Dan & Phil Part 34: It's a post-baking universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

papierklemmen wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:But I do think that he has enough respect either for them as people or in general for youtubers being closeted that he's not going to overtly out them. He'll just... make his opinion/awareness known in little jabs and well timed snickers and thoughtless affirmations like this.
idk about respect, we're talking about the guy who basically outed joey graceffa a few times throughout the years, including straight up saying "closeted youtubers like joye graceffa" in his video a few weeks before joey's official coming out. :? like yeah, at that point everybody knew, but still... i think his knowledge is probably limited to gossip anyway
Yeah maybe I should have said "respect" not respect. I think it's what passes for respect in Shane Dawson's world, basically.

And yeah, his knowledge could be limited to gossip, but gossip doesn't negate truth. (I mean, it doesn't guarantee it, either - but it doesn't necessarily negate it.)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

alittledizzy wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:But I do think that he has enough respect either for them as people or in general for youtubers being closeted that he's not going to overtly out them. He'll just... make his opinion/awareness known in little jabs and well timed snickers and thoughtless affirmations like this.
idk about respect, we're talking about the guy who basically outed joey graceffa a few times throughout the years, including straight up saying "closeted youtubers like joye graceffa" in his video a few weeks before joey's official coming out. :? like yeah, at that point everybody knew, but still... i think his knowledge is probably limited to gossip anyway
Yeah maybe I should have said "respect" not respect. I think it's what passes for respect in Shane Dawson's world, basically.

And yeah, his knowledge could be limited to gossip, but gossip doesn't negate truth. (I mean, it doesn't guarantee it, either - but it doesn't necessarily negate it.)
So we've had these comments from Shane, Louise's comment about their relationship "who really knows" and countless other pieces of confusing information. Either Dan and Phil have a great lawyer who makes sure their private info stays private, they are the nicest guys alive, or they are as confused about their relationship as we are and that's why there is no definitive answer on their relationship
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote:So we've had these comments from Shane, Louise's comment about their relationship "who really knows" and countless other pieces of confusing information. Either Dan and Phil have a great lawyer who makes sure their private info stays private, they are the nicest guys alive, or they are as confused about their relationship as we are and that's why there is no definitive answer on their relationship
Yeah. I think like people want to hint, and sometimes give ambiguous answers, because they realize Dan and Phil aren't out but at the same time aren't entirely sure where the line is drawn these days.
melon lord
morning quiff

I think most people can figure out the line. Practically every single person in the scene has hidden one thing or another, it's not nuclear science to understand what's okay and what isn't (not shading you for saying so, more a jab at the youtubers).

Nobody is obliged to answer those questions or acknowledge them. Ignoring questions about other Youtubers is just as valid, but no, they choose to stir the pot lightly with no benefit to themselves (I'm not talking about other YTers filming them in vlogs or snapchats).

There are three ways to approach the Dan & Phil relationship mystery:

1) completely ignore it and don't answer which imo is the most respectful option especially when it doesn't concern you. Why should you answer for other people? Why does your opinion matter? Regardless of fans asking because they are hoping for an answer, if it ain't about you then don't make it so

2) be vague and mysterious and "who really knows", and here most people either don't know and gossip because they love the tea, or they do know and they are being uneccessarily vague which just annoys me, tbh. You don't have to out them, or hint at outing them, just don't bite the bait ffs. At this point you're just becoming as lowly as the people who try to get a reaction, like

3) be provocative or "scandalous" with claims, teasing and jabbing. Aka Shane, Onion and other people who try to act like they know, but they don't tell us hee hee. I can't understand how Phan, like actual true "they are actually in a relationship" Phan, has become this massive joke not just among Youtubers but even people from the BBC. :facepalm: If I was in a serious and loved relationship and people mocked me like that and I couldn't speak out because you have to just let it slide, I'd be so pissed tbh. If I was just friends and not actually with the other person then it's still rude because they KNOW they will get the attention of the fans who hear everything, and it's like when you have those people that say a horribly hurtful joke and you just have to be like "haha yeah" while internally sobbing. Or is that just me?

