Dan & Phil part 32...and what a thicc thread it was

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

One of my favourite Dil videos so far. It was so funny and relaxed.

They looked so happy having a baby and house decorating always makes a good episode.

This new Phil is just amazing. He is just making me Phil trash atm

Gamingmas might have been the best thing to happen to DAPG. I am loving it so far and long may it continue. Excited for undertale tomorrow too.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

That was basically 20 minutes of adorableness. Even though I've always liked their Sims videos, it seems like Phil is taking a more active role lately, or Dan's not just talking over him as much or something? I'd have to go back and rewatch some old ones maybe to figure out what I mean. Phil just seems very giggly and energetic and it's so great.

Rambly thoughts:
-Dan insisting that the baby's conception need to have some kind of special story behind it was funny. For myself that's not something I'd really wanna know, but maybe that kind of storytime is something he's had to heard? :lol:
-Fun drinking game: Take a drink every time they say fertile or fertility.
-More of Phil teasing Dan about his clumsy moments, please.
-"What is the most romantic thing you can snack on before you do it?" (Something with honey, maybe?)
-Fish tacos, apparently.
-They are sooo into the building and decorating, it's really cute, especially Dan cooing over kid's wallpapers and teddy bears, and Phil firmly shooting down some of Dan's decorating choices.
-"Should we get rid of that now, I'm a bit sick of that." "Nooooo, Phil, I wanna look around our house and just feel emotional about all the sweet mems."
-Unicorn dream shower and synchronized covering-mouth-with-hands
-Discussing Tabitha's boobs without wanting to be weird. :lol:
I'm realllly looking forward to them trying to juggle Dil and Tab AND the new baby (or babies, if they end up with multiples!)
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Twins would be funny, they might be able to handle it. Triplets have made me abandon save files before. I'm sad sims 4 doesn't have pets yet :(

This is starting to feel like the other gaming channels I watch with content every day, I'm going to be sad when they go back to normal. At least these videos will always be here to watch again on sad days.
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

fleur-de-lis wrote:Soo.. apparently if you use the fertility massage option, you'll most likely end up with twins or triplets?? I saw that on Twitter and googled it, and it seems to happen to quite a few people..
It would be great if that happened, because I just can't see coping with that well. :lol:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:Christian things... like... go to church.... *tumbleweed*

Yeah. OK. :lol:

Dan definitely nesting. Another comment about storage #MovingSoon and the fastest, most sensitive pregnancy test the world has ever seen.

Anyone like to guess the family occasion Phil's the result of?
Agreed on Dan nesting, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were to move some time soon.
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

iggy wrote: 9:32 "well you know what we're gonna be doin when we get in the bedroom" ….i'm sorry but what. also i really expected phil to react in some way, like laugh and say "haha that sounded wrong" and then have dan hold up his hands and go "wooooahHH!!"
I had to pause the video for like a full minute like ??!1? , I was so surprised that they didn't notice

-I think there are some websites where you can check to see when someone was conceived, if anyone has patience for finding out what could have been happening during that time idk ;)
sentinel
lady door

flarequake wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:Christian things... like... go to church.... *tumbleweed*

Yeah. OK. :lol:

Dan definitely nesting. Another comment about storage #MovingSoon and the fastest, most sensitive pregnancy test the world has ever seen.

Anyone like to guess the family occasion Phil's the result of?
I wondered what his parents could have done at the end of April the previous year that's so special, but It's funny when he says mysterious random things like that and leaves them hanging.

Also Dan nesting, yes.
Good dadding on the wait and see what the baby's into before buying things for it to develop its interests and skills. Astronomy or pole-dancing, though, interesting choices ;)

I love the kinda-gothy forest bedroom and the new mirror-butt, by Dan no less, in the fresh excitement of having a shower again.

Phil whispering about plushie spon and suggesting trying for a baby, and being so fertile from touching a giant wooden penis that he got pregnant... cute (I don't know enough about fic in the phandom to know if mpreg is much of a thing yet, but that might have encouraged it).

