Dan & Phil part 32...and what a thicc thread it was

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
taetaewl
glabella

I mean... can we all agree on that there is definitely a back story to this "honey in my bellybutton" thing? Cum is often called honey ;)

lol didn't mean to be on top of the page
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

That was really cute, and I'm happy they are donating money to charity. Still stanning the right people. :D
IckleMissMayhem wrote:So we're all agreed then... No-one watches D&PG for the games?
Oh yeah I definitely agree with this. :lol:
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

Pretttttty sure that's the only best fiends spon I have ever willingly watched, and damn if it wasn't adorable as heck. Couldn't care less about the game, but the fact that it raised some money for charity is really nice, and I'm sure they're aware of no one was gonna watch for the exciting sluggy action.

During the annoying-domestic-things question all I could think was "could they sound any more like a married couple?" (Probably not, tbh.)
papierklemmen
flower crown

taetaewl wrote:I mean... can we all agree on that there is definitely a back story to this "honey in my bellybutton" thing? Cum is often called honey ;)

that escalated quickly :o :lol: and here i was just thinking of food play, oh innocent me!

i wonder if some of the next videos will be full on spon. i remember they had a streaks of videos on their gaming channel somewhere last year and everyone was excited, but then they started mixing a ton of ad videos in between normal ones and everything became clear.
melon lord
morning quiff

taetaewl wrote:I mean... can we all agree on that there is definitely a back story to this "honey in my bellybutton" thing? Cum is often called honey ;)

and what a thicc top of the page post it was

Dan had stubble, Phil was so pink and adorable, they were fluffy and lovely, 10k going to charity yes boys be good, and embarrassing tweets and typos

My heart, I can't take it This gamingmas is killing me, #savemelonlord2k16

SquishPhan
capita£ester

SMH at Dan for thinking that Phil is blind with a measly -3.5. I’m -9.5, so compared to that Phil’s prescription is nowhere near blind.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Coming from literally anyone else I'd think yes that had to have a story behind it but for Phil, well his mind is just a weird and wonderful place. I genuinely think that when under pressure to think of something that's what his brain would come up with.
On that note I love Phil.
Philena wrote: I'm pretty sure that's an average spon amount for them
I do actually wonder if D&P get more generous spon offers than other youtubers with similar views/subs because the aim with spon is to sell and I do believe the phandom are probably so much more likely to buy what D&P are selling then the average youtubers fans are.
But then again the average company probably doesn't do research beyond the numbers.
papierklemmen
flower crown

pearshaped34 wrote:
Coming from literally anyone else I'd think yes that had to have a story behind it but for Phil, well his mind is just a weird and wonderful place. I genuinely think that when under pressure to think of something that's what his brain would come up with.
On that note I love Phil.
i agree, that totally sounds like something phil would just randomly come up with out of the blue :lol:
anathema
morning quiff

I loved the video!! I rolled my eyes when I saw it was Best Fiends but my friend told me it was for charity so I thought "that's excusable" and I watched it :lol: props to them for adding the quiz aspect to make it interesting because lord knows how boring it is to watch people play that game. Also, add me to the list of people who think there's probably an inside joke involved with the whole honey thing
papierklemmen wrote:
Wait so did D&P get paid plus best fiends donated 10k, and then D&P gave the money they got to the charity, or did best fiends just give the charity 10k instead of paying D&P? I'm confused :?
victorycafe wrote: I must admit it made me a tiny bit sad to hear all of the "friends" references; I think I'm just expecting too much too quickly after how much more open they seem to be lately.
Why would it make you sad? You can still be best friends with your s/o (really, you should be best friends with someone you're going to be romantically involved with, especially if it's end game). It reminds me of when they were playing the sims and when Dil flirted with Tabitha their "friendship" levels went down as the "romance" levels went up and then D&P were all "why can't you be best friends with the person you're dating?". I see no reason to be sad about all the friend "references" unless there's a "just" implied at the beginning (really, even if there was, would you have the right to be sad about that? Idk, that's a topic for another time) and I don't think there was.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

Is it really??
Well that's an interesting English lesson for me today.

