Dan & Phil Part 35: knock knock, who’s there, i hate you

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Reizam wrote:When will the IDB awards be posted? I'm excited to seeing the results

Happy new year all! Love this forum
Just posted them here
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
malday
emo goose

Tumblr at it again:
http://darkphannie.tumblr.com/post/155270908894

eta: oh dear there are some strange coincidences to this story.
squishydanny
crusty sponge

#cardgate was a great read for new years day i can't believe everyones sleuthing skills lmfao
just hopping on to wish everyone a happy 2017!
can't wait for another year of deppy and over analysing

[offtopic][/offtopic]anyone have thoughts on dan surprising phil for his 30th with a trip to japan? *sigh* in my dreams
000dia000
emo goose

malday wrote:Tumblr at it again:

eta: oh dear there are some strange coincidences to this story.
This is taken out of context. Not my place to say who this is but posting their pic on tumblr isn't right
:cactus:
iodoc
crusty sponge
Pronouns: he/him, please

malday wrote:Tumblr at it again:
Sheesh, no wonder I stay the hell away from the Tumblr-phandom. All these overly excited gall-pals...

Wish I never clicked around on there.
"Can you manage these stairs with your Gucci hooves?"
Raspberrypi
crusty sponge

squishydanny wrote:anyone have thoughts on dan surprising phil for his 30th with a trip to japan? *sigh* in my dreams
I was actually thinking about what they might do for Phil's 30th earlier hahaha, should be interesting to see what they do (or if we'll even find out?) as this is the first big birthday coming up since Dan's 21st (Vegas part 2? :lol:)

And another japhan would be great but probably wishful thinking
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

000dia000 wrote: This is taken out of context. Not my place to say who this is but posting their pic on tumblr isn't right
Agreed. People always have to go one step too far, not sure why people have to publically try and prove where Dan and Phil are all the time. I have no issue with it being discussed privately away from where others can see it but why do people have to make a huge deal about it on social media and be the first to uncover where they were.

Mod note:
If any links get posted directly to private accounts of people deppy know then they will be removed as per our forum rules.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Can I ask why some people seem to think posting that person's instagram was too far? They covered the name. Idk, I don't personally see the issue with it.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

spaceguitar wrote:Can I ask why some people seem to think posting that person's instagram was too far? They covered the name. Idk, I don't personally see the issue with it.
I can't answer for everyone but for me it's because 1. That person/family is not in the public eye at all and some other Tumblr posts actually took other pics from insta that had a child in them and put them all over Tumblr which is going too far.

Plus, I'd think that if people want deppy to share more with their fans, then stalking unrelated friends and family is not going to encourage them to want to do that.
Raspberrypi
crusty sponge

spaceguitar wrote:Can I ask why some people seem to think posting that person's instagram was too far? They covered the name. Idk, I don't personally see the issue with it.
I'd partially agree here (at the very least I've seen a lot worse posted by the tumblr phandom) but leaving the location in the picture means it's very simple to find the instagram account and then you'll have the case of them being hassled by crazed fans. (although I just checked and that picture still only has a couple of likes so I'm presuming it would have a lot more if a load of people found it) But given the fact that an otherwise private person's account is linked, I would say it's probably overstepping the line
dontpanic
#relatable

Theory:
The lab is their new dog and this is their way of slowly introducing them to the world :gg:
trinitypixi
tol bean
Pronouns: She/her

[offtopic]I saw a picture on Instagram and I just wanted to know if it's acctually Dan and Phil in this picture since I've never seen it before. [/offtopic]
'Never take ice cream from a guy named Wyatt' - Rex Everybody wants to be Poppy
Waggle9007
sofa crease

Raspberrypi wrote:
I'd partially agree here (at the very least I've seen a lot worse posted by the tumblr phandom) but leaving the location in the picture means it's very simple to find the instagram account and then you'll have the case of them being hassled by crazed fans. (although I just checked and that picture still only has a couple of likes so I'm presuming it would have a lot more if a load of people found it) But given the fact that an otherwise private person's account is linked, I would say it's probably overstepping the line
Unfortunately, the person now has a few phandom followers. Sometimes I really hate the phandom. It's actually embarrassing to be associated with it :(
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I personally don't see why the picture even had to be posted. If they wanted us to know who they spent new year with they would have told us directly but they didn't, Phil even cropped the people out of the photo which says to me that he wants them to remain out of the public eye/away from the phandom. These people aren't youtubers, they're not famous, why do people think it's okay to go onto their personal accounts and publically post it for the phandom to see when Dan and Phil don't link/tag them. Why does it even matter who they spent new year with haha!