Phil in that grey space tshirt too, it fits well, he looks extra cuddly in tighter tshirts that show off how slim he is. So naughty bringing up the spa incident from Dapgoose again (heck, it was him bringing it up that made Dan have to tell the story in the first place). Don't you just love how he gets away with stealing cereal and sweets for five years, can tweet about honey and bring up things Dan's embarrassed about, but complaints about dabbing in one video and he stops in case people unsubscribe. Clearly Dan doesn't mind (or maybe puts his foot down off-camera).

Starting the video with "Dan and Phil games twinkles" had me thinking of something else entirely, though the twinkly setting on the lights, and Phil's excitement for it, is adorable. When I was little my dad used to say "when you were a twinkle in my eye" about the time before I was born. I don't suppose Phil's actually heard that expression, but it fit well.

If they end up with twins from using the fertility massage that will be very funny seeing them handle two sims babies. I haven't played Sims 4 enough yet, but in Sims 2 just keeping a sim alive through her pregnancy was a challenge when she got so hungry, but also exhausted and kept passing out before you could get her to eat. I lost a few that way (yay exit without saving), and then running around feeding the baby and getting enough sleep between crying is also fun. Good luck, boys.

Also loving the cheeky subtitles on their ending subscribe bubbles. I love the phandom calling Dan "Danny Fire" so it's funny he picked up on it.

There was so much cuteness in this, might have to do some timestamps to note them down.
May be his parents have their anniversary or something. Also my mom firmly believes women usually get pregnant easier in a certain season so may be Kath's season is late winter/early spring considering when Phil and Martyn must have been conceived lol
papierklemmen
flower crown

i tried tracking back what kind of a special occasion my day of conceiving was, but i don't think it was anytning... considering both my parents were 38 at the time and had a 11 y/o son i think its safe to say they were just horny and careless

i really hope they scheduled the return of Undertale for tomorrow, because i can't wait! im embarrassed to say i avoided their undertale videos for a long time but then i got hooked and now can't wait for their letsplay :(
MoonPride
moon room

Only person here not looking forward to tomorrows Undertale video. But for the bants I'll watch it lol.
anathema
morning quiff

I thought the video was really cute! I feel like the sims videos tend to be sort of hit-or-miss but luckily this one was really nice At one point Dan said "I want to live in this [house]!" which kinda surprised me. I don't want to overanalyze it and I don't think it necessarily "means" anything (and I know Dan's main reason for saying that was because it's a lot bigger than their flat), but I was totally expecting a "I mean, not because it has a baby room" comment and I'm glad that didn't come.

I'm hoping there's undertale tomorrow just because that'll mean they're one step closer to being done with it :lol:
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
papierklemmen
flower crown

MoonPride wrote:Only person here not looking forward to tomorrows Undertale video. But for the bants I'll watch it lol.
I think people who don't like Undertale should at least be excited for the opportunity to analyze their reaction to the specific homoerotic storyline they are about to narrate (which I'm slightly apprehensive they might cut out since it deals with male characters being in the closet).

But as someone who avoided their Undertale videos for almost a year I can relate :lol:
malday
emo goose

papierklemmen wrote:
MoonPride wrote:Only person here not looking forward to tomorrows Undertale video. But for the bants I'll watch it lol.
I think people who don't like Undertale should at least be excited for the opportunity to analyze their reaction to the specific homoerotic storyline they are about to narrate (which I'm slightly apprehensive they might cut out since it deals with male characters being in the closet).
If they cut that part out it will cause even more of a shitstorm.

So far i can only remember two episodes where they cut out battles, one of which i think was an editing mistake.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Afunnyworld wrote:

-I think there are some websites where you can check to see when someone was conceived, if anyone has patience for finding out what could have been happening during that time idk ;)
I didn't need this knowledge in my life *traumatized*.

