Dan & Phil Part 33: #JustBroThings

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nephilimcat
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

Did Dan just shade all the YouTubers vlogging and snapchatting them?
pulvis et umbra sumus
bee
phabergé

for the people not able to watch a phil with his fringe up
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

nephilimcat wrote:Did Dan just shade all the YouTubers vlogging and snapchatting them?
Yes and it was glorious

Highlights also included Dan asking that girl with a Kanye pun in her name if she was planning on re-branding, and also... I noticed when Phil started talking about the party with their work colleagues, Dan had kind of been dancing around but he started properly shaking his head back and forth at the mention of the party. I usually don't read too much into body language/read too much into things, but I did wonder if it was a subconscious negative response to the party

ALSO - PHIL WITH FRINGE PUSHED BACK. He looks good. He does look quite a bit older too :o more his age?
eevee
emo goose

bee wrote:Image

omfg you're kidding were they sitting with their shoulders (nearly) touching??
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bee wrote:Image

That really is a good look on Phil.

Some live show thoughts:
- I’m excited for tonight’s gaming vid. I'm curious what it will be.
- Dan and Phil have been busy being in meetings and such.
- They got a gold record plague for The Internet is Here. :D
- I’m with Phil on this one. Buffy/Angel are meant to be together.
- No Christmas baking. :cry:
- No radio Christmas thing either.
- Them talking casually about alcohol is nice.
- Loved the shade they threw about being secretly filmed. :lol:
- Darla mention.
- Might get both a dinof and amazingphil vid around Christmas time.
- No more Phil live shows for this year, but probably a Dan one next week.
- I thought it was a nice, relaxing live show and they are married af.
fancybum
senpai

nephilimcat wrote:Did Dan just shade all the YouTubers vlogging and snapchatting them?
YES I'm living. "We love being secretly vlogged" drag them Daniel. And the only notable thing he had to say about the Christmas party was he 'ate a lot of brussel sprouts' :lol: I think the people saying he used editing as an excuse to leave (even if he really did have to edit) were right. They really don't enjoy being around vloggers eh, no surprise but it's nice to hear it straight out of his own mouth lol.

Kind of extra looking forward to his Tuesday show without Phil there to rein him in
SquishPhan wrote: - I’m excited for tonight’s gaming vid. I'm curious what it will be.
Saame. I can't think of non-dancing games that involve exercise outside of the Wii.

edit: Forgot to mention my favourite part around 27mins:
Phil: In my 10 years of YT, this is the most I've consecutively ever uploaded, so it's quite exciting
Dan: And it's only totally ruining your life

Clearly they're having different experiences with it lmao
Last edited by fancybum on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Live show was fine- nothing spectacular. Dan seemed tired and sick which is understandable if they've been so busy. He did seem irritated about the party- humming while Phil was talking, Phil pushing him to talk, shading the vloggers ...

But otherwise at least glad to know they are enjoying gamingmas. Dan seems a little overwhelmed with the editing - especially when Pinof bloopers came up so maybe after gamingmas they can get some rest and come back all happy and refreshed

Edit: if Phil's parents have bad wifi how did they FaceTime when Phil was away?
Also, how often do they watch things on their laptop when they have their televisions at home? Might account for Philly's bad eyesight
Last edited by Amiaw on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Phil also started singing "Who Will Buy?" from Oliver in his amazing deep voice while he had his fringe pushed back. Will we ever see the trifecta (glasses, black and no fringe) of hotness enhancers all together? Maybe he's aware of his power ;) He seemed to get a bit distant and serious part-way through, I don't know why.

Loved the popcorn story, so offended the camera-man ate theirs, Dan stole four of them, cheeky sh*t Good to hear a bit more about Brandscast and see their gold disc for The Internet Is Here. The things they've done, it's amazing, and so much bling to show for it.

That was a nice liveshow, bit sad there'll be no more Phil until January, but from what they said about all these meetings and only having three days off all year, they need a decent break. Both their parents have rubbish wifi so maybe they actually get off the computers and rest their eyes (or play on the DS instead, more likely).

I'm looking forward to this exercise-themed video. When they said the police might arrest them my first thought was "only if you did it wearing leotards and legwarmers, don't worry". Thanks, brain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I need to go back and fix these when phanshows gets it posted since I don't always catch the times exactly right, but since the conversation will probably move to the gaming video once it's up:

1:42 - Phil wants to blow into the moose's butt.
1:52 - Phil hurt Dan. Dan has squishy shoulders.
2:00 - They saw Rogue One on Tuesday.
3:30 - Dan is slightly sick, and doesn't get enough sleep.
5:07 - Yuri on Ice
6:12 - Asks the branyewest person if they're thinking of rebranding.
6:58 - brandcast; they didn't know about dance routine ahead of time
8:15 - Phil was two hours late bc of wedding.
8:52 - Dan wouldn't have gone if he'd known. Phil missed rehearsal, Dan taught Phil the choreography.
10:00 - Phil talks about wedding.
11:23 - Phil talking about York. Dan
11:30 - Dan talking about how much Phil was stressing beforehand.
13:50 - Rogue One. Camera man was in their seats.
14:45 - The camera man ate their popcorn. They were horrified.
15:20 - Dan stole more popcorn.
15:35 - Dan opinions on Rogue One.
16:48 - Pokemon opinions.
17:19 - Pokemon Sun and Moon made Dan cry twice.
18:33 - They have things to do during the day like: go to meetings, answer emails, meet accountants.
19:31 - Dan makes orgasmic noises over flaming hot Doritos.
20:09 - Sarcastic Phil saying "Of course they are, Dan!" when Dan says he genuinely thinks all the videos are good.
22:51 - Gained leg muscles during tatinof.
23:27 - Skam - they haven't watched it.
24:18 - Phil staring at still for a strangely long time.
24:31 - Dan and Phil paradox. They filmed some videos out of order.
25:22 - Ran out of stuff to watch for lunch, started watching Steven Universe. Congrats jhamba.
26:00 - Very sassy Phil.
27:05 - Dan's comment to Phil about how gamingmas is "Totally ruining your life." is interesting. Phil tries to protest.
29:14 - Phil says the sassy boy emoji is Dan. Makes hand motion. I melt.
29:30 - Angel or Spike? They both say Spike, even though Phil ships Buffy/Angel. (So he's a fan of the epic soulmate romances, eh? Who would have thought.)
30:01 - Phil excitedly showing Dan emojis.
30:16 - Dan showed Phil Lazytown and Phil didn't enjoy.
30:43 - Dan says something ??? bitch to Phil.
31:07 - Phil is teasing Dan. I am living.
31:15 - "We've swapped colors and swapped branding, Phil."
33:06 - All I Want for Christmas Is You duet.
33:44 - Firm no on BBC radio Christmas show.
37:00 - chug chug chug story
38:38 - Phil barks.
38:48 - Swaying into each other. Fuck, Dan's cute right here.
39:00 - Phil shoves Dan.
39:15 - "I love being secretly vlogged." Drag 'em.
39:35 - "Singing the final fantasy soundtrack with my tongue out."
41:12 - More of Dan bouncing back and forth into Phil.
42:21 - Coordinating when they'll update to festive layouts.
42:?? - Dan pushes his hair back.
43:45 - Phil quiff LIVES.
44:36 - rip Phil quiff. It was a good sixty seconds.
45:00 - Dan makes a hum-and-pop noise, Phil mimics.
45:40 - James Cordon tweeted them, and they didn't reply. Rood.
46:35 - Dan makes another hum, Phil mimics, Dan starts snapping along.
48:47 - Watching them shift closer makes me smile. They were not satisfied with that couple inches between them.
malday
emo goose

lol, i don't know how younow works but sending the whole phandom to watch those kids doing shots after the ls ended had me dying.
MoonPride
moon room

I really enjoyed the live show, the part about the popcorn had me and my Daughter in hysterics. But annoyed that someone got their prem messages read out 3 times and ours didn't but hey always next time.
yupitsme
sofa crease

fancybum wrote:
YES I'm living. "We love being secretly vlogged" drag them Daniel. And the only notable thing he had to say about the Christmas party was he 'ate a lot of brussel sprouts' :lol: I think the people saying he used editing as an excuse to leave (even if he really did have to edit) were right. They really don't enjoy being around vloggers eh, no surprise but it's nice to hear it straight out of his own mouth lol.

Kind of extra looking forward to his Tuesday show without Phil there to rein him in

SquishPhan wrote: - I’m excited for tonight’s gaming vid. I'm curious what it will be.

Saame. I can't think of non-dancing games that involve exercise outside of the Wii.

edit: Forgot to mention my favourite part around 27mins:
Phil: In my 10 years of YT, this is the most I've consecutively ever uploaded, so it's quite exciting
Dan: And it's only totally ruining your life

Clearly they're having different experiences with it lmao
Twister :lol: But I'm not sure they would play a 'board' (well not board but you get me) game and the video game versions are pretty old. I could imagine the police being called though :gg:
kay
phabergé

fancybum wrote:

I missed that first comment, so no wonder. That party talk was the most awkward moment ever. Phil clearly sugar-coating it, Dan clearly not wanting to talk about it at all.

