Dan & Phil part 32...and what a thicc thread it was

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
MoonPride
moon room

Those gifs of Dan touching Phil gave me the warm fuzzies inside in my belly. Please can they forever continue to be happy together.

Also I want to thank Phil for tweeting my Daughter after she posted a photo of her perm (afro). She hates her hair and never likes posting photos of it out and to see that Phil responded to it made her so happy and not hate her hair as much.

Anyway back in the trash I go.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

A bit late but I really love these photos

Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

So behind on IDB. :wahh: Gamingmas will be the end of me. also love the new theme and emojis

Late thoughts!:

Youtube Rewind: I don't think it was as good as last year. There wasn't a plot and nothing really stuck out. I liked the parts ofc. I liked how they were in it more than last year. I didn't get that they were meant to be the boys from stranger things either.
I wasn't ready for the Hodor reference. Brought back all the sadness.

Bishi Bashi:
Yes I was so happy. I loved the old episodes. I felt it was a bit short. We have been having 20+ minute episodes this gamingmas so to have a 10 minute episode it felt short.
I wanted more.
sweetmm wrote:A bit late but I really love these photos

Yes boys. Looking good. I think these outfits really suit them.
Youtube have done good with all the promo shots this year
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
iero
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

I'm in my English literature class and my tutor just asked if we 'know danisnotonfire' while we were on the topic of existentialism lmao
papierklemmen
flower crown

iero wrote:I'm in my English literature class and my tutor just asked if we 'know danisnotonfire' while we were on the topic of existentialism lmao
your tutor is a dangirl? :lol:
iero
phabergé

papierklemmen wrote:
iero wrote:I'm in my English literature class and my tutor just asked if we 'know danisnotonfire' while we were on the topic of existentialism lmao
your tutor is a dangirl? :lol:
I've no idea lol, but I'm assuming that another student has brought him up before
MoonPride
moon room

Do you think all these cute moments we have been seeing is their way of saying 'we are together and we know you know but we don't need to actually say it out loud'
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Those photos of them from Rewind are lovely, also the video itself. It's funny seeing them in different styles of trainers from usual and Dan in a flannel shirt (Phil said on Twitter they let him keep the jacket, it was spotted in his wardrobe in the sleepless night video and people were curious what the collar was made of). Also both of them on bikes and cosplaying/acting as 12 year-olds, do they ever do anything that isn't cute :thumb:

I recognised a handful of other people in it, though I didn't get most of the references. It was a good video, they do a good montage.

Bishi Bashi was fun, I couldn't believe what a troll Dan was at the beginning put Phil off like that. Phil's been so cheeky lately, I was thinking he's worse, but they're as bas as each other. Good on Phil actually keeping in trying his driving test until he passed, even if he doesn't use it now.
papierklemmen
flower crown

MoonPride wrote:Do you think all these cute moments we have been seeing is their way of saying 'we are together and we know you know but we don't need to actually say it out loud'
Not really... I personally think they just stopped being paranoid that every sign of their closeness will be perceived as concrete #phanproof.
Laney
drama llama

papierklemmen wrote:
MoonPride wrote:Do you think all these cute moments we have been seeing is their way of saying 'we are together and we know you know but we don't need to actually say it out loud'
Not really... I personally think they just stopped being paranoid that every sign of their closeness will be perceived as concrete #phanproof.
The way I see it, all these cute and genuine moments are just signs of them becoming more comfortable and confident with being themselves. I don't think their purpose in acting this way is to "out" their relationship, but simply to be happier, and if along the way their relationship is "proved" in our eyes because of the way they are acting, they won't really mind anymore.
(<I had to include this somewhere, it's too cute :D )
corn flakes
moon room

