Dan & Phil part 32...and what a thicc thread it was

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
uglyamerican
woodland creature

OK, OT: I just managed to double spider web my iPhone 7 screen, that will be $129 please (actually turned out to be $29 bc AppleCare+ was included when I purchased it, TG.)

So on to #jumpergate. First, I see the colors that are advertised. Maybe they fixed the issue? Second, I find it interesting that Dan is wearing a size M since he's not a small guy. But the store's item description says that he is 6-2, and I still contend that the store would generate unnecessary returns if they misstated sizing info, so I say Dan is probably a bit over 6-2. I'm surprised though because I would think the sleeve length on a medium would be a bit short for a tall person, but it doesn't appear that way in the site photo.
peekatyou
drama llama

Not apologizing for commenting on the latest gaming video, 'cause it's still relevant, is it not? :) I enjoyed it, now I know who Enrico Caruso is and can flip my hair and roll my eyes at anyone who's not cultured enough to know that lol. Not only Dan and Phil are entertaining, but they're also educating, aren't they? Seriously though, I've learned so many things just watching their videos. Anyway, my favorite part was Dan going 'give me the controller for a second Phil, I just wanna explore the options...' - that was soo good, and that expression on his face afterwards was priceless.
Also: 20:20 'I think we got very lucky with the questions' - what, I thought you didn't believe in luck - remember those bloopers from 'the interview with danisnotonfire' by Caspar? Just thought it was interesting - Dan bringing up luck; now I want to hear his updated views on the matter.
The only thing about the video that I didn't like was Dan being out of focus. Or is it just my weird vision that goes blurry anytime I try to give him a proper look. Don't know.
melon lord
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

peekatyou wrote:Not apologizing for commenting on the latest gaming video, 'cause it's still relevant, is it not? :) I enjoyed it, now I know who Enrico Caruso is and can flip my hair and roll my eyes at anyone who's not cultured enough to know that lol. Not only Dan and Phil are entertaining, but they're also educating, aren't they? Seriously though, I've learned so many things just watching their videos. Anyway, my favorite part was Dan going 'give me the controller for a second Phil, I just wanna explore the options...' - that was soo good, and that expression on his face afterwards was priceless.
Also: 20:20 'I think we got very lucky with the questions' - what, I thought you didn't believe in luck - remember those bloopers from 'the interview with danisnotonfire' by Caspar? Just thought it was interesting - Dan bringing up luck; now I want to hear his updated views on the matter.
The only thing about the video that I didn't like was Dan being out of focus. Or is it just my weird vision that goes blurry anytime I try to give him a proper look. Don't know.
Not to rain on your luck parade but "getting lucky" and believing in luck as an actual metaphysical force that can be manipulated through objects and prayer are different. I do believe people perceive "getting lucky" meaning "whoah that was fortunate, against the odds" whereas believing in luck is wearing your lucky underwear on your job interview or praying before a sport game because you feel it will genuinely help.

isabella
butt chair

melon lord wrote:
peekatyou wrote:Not apologizing for commenting on the latest gaming video, 'cause it's still relevant, is it not? :) I enjoyed it, now I know who Enrico Caruso is and can flip my hair and roll my eyes at anyone who's not cultured enough to know that lol. Not only Dan and Phil are entertaining, but they're also educating, aren't they? Seriously though, I've learned so many things just watching their videos. Anyway, my favorite part was Dan going 'give me the controller for a second Phil, I just wanna explore the options...' - that was soo good, and that expression on his face afterwards was priceless.
Not to rain on your luck parade but "getting lucky" and believing in luck as an actual metaphysical force that can be manipulated through objects and prayer are different. I do believe people perceive "getting lucky" meaning "whoah that was fortunate, against the odds" whereas believing in luck is wearing your lucky underwear on your job interview or praying before a sport game because you feel it will genuinely help.
Just popping in to agree! I share a lot of Dan's views on spiritual things (or lack thereof), and that's how I'd explain it. You can be lucky but luck is not a force within itself.
peekatyou
drama llama

melon lord wrote: Not to rain on your luck parade but "getting lucky" and believing in luck as an actual metaphysical force that can be manipulated through objects and prayer are different. I do believe people perceive "getting lucky" meaning "whoah that was fortunate, against the odds" whereas believing in luck is wearing your lucky underwear on your job interview or praying before a sport game because you feel it will genuinely help.
Yes, what you're saying makes perfect sense, and is pretty much what Dan said in that video that I've mentioned. 'Luck isn't an actual cosmic force that you can control... If something good happens to you that is maybe slightly improbable, you can say that it's luck-y' - can't really argue with that. Sorry for me being silly and confusing 'getting lucky' as in 'what were the odds' and 'believing in luck as a cosmic force.'
melon lord
morning quiff

peekatyou wrote:
melon lord wrote: Not to rain on your luck parade but "getting lucky" and believing in luck as an actual metaphysical force that can be manipulated through objects and prayer are different. I do believe people perceive "getting lucky" meaning "whoah that was fortunate, against the odds" whereas believing in luck is wearing your lucky underwear on your job interview or praying before a sport game because you feel it will genuinely help.
Yes, what you're saying makes perfect sense, and is pretty much what Dan said in that video that I've mentioned. 'Luck isn't an actual cosmic force that you can control... If something good happens to you that is maybe slightly improbable, you can say that it's luck-y' - can't really argue with that. Sorry for me being silly and confusing 'getting lucky' as in 'what were the odds' and 'believing in luck as a cosmic force.'
Oh hey no need to apologise at all :D There's nothing to apologise for!

