Dan & Phil Part 35: knock knock, who’s there, i hate you

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
MoonPride
moon room

anathema wrote:
MoonPride wrote:
squishydanny wrote:
MoonPride wrote:I have a theory that Dan did actually go to the IOM after Boxing Day for a few days and they flew to Manchester for NYE before heading back to London on New Years Day and those tweets about being in the man cave/snacks etc from him and Phil were just to throw us off the scent. I can't see why Phil would travel back to London only to travel up North again a day or so later.
Hmmm, I had this theory for a bit as well- but it makes no sense. The flight from London to Phils parents house is about an hour so its not impractical for him to fly back to London, and then travel back north with Dan for NYE. Also, Dan and Phil know how much of a following they have, and lying about that with a huge potential of a fan seeing them would just be stupid. I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility, but if you think about their chances of getting caught in a lie (saying they're somewhere and being elsewhere), the theory just doesn't hold.
But they haven't lied if they made it to Manchester from IOM without being caught. They could of waited to send those tweets until they was safe from being seen by a fan. I dunno. It just seems like a hassle to travel back and forwards and would of been easier for Dan to just go IOM from Reading then Phil travelling here there and everywhere only to end up back North a day later.

If they had been caught in IOM I think the tweets would of been different.
Why would Phil lie? If he hadn't've posted anything about being "back home," we wouldn't have found it suspicious, would we? Also, let's just say that Phil didn't go home between Christmas and NYE. Why would Dan have gone to IoM just to go to Manchester? As far as I know, we have no proof D&P were together between Christmas and NYE (technically, we don't even have proof Dan was in London). If Phil stayed in IoM, Dan still could've been home alone, or even still at his parents house. I don't see why it being sort of unlikely (but not really) that Phil went to London = Dan went to IoM so they could travel to Manchester together.
(Also, they would've been going from IoM to Manchester the 31st (I doubt they were there before that) so the "lying because they didn't get caught theory" doesn't add up with their tweets )
I'm only implying that because everyone on Twitter was second guessing that Dan had gone to IOM because he was so quiet over Christmas, so if he had gone then maybe telling a little white lie about being back at home on the 30th would stop people speculating or I dunno looking out for them in that area. This is my just my opinion because I really don't see the point of Phil flying to London then the next day travelling 4 hours by train back up North unless he left IOM a few days before the 30th. And lets be real it's not like they haven't lied about stuff before.
Truth_or_cliche
delia smith

jesuisunèléve wrote:
:D I have that song stuck in my head now thanks lol

NYE theory: It may also be that they wanted to go home and chill between so much human interaction. Sleep in their own beds, repack. Things like that, but I also find it weird that he would go home then back north for such a short time. Seems like a waste of time and money

#phandivorce I hate to break it to y'all, but #phandivorce occurred years ago. They haven't moved out yet because it's taking them ages to sort through and assign ownership to the mountains of plushies and stuffed toys that they own. By my estimations they should be finished and ready to move out separately around December 3016.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

Truth_or_cliche wrote: #phandivorce I hate to break it to y'all, but #phandivorce occurred years ago. They haven't moved out yet because it's taking them ages to sort through and assign ownership to the mountains of plushies and stuffed toys that they own. By my estimations they should be finished and ready to move out separately around December 3016.
um i personally think dan has already moved out. this is why we haven't seen his room for such a long time: phil is using it as a gigantic sock drawer now and only allows dan to use the living room as a set for his videos to keep up the charade. dan lives in a lovely appartment with tons of storage together with three (3) shibes phil is not allowed to interact with. as soon as we get to see dan's room again this will inevitably mean that phil has moved out as well in order to acquire a corgi and that their old apartment has been fully transformed into a film set.
thank's you were great
MoonPride
moon room

lurker wrote:
Truth_or_cliche wrote: #phandivorce I hate to break it to y'all, but #phandivorce occurred years ago. They haven't moved out yet because it's taking them ages to sort through and assign ownership to the mountains of plushies and stuffed toys that they own. By my estimations they should be finished and ready to move out separately around December 3016.
um i personally think dan has already moved out. this is why we haven't seen his room for such a long time: phil is using it as a gigantic sock drawer now and only allows dan to use the living room as a set for his videos to keep up the charade. dan lives in a lovely appartment with tons of storage together with three (3) shibes phil is not allowed to interact with. as soon as we get to see dan's room again this will inevitably mean that phil has moved out as well in order to acquire a corgi and that their old apartment has been fully transformed into a film set.

confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

[offtopic]I know most of us are pretty done with Felix and his problematic ways (I know I am for sure) but in his video he put out today where for once, it wasn't problematic but it about how some people constantly force positivity and happiness on YouTube was really interesting and I couldn't help but think of deppy. Not that they are constantly forcing positivity and happiness, as for the most part it isn't actually forced, but sometimes it does feel that way with certain things.
Though, what I don't agree with is the idea that positivity and happiness is only used for personal gain on YouTube from many youtubers. Because some people just want to be a positive influence. I mean the negative people get more views all the time and they are purposely being negative. So it goes both way I guess
Here's felix's video for anyone interested.
[YouTube]http://youtu.be/iyGI1uHyyws[/YouTube]
I can't link it right as I'm on mobile ahh sorry!!
[/offtopic]
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
pearshaped34
morning quiff

melon lord wrote:[offtopic]About NYE, I kind of wonder why they didn't spend it with wirrow and bryony, I mean, they are the two standard friends they do anything with and it sounded odd when one of them mentioned that no friend invited them to anything :? Isn't nye supposed to be a "hallmark" outing with your good friends to welcome the new year? Why would they spend it with offline friends who they apparently don't see that often (admittedly have no receipts to back my claim), rather than the two people they do everything with? Or was it because of location convenience? I honestly don't know cause like, spending time with them sure ok, but I thought NYE is ~important~ or whatever[/offtopic]
Just to throw my two cents into this I based my NYE plans this year not on where the people I love most in the world were going but on which event would be easiest to get home from at the end of the night. And last year I went to see an old friend in Edinburgh just because she invited me and I've never done New Year there before. I like the people I was with both years of course but I wouldn't consider them to be my nearest and dearest friends.
NYE holds zero sentimental value to me personally and I think most people I know aren't really bothered about it on more than a superficial let have a party level.

Maybe Dan and Phil feel similar and New Years Eve is not that big of deal so it's more of a case of who asks them to do something first.

Re: travel As someone else said IOM to London is about an hour flight and London to Manchester is about 2 hrs and 20 on the train. To me that's not that much extra travel that going home in-between would be out of the question.
MoonPride
moon room

pearshaped34 wrote:
melon lord wrote:[offtopic]About NYE, I kind of wonder why they didn't spend it with wirrow and bryony, I mean, they are the two standard friends they do anything with and it sounded odd when one of them mentioned that no friend invited them to anything :? Isn't nye supposed to be a "hallmark" outing with your good friends to welcome the new year? Why would they spend it with offline friends who they apparently don't see that often (admittedly have no receipts to back my claim), rather than the two people they do everything with? Or was it because of location convenience? I honestly don't know cause like, spending time with them sure ok, but I thought NYE is ~important~ or whatever[/offtopic]

Re: travel As someone else said IOM to London is about an hour flight and London to Manchester is about 2 hrs and 20 on the train. To me that's not that much extra travel that going home in-between would be out of the question.
That isn't including travel to and from the Airport etc, that is a lot of travelling in the space of a two days.

I guess we will never know
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

He heard us talking
Wow. He certainly looks snug wrapped up in that. Feel warm yet?
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote:He heard us talking
Violet Witch
dank meme

IDB was the first thing I thought of when he posted! He definitely lurks
000dia000
emo goose

I mean, Tumblr has similar opinions but this was another weird one that corresponded with a topic :?
:cactus:
iero
phabergé

dan lurking confirmed
i hope he takes more pics from that angle
violet-writer
living flop

After watching PewdiePie video today about 'forced positivity' on YT, this tweet was just... extra funny.

