Dan & Phil Part 33: #JustBroThings

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
melon lord
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

confusedpanda wrote:
But we already know who the real daisy is...
I can't believe dan's actually dating a talking newspaper that's already married. How could he!!

I DID NOT NEED TO BE REMINDED OF THIS :lol:

Why is the joint liveshow making me nervecited? :? you know the feeling, right? That kind of knot in your tummy where you're weirded out by what might happen but also kind of excited? I think I'm rambling, it's probs nothing, Dan always loves to hype things

lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Amiaw wrote:Reasons we could be getting a joint live show:

1. Pinof bloopers
2. Awful project/book/easy-listening album/cookbook/radio show/etc.
3. Phan reveal
4. Real Daisy and Tallulah reveal
5. To announce that 2017 is all about individual branding and that gamingmas was so that 2009-2016 DanandPhil could go out with a bang
6. Phan-divorce (Dan's recent emo tweets/Phil's twitter like about ex-boyfriends)
7. Japhan 2.0 announcement

Conclusion: I have no idea and it's probably none of the above- he was probably just not feeling well
8. Ninja School. Didn't Phil say that one of the reasons he couldn't do Sunday liveshows was Ninja School whatever that is?
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
bee
phabergé

LeftHandedism wrote:
Amiaw wrote:Reasons we could be getting a joint live show:

1. Pinof bloopers
2. Awful project/book/easy-listening album/cookbook/radio show/etc.
3. Phan reveal
4. Real Daisy and Tallulah reveal
5. To announce that 2017 is all about individual branding and that gamingmas was so that 2009-2016 DanandPhil could go out with a bang
6. Phan-divorce (Dan's recent emo tweets/Phil's twitter like about ex-boyfriends)
7. Japhan 2.0 announcement

Conclusion: I have no idea and it's probably none of the above- he was probably just not feeling well
8. Ninja School. Didn't Phil say that one of the reasons he couldn't do Sunday liveshows was Ninja School whatever that is?
ooo! yes! i was just thinking about this last week

ninja school, definitely

(isn't it kind of funny we're all out of sorts if suddenly change their routine/do/say something different. like. there must be Something Up :sideeye: :cry: )
blu
squish

to all the people that can't watch liveshows at the time they are live:

remember they post it on tumblr and phanshows on youtube does too.
gnostic
stress mushroom

Mah, I just want them to announce they are moving out already so that we can all grieve and move on
Just here for the marketing skills
chloek88
spork

LeftHandedism wrote: 8. Ninja School. Didn't Phil say that one of the reasons he couldn't do Sunday liveshows was Ninja School whatever that is?
This is definitely absurd but since there's so much talk about them maybe going back to japan...i googled "ninja school" and found this: https://www.viator.com/tours/Tokyo/Ninj ... TYO_JHTKNJ

logistically, they could do the ls thursday, fly to japan friday, arrive saturday, and go to a ninja school class sunday! (i know this is totally implausible, especially while gamingmas is happening, but it's a funny thought to entertain. also if they returned to japan, i doubt they'd just go back to tokyo)

also, since i've seen no one post it here, cute lil pic of louise, d&p

they definitely filled in dan's brows, gave him some mismatching foundation, and it looks like they contoured his cheekbones with some bronzer and tossed some eyeliner on (you can see it clearly here). however, someone seems to have finally found a perfect match for phil's undereye concealer (i almost always notice when he wears it because it's always too yellow-toned for his skin. i assume he and dan usually share a bottle and their shade matches dan's warmer skin tone better than phil's cooler paleness.)
lishachi
eclipse shirt