Either way it was definitely more of a ... creative tweet than Dan's. :lol:
JoeAverage
sad dimple

I come back and there's LITERALLY three new threads, damn guys.

Anyway I need to catch up, but:

extensive phil mind palace

Wow, wow
Phil Lester is a genius
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I am in love with gaymas so much! Dapg is my favourite thing about deps so having (almost) daily videos this month will be amazing. I have loved the videos so far, I always enjoy their chemistry on this channel. It is a good time to be a fan right now plus Philip Lester is looking mighty fine right now. it feels like they've made a really good effort with their content recently, ever since the drought during the us tour they've had quite a good uploading schedule (or so it feels like).

Laughed so much at the ending of the latest video when Dan heard what Phil tweeted! His face was priceless. Think this one has been my favourite so far.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
psychicmoth
living flop

wow thanks for the info :lol: anyways, I don't know about you, but I think there is a back story. Those 6 seconds of Dan staring and judging Phil speak for themselves. I can almost hear him 'aRE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? SO MANY THINGS TO CHOOSE FROM AND YOU CHOOSE THAT ONE?!' meanwhile Phil was having the time of his life.

But I agree with pearshaped34 too, Phil's mind palace is a very unique place after all.

So what is the truth? We will never know, as always.
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

ohh loved the new gaming video though it was a spon (for a good cause) they have managed to make it enjoyable by giving it their own twist.
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Maya wrote: Those 6 seconds of Dan staring and judging Phil speak for themselves. I can almost hear him 'aRE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? SO MANY THINGS TO CHOOSE FROM AND YOU CHOOSE THAT ONE?!' meanwhile Phil was having the time of his life.
These 6 seconds are my favourite:

Phil is such a troll.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

That video was great
Did anyone notice the few sexual undertones. Like when Dan keeps making that gesture to signify having sex and creating hybrid babies. Or when he said to Phil 'getting that meaty leg out'. Or when Dan gave the option of breaking his pelvis and then stared down the camera. Like, I'm open to the possibility that they are just friends, but they're pretty casually sexual with each other if so.
papierklemmen
flower crown

spaceguitar wrote:That video was great
Did anyone notice the few sexual undertones. Like when Dan keeps making tat gesture to signify having sex and creating hybrid babies. Or when he said to Phil 'getting that meaty leg out'. Or when Dan gave the option of breaking his pelvis and then stared down the camera. Like, I'm open to the possibility that they are just friends, but they're pretty casually sexual with each other if so.
I guess it depends on the person, on the mentality/culture etc. but I & my friends constantly make sexual jokes/comments and say innuendos to each other "sexual with each other" would be something entirely different, like idk, if Dan started carressing Phil's inner thigh or something.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

papierklemmen wrote:
Did anyone notice the few sexual undertones. Like when Dan keeps making tat gesture to signify having sex and creating hybrid babies. Or when he said to Phil 'getting that meaty leg out'. Or when Dan gave the option of breaking his pelvis and then stared down the camera. Like, I'm open to the possibility that they are just friends, but they're pretty casually sexual with each other if so.
I guess it depends on the person, on the mentality/culture etc. but I & my friends constantly make sexual jokes/comments and say innuendos to each other "sexual with each other" would be something entirely different, like idk, if Dan started carressing Phil's inner thigh or something.
Probs just depends on the person, u right
melon lord
morning quiff

papierklemmen wrote:
Yeah same, sexual humour is part of the fun tbh :lol: I took the penis pelving as more of a nudge nudge wink at the audience rather than Phil, especially since he made that extremely attractive face

gnostic
stress mushroom

SquishPhan wrote:SMH at Dan for thinking that Phil is blind with a measly -3.5. I’m -9.5, so compared to that Phil’s prescription is nowhere near blind.
I know right, Phil can talk to me when he knows the struggle of ordering 11.5 contacts (I hope he won't)
Just here for the marketing skills
iero
phabergé

saw this on tumblr
if gamingmas doesn’t involve at least one board game i’m going to be very disappointed
please....i'd be so here for this
Winston
flower crown

Possibly the best top of page post I have seen yet.
actions speak louder than words
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I sat down to do timestamps for the yandere video and I'll be honest, it became pretty evident early on that my interest in the game extends about as far as commenting on their gameplay and the perspective from which they came at it.