Like, this is why I can't take Shane seriously. Whether his claims have come true in the past or not, I can't take his word to heart when he purposely kicks the wasp's nest hoping for a buzz. He could be right, you know? I'm not denying the credibility of his claims. I'm denying his respect and his personality for making statements in the first place. If it's true, then it's not just him that's right, it's thousands of fans who believe they are together, it's Charlie who mocked them, the list is endless. He's not a special knowledge snowflake, and he sure as hell WILL act like "hah see I told you guys I was right!" if it gets outed eventually. That part irritates me. Fans who have supported and analysed deppy for years will still be obsessed fangirls but no, Shame Flopson is the one to credit for his revelation

*phew*

random
crusty sponge

Amiaw wrote: So we've had these comments from Shane, Louise's comment about their relationship "who really knows" and countless other pieces of confusing information. Either Dan and Phil have a great lawyer who makes sure their private info stays private, they are the nicest guys alive, or they are as confused about their relationship as we are and that's why there is no definitive answer on their relationship
Hi! Can you tell me when Louise said that by any chance? I only remember some other quote about spaces. Thank you.

This is probably really late, but here's my opinion on the Undertale episode.
Omg this is probably my favorite one so far haha. I lived for their wtf reaction to Omega Flowey, because that was literally me when I played. I wished they played Undertale more regularly after they started :roll: but the wait was still worth it. The Asgore battle looked tougher than I remembered and I really liked Dan's Asgore voice. I may be a fake fan but I really can't remember seeing Dan in that Skeleton sweater. I don't know if they were exaggerating their reactions, but watching them was really enjoyable. Return of Phil's Flowey voice! I don't know if it's just me, but I find how Phil made him Texan ridiculously funny in comparison to the voice I imagined when I played and jacksepticeye's voice when I watched him play.
Also, Dan and that save file memory! I relate to that on a personal level tbh. RIP level 51 Charizard. :lol:
I am Undertale trash, I am deppy trash. I have been looking forward to this episode and it delivered. :)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

random wrote:
Amiaw wrote: So we've had these comments from Shane, Louise's comment about their relationship "who really knows" and countless other pieces of confusing information. Either Dan and Phil have a great lawyer who makes sure their private info stays private, they are the nicest guys alive, or they are as confused about their relationship as we are and that's why there is no definitive answer on their relationship
Hi! Can you tell me when Louise said that by any chance? I only remember some other quote about spaces. Thank you.
there is probably someone who here that can correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was said that she said this at a playlist live a couple of years ago. I think it when she said to ask them about the "girl box" as well
papierklemmen
flower crown

Amiaw wrote:
random wrote:
there is probably someone who here that can correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was said that she said this at a playlist live a couple of years ago. I think it when she said to ask them about the "girl box" as well
yep, that's the one, and the girl box thing was confirmed true, however i remember seeing comments that she later denied ever saying "who really knows"? idk
random
crusty sponge

papierklemmen wrote:
Amiaw wrote:
random wrote:
yep, that's the one, and the girl box thing was confirmed true, however i remember seeing comments that she later denied ever saying "who really knows"? idk
Okay thanks. I was a bit confused because Louise never seemed like the type to hint at Phan. I assumed she was joking or something.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

(ik they just posted a video but i'm on a bus so i'm still gonna say what i wanted to say)

i honestly think that the only thing keeping said line in place is that not even the worst people on youtube want to be known as 'the person who outed dan and phil' and kill their career, so that's why they play the hinting game and profit on those phandom clicks

also, don't quote me on this bc my long term memory is non existent, but i think louise not only denied it but went on a mild freak out on tumblr that included answering direct phan questions and making her likes private, a bit of an overreaction for something she never said if you ask me
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
lishachi
eclipse shirt

kinda loving the pink on dan and loving the monochrome on phil, they were so cute in this video i was clutching my chest alot (and bc its tense 'af' jesus christ)
:biflag: :blackheart:
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Dan is a little shit.

This video is terrible.