[offtopic]i've been thinking this evening about when i first watched them, i assumed that they were together. instantly. i can't remember if it was body language or facial expressions or just how fond they were, but i automatically thought, huh, they're cute together. scrolled down into the comments, googled them, looked at them on tumblr, found out they weren't together. i was sooooo confused. like literally spent the whole day like ????? it really baffled me. even makes my head hurt now. because it's kinda complicated, with their past, the rumours etc. but things like that, it's like you think there's some plausible 'evidence' to 'prove' that they're together, and then there's always another option that disputes it, like they used to say they were bi, but then theres the 'they were young and things change' kinda thing. and it's frustrating but kinda brilliant, are they or aren't they? i don't know how to articulate this properly :? i just think that it's crazy how it's been so long, and there's no hardcore evidence to prove for or against them being together, they have provided minimal disucssion on being together (if they have please remind me i apologise if i'm wrong), yet it's the one thing that's still there. makes me wonder, as they don't have to say yes/no to them being together, it's their privacy, and it could not even be a thing. they could never, ever talk about it and people would still be guessing based on what's out there. they are bloody masters at keeping things up in the air. it's clever really. they've got this mysteriousness and curiousity about them that it's almost hard not to want to know.
idk this was long and rambly, i hope someone gets what i mean. i've just never been this curious and intrigued about something before. in a non creepy way, i promise
feel free to add opinions/correct me on things i am quite tired i tried my best to articulate myself :thumb:[/offtopic]

also loving gamingmas, last video was lovely
:biflag: :blackheart:
koalaselfie
living flop

Didn't the last joint liveshow feature the infamous Dan saltiness: "is that what you f*cking wanted?!" :? (Hard to believe that preceded this lovely gamingmas extravaganza!)
Joint liveshows, although obviously great because you get to observe the dan and phil #dynamic in action, always come across a bit stiff to me, particularly Dan, who always seems to revert to his dinof persona. Hope he's more calm and tolerant with Phil this Thursday and we don't go steps backward :| (who am I kidding, they threw #busgate on us before, when all the domestic phan stuff was again reaching a height).
I think maybe Dan forgot his Tuesday commitment and simply postponed it to Thursday because he's editing or something
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
Ablissa
pastel persona

koalaselfie wrote:Didn't the last joint liveshow feature the infamous Dan saltiness: "is that what you f*cking wanted?!" :? (Hard to believe that preceded this lovely gamingmas extravaganza!)
Joint liveshows, although obviously great because you get to observe the dan and phil #dynamic in action, always come across a bit stiff to me, particularly Dan, who always seems to revert to his dinof persona. Hope he's more calm and tolerant with Phil this Thursday and we don't go steps backward :| (who am I kidding, they threw #busgate on us before, when all the domestic phan stuff was again reaching a height).
I think maybe Dan forgot his Tuesday commitment and simply postponed it to Thursday because he's editing or something
I'm sure this has been discussed to death here, but I didn't find Dan's "is that what you f*cking wanted?!" salty. I didn't take it serious. Dan's sense of humour can be a bit odd at times, he didn't seem annoyed to me though.
Personally, I'm thrilled that they're going to do another joint ls I loved the last one, they seemed more relaxed than usual. At times it felt like I was just watching the two of them talking to each other, ignoring chat.
Let's hope for a lovely repeat

Also lishachi I was the same! I thought they were a couple until I did some googling. Cue the extreme confusion as I learned more and more about these two...
MoonPride
moon room

What surprises me is how if they are dating how there has been no slip ups, no random photos of them holding hands, no salty friend outing them etc. Nothing at all. That's when I have my doubts about them being a couple. How have they managed to keep it a secret between them and the people around them. It sounds exhausting.
koalaselfie
living flop

Ablissa wrote:
koalaselfie wrote:Didn't the last joint liveshow feature the infamous Dan saltiness: "is that what you f*cking wanted?!" :? (Hard to believe that preceded this lovely gamingmas extravaganza!)
I'm sure this has been discussed to death here, but I didn't find Dan's "is that what you f*cking wanted?!" salty. I didn't take it serious. Dan's sense of humour can be a bit odd at times, he didn't seem annoyed to me though.
Personally, I'm thrilled that they're going to do another joint ls I loved the last one, they seemed more relaxed than usual. At times it felt like I was just watching the two of them talking to each other, ignoring chat.
Let's hope for a lovely repeat

Also lishachi I was the same! I thought they were a couple until I did some googling. Cue the extreme confusion as I learned more and more about these two...
Yeah it was discussed a little; maybe I just don't get Dan's sense of humor at times :D
lishachi I too thought they were a couple instantly...[cue trip down memory lane] then when they said they were best friends I thought "cool, whatevs" and kept watching them, buying into the platonic thing (this was the 2012/2013 era when not only was I still - very unfortunately - influenced by heteronormativity, but also Dan was dropping female mentions left right and centre, so I guess it was "easier" to believe his and Phil's platonic relationship back then)...then I think I stumbled on their thread on the-other-place after becoming more of a fan, thinking "what could people possibly gossip about them?"...little did I know that their relationship was heavily up for debate, and now this is me

