Dan & Phil Part 34: It's a post-baking universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Sharing a thought to make people more anxious about 2017 than they already are because I'm evil and like to share the misery..

If they're not together. And taking it slow career wise in 2017.. wouldn't that kinda be a perfect year for them to pursue a relationship? The boys could start dating people now that they're not constantly busy with other obligations besides YouTube like radio shows, books, tours.. D&P gonna have their most laid back time period since the Manchester half of 2012, they'd actually have the time to squeeze dating into their schedule now.

who can fix my phan goggles they appear to be broken
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote:who can fix my phan goggles they appear to be broken
That actually made me laugh. I wish I knew how, because man, all I see is how blissfully happy Dan and Phil have been with each other throughout the whole month of December - really, this whole past year, but actually showing us in December. And that makes it literally impossible for me to imagine that going in a direction of them moving apart.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Catallena wrote:Sharing a thought to make people more anxious about 2017 than they already are because I'm evil and like to share the misery..

If they're not together. And taking it slow career wise in 2017.. wouldn't that kinda be a perfect year for them to pursue a relationship? The boys could start dating people now that they're not constantly busy with other obligations besides YouTube like radio shows, books, tours.. D&P gonna have their most laid back time period since the Manchester half of 2012, they'd actually have the time to squeeze dating into their schedule now.

I only view this as a positive. If they don't move and they are relaxed in 2017, but nobody in the entirety of the phandom catches them on a single date, I'll just consider my phan goggles more secure.

karma_yeah
philussy

jesuisunèléve wrote:I can't help but think:

I wonder if Phil's selfie was for a Tinder profile/other dating app profile?
IMHO:
secretagentphan wrote:
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the "Phan was originally together then broke up and remained friends" theory. My brother and his ex are still VERY close (they're even roommates still) and they went out for like 3 years, and have been broken up for about 6 and have been living together for like 7 years. They were such a couple that their friends even referred to them as one person. Then they cheated on eachother and ended it. They're now seeing different people but remain roommates. They call eachother hetero-platonic soulmates lol.

Obviously this is an out of the ordinary case so it's not accurate to apply it to deppy, but I'm saying it IS possible. Especially because around the time Dan and Phil were speculated to break up, they just started their time with BBC. Obviously Dan and Phil are also completely different personality types from my brother and his ex so who knows. I personally kind of think they're still dating? But I can't help but kind of believe the "they broke up" theory because of my background lol. If they move out TOGETHER that will confirm phan for me, but I don't want to prematurely celebrate incase they move apart.
I appreciate that you see that your brother's situation is "out of the ordinary" and therefore not applicable to .

I think the key words in the scenario you described are (bolded above): "They're now seeing different people." There is ZERO credible evidence of Dan or Phil dating anyone, in 7 years. (disclaimer: sure, we don't see the majority of their lives, anything is possible, etc.)
What goes around, comes around Image
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote:
Catallena wrote:who can fix my phan goggles they appear to be broken
That actually made me laugh. I wish I knew how, because man, all I see is how blissfully happy Dan and Phil have been with each other throughout the whole month of December - really, this whole past year, but actually showing us in December. And that makes it literally impossible for me to imagine that going in a direction of them moving apart.
Don't worry, the same goes for me 95% of the time especially this month. :D They've been too cute

But if they aren't together and looking to pursue a relationship with someone (that isn't each other) after 7+ years of celibacy.. Me think that 2017 is the year it's gonna happen. Not necessarily the year we'd know though.
rizzo wrote:
Catallena wrote:Sharing a thought to make people more anxious about 2017 than they already are because I'm evil and like to share the misery..

I only view this as a positive. If they don't move and they are relaxed in 2017, but nobody in the entirety of the phandom catches them on a single date, I'll just consider my phan goggles more secure.
Fair enough :lol:
Last edited by Catallena on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
000dia000
emo goose

I'm kind of weird with this thought. I like seeing them happy and even though they are already each other's lap-dogs and the idea of pursuing a romantic relationship (lol) is unlikely.
:cactus:
melon lord
morning quiff

000dia000 wrote:tbh the speculation that these photos are for dating apps..is a little far-fetched. However, I am amused by the theory that somebody could test out good selfies for a dating website with their loyal internet fanbase (lol that idea sounds like a wacky fanfiction I would stop reading half-way through).

