Dan & Phil Part 34: It's a post-baking universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
MoonPride
moon room

Having no idea what happens in Undertale I was fucking shook at what happened. I screamed out loud in horror and I'm not sure I'll ever sleep again.
morbit
phillion/danosaur <//3

Re Undertale: I'm so happy!! They finally got to the best part of the game!! I wasn't overly happy about their jokey doing voices over finally getting to know the real story of the game (thanks phil for pulling that back), but seriously their reactions to everything that came after Asgore was just magnificent. Yesss.

Re Psychic Twins: "They don't want to do a collab because they're scared you'll see something" um... that, or neither of the guys are into the whole psychic thing? Why would they do a collab with them anyway, the only thing they do is tell people who they were in past lives (which yeah. very easy to believe any of that) and tell them that the future is holding a lot of "prospects" for different offers career- and love wise. It's so easy to say that because yeah, that's what happens to most people in their lives. Also they'll channel spirit guides with very generic english names. Every US or UK born person knows/has known a guy called Richard okay, we get it.

The Psychic Twins apparently know everything about everyone, so in that case they know the "truth" about Dan and Phil already. So yeah... Idk, sorry for the long rant but I'm so sick of them. I found them to be interesting at first but mostly just to see where their schtick flops you know? (I'm not trying to be mean if you believe in them and/or psychics in general. I don't have the answers to everything and I might be wrong. I'm just stating what I've seen and thought about. I don't want people to take it the wrong way).
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, I did not see any of that coming (well, I knew flowey would come back, but I thought there was something else going on with him). Phil looked so worried near the end during the fight and all their reactions and voices were so good. The story is so simple, but so complex in its choices. I'm intrigue to see the next/final part.
malday
emo goose

Timestamps for the Undertale plot twists:

- 19:43 Asgore(no more mercy)
- 33:46 flowey appears
- 34:20 shuts down game
- 37:41 Omega flowey

The previous episode was better than this one for me, but that's because they had more characters to work with and do voices for.
I bet people will be disappointed they kind of glossed over the tragic back story in this episode instead of being sad.
Artdefines06 wrote:
I will say part of being a daily gamer is knowing when to end a series and i dont think this or Impossible quiz NEED another episode, but w/e like Dan said they are not a "real gaming channel", so as long as they hare having fun I guess that is what matters.
Undertale needs another episode because it's NOT the real ending. There is another plot twist.
secretagentphan
procrastinator

morbit wrote:Re Undertale: I'm so happy!! They finally got to the best part of the game!! I wasn't overly happy about their jokey doing voices over finally getting to know the real story of the game (thanks phil for pulling that back), but seriously their reactions to everything that came after Asgore was just magnificent. Yesss.

Re Psychic Twins: "They don't want to do a collab because they're scared you'll see something" um... that, or neither of the guys are into the whole psychic thing? Why would they do a collab with them anyway, the only thing they do is tell people who they were in past lives (which yeah. very easy to believe any of that) and tell them that the future is holding a lot of "prospects" for different offers career- and love wise. It's so easy to say that because yeah, that's what happens to most people in their lives. Also they'll channel spirit guides with very generic english names. Every US or UK born person knows/has known a guy called Richard okay, we get it.

The Psychic Twins apparently know everything about everyone, so in that case they know the "truth" about Dan and Phil already. So yeah... Idk, sorry for the long rant but I'm so sick of them. I found them to be interesting at first but mostly just to see where their schtick flops you know? (I'm not trying to be mean if you believe in them and/or psychics in general. I don't have the answers to everything and I might be wrong. I'm just stating what I've seen and thought about. I don't want people to take it the wrong way).

I 100% agree with most of this (although I don't think ALL psychics are phoney many of them are). I found it more interesting how they approached it? Like I feel like a few years ago youtubers would be like "a lot of people WANT them to bang" but Shane was like "people think they're secretly a couple... when I was in the closet..ect." which obviously means nothing because it's Shane lol I DOUBT he is trusted with Dan and Phil tea but it's weird the way he treated the topic. All I'm saying is if they really don't want a big deal out of whatever relationship they may have, then the whole "gradually being more open until it's assumed like what Dan did with his sexuality" thing is working. If they aren't together then I'll call shenanigans on them not wanting a shitstorm because they MUST know how in the past month especially they've insured for a HUGE deal if they do move out separately.
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

All I can manage right now after that is this: 54:25 or so.. “friends”. mmmhmmm. sure. definitely still talking about undyne and alphys (dan's oft-proclaimed otp) there...

