Dan & Phil Part 33: #JustBroThings

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

uglyamerican wrote:#hungover
Yup.
majitzu
angel bean

SquishPhan wrote:
Yup.
I mean is Phil, he doesn't need to be hungover to do that, but that's the first thing that came into my mind
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

jesuisunèléve wrote:off topic
Is it me or are parts of phandom in melt down mode because Dan left Phil at a Christmas party, after he said he would have no problems living on an island alone?
:?
I know D&P spend a ton of time together so it's not necessarily helpful to compare their relationship to others, but I do wonder what someone who is freaked out by these 2 things (island joke + party departure) thinks typical relationships are like?

To be clear, I don't think at all this is what happened (the island thing seemed like an obvious joke to me), but imagine they DID have an argument or something and were chilly with each other for a few days. So what? Regardless if they're friends or more, I think it's pretty normal to have bumpy patches from time to time, and not the end of the world.
eevee
emo goose

confusedpanda wrote:
Is it me or are parts of phandom in melt down mode because Dan left Phil at a Christmas party, after he said he would have no problems living on an island alone?
I don't get why they would be but yet, many of them are. It doesn't make sense to me though, like it's not healthy for anyone (friends or more) to spend so much time together. It was actually nice to see Phil hanging out with some old friends without Dan, because it's actually a normal thing. It's unrealistic to spend 24/7 with just one person and they have to be by your side at all times. You need time apart, whether it's for an evening or a few days. At the end of the day though, you're still gonna talk to the person you care about the most. Also Dan left the party because of working reason, even if he wasn't feeling the party atmosphere, it was still a legitimate Reason to leave.

The "living on an island alone" thing was a joke, so I don't get why people are taking it so literally? It's so interesting to me to see how the phandom is getting uploads everyday, but yet the moment something that's most likely a normal thing to ether joke about or they do in their life's, they freak out and suddenly doubt everything?
It's just...a weird seemingly-180 from the tone and behavior of the rest of gamingmas. We have no idea if something is wrong or if so what's wrong, but it's just a little bit of a moment. At least for me, I don't think this is a huge deal, I don't think anything is going to majorly change, but it is a bit of a downer from the excitement of gamingmas. Looks like different corners of the phandom are different, though, since my twitter feed has been 100% jokes about Phil doing shots and 0% emo subtweets about phan. So there's that, haha.
I forgot Phil was drinking last night, now that tweet makes so much more sense :lol: I thought maybe he had switched brains with a seagull. I wonder if Dan is having similar issues?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I wonder how often thist happens. :D I remember Dan mentioning he kept walking into a glass door at night in a video of his but that might have been still in Manchester. I don't think Phil ever mentioned this happening to him.
I'm not surprised. :? I think a lot of their fans don't really yet understand how adult friendships / relationships work due to being really young so they still have this romantic idea of best friends spending every waking minute together when in reality Dan and Phil are such an exception and most adults don't see their friends as much. I see my best friend of ten years maybe once a month because she lives in a different city now. I didn't even see my last boyfriend every day due to work stress. But when I was 14 I couldn't have imagined not seeing my best friend for more than two days either because that was just our reality back then. This is just an idea though that would make sense to me. It's kind of normal for most teenagers to see their bffs and boy- or girlfriends every day so they might project onto Dan and Phil? Or maybe I shouldn't try to explain this behaviour because it's just people being weird again. You never know with the phandom.
melon lord
morning quiff

Well idk about you but if FRIENDS taught me anything it's that adult friends see each other all the time, have no other friends besides themselves, live together, go on holidays and special events together, and always have one specific spot in a cafe :lol:

If circumstances helped then I sure would see my friends a lot more too but uh, I also have ambitious career driven friends who work hard all the time to do shit and I'm eating ramen in my pyjamas online 24/7 so who is the real winner here

Truth is we also don't see a whole lot of their life off-screen and we just fill in the blanks with what we assume. Even their tweets aren't necessarily in real time

Truth_or_cliche
delia smith

Maybe I didn't see it, but is nobody going to do time stamps for the new sims video? They're my favorite part, as I always miss little jokes and cute moments on my own.

Loved the video. Didn't think I would, but I quite enjoyed them fawning over the baby. And they were pretty hilarious throughout the video. I love the sims series, but I hope it dies soon. I want to see them age Dab (jfc I can't believe they named the baby that) up and give him a personality and dress him, but after that I feel like it would get a bit repetitive. What else is there to do that they haven't done? Side note: I kinda wished they had a girl for some reason.