Especially the ending, it was so sweet that I am suing.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

gnostic
stress mushroom

"Don't move your arm" or you could start sitting with more than half an inch between you two idk
Just here for the marketing skills
iero
phabergé

crossy road
first of all: DAN LOOKS SO GOOD IN PINK. they both looked rlly good here
-out of all the games they could play.. they pick crossyroad. not the best game to watch someone play but they still made it enjoyable. my highlight was deffo dan grabbing phil's thumb to buy the elf, wow dan.
8:19 phil was so adorable here, i can't believe dan died on the first car lmao
them leaning in together so they could both see the phone i am not ashamed. also i'm happy phil won .
undertale
i feel like one of the remaining few who's fav vids they do are undertale. as someone who's never played the game i had to try to keep myself from watching spoilers and i'm so glad i did. that boss was terrifying and their reactions were so hilarious.
looking forward to the last episode, i've seen people say the final ending is even better so i'm anticipating it!
Last edited by iero on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melon lord
morning quiff

Dan's one step was so fateful like it was freaking destiny to end it on one step I laughed so hard :lol:

What a riveting end to 2k16 and Dan what a sore loser (jk cause I'm like that too I'd be off crying in a corner if I lost)

nephilimcat
woodland creature

The first half was boring but the second half and especially the cute ending brought it back for me. Not one of their best videos, but still cute and
Phil won despite Dan's unfair methods and all or nothing

This means final Undertale tomorrow and Festive Dil on Saturday, I guess.
pulvis et umbra sumus
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Something I noticed in the 2nd best friends quiz and this video- they made it a point to show that they have to unlock their own phones ...

Also got the impression they weren't alone when they filmed this

(It was still entertaining though and yes to Phil winning and the dark jumper )
papierklemmen
flower crown

... what a weird ass video. idek.

how many times can one use the word "mate" in one freaking video? was that a guinness world record right there? matey matey MATE mate mate

Amiaw lol yeah i noticed that too i guess they've seen all the "d'aww they have each others touch ids saved on their phones, that's trust right there!!!" and decided to put those rumors to rest
Last edited by papierklemmen on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gnostic
stress mushroom

papierklemmen wrote:... what a weird ass video. idek.

how many times can one use the word "mate" in one freaking video? was that a guinness world record right there? matey matey MATE mate mate
Everyone who heard actually mates use "matey matey" unironically, raise your hands for the recount
Just here for the marketing skills
melon lord
morning quiff

Amiaw wrote:Something I noticed in the 2nd best friends quiz and this video- they made it a point to show that they have to unlock their own phones ...

What gives you that impression? I was too busy squeeing over their interactions to notice :lol:

I hate the boys, they made me download the game to my own phone now so I can play :sideeye:

MoonPride
moon room

Amiaw wrote:Something I noticed in the 2nd best friends quiz and this video- they made it a point to show that they have to unlock their own phones ...

Secret long term girlfriends waiting in the lounge for them :lol:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed that vid, not a fave of mine but still liked watching it.
Also happy that Phil won , and that they are now tied.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

melon lord wrote:

What gives you that impression? I was too busy squeeing over their interactions to notice :lol:

I hate the boys, they made me download the game to my own phone now so I can play :sideeye:
Phil's "everyone be quiet" and both Dan and Phil's repeated glances to their left?
lishachi
eclipse shirt

iero wrote: undertale
i feel like one of the remaining few who's fav vids they do are undertale. as someone who's never played the game i had to try to keep myself from watching spoilers and i'm so glad i did. that boss was terrifying and their reactions were so hilarious.
looking forward to the last episode, i've seen people say the final ending is even better so i'm anticipating it!
im so looking forward to it!! the final ending is so much better too. excited
papierklemmen wrote:... what a weird ass video. idek.

at the beginning of gamingmas they just kind of used it sparsely right? have they used it so much in previous videos? i don't remember if so, didn't notice til the 2nd watch, maybe they know that we've caught on to it so they're doing it more to fuck with us idk

btw 11:41-11:47.... just end me now, they're so cute. i got kinda...flirty vibes from this? like i was smiling so much just how they interacted. also literally every video im focused on phil and not dan, idk why but he is so endearing lately
glad phil won :D
sentinel
lady door

What a strange video????? I have nothing else to add that's it it was so weird?

Amiaw wrote:
melon lord wrote:

Phil's "everyone be quiet" and both Dan and Phil's repeated glances to their left?

The monitor is there, they have become increasingly bad at looking at it. I've been constantly annoyed.
Last edited by sentinel on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

Amiaw wrote:
melon lord wrote:

isn't their second monitor to their left? they check it frequently i think, isn't it the facecam? correct me if im wrong :D