I'm a mess. Some of you know why. G'night. :platonic:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
melon lord
morning quiff

Keep in mind I neither know or care about Shane other than he's a huge gossip?

But it totally seems like he's stirring the pot for something. It's like he's trying to push his limits and see how far it can go. People have often made jokes at deppy's expense either about their "single guy" status or made wink wink jokes about them being together, but like Shane just laid it all out there like it was no big deal which was kind of uncomfortable for me :?

I mean, sure, it's on all of OUR minds as an audience and fanbase, hence we have our own spaces to discuss it. And I'm sure Youtubers gossip too, obviously. But mentioning them + setting up that "well if you have nothing to hide why are you afraid?" emotional blackmail + using his own sexuality as an example to parallel deppy's story which is (as they say in crime shows lol) "leading the witness" which whether true or not is just creepy + + those phoneyass weirdo ladies (soz guys I'm a Dan here, 0% belief in anything supernatural or religious) talking like some horror movie evil duo + the way they just discuss them openly like they aren't real people that exist on the same earth as them :? :?

Uuguuuuuugh they gave me the willies

papierklemmen
flower crown

secretagentphan wrote: I 100% agree with most of this (although I don't think ALL psychics are phoney many of them are). I found it more interesting how they approached it? Like I feel like a few years ago youtubers would be like "a lot of people WANT them to bang" but Shane was like "people think they're secretly a couple... when I was in the closet..ect." which obviously means nothing because it's Shane lol I DOUBT he is trusted with Dan and Phil tea but it's weird the way he treated the topic. All I'm saying is if they really don't want a big deal out of whatever relationship they may have, then the whole "gradually being more open until it's assumed like what Dan did with his sexuality" thing is working. If they aren't together then I'll call shenanigans on them not wanting a shitstorm because they MUST know how in the past month especially they've insured for a HUGE deal if they do move out separately.
i find it curious that shane said "everyone thinks they're a couple" because, at first i thought well yeah he's talking about the phandom, but then it got me thinking, why would someone take their fans seriously? when i browse through phan comments on youtube it's mostly mindless squeeing accompanied by "septipler away" or some other obviously straight guy pairings, or phandom police telling everyone to tone down the shipping. i wonder if by "everyone" shane meant other youtubers,hmmm..
Moony
sofa crease

the new undertale was pretty good!

some funny moments (Including various quotes from Phil such as 'he's the worst flower i've ever met')
and cute ones, too
I loved dan being shocked/amazed by the game closing and omega flowey

very minor spoiler
There is a lot more to come, and it's gonna be intense af
manged
lady door

Oh, what's this? An opportunity to rant about Shane Dawson and the Psychic Twins?
secretagentphan wrote:
morbit wrote: Re Psychic Twins: "They don't want to do a collab because they're scared you'll see something" um... that, or neither of the guys are into the whole psychic thing? Why would they do a collab with them anyway, the only thing they do is tell people who they were in past lives (which yeah. very easy to believe any of that) and tell them that the future is holding a lot of "prospects" for different offers career- and love wise. It's so easy to say that because yeah, that's what happens to most people in their lives. Also they'll channel spirit guides with very generic english names. Every US or UK born person knows/has known a guy called Richard okay, we get it.

I 100% agree with most of this (although I don't think ALL psychics are phoney many of them are). I found it more interesting how they approached it? Like I feel like a few years ago youtubers would be like "a lot of people WANT them to bang" but Shane was like "people think they're secretly a couple... when I was in the closet..ect." which obviously means nothing because it's Shane lol I DOUBT he is trusted with Dan and Phil tea but it's weird the way he treated the topic. All I'm saying is if they really don't want a big deal out of whatever relationship they may have, then the whole "gradually being more open until it's assumed like what Dan did with his sexuality" thing is working. If they aren't together then I'll call shenanigans on them not wanting a shitstorm because they MUST know how in the past month especially they've insured for a HUGE deal if they do move out separately.
Sheesh, talk about empathy! Shane, how can you, in one breath, bring up Dan and Phil possibly being in a closeted relationship, and in the next, share how you were genuinely nervous around psychics while you were closeted, AND THEN have these two frauds with their cheap ass shake-and-go wigs mock that fear of being outed?

While I'm absolutely here for how messy that was and hope it gets blown out of proportion for my own entertainment (it probs won't be), I can't not roll my eyes. But this isn't the first time Shane's brought D&Ps relationship up; I think he's one of the few if not only big YTers who even dares to mention it. Maybe since Shane's opened up about his own boyfriend, he's forgotten that it's not something everyone can just brush off and take lightly.