I just have interest in how words or meanings change by context, that's all. Luck means different things to different people, and it ties in to superstition. If Phil is superstitious then I wouldn't be surprised if he believes in Luck as well, etc etc

uglyamerican
woodland creature

#jumpergate con't. Upon further examination, the jumpers in the shop photos do look orangish. I think I was basing my earlier judgement on other photos....

Anyway, I *might* have ordered a pair of the plushies last evening after returning from a beer release party at my local tavern. Perhaps my judgement was clouded by one or two four *cough* Doppelbocks? Anyway, they must not be in stock (in the US store) yet because the order has not been fulfilled. My order for the Advent calendar (from the UK store) was processed in a few hours.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Watched the whole of the Lion Guard episode, it's the cutest, funniest thing, raised the bar and reached peak cuteness, kid-animal characters are always gonna be fun and adorable, and they sounded like they were having a lot of fun. I don't think I could squee much harder. Well done, boys
mio
#relatable

people on tumblr are having serious drama over accusing each other of shipping two gorilla bros :roll:

...I really hope the new video will be up soon. Cant wait!
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
majitzu
angel bean

mio wrote:people on tumblr are having serious drama over accusing each other of shipping two gorilla bros :roll:

Oh god
Laney
drama llama

mio wrote:people on tumblr are having serious drama over accusing each other of shipping two gorilla bros :roll:

People just take themselves too seriously sometimes, they are providing some quality entertainment though :lol:
fancy_nancy
phabergé

so, phil reblogged this
:shock: :lol:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

fancy_nancy wrote:so, phil reblogged this
He ships it. I approve. ;)
melon lord
morning quiff

Shouldn't the sweaters be the other way round? :lol:

But hey not complaining

papierklemmen
flower crown

melon lord wrote:

But hey not complaining
maybe the artist chose the roles based on the height.. :lol:

qt reblog but it's probably just for the #spon
000dia000
emo goose

this phandom has reached a new level of overreaction and policing, last week they would supporting their furry dads iS2g, can people make up their minds
:cactus:
melon lord
morning quiff

papierklemmen wrote:
melon lord wrote:

But hey not complaining

I actually think Phil would look really good with silver hair :shock:

Ngl it would wreck his hair to get it silver from years of black but imagine that pale skin with those blue eyes and icy, grey silver hair oh my and his hair is slightly floppy like Victor's

soz I need a moment :gg:

papierklemmen
flower crown

melon lord wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
melon lord wrote:

But hey not complaining

I actually think Phil would look really good with silver hair :shock:

Ngl it would wreck his hair to get it silver from years of black but imagine that pale skin with those blue eyes and icy, grey silver hair oh my and his hair is slightly floppy like Victor's

on one hand i agree, on the other... he's a white male in his late 20s. there's a chance he'll end up looking OLD
000dia000 wrote:

this phandom has reached a new level of overreaction and policing, last week they would supporting their furry dads iS2g, can people make up their minds
is it just phandom tho? tumblr in general have a problem with shipping policing.
mez29
procrastinator

melon lord wrote:I actually think Phil would look really good with silver hair :shock:

cannot unsee. stop that yes i have a thing for grey hair
papierklemmen wrote:
000dia000 wrote:

is it just phandom tho? tumblr in general have a problem with shipping policing.
I think it's cos they're actual brothers in the cartoon, so it's not great to ship them in that context? But antis are using that as an excuse to point the finger at shippers on a more general level, sigh
SquishPhan
capita£ester

New vid
000dia000
emo goose

This video, was the funniest shit I've seen in a long time. I've had to pause the video and hysterically shriek like a hyena. Deppy, as always, are not playing the actual function of the game, and are instead focusing on the small details. Hopping a bicycle up steps, finding a glitch that makes them "gotta go fast" like Sonic then proceeding to do laps around the school track with this glitch. Finally, going on a massive killing spree but it's okay because they got their reputation back holy shit this was amazing, they need to play this game again
:cactus:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil was right- this would have been better during spooky week. didn't love it but the video gets an honorable mention for the 2 Japan mentions by Phil and the semi-agreement by Dan that the next visit would be a "we" thing.

They did manage to keep a low-key vibe going and the synchronization was strong again. If I was rating these videos on enjoyment then yesterday would have been a 10/10 and today would be a 6/10.

-I did enjoy it though- Deppy could make reading the phone book fun but I'm just not a big fan of all of the setup. If they played it again I'd probably love it.
Last edited by Amiaw on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Yeah the new gaming vid was nowhere as good as the last one, but that was to be expected. Didn’t help that I don’t really care for the game so far. Still Deppy and their bants saved the vid for me. Plus the last few minutes were pretty funny.
Last edited by SquishPhan on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadlyNova
living flop

That was HILARIOUS and I laughed so hard that I cried. I definitely hope they play this again, I'd love to see them get further than they did. xD
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

I've only watched the into, but I had to stop to say I agree with them. I was sorta proud that they refused to play this game, because it is problematic and line-crossy, but it is their channel, and I guess there arent 4 billion other amazing games out there they could be playing instead....(oh wait, there are).

Anyway, I'm just here for the SIMPSONS REFERENCE Phil makes. Thank you for making my day.