I tried to embed the video - didn't work. But it's his most recent one, and worth a watch!
when you first saw her-beauty, the dream- the human vortex of your life- or him - did you stop, and stand in the crisp air, breathing like a tree? did you change your life?

~ mary oliver
MoonPride
moon room

Oh Dan!

Credit to Phil for taking such a good photo though :lol:
isabella
butt chair

i know he's taking the piss and it's not that deep but i hope he doesn't actually think he should put a positive filter on things. i can't speak for his mental health/how genuine the "sad" tweets are but as someone who deals with depression a lot, i understand the humour/coping mechanism that can come from jokes like that. again, not implying that's how he's using them. i do actually hope he's fine and it's just more of his self-deprecating sense of humour. idk this post is a mess but basically if he really isn't that happy right now, it bothers me that he's seeing so many people calling his sad "branding" fake/annoying. normal people go through ups and downs. i guess i just don't see everything he does as branding just because it corresponds with something he's said before.

also pewdiepie posted an interesting video today about forced positivity on yt that i really agree with and this tweet may have also been a joke about that.
MoonPride
moon room

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+optical_ima ... 1157641333

Looks like this is Dan's new blanket.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

violet-writer wrote:After watching PewdiePie video today about 'forced positivity' on YT, this tweet was just... extra funny.

I tried to embed the video - didn't work. But it's his most recent one, and worth a watch!
Here's the PewDiePie video. I haven't watched it but a couple people have mentioned it now.

For future reference, here's how you embed a YouTube video:
1) Use the full (not mobile) link — it should start with "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=," not "http://youtu.be/" or anything
2) Delete the "s" at the end of "https"
3) Make sure there is no extra stuff like a timecode or something at the end of the link
4) Put the link between the youtube tags [YouTube] and [/YouTube]
Voila!
(for more info you can check the forum FAQs)
busy being happy~
Truth_or_cliche
delia smith

MoonPride wrote:http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+optical_ima ... 1157641333

Looks like this is Dan's new blanket.
That's a pretty blanket!! And Dan always makes me feel warm inside. Whether he's being sad, happy, sarcastic, bursting my eardrums with that horrible sonic screech, or causing me to have my own existential crisis, he makes me warm and happy
violet-writer
living flop

oqua wrote:
violet-writer wrote:After watching PewdiePie video today about 'forced positivity' on YT, this tweet was just... extra funny.

Here's the PewDiePie video. I haven't watched it but a couple people have mentioned it now.

For future reference, here's how you embed a YouTube video:
1) Use the full (not mobile) link — it should start with "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=," not "http://youtu.be/" or anything
2) Delete the "s" at the end of "https"
3) Make sure there is no extra stuff like a timecode or something at the end of the link
4) Put the link between the youtube tags [YouTube] and [/YouTube]
Voila!
(for more info you can check the forum FAQs)

Aha! Thank you for posting it!

(Note: I tried that- didn't manage to make it work )
when you first saw her-beauty, the dream- the human vortex of your life- or him - did you stop, and stand in the crisp air, breathing like a tree? did you change your life?

~ mary oliver
sinnamonrollphil
drama llama

isabella wrote:i know he's taking the piss and it's not that deep but i hope he doesn't actually think he should put a positive filter on things. i can't speak for his mental health/how genuine the "sad" tweets are but as someone who deals with depression a lot, i understand the humour/coping mechanism that can come from jokes like that. again, not implying that's how he's using them. i do actually hope he's fine and it's just more of his self-deprecating sense of humour. idk this post is a mess but basically if he really isn't that happy right now, it bothers me that he's seeing so many people calling his sad "branding" fake/annoying. normal people go through ups and downs. i guess i just don't see everything he does as branding just because it corresponds with something he's said before.