Off topic maybe: I continue to hear how deppy should buy a house, I know by now they have a solid backgroung (meaning money and a shop) but are banks in the uk more easygoing? Where I live if you don't have a contract for life or some sort of gurantee ( a property or someone willing to pay if you can't) it's really difficult. Then I also hear that lots of youtubers buy a house so
Laney wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
The way I see it, all these cute and genuine moments are just signs of them becoming more comfortable and confident with being themselves. I don't think their purpose in acting this way is to "out" their relationship, but simply to be happier, and if along the way their relationship is "proved" in our eyes because of the way they are acting, they won't really mind anymore.
(<I had to include this somewhere, it's too cute :D )
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
bluebox-away
woodland creature

As much as I am loving the new content and gamingmas and everything, I am seriously struggling to keep up with all the content and all the posts on here.. It's almost enough to make me forget the ridiculous drought over the summer :lol:

The Rewind video wasn't as good as 2014, but I enjoyed D&P's bit as well as Lily Singh's glorious Beyonce entrance and all the gaming videos have been good, but it's all blurring into one so I can't think of many specifics at the moment.

Now based on Phil's liveshow change tweet, he (they?)'ll be attending a wedding this weekend, I wonder if we'll get to see any of it? Looking forward to a ls tonight for him to talk about everything that's been going on with Rewind, that Disney tv show etc

Also, re them buying a house, if you're a normal 20-something it is hella hard to get a mortgage, but between the shop and their youtube channels they have a substantial regular income so I think they'll be fine. They definitely can afford a deposit on a big house, and that's usually what people struggle with from what I know
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
papierklemmen
flower crown

bluebox-away wrote: Now based on Phil's liveshow change tweet, he (they?)'ll be attending a wedding this weekend, I wonder if we'll get to see any of it? Looking forward to a ls tonight for him to talk about everything that's been going on with Rewind, that Disney tv show etc
unless it's a youtuber's wedding and someone else is vlogging (which they don't), why would we see any of it? :lol: phil might talk about it if something interesting or embarrassing happens on the way or during it though.
MoonPride
moon room

bluebox-away wrote:
Also, re them buying a house, if you're a normal 20-something it is hella hard to get a mortgage, but between the shop and their youtube channels they have a substantial regular income so I think they'll be fine. They definitely can afford a deposit on a big house, and that's usually what people struggle with from what I know
Also getting a joint mortgage with a 'friend' is not really that known of here. I don't know anyone who has bought a house with their friend, unless they are buying one to do up and sell it on etc.

I think for me that would be all the confirmation I needed on their romantic involvement, buying a house is a life time commitment.
papierklemmen
flower crown

MoonPride wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:
Also getting a joint mortgage with a 'friend' is not really that known of here. I don't know anyone who has bought a house with their friend, unless they are buying one to do up and sell it on etc.

I think for me that would be all the confirmation I needed on their romantic involvement, buying a house is a life time commitment.
wait, did i miss something, did they confirm they're moving/buying a house? :? i don't think anything is gonna happen any time soon
MoonPride
moon room

No it's just us speculating.
majitzu
angel bean

MoonPride wrote:
Also I want to thank Phil for tweeting my Daughter after she posted a photo of her perm (afro). She hates her hair and never likes posting photos of it out and to see that Phil responded to it made her so happy and not hate her hair as much.

That is your daughter? She is very cute, also she has been noticed a lot, I'm kind of jealous
MoonPride
moon room

majitzu wrote:
MoonPride wrote:

That is your daughter? She is very cute, also she has been noticed a lot, I'm kind of jealous
Yeah that is my Daughter :-) she has had 1 tweet from Dan and 1 from Phil. She wishes she was noticed more lol. She gets mad about Phil liking two of my own tweets. She accuses me of trying to steal away her man
anathema
morning quiff

papierklemmen wrote:
I just think that the way they've been acting is just how they act, regardless of what the nature of their relationship status is. I feel like you can't say this is "proof" of them being together because nothing they do is explicitly "coupley". Everything they do proves they're close to each other, but it doesn't prove they're dating necessarily. I think that if they want to 'come-out-by-making-it-clear-we're-dating-but-not-making-a-big-deal-out-of-it' (which I do think they would do if they were together) they would do something that when you see it you're like "oh, they're dating, if they were just friends they wouldn't do this". I.E. going out to dinner and one of them calling it a date, posting a photo of them cuddling (which lbr would never happen), kissing in the middle of a video and leaving it in, etc.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
sweetmm
angel bean

