (kinda obvious by his tumblr likes) that has a private twitter that he likes phanart in and sometimes he forgets to log out
maybe he just accidentally likes stuff, i do that sometimes when i scroll down twitter i press to hard and i never notice too. till i go to my likes page and see stuff i dont recognize
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Skeletorsrighthand wrote:
kuensukki wrote:Im surprised we havent talked this about this (we are a gossip forum :lol: ) but apparently Phil liked a phanart depicting him and Dan holding hands then the girls account magically deleted- I dont think he would do it but maybe request he take it down?? There are several screenshots but idk
maybe he just accidentally likes stuff, i do that sometimes when i scroll down twitter i press to hard and i never notice too. till i go to my likes page and see stuff i dont recognize
Its not the first time he's accidently liked phanart. Around Christmas he liked this one of them holding hands with tinsel. Eh I wouldnt put too much into this pic since the screenshots taken was of only one time but its very interesting to consider...
MoonPride
moon room

Did you all see Dan's reply to someone on a twitter (not sure how to insert the photo) saying he had things to talk about in capital letters? I wonder what that is all about.

Part of me was thinking last night that they really owe it to the fans to be honest if they truly are not dating. Because the more they drag it out without any kind of (recent) denial I believe it's all going to just blow up in their faces and people will accuse them of leading them on. I believe the brand will suffer more in the end.

When was the last time either of them openly denied being together?
norealpablo
tol bean

MoonPride wrote:Did you all see Dan's reply to someone on a twitter (not sure how to insert the photo) saying he had things to talk about in capital letters? I wonder what that is all about.

Part of me was thinking last night that they really owe it to the fans to be honest if they truly are not dating. Because the more they drag it out without any kind of (recent) denial I believe it's all going to just blow up in their faces and people will accuse them of leading them on. I believe the brand will suffer more in the end.

i was thinking the same thing.
if i'm not mistaken, last time dan denied phan in 2012. plus in 2013 they both few times said they were single. so it's been 3 years i guess.
there is a phan denial playlist by felucca: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 2bbRUmWMZO
"But what else did we edit out? You'll never know."
MoonPride
moon room

norealpablo wrote:
MoonPride wrote:Did you all see Dan's reply to someone on a twitter (not sure how to insert the photo) saying he had things to talk about in capital letters? I wonder what that is all about.

if i'm not mistaken, last time dan denied phan in 2012. plus in 2013 they both few times said they were single. so it's been 3 years i guess.
there is a phan denial playlist by felucca: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 2bbRUmWMZO

For me despite what they are I'll still watch them, but right now I just feel like they are milking the mystery for all they can get and It doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I also believe there is no way they could keep another relationship secret, because that means making sure all the partners family and friends keep their mouths shut. Plus it's just plain weird that nobody has ever seen them out on a date with someone else. If I was in a relationship with either of them I would not be happy to see my partner not denying they are shagging their best friend.

If they are just friends they need to make a point that they are just that but are not offended with being shipped together for fun.

IF they are dating, and they spilt up I really do worry about Dan. He is so dependant on Phil that it's not healthy. I can imagine Phil may find it smoothering at times.

Feel better now I got that off my chest. :)
gnostic
stress mushroom

Anyone else lowkey wonder if THINGS Dan is gonna talk about is moving talk?
Just here for the marketing skills
flurry
living flop

I kind of feel it's going to be moving talk too, especially with all the storage hints. I hope they're staying together again though, just for the sake of continuing their collaboration.

Is it weird that I never really bothered if they're together or not? I've been watching them since about 2010 and I didn't pick up on 2012 tension nor did it even cross my mind to discuss whether they're dating or not until I started reading forums like a month or two ago. I just think that whether they be very close friends or partners, it doesn't really matter because whatever they have is quite special and sweet. Having said that, I do hope they continue as a brand though I used to be content watching them separately - since their videos together are really entertaining.
Wylis
tol bean

MoonPride wrote:Part of me was thinking last night that they really owe it to the fans to be honest if they truly are not dating. Because the more they drag it out without any kind of (recent) denial I believe it's all going to just blow up in their faces and people will accuse them of leading them on. I believe the brand will suffer more in the end.
But, in a way, they are denying it. Every time they say that Dan slept on a bunk bed, every time they talk about having different hotel rooms, they are denying that they are dating. We just don’t know if they are doing it because they don’t want to come out (as a couple) publicly or because they in fact aren’t dating.
The problem is that we choose to see it all as a lie and prefer to concentrate only on their interaction.
gnostic wrote:Anyone else lowkey wonder if THINGS Dan is gonna talk about is moving talk?
It did cross my mind, but would they really make that big of a deal out of it? I have been only watching them for a few months now so I’m not 100% sure but I think that they would just mention it in passing or something like that and not announce beforehand that there are important things to talk about.
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

norealpablo wrote:
MoonPride wrote: Part of me was thinking last night that they really owe it to the fans to be honest if they truly are not dating. Because the more they drag it out without any kind of (recent) denial I believe it's all going to just blow up in their faces and people will accuse them of leading them on. I believe the brand will suffer more in the end.

