Dan & Phil Part 35: knock knock, who’s there, i hate you

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
MoonPride
moon room

pearshaped34 wrote:
MoonPride wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:^ Oh good. Well not good as it's still wrong but it being an adult is definitely less unsettling. Thanks for that.
It's sharing photos of her young daughter I'm not comfortable with.
Oh so the picture was the daughter but the account her mums. Yeah you're right it is the idea of someone sharing pictures of someone else's child on social media without their consent or knowledge is very unsettling. :?
No the photo was of the horse she or her kid made, nobody was in the photo, but people who found the account apparently posted photos of her daughter.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Thanks for clarifying mysterylovescompany and MoonPride. I'm going to get off the topic now as to not drag this discussion on as I feel focusing on this is not going to help matters.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

MoonPride wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:
MoonPride wrote:
pearshaped34 wrote:^ Oh good. Well not good as it's still wrong but it being an adult is definitely less unsettling. Thanks for that.
It's sharing photos of her young daughter I'm not comfortable with.
Oh so the picture was the daughter but the account her mums. Yeah you're right it is the idea of someone sharing pictures of someone else's child on social media without their consent or knowledge is very unsettling. :?
No the photo was of the horse she or her kid made, nobody was in the photo, but people who found the account apparently posted photos of her daughter.
This remind me when Dan accidentally took a selfie with what might be Emily hair behind him in their kitchen :lol:
malday
emo goose

sorry to ask but, these are the same friends whose wedding deppy went to together, correct?
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

malday wrote:sorry to ask but, these are the same friends whose wedding deppy went to together, correct?
Yes
MoonPride
moon room

Looking at the selfie Dan posted yesterday again, he has either been crying, hungover or just had sex :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I thought he just looks a little tired, tbh.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote:I thought he just looks a little tired, tbh.
I think he looks a little tired, yeah. And in terms of Dan, not even the worst kind of tired, literally just like he needs a nap or to go to bed early. (Which could make perfect sense if he's been 'hibernating' and his sleep schedule is fucked, then they stayed overnight at someone else's house and he had to get up early with little rest.)
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

MoonPride wrote:Looking at the selfie Dan posted yesterday again, he has either been crying, hungover or just had sex :lol:
He just looks tired to me, and he probably did have some alcohol the night before, with it having been new years.
anathema
morning quiff

BisexualShoeMarriage wrote:
MoonPride wrote:Looking at the selfie Dan posted yesterday again, he has either been crying, hungover or just had sex :lol:
He just looks tired to me, and he probably did have some alcohol the night before, with it having been new years.
I thought he just looked tired too, it was one of the first things I said to my friend about the photo. And while I'm sure he had some alcohol, I feel like it wouldn't have been enough to be majorly hungover (considering the fact he did crafts all night, allegedly with a friend's young daughter).
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

I have a silly question to help move the topic along -

Both D and P said the dog kissed them at midnight. Does that count as an indirect kiss?

:gg:
cold-tea
delia smith

Artdefines06 wrote:I have a silly question to help move the topic along -

Both D and P said the dog kissed them at midnight. Does that count as an indirect kiss?

The dog probably interrupted their kiss
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

cold-tea wrote:

I don't actually believe that either of them was licked by the dog at midnight. I think that while they're happy to tell us they spent new year's together with some of Phil's old friends, we're being asked to believe that they didn't kiss at midnight. That's where they put the boundary for how much they want to share in this particular instance. I think "the dog licked my face" is what they agreed to reply if they were asked by a fan who/what/whether they kissed as the year changed, and maybe they didn't realise they'd both answered the question until after both tweets had been sent.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

BisexualShoeMarriage wrote:
cold-tea wrote:

I don't actually believe that either of them was licked by the dog at midnight. I think that while they're happy to tell us they spent new year's together with some of Phil's old friends, we're being asked to believe that they didn't kiss at midnight. That's where they put the boundary for how much they want to share in this particular instance. I think "the dog licked my face" is what they agreed to reply if they were asked by a fan who/what/whether they kissed as the year changed, and maybe they didn't realise they'd both answered the question until after both tweets had been sent.
This, or they didn't consult and just went with the same joke because they are the same person.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
Winston
flower crown

Speaking of old friends. We know they hang out and are close with a bunch (3 couples) that all originated with phil. Do they hang out with any of Dan’s old friends? Just curious. I don’t think I have ever heard of them if they do? I was thinking about their friends they have yesterday (that we know of) i just find the dynamic interesting. Needless to say my goggles are strapped on thight because of it. :)
actions speak louder than words
PhilsEyelash
phillion/danosaur <//3

I'm not sure Dan would feel comfortable sharing any childhood/lifelong friends with us. He's said previously he didn't have friends who "liked him best" (or something like that?), so not feeling close at the time to people, he may not have maintained those friendships very well. Some people don't hold onto friendships forever. (Most of us don't? IDK)

His friends from university may all be lawyers now...if so he might not always want to hang out with them. Or perhaps it's just something he'd prefer not to share. I'm honestly surprised they share as much as they with with their rabid fans.
MoonPride
moon room

PhilsEyelash wrote:I'm not sure Dan would feel comfortable sharing any childhood/lifelong friends with us. He's said previously he didn't have friends who "liked him best" (or something like that?), so not feeling close at the time to people, he may not have maintained those friendships very well. Some people don't hold onto friendships forever. (Most of us don't? IDK)

His friends from university may all be lawyers now...if so he might not always want to hang out with them. Or perhaps it's just something he'd prefer not to share. I'm honestly surprised they share as much as they with with their rabid fans.
I don't think Dan built any strong friendships with anyone he met in Uni if I'm honest. He was always with Phil.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Dan has talked about meeting up with old friends every now and then. One time was back in a live show from early 2013 when he talked about how he hung out with his old friends over Xmas break or something and they got super wasted and dan stole a glass? And most recently he mentioned seeing old friends was the time back in summer 2015 when he tweeted something about keeping secrets a secret. That was when he met up with an old friend and asked her how everyone was doing and she just told him all this drama about this person and that person (he explained it in a live show). I'd assume he does see them every now and then but just doesn't mention seeing his old friends a lot.
I too find it interesting though how somehow all of Phil's friends have seemingly become Dan's friends as well but not the other way around.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
secretagentphan
procrastinator

I was legit going to make that joke but shit got too real omg I'm glad someone did :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Re the dog licking them, it's still entirely possible it did. We probably can take things they say at face value. It's sad to think something as innocuous as that must actually be a euphemism and deflector shield against all of us thinking something else.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

MoonPride wrote:
PhilsEyelash wrote:I'm not sure Dan would feel comfortable sharing any childhood/lifelong friends with us. He's said previously he didn't have friends who "liked him best" (or something like that?), so not feeling close at the time to people, he may not have maintained those friendships very well. Some people don't hold onto friendships forever. (Most of us don't? IDK)

I don't think Dan built any strong friendships with anyone he met in Uni if I'm honest. He was always with Phil.
I remember Dan mentioning once that he had a lot of things in common with some guy in his uni halls but he never really made an effort to become friends and that he kinda regretted that.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
DatCog
blobfish

:D :D
melon lord
morning quiff

DatCog wrote: :D :D
Imagine if he went to interview a random, really tall furry and it was a young, male British voice

majitzu
angel bean

itsonlybeth
sofa crease

majitzu wrote:
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~