MoonPride wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:

Pretty normal for any 2 individuals to buy property together, one classic example of 2 youtubers were charlieiscoollike and nerimon back in the days.
papierklemmen
flower crown

sweetmm wrote: Pretty normal for any 2 individuals to buy property together, one classic example of 2 youtubers were charlieiscoollike and nerimon back in the days.
i think joe and casper also used to own their shared flat.
anathema wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
I just think that the way they've been acting is just how they act, regardless of what the nature of their relationship status is. I feel like you can't say this is "proof" of them being together because nothing they do is explicitly "coupley". Everything they do proves they're close to each other, but it doesn't prove they're dating necessarily. I think that if they want to 'come-out-by-making-it-clear-we're-dating-but-not-making-a-big-deal-out-of-it' (which I do think they would do if they were together) they would do something that when you see it you're like "oh, they're dating, if they were just friends they wouldn't do this". I.E. going out to dinner and one of them calling it a date, posting a photo of them cuddling (which lbr would never happen), kissing in the middle of a video and leaving it in, etc.
well yeah, i know. :thumb: but i think they have had a habit of altering their behavior or hiding details of their lives which are absolutely harmless and justfriend-ly (like, dan talking on the phone with phil in india... there's nothing coupley about it, and yet he tried to shush it) precisely because fans would instantly go "OMG!!!! THEY ARE SO MARRIED!!!" so i think they had a little bit of paranoia about it. i think they finally stopped giving a f, or at least i hope so, and are finally acting as themselves.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Bishi Bashi 2.0 timestamps - continuing the dual themes of we no longer give a fuck and also stupid happy and in love. fite me.

:08 - Phil says the background has held up quite well 'overnight' - I wonder if that means they filmed most of the other videos all in one day?
:37 - Dan's little 'Phil has to go down the stairs' song is so cute.
:57 - Dan's unashamed 'Lets bishi bashi with two' and wink and Phil's corresponding, "Yeaaaaah.'
1:35 - I love Phil's standard dance moves.
2:06 - Synchronized bamming.
2:17 - "You said you'd-" from Phil, so I wonder what it was Dan had said he'd do. Not distract Phil? Not try and cheat?
2:24 - Dan's high, troll voice.
2:32 - Phil trying to bite Dan's finger.
2:39 - Priss face from Dan while Phil talks about mailing him to Australia.
2:46 - Is that a quiet 'fuck off' from Dan? lmao
3:01 - Seeing Dan not quite get something right away is strangely gratifying - but it was also nice to see Dan not understand something and also not seem immediately anxious about it (see: speech jammer when they turn difficulty up). He is comfortable losing to Phil in this game.
4:30 - And Phil gets frustrated losing but almost immediately laughs it off, also nice.
4:57 - "Super dribbler" - Phil says "That's like every time I laugh" and Dan says "That's like you" at the same time.
5:50 - "Us." "We're different."
6:28 - lmao @ Phil's 'too many girls.'
6:50 - Dan saying Phil would "look so good" with a perm.
7:01 - "Is this like some gay nightclub in the 90s?"
7:50 - I don't entirely understand this game but their adorable synchronated noises and similar style of trying to focus is... adorable.
8:25 - "What is this?" Lean in moment.
9:24 - Did Dan already know Phil had four tests? Was that genuine surprise?
9:39 - But Phil definitely knew about Dan's instructor that fell asleep.
glertiespy
tol bean

DAPGOOSE LA is up if anyone is interested
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

glertiespy wrote:
DAPGOOSE LA is up if anyone is interested
Nice!! Thanks for posting it!
sweetmm
angel bean

papierklemmen wrote:
sweetmm wrote: Pretty normal for any 2 individuals to buy property together, one classic example of 2 youtubers were charlieiscoollike and nerimon back in the days.
i think joe and casper also used to own their shared flat.
They rented not bought it, just like Caspar & Alfie used to rent together.