They still deny it without hesitation when they are asked directly. In one of the first tatinof shows, the audience screamed if phan is real and Dan shook his head. And when a fan asked him directly when meeting him, he said no (although his eyes were saying yes according to her :roll: ). And Martyn denied it too when someone asked him, don't know if that counts.
They just don't go out of their way to deny it without being asked or seek out the question to answer it. They already did that in 2012 and the atmosphere was very hostile apparently, so i don't blame them for not going there again. Do you really think the phandom would believe them? Unless they can "prove" it by moving out or showing off other partners, it's just going to be like 2012.
I'm just happy they are relaxing a bit with how they are perceived, for example aren't as scared of touching anymore. Romantic or platonic, they were so touchy in their first collabs, it must be weird to restrain yourself like that.

And also this:
Wylis wrote: But, in a way, they are denying it. Every time they say that Dan slept on a bunk bed, every time they talk about having different hotel rooms, they are denying that they are dating. We just don’t know if they are doing it because they don’t want to come out (as a couple) publicly or because they in fact aren’t dating.
The problem is that we choose to see it all as a lie and prefer to concentrate only on their interaction.
For me it's clear they want us to believe they aren't more than best friends
It's not their fault that the phandom sees their interactions as romantic.
norealpablo
tol bean

MoonPride wrote:
norealpablo wrote:

For me despite what they are I'll still watch them, but right now I just feel like they are milking the mystery for all they can get and It doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I also believe there is no way they could keep another relationship secret, because that means making sure all the partners family and friends keep their mouths shut. Plus it's just plain weird that nobody has ever seen them out on a date with someone else. If I was in a relationship with either of them I would not be happy to see my partner not denying they are shagging their best friend.

If they are just friends they need to make a point that they are just that but are not offended with being shipped together for fun.

IF they are dating, and they spilt up I really do worry about Dan. He is so dependant on Phil that it's not healthy. I can imagine Phil may find it smoothering at times.

Feel better now I got that off my chest. :)
exactly. i agree with everything you said. except that i see their relationship (whatever tf they are) as equally codependent. but the thing is they don't really owe anything to anyone and they always can hide behind the "you all should be interested in our content not in our private lives" excuse, which have a point tbf.
and i agree, keeping it mysterious and not denying a (especially if it's non-existent) relationships for sure might bite them in the ass some day. but on the other hand, maybe they don't deny it not cos they milking the mystery for all they can get but because they know it's not worth it.
i mean, dan denied phan in the past with passion and multiple times so what? did you believed him? cos i kinda did not, and i'm sure i'm not alone.
norealpablo
tol bean

wtfamidoinghere wrote: They just don't go out of their way to deny it without being asked or seek out the question to answer it. They already did that in 2012 and the atmosphere was very hostile apparently, so i don't blame them for not going there again. Do you really think the phandom would believe them? Unless they can "prove" it by moving out or showing off other partners, it's just going to be like 2012.
yes, by "not worth it" i meant exactly that and i don't blame them either.
flurry
living flop

norealpablo I agree with you so much! I totally feel that they don't owe us anything - maybe at the very most to make videos to keep their viewers satisfied, but even if they stop making videos, sad as it may be, it still isn't denying us anything that is legitimately ours. I think the very most is that they owe us an explanation if they do stop their YT careers - just to let their fans who have followed their stuff know why. But definitely with regards to their private lives, we don't have a right to them.

Also, yeah I'm confused why people say they haven't denied being together because they have? And no one has believed them so I feel, at the moment, that even if they do somehow say they're together or not in a confirmed way, no one is going to believe it but we're all going to analyse it for some deeper meaning. As we do 8-)

Just my two cents' worth!
fancybum
senpai

MoonPride wrote: Part of me was thinking last night that they really owe it to the fans to be honest if they truly are not dating. Because the more they drag it out without any kind of (recent) denial I believe it's all going to just blow up in their faces and people will accuse them of leading them on. I believe the brand will suffer more in the end.
Uh, and if they are dating? Do they owe fans details in that case? If you don't like not having a clear enough answer and think it's manipulative on their part, then stop watching them. What you're saying (if they are more than friends) is "tell me the personal details of your life you'd rather keep to yourself or straight up lie to my face so I can stop wondering about those details." Same as those people who have the lack of class to ask them/family/friends to their face: they're being put in a position to potentially (if they are indeed together blah blah) out a loved one's private life or lie. Hmmm, I wonder which is the obvious choice. If D&P don't want to say "hey we're in love with each other, thanks for the support" there's a reason for that. Probably many reasons. None of which are anybody's business but theirs.

Oh and speaking of no class:
Ew.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
MoonPride
moon room

I guess. I think it's just my need to know nosy nature that makes it infuriating.

How many people actually on here believe they are together?