I also noticed the bedroom reference and how casually it was dropped and Dan's face when he looked at Phil. Boyz - what ye doing, keeping me up all night wondering - Let a bitch sleep.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

lishachi
eclipse shirt

malday wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:

So far i can only remember two episodes where they cut out battles, one of which i think was an editing mistake.
this is true, the way i've seen other people react to it like jacksepticeye for example, he thought it was adorable and cute (i agree, the dialogue - it's very sweet) but with their history and stuff, eh, who knows what they'll do, but i think if they did cut it it would indeed cause a shitstorm :lol: i mean i guess it'll be difficult, they will have to voice both of the characters, it'll sound like they're talking to each other and saying things like that to each other, it may make things awkward (or not) man, i hope it doesn't make things awkward :? now i'm nervous lol.
:biflag: :blackheart:
000dia000
emo goose

fleur-de-lis wrote:
sentinel wrote:
MoonPride wrote:Also did anyone mention the fact they it looks like they have their fingerprints saved on each others phone? That is trust there.
I noticed that too! At around 12.50 you can clearly see Phil pick up Dan's phone and hold his finger to the button to unlock it. None of my friends who are in serious relationships/are married have that kind of trust but how cute is that tho
I don't think it's THAT weird, I mean i have at least three friends who know my passcode and who can unlock my phone with that, and I have the passcodes of several friends, one has my fingerprint saved on her phone. I don't see why you wouldn't trust good friends or your partner with that.
Okay. I really need to end this discussion once and for all. I don't think comparing their relationship to any other relationship has ever helped. To get an idea of what Dan (just Dan, however) feels about letting someone else use his device, here's a whole video about it, in fact:
So PLEASE can we just acknowledge that they have some degree of trust, and in Dan's case, this trust is very specifically with Phil.
:cactus:
papierklemmen
flower crown

lishachi wrote:
malday wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:

this is true, the way i've seen other people react to it like jacksepticeye for example, he thought it was adorable and cute (i agree, the dialogue - it's very sweet) but with their history and stuff, eh, who knows what they'll do, but i think if they did cut it it would indeed cause a shitstorm :lol: i mean i guess it'll be difficult, they will have to voice both of the characters, it'll sound like they're talking to each other and saying things like that to each other, it may make things awkward (or not) man, i hope it doesn't make things awkward :? now i'm nervous lol.
i actually think phil might voice both of them but we'll see. here's hoping its going to be HELLA awkward, because the more awkward it is the more pages of discussions we might get here :lol: and i'm not even of the people who think they're together, i just like conspiracy theories. knowing them though, they didn't have any problem with causing #busgate, so maybe cutting something like this wouldnt seem like a big deal to them.
also i don't really track their progression , it might not be even a part of the next video (how far along are they in the game?)
Last edited by papierklemmen on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mio
#relatable

9:45 - "What is the most romantic thing you can snack on before you do it? Spooky cookies?"

I was sure there would be an option that prompted that but I went back and checked and it doesnt say cookies or spooky anywhere. So like... is this the biggest trolling Dan's ever done or am I missing something..?? What the hell?? :shock:
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
lishachi
eclipse shirt

papierklemmen wrote:
lishachi wrote:
malday wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:

i actually think phil might voice both of them but we'll see. here's hoping its going to be HELLA awkward, because the more awkward it is the more pages of discussions we might get here :lol: and i'm not even of the people who think they're together, i just like conspiracy theories. knowing them though, they didn't have any problem with causing #busgate, so maybe cutting something like this wouldnt seem like a big deal to them.
also i don't really track their progression , it might not be even a part of the next video (how far along are they in the game?)

haha yeah that's true, there will be discussion alright ;)
they are a little bit more than halfway, they are in hotland now so things get harder from here with battles etc, storyline progresses a smidge but nothing massive yet, that's probably in a couple episodes time, guards will more than likely be in the next episode unless they try and skip it which i'm 99% sure you can't do because you need to get past them if i remember correctly.
:biflag: :blackheart:
malday
emo goose

papierklemmen wrote:
lishachi wrote:
malday wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:

It's literally the first battle from where they ended on the last episode.

edit: oops lishachi already answered.
melon lord
morning quiff

mio wrote:9:45 - "What is the most romantic thing you can snack on before you do it? Spooky cookies?"

I was sure there would be an option that prompted that but I went back and checked and it doesnt say cookies or spooky anywhere. So like... is this the biggest trolling Dan's ever done or am I missing something..?? What the hell?? :shock:
Spooky Cookies is something you can get in the Spooky Stuff expansion pack, but the name is actually really cute :lol:

I'm guessing they have the halloween/spooky expansion pack and that's where he thought of it because it's very specific/particular thing to comment on

am I the only one who thinks fish tacos sounds gross?

lilMango
morning quiff

melon lord wrote:
mio wrote:9:45 - "What is the most romantic thing you can snack on before you do it? Spooky cookies?"