Also, isn't it customary when someone is using a dating app, to avoid catfishing, they retrace their profile picture back into the Google Image Search engine and find it's source? Even if it was the true Dan/Phil on these dating apps, the person using it would automatically assume they're being duped.

Maybe this is why they've been single for seven years lol :P

I will go down with my Danesh ship

after all this time?

always

secretagentphan
procrastinator

Okay I watched a few phan compilation videos my phan goggles are back to being cemented to my face where they belong. They're in love u guys trust me *knock on wood*

If Dan and Phil really are moving out this year when do you guys think they'll do it? What no homo excuses do you think they'll make if they move in together? (I know they're not really no homo anymore but I'm expecting some no homo excuses just to protect their privacy IF they do buy a house together)
psychicmoth
living flop

secretagentphan wrote:Okay I watched a few phan compilation videos my phan goggles are back to being cemented to my face where they belong. They're in love u guys trust me *knock on wood*

If Dan and Phil really are moving out this year when do you guys think they'll do it? What no homo excuses do you think they'll make if they move in together? (I know they're not really no homo anymore but I'm expecting some no homo excuses just to protect their privacy IF they do buy a house together)
I think they might tell us about why they are moving, but not why together. They might do a live show and talk about how they got that house, how they desperately needed storage, how they found this amazing offer, because, you know, a house is a safe investment and so on. But I think they will never explain us why together.
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
coldnnights
tol bean

I'm so glued to the thought of Dan and Phil living together that i can't really imagine them deciding to separate next year. :lol: It's possible, though. Let's just hope they move in together and get a dog I do think they will be more relaxed since tatinof is over, etc. But we'll see what happens since 2017 is almost here!
That's sum good phuel for my demon phannie needs
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Maya wrote:
secretagentphan wrote:Okay I watched a few phan compilation videos my phan goggles are back to being cemented to my face where they belong. They're in love u guys trust me *knock on wood*

I think they might tell us about why they are moving, but not why together. They might do a live show and talk about how they got that house, how they desperately needed storage, how they found this amazing offer, because, you know, a house is a safe investment and so on. But I think they will never explain us why together.
That's what I'm thinking too. They have already started planting excuses with this whole #storagegate
coldnnights wrote:I'm so glued to the thought of Dan and Phil living together that i can't really imagine them deciding to separate next year. :lol: It's possible, though. Let's just hope they move in together and get a dog I do think they will be more relaxed since tatinof is over, etc. But we'll see what happens since 2017 is almost here!
*knocks on wood for you* but nah honestly me too. If they end up moving separately then all of this sudden branding as one and acting domestic af must be for their twisted revenge or something. (Now there's a phan theory lol)
PhilsEyelash
phillion/danosaur <//3

I joined so I can comment. I've been lurking for the past month or more.

Personally I'm a fan who goes through stages of being "into" D&P. (I notice they're called deppy here...interesting! I never heard that elsewhere. )

So sometimes I've gotten really deep into the fandom and other times I'm just a casual viewer. I'm more of a Phil fan, when they're doing separate videos. But I do love their interaction.

Definitely enjoy reading all the analysis here, and it seems like a friendly and thoughtful place for great discussions.

I dove pretty deep into their history last year and came to the conclusion they were definitely together...but I also felt kind of creepy about it, tbh.

Gamingmas has been a wonderful break from real life stress for me, and I'm sad it's over. Love the fact that they seem more silly/open/productive lately!!

(Maybe they learned just how hard they can work from the tour, and have been trying to transfer those work habits to YT?? IDK)

Anyway the main reason I finally took the plunge to join is bc I wanted to ask if anyone had seen this vid. Is it legit?? I can't watch the UK captions so I don't now if I'm being trolled or not.

[Can't post the link, but it's Turn on UK captions for PINOF 8 !!!
by Danyul Waddup on Youtube]

Also regarding
them being together. I still see it. Sometimes I get hints of "just friends" and I always doubt myself a little then and wonder if I'm just seeing what I want to see. But overall, their interaction, I believe in them as a couple. I'm not ashamed of that but I'm a little embarrassed to be invested in it.

I don't read fic, but I've read a lot of analysis of them over the years, and who knows how many hours I've spend on their videos?? But I will say real life issues have been such that I desperately needed them sometimes and the distraction really helps.

