Dan & Phil Part 33: #JustBroThings

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

papierklemmen wrote:
sweetmm wrote:Where is Dan's legs???
lol it looks like dan & phil are conjoined twins. we're getting more and more proof that they are merging into one person. i guess now that the mind merging is complete, the physical merging has begun :lol:

We need to stop them before it's too late
Love is forever
Reizam
butt chair

Dear god I desperately need some context as to wtf this Brandcast event even is... I see it's for the MadeForYou campaign, which I'm guessing deppy is included due to their YT Red involvement, but what is the purpose of this brandcast? I couldn't even make it through the dancing video, and I'm not one to cringe easily :facepalm:
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

Tyler Oakley did a livestream today and he was asked if he likes hanging out with Dan and Phil.

His answer:
"Of course. They're sweet boys. Very sweet. I like nice people, they're nice people."
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

I don't want to speculate in any kind of detail about Dan's parents, but Oqua was breaking my heart a few pages ago.
to those who have their own stories that Dan's resonate with. Personally, though my own parents aren't totally perfect (I don't think anyone's are) I don't have a bad relationship with them, as familial relationships go. So I'm not projecting. just :( and at some of what I read and hear.
sweetmm wrote:Where is Dan's legs???

I had a brief moment of "wait, where are Dan's legs?!" before I saw that they were perfectly behind Emma's. Was she purposefully trying to block him, or did he just refuse to do the obvious thing and actually take a half-step away from Phil so their sides were no longer touching? It looks far more like the latter to me :lol:
Diyes_Celine wrote:Emma: UGH! I hate it when she is in close proximity to Deppy. She will find an excuse to bring up how she was snobbed by Deppy. Gawd!
From the looks of it deppy are doing what they can to prevent any snubbing drama, by tolerating her presence. May they have the restraint to be flawlessly civil and long may the lack of drama last. If she has truly reformed and wishes to avoid drama, she will be rewarded, if she secretly still desires drama fuel this is the only way to punish her.
Jenny
squish
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Is it just me, or does Dan look like he's wearing the wrong foundation in this pic? I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had their makeup done before the show but Dan's colour looks all off :roll: [offtopic]Also, as an abuse survivor I really resonated with Dan's story about the snow. Especially when he said that he apologized to his parents for making a mess, like, gosh when I was with my abuser I would apologize for EVERYTHING even if it had nothing to do with me.

but yeah, like someone mentioned, Im not projecting my trauma onto Dan, I just really relate to that one story he told.[/offtopic]

OK, Im done with that, no more sad stuff, lets talk about this weird awkward event
Moony
sofa crease

Jenny wrote:Is it just me, or does Dan look like he's wearing the wrong foundation in this pic? I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had their makeup done before the show but Dan's colour looks all off :roll:

thought he looked a bit off when I say that picture too tbh :)
maybe it's the light or whatever

off topic, kind of:
hope that todays video will be uploaded earlier, the only things that kept me awake today are the two hours sleep from last night and lots of johnlock feels
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That video clip is probably why they like to do things themselves. "Your reason to live, click click click!" Cripes. It's kinda cute in a cringey way, but whoever wrote and choreographed that doesn't get them very well. Do they just not take any time for one-off marketing events or talk to the people they're working with, cos from what I've seen people like musical theatre choreographers don't make such cringe stuff, they know not to be ridiculous if they want a show to be seen.
internetakeover
lady door

flarequake wrote:That video clip is probably why they like to do things themselves. "Your reason to live, click click click!" Cripes. It's kinda cute in a cringey way, but whoever wrote and choreographed that doesn't get them very well. Do they just not take any time for one-off marketing events or talk to the people they're working with, cos from what I've seen people like musical theatre choreographers don't make such cringe stuff, they know not to be ridiculous if they want a show to be seen.
I do wonder how similar that song was to the one D&P rejected for TATINOF... (not that i'm really in a position to comment as I literally can't watch it)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Looking through the Brandcast hashtag, it's an event aimed at advertisers and it seems that song was related to James Cordon's karaoke car videos, maybe he wrote it? It seems to have been at Excel London, which might explain the Wembley Stadium arch in the background, but inside.