That felt like generally a weird liveshow overall. Some parts were fun but it didn't match the happiness of the last joint ls, or the overall closeness of the gamingmas vids. Maybe the party talk weirdness just rubbed me the wrong way.
000dia000
emo goose

Lmao I love them shading the other vloggers, I agree that the party wasn't really their scene though, maybe the one's they enjoy going to are never shared. I mean, we wouldn't have known about this party if the vloggers didn't perfectly angle their snaps to have them in the background and also film Phil's cuff and voice when taking a shot

Also, I thought some people may be interested: when they were discussing why the dance sticker wasn't on the board, they mentioned being unsure baout the sequence of videos and then Dan made a reference to his chapped lips and why it was healed cue me being immediately suspicious that they're actually lurking here when people posted their timeline analysis based on dan's lips
:cactus:
fancybum
senpai

yupitsme wrote: Twister :lol: But I'm not sure they would play a 'board' (well not board but you get me) game and the video game versions are pretty old. I could imagine the police being called though :gg:
I demand Part 2 immediately:

achika wrote:I missed that first comment, so no wonder. That party talk was the most awkward moment ever. Phil clearly sugar-coating it, Dan clearly not wanting to talk about it at all.

That felt like generally a weird liveshow overall. Some parts were fun but it didn't match the happiness of the last joint ls, or the overall closeness of the gamingmas vids. Maybe the party talk weirdness just rubbed me the wrong way.
Probably just because Dan's sick and tired (literally) with gamingmas and all the mysterious meetings (tax things? he mentioned an accountant) they've got going on. It for sure wasn't as fun as their Xmas liveshow from last year, but Phil saved it for me. HE'S SO LOVELY ALL THE TIME doesn't he get tired.
dollicious
spork

i enjoyed the ls i loved when they were talking about brandcast and shading vloggers at the party :lol:.
also phil saying "there’s a sassy boy like this (mimics emoji), that’s you dan." thought this was funny here is the emoji in case you still haven't updated like me:
i still really don't understand why they waited to edit the video so long that dan had to come home tipsy and edit it last minute? but his whole "totally ruining your life" comment i suppose gamingmas is taking it's toll on them.
do you like d&p?
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

He sure as hell did! I had to pick myself up off the floor!
eevee
emo goose

jesuisunèléve wrote:

tbh those sneaky vloggers deserve it. That's what you get when you care more about your video's 2 seconds of D&P getting watched than another human's privacy and comfort.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
SquishPhan
capita£ester

secretagentphan
procrastinator

eevee wrote:
jesuisunèléve wrote:

tbh those sneaky vloggers deserve it. That's what you get when you care more about your video's 2 seconds of D&P getting watched than another human's privacy and comfort.
If you guys already discussed this feel free to ignore me and read me for filth but what do you all feel about Couple's React mentioning Dan and Phil? To me it seems genuine and they don't react to them more than anything else and I think it's cute, but I could see people thinking they're taking advantage of their obsessive fan base. I really like them as people so I'm probably a little biased.
PolarFox
truth bomb

I'm not sure if I am more amused or offended by their volleyball skills as a volley player. Dan seems to have at least watched how they play in haikyuu enough but the heck phil... the heeeck... (also yay haikyuu mentions... damn i wish i knew more of their opinions on that one. Who is a fave? Who do they hate? Gimme that animu talk)
Anyway, apart from that, this was si hilarious. I wished for Phil to win tho. But it was a very amusing video and although I was kind of expecting another ddr or Wii sports, I am not let down. I loved the bants, salty Dan backseat bitching. I love deppy and i love gamingmas
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
nephilimcat
woodland creature

What a shame
Dan won :(

I enjoyed the video though! Of course it wasn't twister :roll: At least it seemingly worked better than the dance video. And for a second I felt motivated to do sports but then I was like "nah"

I didn't understand the way the points were calculated, can someone enlighten me? I can't deal with Maths :lol:

Edit:
secretagentphan wrote: If you guys already discussed this feel free to ignore me and read me for filth but what do you all feel about Couple's React mentioning Dan and Phil? To me it seems genuine and they don't react to them more than anything else and I think it's cute, but I could see people thinking they're taking advantage of their obsessive fan base. I really like them as people so I'm probably a little biased.
I used to watch them and they did seem genuine, but I don't like the whole concept of reacting to something that isn't yours, especially if it's videos of other YouTubers. I used to watch reaction videos and realised I was just watching the original video without caring about the reaction, so why not give the creator the views? So generally I strongly dislike reaction channels and I don't watch them anymore
Last edited by nephilimcat on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pulvis et umbra sumus
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was so much fun. I laughed out loud a couple of times.
Them just trying to sabotage each other was funny.
Also what did Phil say before Dan said: stop perving on me?
fancybum
senpai

SquishPhan wrote:That was so much fun. I laughed out loud a couple of times.
Them just trying to sabotage each other was funny.
Also what did Phil say before Dan said: stop perving on me?
Lol he said 'pervy photographer's back' (there was a photographer beside the net).

Dan slapping Phil: was that on purpose? I can't tell. edit: No, he leaned so far over it had to be intentional. Serves him right he lost that round :lol:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

SquishPhan wrote:
So the stickers keep falling off, huh? 8-) (@0:55)

My favourite part is easily Dan dramatically throwing the Javelin an impressive 10 metres. But I loved the video, I kind of really like these videos that require them to move. :lol:
Last edited by Birdie on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.