After finishing deppy's version I watched Felix, Mark, and Jack all play and it was startling how different Dan and Phil were about it. The other three focused a lot on boobs, taking pictures of boobs, and mocking the whole relationship aspect of the game. I'm assuming the whole senpai designer aspect wasn't an option when the other three played it, but both of them (Phil especially) showed more interest in that than in any of the girls they encountered or the yandere.

I have no idea if that's just not where their interests were at, or if it was a concentrated effort not to give in to the objectification bait the game laid out but it really just makes me respect them a lot as people/influential youtubers either way.
Yandere Simulator:
:29 - dan inserts himself into fourway male ship
:35 - dan calls phil stylish (in cropped Attack on Titan jacket)
:56 - waited to play game bc weren't sure it was appropriate
1:09 - dan to phil: "sometimes you make innuendos that are more horrifying than any-" phil: "true"
1:34 - Phil warns for over 18 content.
1:40 - Dan explains "yandere"
1:49 - Phil: "Does it have to be a girl?" (asks if it could be a fox or a jellyfish)
1:53 - Dan: "You could be a yandere, Phil."
2:37 - Phil acts frustrated as he lightly tells off people who might be frustrated because they're not playing it right (since they haven't played it before)
2:46 - Phil says cherry blossoms remind him of Japan, he wants to go back. Dan says "Hopefully this- this- is not what Japan is gonna be like." was that a misspeak, are they planning a specific trip back? Or just Dan stumbling?
3:00 Phil leans in to stare at naked male "senpai" soap suds/his anatomy (which is obscured by a white cloud). "Are they soap suds, or is that his [pause] anatomy?"
3:07 - Phil: "Lets try not to make it look like me, okay."
3:16 - Yuri on Mention from Dan.
3:26 - Yuri on Ice mention #2 from Dan, explains what Yuri on Ice is.
3:48 - Lowkey camp Phil looking genuinely excited exclaiming, "I love Japanese school uniforms! I wish we could wear these when we were going to school."
4:01 - Dan talking about Glee, no stop.
4:20 - A minute picking out the guy's outfit, then Phil's only comment on the girl's outfit: "Female uniform. Shall they match?"
5:20 - From Dan: "Yeah, you stalk that senpai, that's what life is all about."
6:40 - Sassy Dan finger snap.
7:36 - Phil never got invited to kiss anyone behind the tree on the hill at his school. (Language stays gender neutral.)
7:41 - Strong, direct disapproval from both of them at the idea of taking panty shots and blackmailing people with them.
8:51 - "I knew you were going to go for the black." Phil re: Dan's panty choice.
9:00 - Dan asks how sumo wrestlers "keep it in" and Phil responds "I don't know, where does it all go?" - dicks, right? They're talking about dicks? They made a moment in the game meant to be about a teenage girl's underwear into something about dicks.
9:12 - Phil looks very excited over the senpai shrine.
9:15 - Phil: "It's like my BtVS shrine."
9:33 - Dan makes blowjob like gesture, Phil says nothing. (Might not have noticed/registered.)
9:37 - Phil: "On the gums, of all the things you could have said?"
9:42 - Dan makes oral sex (as if with a woman) like gesture, firm "Stop it. Stop." from Phil.
11:10 - senpai sipping a mocha latte, both Dan and Phil seem fond.
14:07 - Phil affronted that the character is not wearing the black pants they chose.
16:08 - Phil excitedly, "What about the boys?" then adding "Hey lads." in a more laddish voice after a beat.
22:00 - They're both getting steamy. (Phil says that in such a casual non-game-face voice.)
kuensukki
janice from the shop

alittledizzy wrote:I sat down to do timestamps for the yandere video and I'll be honest, it became pretty evident early on that my interest in the game extends about as far as commenting on their gameplay and the perspective from which they came at it.

