Dan & Phil Part 31: You're stuck with me for life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
majitzu
angel bean

fancybum wrote:
So I just watched Dodie's snapchat story and she had no idea what the fuck was going on with D&Ps song :lol: Now I know people doing YT don't have time to watch all the videos uploaded ever, but like. This is what tends to annoy me about YTers being subtly shitty to/about D&P when they have no idea what it is they're actually doing.

Quoted from her snapchat:
Dodie wrote:So update: I'm at the afterparty and Phil won the category that I was nominated in which is wonderful obviously. I've never seen their performance or liveshow, and Dan and Phil sang a song at the end. It was really nice and so heartwarming. It was like 'even though we're socially awkward, we all belong,' it was really nice.
Like other creators don't really get why they have such a devoted audience, they think they're just guys fucking around with the Sims getting by because people ship them. That's an insult to everybody, D&P and their audience.

I take back my cringe at them performing the song because fuck yeah, that's what they're about and that's why people love them. The shipping shit is just a weird bonus if you're into that. So much of their content (including liveshows and tweet replies even) go by unnoticed by their peers who think they're just lucky. Like damn they work and put good things out into the world that their audience reflects back at them, damn right you RECOGNIZE IT.
All of this. They have work to get were they are now. Other people don't understand that, I knowthe ship is an important part of their success but no one can't say they don't put effort in what they do.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

majitzu wrote:
fancybum wrote:
So I just watched Dodie's snapchat story and she had no idea what the fuck was going on with D&Ps song :lol: Now I know people doing YT don't have time to watch all the videos uploaded ever, but like. This is what tends to annoy me about YTers being subtly shitty to/about D&P when they have no idea what it is they're actually doing.

Quoted from her snapchat:
Dodie wrote:So update: I'm at the afterparty and Phil won the category that I was nominated in which is wonderful obviously. I've never seen their performance or liveshow, and Dan and Phil sang a song at the end. It was really nice and so heartwarming. It was like 'even though we're socially awkward, we all belong,' it was really nice.
Like other creators don't really get why they have such a devoted audience, they think they're just guys fucking around with the Sims getting by because people ship them. That's an insult to everybody, D&P and their audience.

I take back my cringe at them performing the song because fuck yeah, that's what they're about and that's why people love them. The shipping shit is just a weird bonus if you're into that. So much of their content (including liveshows and tweet replies even) go by unnoticed by their peers who think they're just lucky. Like damn they work and put good things out into the world that their audience reflects back at them, damn right you RECOGNIZE IT.
All of this. They have work to get were they are now. Other people don't understand that, I knowthe ship is an important part of their success but no one can't say they don't put effort in what they do.
Their High Nerd Factor is what got me interested into these two dorks. The ship part came later, but to be totally honest these two are some of the biggest nerds I have ever come across. Which is impressive.

Edit:

Also, lets get real: their creativity is different from what everyone else is doing. I mean, who else writes a book (quite a few actually) and THEN supports it with a stage show and then ANOTHER book of their US honeymoon stage show?

Ship or not, they have worked their asses off to get where they are. Obviously they don't follow whatever standard YT "formula" there is out there for content creation, these two come up with an idea and run with it.

Also...and don't hate me for this, but their separation of their private vs. public lives is pretty hard-core and you can't help but respect it. They aren't throwing their personal biz all over the internet. They have certain niche's, like anime and Phil with his instant coffee and clumsiness and just being Phil, but you can't label them as anything other than the two nerdy dudes from the UK. They are who they are, and although I ship them like a transatlantic ocean freighter, and they know you can take them or leave them.

For that, I am proud of the boys.
Last edited by jesuisunèléve on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

visiblelurker wrote:
dannonfill wrote:Deppy on the @itsalfiegreen's periscope
they're so cute
edit: it appears I have no clue what I'm doing lol oh well
Aww. Although what is up with Dan's voice?

I am more wondering what happened to his hair and how tall he is. He looks like he is 7' tall. His shoulders are like 5 inches higher than Phil's. Did he wear his heels tonight? I'm not knocking him or anything, just genuinely wondering. Phil looked normal/tall-ish next to everyone, then Dan was like a giant next to everyone. What happened? :shock:

I am on the fence about their suits. I pretty much like Phil's (although I don't really care for gold), but Dan's...why does he have to wear high water pants? I hate that ankle-exposed look, and the white shoes. It might look okay on a small/dainty-ish man, but when he is so tall it looks like he couldn't get to the tailors in time and wore trousers that are ill fitting. Why Dan, why?

I could barely watch any of the clips the cringe/second hand embarrassment factor was strong in these. I am happy for the guys though, and the cuteness was almost too much to handle, Jesus...