I just want to say that... the vday vid getting unprivated had to be devastating for Philip. I don't think he could cope with it on an emotional level and I think that's why Daniel went full on no-homo-don't-mention-it bc he was trying to protect Phil & didn't know how.

I'm glad they didn't leave YouTube / completely distance themselves from each other bc of it. That had to be a huge test of everything. They got through it without ultimately changing who they were, IMO. I'm glad they're not so stressed about showing affection lately.

I have a lot of thoughts / feelings on the subject srry.

Also after I bought their first book my mom took one look at the cover and asked me if they were a couple...so I can join in the legion of fans whose parents automatically think they're a couple. TBH she came to that conclusion far faster than I did! :D
Anyway I'm really glad I stumbled across this board bc it seems to hold a lot of interesting / thoughtful / mature discussion on the subject I'm still devoted to after all this time. (Not THAT kind of mature!!)

Thanks for being here hope I can take part without going off the rails. :gg:
papierklemmen
flower crown

i find it weird that a lot of people think the only alternative to being in a long-term relationship is celibacy. a lot of people, esp busy ones, casually date (1-2 months), have fuck buddies or have one night stands... etc. i wouldnt put it past deppy to just be more careful with who they sleep with, lol, as opposed to, let's say, joe sugg who has also been "single" for the last 84 years.
not that i think that it's what they're doing, but there are always more options than just 0 and 100.
Truth_or_cliche
delia smith

If Dan uses the "I hate living alone because I can't use Phil as a human shield if I get attacked by a serial killer" excuse he's used before I will literally laugh myself to death.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

PhilsEyelash wrote: Anyway the main reason I finally took the plunge to join is bc I wanted to ask if anyone had seen this vid. Is it legit?? I can't watch the UK captions so I don't now if I'm being trolled or not.

:welcome:
Here's the vid:
I can't see the UK captions on PINOF8 either, but I don't think you're being trolled. Though, I doubt the captions get approved by Phil, like the uploader is suggesting. I think they're just community captions that anyone in the UK can change, so you get stuff like these pictures from people who think they're being funny by messing with the captions that those with hearing problems and who don't know English well rely on. Pretty tasteless thing to do.
psychicmoth
living flop

mysterylovescompany wrote:
PhilsEyelash wrote: Anyway the main reason I finally took the plunge to join is bc I wanted to ask if anyone had seen this vid. Is it legit?? I can't watch the UK captions so I don't now if I'm being trolled or not.

:welcome:
Here's the vid:
I can't see the UK captions on PINOF8 either, but I don't think you're being trolled. Though, I doubt the captions get approved by Phil, like the uploader is suggesting. I think they're just community captions that anyone in the UK can change, so you get stuff like these pictures from people who think they're being funny by messing with the captions that those with hearing problems and who don't know English well rely on. Pretty tasteless thing to do.
This & According to Google Support website:
Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6052538?hl=en wrote:"[...]
MANAGE COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS
Once closed captions or subtitles are submitted, the content goes through a review process. YouTube moderates these submissions for spam and inappropriate content, while getting input from you and your community.

When enough people contribute captions or subtitles for a video, your community is prompted to help review the content (instead of adding to it). When that submission gets enough reviews, it's automatically approved for the video. This saves you time and lets your community experts help in their language.
[...]
Yup, apparently those captions were automatically published, but some people thought that Phil had approved them and that’s why they lost their minds.

Poor Phil, even during his holidays he can't have some peace.

Welcome PhilsEyelash btw!
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
PhilsEyelash
phillion/danosaur <//3

Ah thanks! It was bugging me not knowing!
(TBH it doesn't really seem like their style either...)