After finishing deppy's version I watched Felix, Mark, and Jack all play and it was startling how different Dan and Phil were about it. The other three focused a lot on boobs, taking pictures of boobs, and mocking the whole relationship aspect of the game. I'm assuming the whole senpai designer aspect wasn't an option when the other three played it, but both of them (Phil especially) showed more interest in that than in any of the girls they encountered or the yandere.

I have no idea if that's just not where their interests were at, or if it was a concentrated effort not to give in to the objectification bait the game laid out but it really just makes me respect them a lot as people/influential youtubers either way.
Yandere Simulator:
:29 - dan inserts himself into fourway male ship
:35 - dan calls phil stylish (in cropped Attack on Titan jacket)
:56 - waited to play game bc weren't sure it was appropriate
1:09 - dan to phil: "sometimes you make innuendos that are more horrifying than any-" phil: "true"
1:34 - Phil warns for over 18 content.
1:40 - Dan explains "yandere"
1:49 - Phil: "Does it have to be a girl?" (asks if it could be a fox or a jellyfish)
1:53 - Dan: "You could be a yandere, Phil."
2:37 - Phil acts frustrated as he lightly tells off people who might be frustrated because they're not playing it right (since they haven't played it before)
2:46 - Phil says cherry blossoms remind him of Japan, he wants to go back. Dan says "Hopefully this- this- is not what Japan is gonna be like." was that a misspeak, are they planning a specific trip back? Or just Dan stumbling?
3:00 Phil leans in to stare at naked male "senpai" soap suds/his anatomy (which is obscured by a white cloud). "Are they soap suds, or is that his [pause] anatomy?"
3:07 - Phil: "Lets try not to make it look like me, okay."
3:16 - Yuri on Mention from Dan.
3:26 - Yuri on Ice mention #2 from Dan, explains what Yuri on Ice is.
3:48 - Lowkey camp Phil looking genuinely excited exclaiming, "I love Japanese school uniforms! I wish we could wear these when we were going to school."
4:01 - Dan talking about Glee, no stop.
4:20 - A minute picking out the guy's outfit, then Phil's only comment on the girl's outfit: "Female uniform. Shall they match?"
5:20 - From Dan: "Yeah, you stalk that senpai, that's what life is all about."
6:40 - Sassy Dan finger snap.
7:36 - Phil never got invited to kiss anyone behind the tree on the hill at his school. (Language stays gender neutral.)
7:41 - Strong, direct disapproval from both of them at the idea of taking panty shots and blackmailing people with them.
8:51 - "I knew you were going to go for the black." Phil re: Dan's panty choice.
9:00 - Dan asks how sumo wrestlers "keep it in" and Phil responds "I don't know, where does it all go?" - dicks, right? They're talking about dicks? They made a moment in the game meant to be about a teenage girl's underwear into something about dicks.
9:12 - Phil looks very excited over the senpai shrine.
9:15 - Phil: "It's like my BtVS shrine."
9:33 - Dan makes blowjob like gesture, Phil says nothing. (Might not have noticed/registered.)
9:37 - Phil: "On the gums, of all the things you could have said?"
9:42 - Dan makes oral sex (as if with a woman) like gesture, firm "Stop it. Stop." from Phil.
11:10 - senpai sipping a mocha latte, both Dan and Phil seem fond.
14:07 - Phil affronted that the character is not wearing the black pants they chose.
16:08 - Phil excitedly, "What about the boys?" then adding "Hey lads." in a more laddish voice after a beat.
22:00 - They're both getting steamy. (Phil says that in such a casual non-game-face voice.)
Totally agree on respecting them for not sexualizing the girl in the video. They do have a different audience which consists mostly of young females, (which isnt consistent with pewds lewd "bro army") but I've noticed its rare that they do it all. They were very neutral about everything.

Also for noticing campy phil. I thought I was the only one that noticed him being so excited about talking to the boys.

Todays video was cute but I answered all the questions so does that mean I'm a better friend than either of them?? I cant wait till we get some really specific unknown details in a gaming quiz that really test how well they know each other.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Yeah I think i forgot to mention that a lot of my pleasure from the Yandere Simulator was how campy they were both acting lol.