For the person asking about body language, I watch theirs a lot but don't normally say anything because a lot of people either think it is pointless or stupid or whatever. But I watch everyone's body language and have looked into validity of it in the distant past and found it to be fairly true irl. I don't want too many skeptics to hurt themselves by eye-rolling too hard so I will put a few thoughts and examples under the spoiler :
Watch Dan at the Podium tonight. He is talking into the mics and to the audience, but his body for most of the time is angled towards Phil. When they take photos together they either angle their bodies in towards each other or at least their feet, and sometimes even lean into each other. More so Dan than Phil which I also find interesting...(one pic from today they are leaning in and touching, this pic is a rare Phil leaning, not Dan :shock:) If you compare this to others (I.e. Joe and Casper this rarely if ever happens-I truly have never seen it- even in pics with their arms around each other they are still angled out. they are just friends. Then look at how Joey and Daniel stand, or Zoe and Alfie stand. Bodies angled in, feet pointed in.) Also when D&P walk together they are almost always instep same foot at the same time. They also mirror each other a lot in movements in general. Not saying this means anything but I find things like that interesting. I see people irl and use tells like this to tell me about the person/people even before I meet them, we all do to an extent mostly subconsciously.
actions speak louder than words
MoonPride
moon room

Just got home from the BONCAS, so glad I went. So god damn proud of Phil. Dan was literally beamimg with proudness it was fucking adorable.

My daughter concluded this as the best night of her life, esp when she got hellos from them both when they was going to their seats. Never seen her stomach flip so much haha.
mez29
procrastinator

What a time to be alive. fancybum, your post, yes x 1000
victorycafe
squish

Ahh this is all so lovely and brightening my day!!

When I watched the video of them performing TIIH I realized that, lyrically, it really is quite suited to this awards show, and not nearly as 'niche' (for the D&P audience) as I thought. It actually made me a bit emotional to watch them perform it there :)
MoonPride
moon room

I got annoyed that some people got up to leave when they started to sing though. I thought it was rude.

They looked so happy together and I feel so blessed to witness that in person.

Also they arrived at the stage door and not out the front so nobody got to see them arrive I don't think, then again it was insane and so poorly organised.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Ugh, the flood pants and naked ankles... unstanning Daniel-son.

Who am I kidding? Congratulations to both of the guys, they've done well this year. I hope the fans realize how much they've been working for them, and not complain so much about a(n imagined) content drought. Great evening for everyone.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Wow, just got home from the BONCAS. Will write a proper review tomorrow of both Dublin TATINOF and the awards tomorrow as I am knackered. Today has been a very surreal day, started off by seeing Deppy in the airport (didn't go up to them as they were eating and thought that would be weird) and finished with them owning the awards show. They are held with such high esteem in the YouTube community. Some seem quite bitter about it and others just love it. You could fee the love from the audience and the end of the show was just given to them. They had confetti, Dil was there, Phil won the award and invited Dan up and it was just perfect. I've had some wine (& beer) and just feel very proud of them right now. They've achieved so much this year and I hope it continues on. I love being in this little deppy bubble, it makes irl less scary and much more fun. Roll on Berlin.

Ps. If anyone wants to see some videos from the award show then I posted a load on my twits
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
anathema
morning quiff

Winston wrote:They also mirror each other a lot in movements in general. Not saying this means anything but I find things like that interesting. I see people irl and use tells like this to tell me about the person/people even before I meet them, we all do to an extent mostly subconsciously.
If I remember correctly people will subconsciously mirror anyone to some extent, but we are more likely to do it with close friends/family/partners etc. So it really doesn't "mean" anything for D&P except for that they're super close to each other (they wouldn't do it so often if they weren't so close).
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

well guys, i am shook

no one told me we were now living in a phanfic

was waiting a bit before posting just in case something else happened but i just wow, i literally gasped when phil called dan on stage (which was funny bc i was watching evan's periscope and he gasped too) and spent the rest of his (their?) speech trying to keep quiet even though i was //freaking out// inside, and i don't mean that lightly, i was literally deceased

it wasn't just that he made dan go up the stage with him, one might argue that was the normal thing to do considering all their content is a joint effort at this point (even though he didn't have to make him go up, he could have just given him a shout out), but the way he phrased it was adorable, god i'm so angry that it happened at this mess of a show that didn't have a proper stream, i would have killed to see dan's immediate reaction

idk man, i think this says A LOT about their relationship, not about if they are fucking or nah (they are tho), but about how much they love each other, and that's way more important, next time someone posts here saying they believe they're gonna move apart, i'm just gonna link them to this speech

also i love dan's outfit, wished phil's was more sparkly, if you're gonna be obnoxious it's better to go all out imo, but it was still cute

also dan's little 'phil lester everyone!' at the end

kill me

i love them so much
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
fancybum
senpai