ETA: Also, Shane may not know D&P personally or know enough to confirm anything, but he and D&P share mutual acquaintances like Joey and Cat. I think that means something.
Last edited by manged on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blu
squish

i like how the endscreen was floweyisnotonfire and AmazingASGORE

(major spoiler)
you know how flowey is asriel, asgore's (and toriel's) son so *ahem*
malday
emo goose

IckleMissMayhem wrote:All I can manage right now after that is this: 54:25 or so.. “friends”. mmmhmmm. sure. definitely still talking about undyne and alphys (dan's oft-proclaimed otp) there...

That bit really confused me for a sec.
It does look a lot like Dan is throwing hints about phan, heck he is almost confirming it if you look at it that way.

But, i think he misunderstood it as Undyne saying he is friends with Toto(their character),which is true, while Undyne was actually talking about being friends with Alphys, and i'm pretty sure Dan knows Undyne and Alphys are a canon couple, it's been spoiled in the comments long ago.

And i think he made that mistake because they filmed really late:
morbit
phillion/danosaur <//3

manged wrote: Sheesh, talk about empathy! Shane, how can you, in one breath, bring up Dan and Phil possibly being in a closeted relationship, and in the next, share how you were genuinely nervous around psychics while you were closeted, AND THEN have these two frauds with their cheap ass shake-and-go wigs mock that fear of being outed?

While I'm absolutely here for how messy that was and hope it gets blown out of proportion for my own entertainment (it probs won't be), I can't not roll my eyes. But this isn't the first time Shane's brought D&Ps relationship up; I think he's one of the few if not only big YTers who even dares to mention it. Maybe since Shane's opened up about his own boyfriend, he's forgotten that it's not something everyone can just brush off and take lightly.

ETA: Also, Shane may not know D&P personally or know enough to confirm anything, but he and D&P share mutual acquaintances like Joey and Cat. I think that means something.
that's what i'm thinking. if he was considerate enough to know that coming out, esp on a platform such as youtube, is a big deal not only personally but for your career, he wouldn't talk about it the way he does. but apparently coming out himself and then revealing his boyfriend has washed that from his brain and now their potential coming out is just a ploy for views on the psychic twins channel. please keep in mind that shane works with them and their youtube channel. he basically started the channel and helps them out with video ideas and gets them collaborations, so a chunk of that check goes straight into his pocket. so him speculating over their relationship and basically threatening them to be read by the twins since they "shouldn't have anything to hide" is a marketing thing because yeah, cash money etc. I'm not surprised that he doesn't care about how personal coming out is when it means he'll get money out of it.

and shane, you won't be cashing in on that if it ever happens, be so sure.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

malday wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:
I will say part of being a daily gamer is knowing when to end a series and i dont think this or Impossible quiz NEED another episode, but w/e like Dan said they are not a "real gaming channel", so as long as they hare having fun I guess that is what matters.
Undertale needs another episode because it's NOT the real ending. There is another plot twist.
Then I look forward to it! I figured it was just alternate ending, now I'm excited.

its hard because after undertale there were a lot of other games that flooded the market trying to do the same thing where you are being messed with by the game, and because i have now seen so many of those i was not as shocked as other people when undertale did it. However, i do understand and believe that undertale did it first, and better narratively speaking.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Artdefines06 wrote:
malday wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:
Then I look forward to it! I figured it was just alternate ending, now I'm excited.

its hard because after undertale there were a lot of other games that flooded the market trying to do the same thing where you are being messed with by the game, and because i have now seen so many of those i was not as shocked as other people when undertale did it. However, i do understand and believe that undertale did it first, and better narratively speaking.
They must know after seeing how many vids still had to follow in Jackseptic's playtrough that this probably wasn't the final end. It's a good cut off point for their video though.
And yes i'm loving the narrative in this game. It's pretty unique. Usually the power of the narrative in like the RPG's I play come from the story arch as a whole but here's it's the odd mix of the retro atmosphere mixed with the strange characters that really stands out to me. It's a mix of humor and vulnerability, you can sorta really notice a "person" designed it which is pretty rare for a game.
This is one of those rare games imo where the style of the Dan and Phil Games channel suits an actual playthrough of the game. I hope the last undertale vid is included in gamingmass, i'd hate to have to wait for it for multiple months.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
malday
emo goose

manged wrote:
but Shane does "know" them personally as in they've met.