Spooky Cookies is something you can get in the Spooky Stuff expansion pack, but the name is actually really cute :lol:

I'm guessing they have the halloween/spooky expansion pack and that's where he thought of it because it's very specific/particular thing to comment on

am I the only one who thinks fish tacos sounds gross?
I wonder why Dan said this, though... There were no 'spooky cookies' anywhere on the screen at any point... Have they discussed spooky cookies in any past sims episode? I'm so confused as to where this thought came from...
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
melon lord
morning quiff

lilMango wrote:
I wonder why Dan said this, though... There were no 'spooky cookies' anywhere on the screen at any point... Have they discussed spooky cookies in any past sims episode? I'm so confused as to where this thought came from...

My completely baseless and innocent assumption is that they have the expansion pack and maybe had planned a Halloween themed episode during spooky week and didn't bother actually releasing it

Now if you guys wanna theorise more then go absolutely wild :lol: I'm out of ideas for this one

mio
#relatable

melon lord wrote:
lilMango wrote:

My completely baseless and innocent assumption is that they have the expansion pack and maybe had planned a Halloween themed episode during spooky week and didn't bother actually releasing it

Now if you guys wanna theorise more then go absolutely wild :lol: I'm out of ideas for this one
But.. I mean...
Wouldnt he be aware that they have a couple of videos where they literally bake spooky things together? And that we'd make that connection? It's such a specific thing to say
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

I love this new Phil! I enjoyed the sims video, but not quite as much as I enjoyed the last few we've had. Not sure why, they've all been good.

(I vote the honey being a reference to something ;) )

I noticed that too, and also when they're choosing the music Dan suggests spooky music. why does spooky = romantic?

for them waiting to see what their child is actually like instead of pushing their own expectations (although this is the sims so they'll have to choose the child's traits).

Phil was lOOking at those abs.

Sometimes I forget how HUGE Dan's hands are, and then things like 4:41 happen.

Weighing as a sims nerd to say:
- This video was pre-filmed, some time between the 4th October and the 4th November. At 5:30 you can see two of the sims are available to travel with are wearing skull makeup, which means they are part of the Day of the Dead Challenge
- 17:15 do they really not know how to use the moveobjects cheat? *sigh*
If you get the cheat window up by pressing ctrl+shift+C and then type "bb.moveobjects on" the game will yet you put almost any object (it doesn't work with things like microwaves which can only be placed on specific surfaces) anywhere in the game. You can put objects so that they overlap or are inside each other, or are blocking or almost blocking doors/staircases/other objects.
- They need to put the bassinet in Dil and Tabbitha's bedroom so that when the baby needs feeding in the night the crying will wake them up and they can feed it. Game time doesn't stop going super-speed if only the baby is awake, and the baby's mood will go dark blue (for sad, instead of red/orange for uncomfortable which would have made way more sense) when it needs feeding or changing, which is similar enough to the asleep colour that it's very easy to miss and let your baby get so hungry that simshalservices threaten to take them away. (when they're in danger of dieing of hunger they stop crying and go back to sleep and don't wake up to cry again.)
lilMango
morning quiff

BisexualShoeMarriage wrote: Weighing as a sims nerd to say:
- This video was pre-filmed, some time between the 4th October and the 4th November. At 5:30 you can see two of the sims are available to travel with are wearing skull makeup, which means they are part of the Day of the Dead Challenge
Interesting. Wouldn't this mean that all of the other videos were pre-filmed, though? With the x-mas deco? And that's not possible, because the Best Fiends video had to have been filmed on the day when their strange tweets came out... So... a glitch in the game, maybe?
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
anathema
morning quiff

lilMango wrote:
BisexualShoeMarriage wrote: Weighing as a sims nerd to say:
Interesting. Wouldn't this mean that all of the other videos were pre-filmed, though? With the x-mas deco? And that's not possible, because the Best Fiends video had to have been filmed on the day when their strange tweets came out... So... a glitch in the game, maybe?
Couldn't they have put up the decorations a month ago and just kept them up? As long as they filmed the impossible quiz video about two weeks in advance that would make the most sense.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."