Edited to add:
MoonPride wrote:What surprises me is how if they are dating how there has been no slip ups, no random photos of them holding hands, no salty friend outing them etc. Nothing at all. That's when I have my doubts about them being a couple. How have they managed to keep it a secret between them and the people around them. It sounds exhausting.
This too gets me sometimes, but maybe we overestimate how much we see of deppy's lives? It's easy enough to not indulge in public displays of affection outside their house, or leave it out of edited videos, and for all we know, maybe there's some contract (although I do doubt it :D ) which dictates that people who are "in" on their relationship (i.e. purely Youtube acquaintances) can't divulge anything online (I have no idea if this is possible, but eh). Also, it's helpful to consider how pleasant deppy come across to nearly all their Youtube pals; I can't really see anybody getting so riled up over them that they'd spill something (although - my memory is hazy - close-to-this things have happened in the [quite distant] past).
Overall, it is close to remarkable, but likely less exhausting than we may think (phan goggles truly engaged in this post )
Last edited by koalaselfie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
gnostic
stress mushroom

MoonPride wrote:What surprises me is how if they are dating how there has been no slip ups, no random photos of them holding hands, no salty friend outing them etc. Nothing at all. That's when I have my doubts about them being a couple. How have they managed to keep it a secret between them and the people around them. It sounds exhausting.
I am still on antiphan side mostly but this argument always surprises me. If millions of us in less developed countries can do this, as well as actual Hollywood celebrities with shit load papparazzi after them, pretty sure Dan and Phil can manage to keep that closed door shut
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

MoonPride wrote:no slip ups
vday video
MoonPride wrote:no salty friend outing them

charlieskies, crabstickz (jokingly, but still v salty), emma, evan, etc
MoonPride wrote:Nothing at all
See above, plus countless little slips that individually can be explained away but when lined up in a row seem, in my opinion, pretty definitive.
MoonPride
moon room

alittledizzy wrote:
MoonPride wrote:no slip ups
vday video
MoonPride wrote:no salty friend outing them

charlieskies, crabstickz (jokingly, but still v salty), emma, evan, etc
MoonPride wrote:Nothing at all
See above, plus countless little slips that individually can be explained away but when lined up in a row seem, in my opinion, pretty definitive.
When you put it like that then yeah ok maybe I was wrong :lol:
papierklemmen
flower crown

re: holding hands, i always think of jimmy0010 who said that even now after his coming out he never holds hands with his bf in public bc they don't feel safe (it was a video on "being gay in 2016" and that while it seems that we've progressed a lot, homophobia is still rampant). so one thing that def wouldn't surprise me is a lack of holding hands pics.
Pinkpoppy1
first-time poster

How did Emma and Evan out them?
eevee
emo goose

the dance evolution sticker mysteriously disappeared from their DvP board and y'all wanna argue about if phan is real

clearly they hopped into another parallel universe in which they never played dance evolution in order to film bubble bobble, then hopped back into our dimension to post the video.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
bee
phabergé

gnostic wrote:
I am still on antiphan side mostly but this argument always surprises me. If millions of us in less developed countries can do this, as well as actual Hollywood celebrities with shit load papparazzi after them, pretty sure Dan and Phil can manage to keep that closed door shut
yup

also it's not like being out is not exhausting and completely freeing like tralala reborn as a puppy, rainbows all the time, the world is my oyster, i mean. also. you're never completely out. i don't tell a lot of people when i meet them or even if i've known them for a while and am close. it's not that i'm going out of my way to hide it, but i do hide it. i just dont want the fuss and the whatever. in my teens i was like; oh you need to come out/be out and that was this big thing, but two decades later i'm like, whatever. being in the closet sometimes or a lot of the times is just fine too. not comfortable, but being out all the time isn't either.
but that's of course completely personal for everyone.
with them, whatever they are, if they come out, they're Out. to everyone. strangers. if i were them i wouldn't do it either i think.
000dia000
emo goose

