Dan & Phil part 32...and what a thicc thread it was

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
papierklemmen
flower crown

oh no, not the height wank again :lol:

i enjoyed their yandere video, despite the fact that i find the game insanely boring. even mark, who can make any dull game look x100 funnier, couldn't manage to save it, i was bored to tears. but deppy's bants were worth it i guess, i hope they don't continue playing.

but wHeN iS uNdErTaLe omgz!!1 :sobs:

P.S. oh wow, new video, lol

What's the point of asking the questions about something they have in THEIR OWN BOOK???? lol! anyone could have answered the question about names!
DeadlyNova
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

So since the majority of those watrching this video knew the answers to several of those questions, does that mean we are ALL their best friends? Good to know.

That aside, that video was really cute. I smiled really hard throughout the whole thing.

(I'm also glad they posted it before I had to go to work. They have a habit of posting videos the second I walk out the door to go to work. xD)
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Oh my word, this video was amazing.

I thought it was going to be lame because I'm soo over Best Fiends but the banter, the roommate shaming, the kinkshaming and everything made it so amazing.

I'm loving this as-many-videos-as-possible thing on DAPG right now - all of the videos have been superb

I'm just so warm inside, nobody will drag me off of my cloud

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

sentinel
lady door

Lmao Dan flatmate shaming Phil is my favourite thing.

9.57 What is Phil doing with his tongue??? Kinky
dollicious
spork

hopefulemm wrote:Personally, I've never seen any photos/videos from 2009, with Deppy standing the same distance from the camera side by side, where Dan doesn't look either questionably the same height as Phil or still taller than him.
same, i thought dan was always taller by a little bit, but appeared/was thought of as shorter because he was smaller. it is hard to find a picture or video where you can see their height accurately as they both have terrible posture and camera angles can sometimes make things appear different. the picture in my icon dan is taller but phil does look like he needs to straighten his posture.
in the interactive christmas adventure they are standing next to each other here with relatively good posture and dan still looks taller (although this was at the very end of 2009). i’m sure there are better examples i cba to look through them right now.
okay sorry everyone was already done talking about their height, i'm off to watch the new video.
do you like d&p?
swofro
angel bean

I really love that.

Points for
- charity
- Deppy remembering facts about each other is cute
- Phil tricking Dan with the bone breaking question
- Dan doesn't know Phil's contacts prescription. How dare he call himself Phil trash no 1.
- Dan typoing the tweet
- Dan ranting about Phil leaving things everywhere, left the cupboard open and stealing his cereal. Never change, deppy, never change.

So much love from me for this video. I can't stop smiling.
Love is forever
iero
phabergé

ok this game is not....the best...so i was originally disappointed but its for a good cause ($10k!!) and it ended up being my favourite out of the 3 gamingmas vids. i'm trash for learning random facts about them and seeing them so enthusiastic about knowing things about each other
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I was prepared to unstan, but it's for charity and they are aware that it would be boring to play best fiends, so the quiz was a smart and funny way to solve that problem. I should have more faith in them :lol:

I wonder if they didn't read each other's parts of the book or just forgot about it because the names were definitely in there. Maybe it's just something you remember as a fan, but not as a friend? And they did get the answer right, so they probably just weren't aware they knew it or something
pulvis et umbra sumus
gnostic
stress mushroom

Phil's evil mirth at Dan reading his tweet is my new favorite thing in the world.
Just here for the marketing skills
swofro
angel bean

Anyone know what does this mean?
Love is forever
DryCereal
koi pond

Sooooo... yeah. I wonder if Phil's been forgiven yet... :lol: +1 Foodsex reference.
Dan: We did that. We did it. It was a thing!

Apparently "bork" will feature in the bloopers.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
pearshaped34
morning quiff

If I was here to watch them play videogames then that video probably would have been pretty awful but as I'm mostly here just to watch them interact with one another that was a top notch video (and for bonus points it was for charity).

I particularly loved Phil's sneaky delivery of the broken bones question with the whole pretending he couldn't think of any more bones after foot. Usually any attempt by Phil to be sneaky Phil tends to be a fail so I was rather impressed with that one.

Also I love that Dan was the one who really wanted to do the tweet thing because he was super confident in his own ability and seemingly completely unconcerned about what tweet Phil could come up with and yet it was Dan's tweet that turned out to be completely lame (and very obviously Dan) whereas Phil's was actually quite good. If it wasn't for Dan's tweet appearing on Phil's account at the same time people probably wouldn't have guessed the tweet on Dan's account was Phil until the release of this video.
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papierklemmen
flower crown

so they actually paid them for the video, but they gave it to charity? or is it the normal process?

but damn if that's the money youtubers can get for spon. what am i doing with my life? :lol:
Last edited by papierklemmen on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eevee
emo goose

That was soooooo cute (don't tell me the answers were in TABINOF, that sliiiightly ruins it for me, so shhh) just how enthusiastic they got about remember the stories behind scars/broken bones/names etc. cutie patooties. But screw them for making such a boring spon video so interesting. Very clever! And the charity bit is very nice! as weird as it is to hear them talking about aids I love how Dan said that the typo reveals it as him...as if we would've been at all stumped without the typo :lol: And of course, we are blessed with another phil trash #1 reference.

papierklemmen I was about to post the same thing but you beat me to it! This is what I said:

Am I reading this right, does this mean that they literally got paid $10,000 for that one video and decided to donate it all?? But if they hadn't donated it it would've just been $10,000 for a spon video?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
papierklemmen
flower crown

eevee wrote:That was soooooo cute (don't tell me the answers were in TABINOF, that sliiiightly ruins it for me, so shhh) just how enthusiastic they got about remember the stories behind scars/broken bones/names etc. cutie patooties. But screw them for making such a boring spon video so interesting. Very clever! And the charity bit is very nice! as weird as it is to hear them talking about aids I love how Dan said that the typo reveals it as him...as if we would've been at all stumped without the typo :lol: And of course, we are blessed with another phil trash #1 reference.

papierklemmen I was about to post the same thing but you beat me to it! This is what I said:

Am I reading this right, does this mean that they literally got paid $10,000 for that one video and decided to donate it all?? But if they hadn't donated it it would've just been $10,000 for a spon video?
as someone who literally skimmed through the book and STILL remembered the asnwers to those questions i find it hard to believe they didn't know them. 8-) but ok, i'll pretend they forgot or something.

thinking about those $10k makes me want to cry about my career choices. :lol:
Philena
blobfish

Fave bit: "Don't be too mean. Don't say something my mum would be sad about." My heart!
psychicmoth
living flop

This is adorable Charity is a nice thing and they took a pretty smart decision adding a quizz, it made the whole video 10 times more enjoyable to watch. And I had the strong feeling that the whole video was filled with hidden messages and inside jokes, I love that.

I need to rewatch it n o w
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
DryCereal
koi pond

So we're all agreed then... No-one watches D&PG for the games?
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
nephilimcat
woodland creature

papierklemmen wrote:
eevee wrote:That was soooooo cute (don't tell me the answers were in TABINOF, that sliiiightly ruins it for me, so shhh) just how enthusiastic they got about remember the stories behind scars/broken bones/names etc. cutie patooties. But screw them for making such a boring spon video so interesting. Very clever! And the charity bit is very nice! as weird as it is to hear them talking about aids I love how Dan said that the typo reveals it as him...as if we would've been at all stumped without the typo :lol: And of course, we are blessed with another phil trash #1 reference.

as someone who literally skimmed through the book and STILL remembered the asnwers to those questions i find it hard to believe they didn't know them. 8-) but ok, i'll pretend they forgot or something.

Dan said it was quite generous in a tweet (I can't link to it rn, sorry), so maybe it was 10k because it was for charity and normally they would get less. I can't believe they'd get that much money for a spon. It would explain why so many people agreed to it though...
pulvis et umbra sumus
MoonPride
moon room

It's actually nice to see them donating their fee for this spon to charity as I watched a few other youtubers play this game with no mention of any charity or donation.

I loved how they jazzed the video up with the quiz but why couldn't they of asked harder questions, plus Dan's reaction to Phils tweet was epic lol!
victorycafe
squish

I haven't read TABINOF and surprised myself by still knowing Fiona and... Yazi? Or however it would be spelled. They must have been mentioned in videos or live streams at some point... or maybe I read about Dan's on tumblr, but I'm certain I've heard Phil mention Fiona in a video.

Their reactions to the honey tweet - that's totally an inside joke/reference. :D

I must admit it made me a tiny bit sad to hear all of the "friends" references; I think I'm just expecting too much too quickly after how much more open they seem to be lately.
Last edited by victorycafe on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philena
blobfish

IckleMissMayhem wrote:So we're all agreed then... No-one watches D&PG for the games?
You betcha! Which is why they need to start ignoring game requests :lol:
nephilimcat wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:

Dan said it was quite generous in a tweet (I can't link to it rn, sorry), so maybe it was 10k because it was for charity and normally they would get less. I can't believe they'd get that much money for a spon. It would explain why so many people agreed to it though...
I'm pretty sure that's an average spon amount for them
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was so cute and full of new facts (and a few from their mums' bits on the first pages of Tabinof fgs, guys). I had vague memories of a few like Dan's little finger, but I didn't know Phil had broken his nose when he smacked into that wall or any of the others. Dan really went on about the contact lens pot, cupboard doors and cereal, what with looking cute with his hair all fluffy and how much more himself he's seemed lately (I'm guessing with being less dinof-sarcastic and loud), I ended up just wanting to cuddle him. They're both such adorable cheeky sh*ts, I love them too much
papierklemmen
flower crown

IckleMissMayhem wrote:So we're all agreed then... No-one watches D&PG for the games?
well, who the hell watches shitty #spon videos for games? :lol:

as an avid gamer, i actually subbed to them in 2014 to watch their gaming videos... but their gaming content has quite changed since then :? thankfully at this point i'm invested in their personalities enough to enjoy mindless shit, but i still wish their gaming channel was a legit one. :lol:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

The video was so cute! Their serious use of the word "twoosh"... I agree with Maya, this video was def full of inside jokes.
They know it. We know it. Nobody's tuning in to app spon for the app. I now expect a cute Phan twist on every spon vid, tyvm
eevee wrote:Am I reading this right, does this mean that they literally got paid $10,000 for that one video and decided to donate it all?? But if they hadn't donated it it would've just been $10,000 for a spon video?
Sounded a bit low to me, if I'm honest. Given their audience size, they probably make a significant amount more than that per video (6 figures AT LEAST.... possibly even 7 given their popularity). I'd honestly be shocked if they didn't get paid on top of that donation to make the video. Make that mulah, boys!

Since I'm now rating Gamingmas vids.... 8/10: 2-point obligatory deduction for #spon.