The phandom is always freaking out about something. I just ignore it until everybody calms down. It's annoying but it doesn't usually last very long.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

jesuisunèléve wrote:Someone on Tumblr is asking for a month of PhanCleans:

Apparently someoned asked Phil at a TATINOF M&G (don't know which one) if Phan was real and apparently Phil got REALLY super pissed off, which is the reason why EVERYONE NEEDS TO REFRAIN from Phan for at least a month. If Phan is in your username, change it. Artists, don't draw them together. Don't tweet about it, don't talk about phandivorce or marriage or moving or anything. They want to start off 2017 like this and do it for a month or MAYBE LONGER. Just to give the boys a break from all this shipping.

http://da-simi.tumblr.com/

:facepalm:
lmao I needed this laugh. The phandom never stops doing the most.

The petty person in me wants to make a new URL with Phan in it and spam the tags with shippy shit just to spite this person and whoever supports it. Poor Depz, making so much money of us poor shipping suckers. Give them a break guys :sobs:

Sims video. I could've watched it before going to sleep but I am genuinely so grossed out by pregnancies and births that even though it was just a game character I decided not to because it would only result in a sleepless night. I watched it just now though, and got through it without crying, nausea or panic attacks so yay me. No thanks to those assholes though, with their babies exploding out of vaginas and talk of it being alien like. :sideeye:

I did like the episode, but it definitely wasn't the best out of the series or the best out of Cutemas. A lot of it seemed to just be them waiting for the kid to pop out instead of playing and it was kinda boring to watch. Them naming it Dab made me laugh harder than it should have, especially Dan's little dilemma. :lol:

Anyway if that taught us anything it's that these two shouldn't have kids anytime soon.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dil Has a Baby timestamps

:07 - Chair breakage. "I almost did a Dan."
:45 - Dan's grin when Phil says "Daddy Dil" is so cute.
1:26 - Birth is an explosion. D: "Birth is more of a miracle than you are making it out to be." Conclusion: Dan and Phil do not know how childbirth works, but have probably googled it to try and figure it out before.
2:11 - Dan choosing to zoom in on Phil's little pout face. Good decision making, editing!Dan.
3:00 - Phil's work is rocked by this prawn cocktail realization.
3:56 - So now we know to scour the bg of deppy videos for baby books in addition to the blatant nesting.
4:49 - Phil wonders if anyone's water has broken on tube seats. Phil's mind is strange, but I like it.
5:02 - According to Phil, because Dil and Tabs are married all their friends should respect this and cease all attempts at social interaction or communication. It's such a Dan comment, yet still makes so much sense.
6:04 - You can tell the moment Dan realizes what story Phil is about to tell. Phil does have "speak before thinking syndrome" though - reminds me of the confession roulette story where he gushes about the great holiday he took to the friend who couldn't go.
6:24 - I try to do timestamps before I read the forum so I'm not influenced by everyone else's opinion, but this time I didn't watch the video until later so I'd seen the responses. I actually expected to be annoyed by Dan's comments about it being easier to be a man, but it feels more like he's just acknowledging that men can't comprehend childbirth rather than it bein an insult.
6:34 - Phil patting Dan's pregnant belly.
6:49 - Dan makes a face when talking about male insemination. I have a lot of thoughts about this.
7:36 - "Don't let Tabitha do any work."
7:50 - So Dan can say vagina on the gaming channel but Phil saying labia got edited? Ehhh. Pick a standard and stick with it, if nothing else.
8:18 - They continue to think that anyone else wanting to spend time with Dil or Tabs is that person not respecting that Dil and Tabs are married.
8:45 - Domestic life is one of them using the bathroom while the other showers.
9:09 - The rug reminds Phil of Land Before Time.
10:25 - Phil sings a breakfast song. Dan critiques the lack of rhyme.
12:05 - Door swings open.
13:09 - Phil seems interested in water births.
13:12 - Reference to Press the Button video.
13:49 - Dan fixing Phil's hair.
14:01 - "A small family of birds has descended onto your head."
16:07 - Third water birth mention.
17:42 - Baby Howlter is born. Dan and Phil look genuinely enthused.
19:24 - They are more into interacting with the baby than anything thus far in this episode.
20:12 - "Free the Sim nipple."
22:07 - "That is a smoooooth babby."
22:50 - Dan and Phil give birth.
24:09 - More baby interaction.
24:18 - Phil calls Dan out for dabbing on the gaming channel.
25:55 - Why did they skip like 20 seconds? It went from Tabitha rocking to Dil bottle feeding. Is it too to assume that one of them made a comment about baby feeding that they just snipped right out?
25:30 - "Like this video if you're crying right now."
25:55 - Phil's slow building smile as he watches Dan laugh is just - ugh. Yes.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

5:02 - According to Phil, because Dil and Tabs are married all their friends should respect this and cease all attempts at social interaction or communication. It's such a Dan comment, yet still makes so much sense.
Not to mention, that while it probably wasn't an slip up, Dan did say "We are so popular now"...which it kind of apply to them as well.