(Thanks Maya!) :-)
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

[offtopic]hi guys, I've been having a pretty crap december complete with not being able to go see my family for the holidays because of the visa issues, so I'm currently stuck alone in a foreign country and working through the whole festive season, but Gamingmas and especially reading you guys on the forum every day, even if it's the same are they/aren't they discussion for the Nth time :lol: (and stalking you on twitter, guilty as charged, but I'm a nice stalker, I promise, I won't ever try talking to you) fills me with determination, you can't even imagine, thank you all so much [/offtopic]

More on topic (vaguely), a couple of stray observations about the last Undertale, because I can:

Everything about the date with Alphys thing is perfect, but even more than Dan's reaction to "platonic", I love his side glance and "Does she?" during Alphys' "[Undyne] thinks I'm a lot cooler than I actually am", I can't help but wonder if he's projecting and if so, who's who... I know, I know, I'm prone to seeing things, just let me be a happy trash for a while

Re: Phil using "she" about the child in the end, what is it with Deppy and occasional heteronormativity? Like, after all that in 2012-13, they've been quite good with using gender neutral pronouns, and I was recently very surprised when I thought I heard Dan saying "I'm turning all the girls off right now" in his last ls during one of the latter nerdy rants - turns out, he said "turning all of you off", but it would've been a completely normal thing for him to say in 2012 (how the boy has grown). But in both tsundere (in one of the Undertale videos) and yandere (in the yandere simulator) cases Dan only talked about stereotypical girls in anime and Phil had to ask if a boy could be tsundere/yandere, yet he was the one who switched pronouns in that terrible horrible god awful chimpbot video :sideeye: (it was this year!) and just now used "she" for Frisk? Does it mean they haven't really internalized the good progressive way of thinking about gender (you know what I mean), do they really believe it or more like do it for the sake of their audience ? Idk, bothers me a bit (disclaimer: not accusing them of anything, it's just an observation and me trying to analyze what kind of people they are)
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
papierklemmen
flower crown

mysterylovescompany wrote: Here's the vid:
re: those captions ^

there was apparently some drama in the phandom because of those? cause they got automatically published but then phil deleted them and phandom police got mad that someone tried this shit (and phil noticed).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

papierklemmen wrote:i find it weird that a lot of people think the only alternative to being in a long-term relationship is celibacy. a lot of people, esp busy ones, casually date (1-2 months), have fuck buddies or have one night stands... etc. i wouldnt put it past deppy to just be more careful with who they sleep with, lol, as opposed to, let's say, joe sugg who has also been "single" for the last 84 years.
not that i think that it's what they're doing, but there are always more options than just 0 and 100.
..It was a joke. :roll:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fancybum
senpai

coffeepenguin wrote: Re: Phil using "she" about the child in the end, what is it with Deppy and occasional heteronormativity? Like, after all that in 2012-13, they've been quite good with using gender neutral pronouns, and I was recently very surprised when I thought I heard Dan saying "I'm turning all the girls off right now" in his last ls during one of the latter nerdy rants - turns out, he said "turning all of you off", but it would've been a completely normal thing for him to say in 2012 (how the boy has grown). But in both tsundere (in one of the Undertale videos) and yandere (in the yandere simulator) cases Dan only talked about stereotypical girls in anime and Phil had to ask if a boy could be tsundere/yandere, yet he was the one who switched pronouns in that terrible horrible god awful chimpbot video :sideeye: (it was this year!) and just now used "she" for Frisk? Does it mean they haven't really internalized the good progressive way of thinking about gender (you know what I mean), do they really believe it or more like do it for the sake of their audience ? Idk, bothers me a bit (disclaimer: not accusing them of anything, it's just an observation and me trying to analyze what kind of people they are)
They're human people and like all of us have grown up brainwashed with gender roles and binary gender terms. A couple of slips with pronouns or assumptions ('long hair + Frisk=girl' I guess is what we're getting at for Phil slipping there when it could have been a simple word flub) seems like small beans to start questioning their integrity as people. Like if you never have moments where you misspeak, then congrats, but for most people it's a constant process of retraining your way of thinking since we're beaten over the head daily with heteronormative media and a society who accept it like oxygen. "do they really believe it or do it for the sake of their audience" I mean. What is with the influx of 'are they lying about being decent understanding people to con their audience' the last few days. They fuck up sometimes sure and if there's a pattern of something problematic then call it out all damn day, but this constant sneaking suspicion that at a base level they're putting up something fake-- beyond just a persona, but like faking actual human decency, I just don't really get it. I don't remember what Dan said about the tsundere in Undertale, but for the yandere simulator the game is about a crazed anime girl stereotype, so faulting Dan for focusing on that aspect is a bit :/. Like these few specific things stood out enough to mention as out of the norm for their general attitude over several years, and those are enough to question whether they're just putting it all on for their audience? It seems like they're being held to an impossible standard lately.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

busy being happy~