Dan liked this tweet. Hm. We're truly living in a different time now.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
eevee
emo goose

trashqueen wrote: also dan's little 'phil lester everyone!' at the end

kill me
oh my god sameeee he was so proud and it gave me LIFE
Philena wrote:
eevee wrote:dicks out for the boncas hype
OMG! I love you, eevee! I love you, deppy! I love you, idb!!!
d'aww thanks

And soon we skim through vlog after vlog for 2 seconds of background deppy....at least Dan will be easy to spot lol

fancybum I noticed that too I'm like hmm is this a peace offering? What's goin on lmao.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
fancybum
senpai

eevee wrote: fancybum I noticed that too I'm like hmm is this a peace offering? What's goin on lmao.
Maybe he just wanted to be nice, which.. great.. as long as it doesn't encourage her... Stay away Emma, don't sully the best time ever with your imminent bs. She's already tainting peej&pewds for me honestly. Just a bit.

Um so anyway, joint liveshow on Thursday? Yes yes?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote:
eevee wrote: fancybum I noticed that too I'm like hmm is this a peace offering? What's goin on lmao.
Maybe he just wanted to be nice, which.. great.. as long as it doesn't encourage her... Stay away Emma, don't sully the best time ever with your imminent bs. She's already tainting peej&pewds for me honestly. Just a bit.
Peace offering, or just apology bc she was sat right behind him so all she probably saw the entire show was the back of his head.
MoonPride
moon room

alittledizzy wrote:
fancybum wrote:
Peace offering, or just apology bc she was sat right behind him so all she probably saw the entire show was the back of his head.
They never once turned around to talk to her from what I saw and I was sat a few rows behind deppys heads.
eevee
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote:
fancybum wrote:

I agree though...deppy and emma can stay separate...at least PJ was sitting with dan and phil and not her (:

MoonPride awesome thanks for that info
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

2016 is now officially the year for I've been smiling non-stop for hours now and now the first BONCAs will always hold a speacial memory to all of us their avid viewers. They can say they are the final act to an award show!!!
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

fancybum wrote: Dan liked this tweet. Hm. We're truly living in a different time now.
eevee wrote:fancybum I noticed that too I'm like hmm is this a peace offering? What's goin on lmao.
This is her reward for not doing anything creepy while she was behind them all evening.
sweetmm
angel bean

Can someone upload Doug's snapchat please
Phantasy
woodland creature

Tom Daley followed D&P on twitter—can't wait for Dan's next live show so he can tell us how nice he smelled when they embraced.
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Phantasy wrote:Tom Daley followed D&P on twitter—can't wait for Dan's next live show so he can tell us how nice he smelled when they embraced.
Waaaaaaaaah!!! Deppy, please post a photo with him.
Elemancy
butt chair

I don't have words enough to describe how incredible and gratifying it was to see them receive those awards, but I had to crawl out of the woodwork to say the one thing that stuck out to me, especially in light of the 'shade' comments made by Conor on their inseparable natures is how they made it a point to own their connection in front of a room filled with peers and strangers. I mean how powerful was it to hear Phil unabashedly, without a degree of self-consciousness about his decision, call Dan on stage so they could receive the creator of the year award side by side, to turn that small joke about their doing everything together into a powerful example of their success? Like he could have just extended a word of acknowledgement from the stage and be done with it, but he didn't.

It's such a small subtle moment in the grand scheme of things but it seemed all the more meaningful because of it. Not just because it exemplified Phil's kindness and consideration, but because it demonstrated how highly he regards Dan to the point of considering him not as a simple accessory to his success as an individual creator, but as someone who is an integral part of it. Then the way Dan proudly said Phil's name and the pleased way he later mentions spending two years on a project that essentially brought them around the world to an awards stage where their efforts were recognized and celebrated.
More than that, I guess tonight felt like they were celebrating each other.

I also loved how Dan graciously mentioned other YT'ers and made the concentrated effort to recognize their contributions too while onstage which made their acceptance of the awards into this convivial, inclusive moment rather than just being all about them.

idk maybe I'm reading too much into tonight, but overall it was a happy experience that left me feeling proud.

They've had such a great run of accomplishments this year and I hope it's a trend that continues for them both.

(also: those shiny shiny suits! I loved them..)
:dildo:
sweetmm
angel bean

Is this a confirmation of #busgate? Phil did not share the bed with Dan but instead with the momager
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

they're... not truly attached??? dan going into a room without phil? #phandivorced confirmed