The whole video since the baby was born is by far the most adorable thing I've ever seen.
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

alittledizzy wrote: 7:50 - So Dan can say vagina on the gaming channel but Phil saying labia got edited? Ehhh. Pick a standard and stick with it, if nothing else.
I don't remember this. What video was it?
Winston
flower crown

BisexualShoeMarriage wrote:
alittledizzy wrote: 7:50 - So Dan can say vagina on the gaming channel but Phil saying labia got edited? Ehhh. Pick a standard and stick with it, if nothing else.
Maybe phil didn't want it on there. Maybe thinks it might make his 'mom sad'? Dan's mum tho, could care less if he says vagina.
actions speak louder than words
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

It was at 5:06 of the Millionaire video. Phil pronounces something that sounds like labia, and they jumpcut past Dan obviously explaining to Phil that he shouldn't say that.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Who wants to be a millionaire when discussing the pronunciation and spelling of labour/labor
SquishPhan
capita£ester

alittledizzy wrote: 2:11 - Dan choosing to zoom in on Phil's little pout face. Good decision making, editing!Dan.
Seconded.
alittledizzy wrote: 5:02 - According to Phil, because Dil and Tabs are married all their friends should respect this and cease all attempts at social interaction or communication. It's such a Dan comment, yet still makes so much sense.

8:18 - They continue to think that anyone else wanting to spend time with Dil or Tabs is that person not respecting that Dil and Tabs are married.
I noticed this too, and found it very telling. I feel like that is definitely them projecting their relationship on Dil and Tabs (except for maybe the actual married part ;) ).
alittledizzy wrote: 8:45 - Domestic life is one of them using the bathroom while the other showers.
I wonder what that says about their own domestic life. :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Louise posted a photo (the two of them together always reminds me of that taxi ride where he was so cute and she said he's her favourite, like just fricking adopt him already, obv this is an apt tagline for her anyway):

SquishPhan
capita£ester

flarequake wrote:Louise posted a photo (the two of them together always reminds me of that taxi ride where he was so cute and she said he's her favourite, like just fricking adopt him already, obv this is an apt tagline for her anyway):
What is Dan doing?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

SquishPhan wrote:
flarequake wrote:Louise posted a photo (the two of them together always reminds me of that taxi ride where he was so cute and she said he's her favourite, like just fricking adopt him already, obv this is an apt tagline for her anyway):
What is Dan doing?
Touching her poster-self's boob ;)
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

alittledizzy wrote:
It was at 5:06 of the Millionaire video. Phil pronounces something that sounds like labia, and they jumpcut past Dan obviously explaining to Phil that he shouldn't say that.
I don't interpret it that way. They left in Phil saying "labior", and cut out what I think was probably Dan explaining that it sounded like "labia". Maybe Dan even had to explain what labia were, and they cut that out because they didn't want to show how ignorant Phil was of female anatomy. Or maybe they just cut out Dan's explanation because it slowed down the video in a way that wasn't funny. Pacing is something they focus on while editing, cutting a moment doesn't necessarily mean they had something to hide.
I'd like to point out here that lack of knowledge of the medical terms for genitalia does not indicate a lack of tactile experience with that type of genitalia. Remember the leg waxing video in which both Dan and Louise were saying vagina when they meant vulva? UK sex ed is very penis in vagina sex and menstrual cycle focused. Ignorance about external female genitalia is extremely common. Since the filming of that video, Dan has clearly educated himself, while Phil may not have done. That reflects how much time they spend on which parts of tumblr, not their sexual orientations.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

flarequake wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
What is Dan doing?
Touching her poster-self's boob ;)
I guess the better question would be why is he doing that? :lol:
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Is the live show today? Are they just late (as usual?)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Sakura Selfie wrote:Is the live show today? Are they just late (as usual?)
Yes and yes.
eevee
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: 5:02 - According to Phil, because Dil and Tabs are married all their friends should respect this and cease all attempts at social interaction or communication. It's such a Dan comment, yet still makes so much sense.

Aw, remind someone to call Cat, PJ, Felix, Louise, and all other friendly aquaintences once deppy tie the knot and break the news.

alittledizzy wrote:6:49 - Dan makes a face when talking about male insemination. I have a lot of thoughts about this.
and you're not sharing....because? ;)
alittledizzy wrote:25:30 - "Like this video if you're crying right now."
25:55 - Phil's slow building smile as he watches Dan laugh is just - ugh. Yes.
They found this pretty hilarious, I wonder if it was mocking the phandom a bit. Oh well, I'm not offended, if they get enjoyment out of our intense reactions, then that's a good thing!

p.s am I the only one who values Dil's sanity and life? :lol: I just want a happy Howlter family ~
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
victorycafe
squish

Lol they seem totally fine in the liveshow. Dan is a bit sick. They mention right at the beginning that they're doing the joint liveshow because they were out seeing Rogue One on Tuesday. No big announcement it seems, phew
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Lol @placebo I saw them in Manchester and they've got 3/4 hr of slow songs named the melancholy hour"by Brian before they start playing anything good so they aren't missing anything by watching the live show