also, i blame the phandom, because in the few pshychic twins videos i've seen there was always "colab with d&p" spammed in the comments.
manged
lady door

morbit wrote:that's what i'm thinking. if he was considerate enough to know that coming out, esp on a platform such as youtube, is a big deal not only personally but for your career, he wouldn't talk about it the way he does. but apparently coming out himself and then revealing his boyfriend has washed that from his brain and now their potential coming out is just a ploy for views on the psychic twins channel. please keep in mind that shane works with them and their youtube channel. he basically started the channel and helps them out with video ideas and gets them collaborations, so a chunk of that check goes straight into his pocket. so him speculating over their relationship and basically threatening them to be read by the twins since they "shouldn't have anything to hide" is a marketing thing because yeah, cash money etc. I'm not surprised that he doesn't care about how personal coming out is when it means he'll get money out of it.

and shane, you won't be cashing in on that if it ever happens, be so sure.
I agree. He seriously shouldn't even bother holding out on a Dan and Phil/ psychic twins collab. They hardly make appearances on channels for people they do like, so they have no reason to associate with someone who's been openly gross about them. If Shane was really about that shit, he'd have the psychic twins predict their future(s) remotely, like they do with the celebrity predictions. But, it isn't even about D&P being scared--> Shane's ass is scared. He stays prodding at phan rumors and walking on eggshells when discussing them, but he couldn't actually handle the backlash.
malday wrote:
manged wrote:

also, i blame the phandom, because in the few pshychic twins videos i've seen there was always "colab with d&p" spammed in the comments.
I know they've met before but that doesn't mean much to me for this argument.

A Psychic Twin/ D&P collab would be hilarious though.
secretagentphan
procrastinator

malday wrote:
manged wrote:

Honestly this is one of the only times I don't blame the phandom. They just asked for them to collab which is harmless and expected. They could've said "We're open to it but we heard one is skeptical but if they ever want to were open to it" and leave it at that. They went in a FULL BLOWN discussion about them being closeted and people with influence not even joking about it but SERIOUSLY discussing it isn't classy. Especially because dan and Phil are so private. Maybe Shane already knows though youtuber gossip (it's a pretty big possibility he knows through gossip now that I'm thinking about it) and is trying to cash on it/call it out (Shane loves being the first person to joke about/"call" things: Joey graceffa, some youtuber coming out as trans someday (?) Ect.) before anyone else. Mark my words if Shane asks about coming outs and they say something like "a couple will come out" and Shane goes "I'll tell you guys off camera who I think it is and we can release the clip if I'm right" or something IT'S ABOUT THEM. That boy loves playing "how far can I go."
dollicious
spork

i really enjoyed the video . their reactions were really amazing even though i'm sure they knew some of what was going to happen, it looked like a lot was a real surprise for them. also i liked that they worked together during the asgore fight and got to root for/congratulate each other for doing good. a few timestamps from my first watch:
11.40 - dan's aggressive nudging when he is excited. happens a lot during this video but it is cute.
17.04 - their laughs together over "it's a throne" was so funny & genuine sounding.
20.32 - "that was quick & fast." oh phil.
30.29 - i like how dan didn't show the screen when phil messed up the attack.
30.47 - fond af smile and nudge .
34.39 - dan's freak out when he realized what the game was doing was amazing. things like this you can tell was a genuine reaction.
37.09 - dan's gameboy story. why tf would he give his gameboy to a stranger on a flight??
54.28 - friendship.
also this is probably just me but i'm happy there will be one more video because a let's play having 10 parts is more satisfying.
secretagentphan wrote: Like I feel like a few years ago youtubers would be like "a lot of people WANT them to bang" but Shane was like "people think they're secretly a couple... when I was in the closet..ect." which obviously means nothing because it's Shane lol I DOUBT he is trusted with Dan and Phil tea but it's weird the way he treated the topic.
yeah i agree the approach was wrong, it is always shocking for me to hear when d&p’s colleagues joke about their relationship. even for someone like shane, who says lots of offensive jokes, making jokes at their expense is so unnecessary. especially as he should be empathetic to make jokes about hidden sexuality as someone who was in the closet. like making a joke about phan is one thing, but it is just obnoxious to allude to them being afraid and in the closet.
do you like d&p?
secretagentphan
procrastinator