also pewdiepie posted an interesting video today about forced positivity on yt that i really agree with and this tweet may have also been a joke about that.
yeah, i do think the tweet was mostly just a funny mention toward pewds video (and also a low key way to let us know he's lurking hi dan )

but also, i feel like it's valid to say it's not cool when people claim he's being 'fake' or just 'trying to be relatable' when he shows any emotion, whether it's happy or sad. last year when he was exctied and sappy about tatinof, a lot of people were very 'this isn't you, where is the #dinof branding wow dan' and when he seems to be neutral/sad, people also say 'wow, your life is so perfect you can't actually be sad, you're just pretending for the relatable #branding and you should stop'. i don't think it's ever going to stop, it's part of being in the spotlight that people scrutinise everything, even your emotions, but it does annoy me that it feels like he isn't allowed to feel emotions without people calling into question the validity of those emotions, it really de-humanizes him and i don't think it's fair.
isabella
butt chair

sinnamonrollphil wrote:
isabella wrote:i know he's taking the piss and it's not that deep but i hope he doesn't actually think he should put a positive filter on things. i can't speak for his mental health/how genuine the "sad" tweets are but as someone who deals with depression a lot, i understand the humour/coping mechanism that can come from jokes like that. again, not implying that's how he's using them. i do actually hope he's fine and it's just more of his self-deprecating sense of humour. idk this post is a mess but basically if he really isn't that happy right now, it bothers me that he's seeing so many people calling his sad "branding" fake/annoying. normal people go through ups and downs. i guess i just don't see everything he does as branding just because it corresponds with something he's said before.

yeah, i do think the tweet was mostly just a funny mention toward pewds video (and also a low key way to let us know he's lurking hi dan )

but also, i feel like it's valid to say it's not cool when people claim he's being 'fake' or just 'trying to be relatable' when he shows any emotion, whether it's happy or sad. last year when he was exctied and sappy about tatinof, a lot of people were very 'this isn't you, where is the #dinof branding wow dan' and when he seems to be neutral/sad, people also say 'wow, your life is so perfect you can't actually be sad, you're just pretending for the relatable #branding and you should stop'. i don't think it's ever going to stop, it's part of being in the spotlight that people scrutinise everything, even your emotions, but it does annoy me that it feels like he isn't allowed to feel emotions without people calling into question the validity of those emotions, it really de-humanizes him and i don't think it's fair.
exactly what i was trying to say, thank you!
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

[offtopic]rehashing an old topic that I started myself, awfully sorry, feel free to ignore me, but I'm really curious and I need a native speaker or someone with a better ear than myself, so I'll try anyway
So, about Phil and him referring to Toto/Frisk as female, I was rewatching the last Undertale video (yes, again, I might've watched it four or five times already, so what) and at 1:40 he either says "Let's give Alhys a girl hug" or "Let's give Alhys a goo' ol' hug" (or something else I didn't think about because I'm stupid). Can someone tell me what they hear?

Thanks in advance, if I feel determined enough to rewatch all of the Undertale for gender mentions, I'll keep you posted ;)
[/offtopic]
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

coffeepenguin wrote:[offtopic]rehashing an old topic that I started myself, awfully sorry, feel free to ignore me, but I'm really curious and I need a native speaker or someone with a better ear than myself, so I'll try anyway
So, about Phil and him referring to Toto/Frisk as female, I was rewatching the last Undertale video (yes, again, I might've watched it four or five times already, so what) and at 1:40 he either says "Let's give Alhys a girl hug" or "Let's give Alhys a goo' ol' hug" (or something else I didn't think about because I'm stupid). Can someone tell me what they hear?

Thanks in advance, if I feel determined enough to rewatch all of the Undertale for gender mentions, I'll keep you posted ;)
[/offtopic]
Not a native speaker either but I think I'm hearing "goo' ol' hug".
Lain
eclipse shirt

coffeepenguin wrote:[offtopic]rehashing an old topic that I started myself, awfully sorry, feel free to ignore me, but I'm really curious and I need a native speaker or someone with a better ear than myself, so I'll try anyway

[/offtopic]
I definitely hear "good ol' hug".
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

[/offtopic]
i'm pretty sure he says "good old", but i'm not a native speaker so i might hear it wrong.
thank's you were great