Found a few photos with tiny, distant Deps in.
Love how they're looking at each other kinda confused in the last one.
ismelindsey
tol bean

Anyone else, even though you knew Phil was joking about Santa in the Akinator vid, still cringed a little? I couldnt help it. :3
The neighbors are gonna call the police again- Phil Lester 2k16
https://twitter.com/LindseyGOffical
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

Moony wrote:
Jenny wrote:Is it just me, or does Dan look like he's wearing the wrong foundation in this pic? I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had their makeup done before the show but Dan's colour looks all off :roll:

thought he looked a bit off when I say that picture too tbh :)
maybe it's the light or whatever
I think it could be the light, but to me they do look like they're wearing very thick foundation which doesn't quite match, and eyeliner too. To me Louise's cheeks also look differently contorted/with different blush to the way she normally does her makeup.
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

oh god, that stage show looks so awkward, my whole body clenched

family drama under spoiler, because it's old news by now:
Dan can have both a fine relationship with his parents and lots of resentment at the same time.

i hadn't heard that snow story and it really broke my heart, because i relate so much. i actually had a little accident when i was a kid, where i ended up all bloody (just on the surface, i was fine) and i remember being terrified of my parents finding out, because i looked like such a mess (blood and dirt everywhere and i wasn't supposed to get dirty before some family thing). thank you, sentinel for a bit of insight into myself there :lol:

on one hand i really resent my parents, because i spent most of my adult life figuring out how their behaviour screwed me up, like always yelling at me for things that weren't intentional wrongdoings or completely out of my control, like dropping a glass, the vacuum cleaner randomly breaking when i was using it, not being able to sleep or just caughing when i was sick.

on the other hand, i know that they love me and did their best to give me a happy childhood, they just didn't understand how their behaviour influenced me and yelling was just their way of coping with stress.

the problem is that i could never tell them, because they happen to also be very sensitive and it would break their hearts, so on the surface, our relationship is just fine, no fighting or anything. but the resentment is there and we're really not close at all.

not saying that Dan's situation is in any way the same, just saying that he can have both resentment and a superficially fine relationship with them.
and i'd also like to thank fancybum for that post. "gaymas" has indeed bothered me, just like "gaymingchannel" when i see it sometimes, because it gives me this mean charlieskies-emmablackery-joking-mocking feeling, but i never tried to figure out why i made that connection, because of who it was coming from (posters here who i know didn't mean any harm). so thanks for explaining my own feelings to me, you happen to do that a lot and i never get to thank you because by the time i read it, the discussion has moved on so i thought i'd take the opportunity now.

sorry for all mistakes, i'm under a bit of time preassure
gnostic
stress mushroom

Kinda offtopic and late but gf just pointed out Dan wore a net shirt in the impossible quiz video and I am digging this so hard, he truly is going full Dan-kun on us
Just here for the marketing skills
uglyamerican
woodland creature

I'd like to point out that Caspar Lee is 6'3" and appears to be slightly taller than Dan (extrapolating due to them not standing up straight when next to each other.)
MoonPride
moon room

I really don't understand why they didn't edit todays video and just set it to go live at a certain time if they knew they would be busy. I don't want them to mess up this thing they got going on with uploads. I am trying to stay awake but I'm getting cranky lol.
papierklemmen
flower crown

MoonPride wrote:I really don't understand why they didn't edit todays video and just set it to go live at a certain time if they knew they would be busy. I don't want them to mess up this thing they got going on with uploads. I am trying to stay awake but I'm getting cranky lol.
lol same. they should have at least tweeted that the vid is going to be up late/not today so we could all go sleep. :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Fine I'll call it Bromas. It gets my point about how they jumped through a flaming hoop in order to avoid it sounding like 'gay' across just as nicely because that's what it's about for me personally. They can act cute and touchy all they like and I love it but that shit was transparant. :roll:
But I do find it funny that someone here who completely dismissed my concerns about D&P's mockery of an Inuit structure in DAPGO (and then quickly deleted the post before I could come for them at the time) is now complaining about how people aren't taking them serious and getting mad when people don't agree. No shade.
Oqua You really have all the receipts on Dan's family situation, I'm amazed. It is quite fascinating, and I really do think that there's something going on there. None of my business of course, but Dan's constant little digs say enough imo. If I were a YouTuber I wouldn't say some of the stuff Dan says if I were totally okay with my family anyway.. One thing that I'd like to note that while Dan's mum indeed gave her blessing to him taking a year out and figuring out what he wanted to do, genuinely dropping out and packing up his shit to move to London with Phil in the hope that the BBC would pick up their radio show might've been an entirely different thing. My parents were okay with me taking a break, less okay with me dropping out completely.