eevee wrote:the dance evolution sticker mysteriously disappeared from their DvP board and y'all wanna argue about if phan is real

clearly they hopped into another parallel universe in which they never played dance evolution in order to film bubble bobble, then hopped back into our dimension to post the video.
Mandela effect
maybe in our universe the v-day vid is romantic, but in deppy-verse its just a prank?/?/?/???
:cactus:
000dia000
emo goose

bee wrote:
gnostic wrote:
yup

also it's not like being out is not exhausting and completely freeing like tralala reborn as a puppy, rainbows all the time, the world is my oyster, i mean. also. you're never completely out. i don't tell a lot of people when i meet them or even if i've known them for a while and am close. it's not that i'm going out of my way to hide it, but i do hide it. i just dont want the fuss and the whatever. in my teens i was like; oh you need to come out/be out and that was this big thing, but two decades later i'm like, whatever. being in the closet sometimes or a lot of the times is just fine too. not comfortable, but being out all the time isn't either.
with them, whatever they are, if they come out, they're Out. to everyone. strangers. if i were them i wouldn't do it either i think.
This is really important and thank you all for making it. "Being out" does not even equate PDA like it would for heterosexual couples, it's not the same for everybody and I don't personally think it would be too difficult to hide a relationship - that deppy are actually failing at miserably tbh, even if you are on the fence about the nature of their relationship, no matter what their behavior points towards them being together even if they're not
:cactus:
sentinel
lady door

eevee wrote:the dance evolution sticker mysteriously disappeared from their DvP board and y'all wanna argue about if phan is real

listen..... i think i'm onto something.......................... the rebranding is not rebranding................... DAN AND PHIL FROM AN ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE WHERE THEY ARE ACTUALLY TOGETHER SWITCHED PLACES WITH ORIGINAL DEPPY AND NOW THEY ARE SLOWLY TRYING TO COME OUT SO THAT THEY CAN GO BACK TO THEIR OWN TIMELINE
eevee
emo goose

sentinel wrote: listen..... i think i'm onto something.......................... the rebranding is not rebranding................... DAN AND PHIL FROM AN ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE WHERE THEY ARE ACTUALLY TOGETHER SWITCHED PLACES WITH ORIGINAL DEPPY AND NOW THEY ARE SLOWLY TRYING TO COME OUT SO THAT THEY CAN GO BACK TO THEIR OWN TIMELINE
Extremely possible. There are infinite universes. In some, Dan and Phil are out. In some, Dan and Phil are just friends. In some, Dan and Phil have never met. In some, Dan and Phil are married and have kids but aren't famous. Everybody wins. No need to argue, everyone. Kumbaya.
Last edited by eevee on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
gnostic
stress mushroom

sentinel wrote:

listen..... i think i'm onto something.......................... the rebranding is not rebranding................... DAN AND PHIL FROM AN ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE WHERE THEY ARE ACTUALLY TOGETHER SWITCHED PLACES WITH ORIGINAL DEPPY AND NOW THEY ARE SLOWLY TRYING TO COME OUT SO THAT THEY CAN GO BACK TO THEIR OWN TIMELINE
That's it everyone, the great phan mystery is solved, pack it up we are done here
lishachi
eclipse shirt

bee wrote:
gnostic wrote:
yup

this is true, they are popular and have a big audience but they don't need to come out, maybe they don't want to, or complete opposite maybe they have nothing to come out as.
(i can understand not wanting the fuss, either, i think like that too after telling my close friends i'm bi but not my family, because i just don't want it to be a big thing/spread between family members/discussed all the time when for me it's just how i feel)
you see, i could of just wrote this instead of my big long ramble. you articulated what i wanted to say perfectly. it does sound exhausting, i mean i get tired if i think about it all for too long haha.

i just went back and looked, now i'm thinking about if phan is real, dimensions, parallel universes... i'll go lie down.
(but seriously i'm sorry if this is always talked about but it's always on my mind and no one in my real life cares )
:biflag: :blackheart:
daphenaxa
blobfish

I am a bit sad Dan hasn't done a liveshow. I don't really like their joint liveshow, they are usually quite boring and bland for me, I much prefer solo Dan on younow especially since we have gamingmass to provide all the phan fluff already.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)