secretagentphan wrote: Like I feel like a few years ago youtubers would be like "a lot of people WANT them to bang" but Shane was like "people think they're secretly a couple... when I was in the closet..ect." which obviously means nothing because it's Shane lol I DOUBT he is trusted with Dan and Phil tea but it's weird the way he treated the topic.
yeah i agree the approach was wrong, it is always shocking for me to hear when d&p’s colleagues joke about their relationship. even for someone like shane, who says lots of offensive jokes, making jokes at their expense is so unnecessary. especially as he should be empathetic to make jokes about hidden sexuality as someone who was in the closet. like making a joke about phan is one thing, but it is just obnoxious to allude to them being afraid and in the closet.
Exactly! Honestly what made me most uncomfortable is that it wasn't even a joke? It's not even like he made a crude joke about them banging or a CLEAR joke about phan like every other youtuber... he was suggesting some shit. It's funny because he was just talking about in his conspiracy video today that he won't say the conspiracy theories on kanye being gay because that's like outing someone :roll: (I realize I should stop hate watching these people but I can't help it lol)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Re: Undertale
I really liked today's video because it was so genuine. I like watching people do something they like. I haven't been a huge fan of these vids but now I kind of want to play the game too because of the story.
Also, both Dan and Phil were lovely today and this was one of the rare gamingmas videos where I was more about Dan then Phil.

Re: Shane
It's already been said but he did talk about them like it was a fact that they were together and that's what rubbed me the wrong way. I know mentioning deppy gets views but sometimes I wish people would leave the boys alone.
It must be exhausting for the boys to be the embodiment of Schrödinger’s cat but I guess until they feel ready/willing to tell people what's real they'll proabably have to deal with it more and more
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Amiaw wrote: Also, both Dan and Phil were lovely today and this was one of the rare gamingmas videos where I was more about Dan then Phil.
I completely agree!! Dan seemed super enthusiastic and his reactions were really genuine, I found him really endearing in this video. It made it super enjoyable in my opinion, they both seemed to be truly enjoying themselves and having fun, and it was lovely to watch
gnostic
stress mushroom

malday wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:All I can manage right now after that is this: 54:25 or so.. “friends”. mmmhmmm. sure. definitely still talking about undyne and alphys (dan's oft-proclaimed otp) there...

That bit really confused me for a sec.
It does look a lot like Dan is throwing hints about phan, heck he is almost confirming it if you look at it that way.

But, i think he misunderstood it as Undyne saying he is friends with Toto(their character),which is true, while Undyne was actually talking about being friends with Alphys, and i'm pretty sure Dan knows Undyne and Alphys are a canon couple, it's been spoiled in the comments long ago.

And i think he made that mistake because they filmed really late:
Yeah I think like that too.

Regarding Shane, I frankly do not understand the issue. He said exactly the truth "everybody thinks they are a couple". Well. Yes. Better not to bring them up at all, but can you blame the guy for needing moolah?
Just here for the marketing skills
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Filming at 3am and editing it for 5 hours after :? Idk if I even believe that really, that's pretty extreme. We are talking about two well known vampires but ehhh.. if he felt so tired why wouldn't he have gone to sleep first and edited when he woke up the next day it's doesn't even make a difference as far as day of delivery of the video is concerned.
If this is what he often dos, consider me shook. That's a great way to get exhausted. Totally fucks up your circadian rhythm no matter how long you sleep out. If he films at 3 a.m. and edits after he's going to bed at like 8.30 am, add 7-8 hours of sleep to that (and feeling tired as shit anyway) and he'll be getting up at about 4 p.m.
Even if you maintain an agenda where you do everything business related in the afternoon that would be unworkable.
If it's like a few times, say for a certain bakeding video or for a gamingmass vid I could understand, especially in a period where you're easing into you holiday as a youtuber.
But I do hope this isn't indicative for his actual sleeping pattern because i've had a period where i would go to sleep at like 5 - 6 am and it really isn't conducive to your general health and well being
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
MoonPride
moon room

Stakhanov wrote:Filming at 3am and editing it for 5 hours after :? Idk if I even believe that really, that's pretty extreme. We are talking about two well known vampires but ehhh.. if he felt so tired why wouldn't he have gone to sleep first and edited when he woke up the next day it's doesn't even make a difference as far as day of delivery of the video is concerned.
If this is what he often dos, consider me shook. That's a great way to get exhausted. Totally fucks up your circadian rhythm no matter how long you sleep out. If he films at 3 a.m. and edits after he's going to bed at like 8.30 am, add 7-8 hours of sleep to that (and feeling tired as shit anyway) and he'll be getting up at about 4 p.m.
Even if you maintain an agenda where you do everything business related in the afternoon that would be unworkable.
If it's like a few times, say for a certain bakeding video or for a gamingmass vid I could understand, especially in a period where you're easing into you holiday as a youtuber.
But I do hope this isn't indicative for his actual sleeping pattern because i've had a period where i would go to sleep at like 5 - 6 am and it really isn't conducive to your general health and well being
I think he meant he edited it later not straight after they finished filming.

Eta: Has anyone considered that the boys may of bought the apartment off the landlord which could explain replacing the piano in Dans room and all of this dog talk?