Brandcast was cringe, also because I dislike James Corden he's so painfully unfunny. :?

I can't believe I'm already acting this pathetic because what the hell is my life gonna be like after Christmas when the video flood comes to an end, but @Depz I'm gonna need that new video sooooooon.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker

VidCon Europe is taking suggestions for Featured Creators and Panels etc if anyone wants to tell them who they'd like to see, only until 15th: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

I've done it for a bunch of them, I'm not sure Dan and Phil need the boost, but worth it anyway I guess since they're not on the list already (should've checked that first, a few I submitted are there): http://vidconeurope.com/featured-creators
pearshaped34
morning quiff

And it's up.
koalaselfie
living flop

Catallena wrote: One thing that I'd like to note that while Dan's mum indeed gave her blessing to him taking a year out and figuring out what he wanted to do, genuinely dropping out and packing up his shit to move to London with Phil in the hope that the BBC would pick up their radio show might've been an entirely different thing. My parents were okay with me taking a break, less okay with me dropping out completely.
The whole "with my mother's blessing" statement in Dan's DML always came across more as a cliché saying (it's something I've heard said in a nonchalant manner before). Also, the speech bubble he draws above his mum's head shows her saying "Yeah sure w/e, lol" (06.00). So (imo) the implications of the word "blessing" are possibly larger than the reality. Still interesting that he only mentioned his mother and not "my parents" though.

Not gonna add much to the parents discussion here, although it's been fascinating (so long as we purely speculate here and don't pester the people involved, I deem it justifiable curiousity ) That snow story made my heart ache! Love your archiving/memory skills oqua, I too am in awe!
What I will say is that Dan seems ready (in a few of his liveshow clips) to learn from his parent's (possible) mistakes, so his future children will be likely loved and cared for and encouraged in their dreams etc. #silverlinings
That Brandcast stage show left me wondering how much deppy were internally eye-rolling as they compared it to the spectacle that is TATINOF :lol: Is this event trying to upstage them? Lmao
Ooh, new video!

Edit: OML, 35 minutes YAS thank you boys
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
sentinel
lady door

[quote="pearshaped34"][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpyvmZCMfGs [/youtube]

And it's up.[/quote]
D: "How old were you when you played this?"
P: "five or six"
D: "Awhhhhhhhhhhh"

D: (Dan gets what Phil wanted) This is a Dan vs Phil!
P: Well [i]I[/i] thought we were having a nice time
D: (Phil gets what Dan wanted) Let's go back to being friends

Lmao Dan way to go.

Lots of "D" getting today from both of them.... I see.......

I like how you can tell this was filmed before the dancing video due to the missing sticker. Nice continuity there guys!
malday
emo goose

Catallena wrote: But I do find it funny that someone here who completely dismissed my concerns about D&P's mockery of an Inuit structure in DAPGO (and then quickly deleted the post before I could come for them at the time) is now complaining about how people aren't taking them serious and getting mad when people don't agree. No shade.
pearshaped34 wrote:

And it's up.
@18:00

Waggle9007
sofa crease

pearshaped34 wrote:

And it's up.
Awww, I liked the really relaxed vibe from this video :)

23:31: Dan says 'What are these? It's your mum. I don't mean that, I don't mean to disrespect the person that (saved?)'

Can anyone tell what he actually says?
papierklemmen
flower crown

Oh my god, that was beautifully relaxing, almost like a livestream with minimal jumpcuts.

I actually remember playing this game despite being Dan's age haha.

Dan giving up on the girlfriend right away, lol.... No fucks given.
Phil for some reason can't bring himself to say "you're a terrible boyfriend" and changes it to "she doesn't need you"' mid sentence. Interesting.

My phan goggles are growing, what did y'all do to me :(

I hope I'll go back to being cynical tomorrow :lol:

P.S. wait, I know! Phil just didnt want to give the phandom an outofcontext phrase. Plausible, huh?

also, Dan is a legit furry confirmed. I am scarred.
MoonPride
moon room

This was so relaxing but I feel so old now lol! I was 10 when I played this on my friends Commodore 64.

If someone can do a time stamp of cute moments I'd love that as I'm half asleep and can hardly concentrate.