(Sorry if that reads like I'm having a go at you, I promise I'm not, I should have put some emojis in there to make it look less rude).
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

late happy new year to everyone! so glad I joined this community, I've had tons of fun reading all your posts

all i hope for 2017 is for the guys to get a dog jk... I'm looking forward to anything they'll come up with this year now that we are in the post tatinof/baking vid era
Raspberrypi
crusty sponge

Waggle9007 wrote:
Raspberrypi wrote:
Unfortunately, the person now has a few phandom followers. Sometimes I really hate the phandom. It's actually embarrassing to be associated with it :(
Ah you're right, I hadn't checked the followers :| and I know sometimes it feels like the entire phandom is made up of people like that (thank God for idb, I mean we're probably the biggest detectives/stalkers but at least we keep it to this site and it doesn't affect anyone)
malday
emo goose

i now realize, that person was stalked by the phandom before.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

trinitypixi wrote:[offtopic]I saw a picture on Instagram and I just wanted to know if it's acctually Dan and Phil in this picture since I've never seen it before.
[/offtopic]
It kind of looks like them right? If it is d&p it's probably from years ago.
iodoc
crusty sponge
Pronouns: he/him, please

Waggle9007 wrote:
Raspberrypi wrote:
This is exactly what I'm feeling rn. Seeing these honestly desperate tumblr-posts gives me secondhand embarrassement for being in the same fandom as these people. I mean, I get it, we're all excitable and stalkery enough to post and/or lurk on IDB, but there's no shit like this on here. I know it's the apple calling the orange fruity, but still. Because I only partake in discussions or lurking on IDB and the other forum before it, this community has always been my image of the phandom at large. Rationally I know we're a minorty, but I hate it when my image gets shattered by some two-a-penny Paula's Tumblr.

I'm egotistical enough to make this ALL about me. I may have been drinking. Sober me will re-lurk.
"Can you manage these stairs with your Gucci hooves?"
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

I think that there is some sort of misunderstanding going on here. I understand that people don't like phandom members following people in D+P's life. Yet I don't think that the original poster intended for that? They were just trying to understand who D+P were with. They even covered the name. The only ones to blame are the ones who actually followed this woman's instagram.
I see that this could seem invasive to try to see which friends D+P were hanging with. I would never look for and post such a thing myself. But at the end of the day they weren't really invading anyone's privacy (ahem #cardgate).
No offense intended
malday
emo goose

fancy_nancy wrote:
trinitypixi wrote:[offtopic]I saw a picture on Instagram and I just wanted to know if it's acctually Dan and Phil in this picture since I've never seen it before.
[/offtopic]
i think it's from when they went on vacation and got stalked by a fan.
secretagentphan
procrastinator

malday wrote:
fancy_nancy wrote:
[/offtopic]
i think it's from when they went on vacation and got stalked by a fan.
:? :? :? :?
Oh god. This combined with Dan and Phil's friend being stalked (people had to nerve to get angry on tumblr about Dan hanging out with a female. Like she has a family OH MY GOD THEY ARE THE WORST). Times like these make me the most anti phan because if I were phan I'd be too horrified to ever reveal a different relationship or specify that I'm not actually with that person. They can't do anything. Dan and Phil are saints because if I were them I could not handle this fan base at all.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

spaceguitar wrote:I think that there is some sort of misunderstanding going on here. I understand that people don't like phandom members following people in D+P's life. Yet I don't think that the original poster intended for that? They were just trying to understand who D+P were with. They even covered the name. The only ones to blame are the ones who actually followed this woman's instagram.
I see that this could seem invasive to try to see which friends D+P were hanging with. I would never look for and post such a thing myself. But at the end of the day they weren't really invading anyone's privacy (ahem #cardgate).
No offense intended
That was kinda my point before, why are people so desperate to understand who D&P were with? If they wanted us to know they'd tell us by tagging people. There was no need for the original poster to even make the tumblr post, great if they wanted to find out who they were with but why not just keep it private; why have to make a public post about it.

The difference, for me, between this and cardgate (since you bought it up) was that the card was visible enough in the video for people to guess/read what was on it. Dan didn't go out of his way to hide it, however Phil purposely cropped people out of the photo he posted, he didn't want to draw attention to them. A card isn't something that the phandom can harass just because they know Dan and Phil.
squishydanny
crusty sponge

missemma wrote:
spaceguitar wrote:I think that there is some sort of misunderstanding going on here. I understand that people don't like phandom members following people in D+P's life. Yet I don't think that the original poster intended for that? They were just trying to understand who D+P were with. They even covered the name. The only ones to blame are the ones who actually followed this woman's instagram.
No offense intended
That was kinda my point before, why are people so desperate to understand who D&P were with? If they wanted us to know they'd tell us by tagging people. There was no need for the original poster to even make the tumblr post, great if they wanted to find out who they were with but why not just keep it private; why have to make a public post about it.

The difference, for me, between this and cardgate (since you bought it up) was that the card was visible enough in the video for people to guess/read what was on it. Dan didn't go out of his way to hide it, however Phil purposely cropped people out of the photo he posted, he didn't want to draw attention to them. A card isn't something that the phandom can harass just because they know Dan and Phil.
the tumblr post is a *yikes* to say the least...
imagine dan and phils reaction if they are to see that the phandom has gone out and followed their PERSONAL friends :( like missemma said, phil very clearly cropped whoever was in the photo out..i won't be surprised if said person's instagram is on private by tomorrow morning. i hate that deppy's privacy has been invaded over and over again.
YET, with this information, the womans picture says they're in {removed} i believe? so, do you think they could have said they were back in london, but instead dan has been with phil up north? i can't imagine phil coming back to the london apartment just to travel another 4 hours back north with dan for new years. hmmmm, anyone any input?
if this is the case, this seems sketchy, no? may explain why both dan and phil were not spotted returning to london. who knows though despite the information, really not happy that people still go to the lengths they do to find out private details about dan and phil
Last edited by jesp on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed location information
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

missemma wrote: That was kinda my point before, why are people so desperate to understand who D&P were with? If they wanted us to know they'd tell us by tagging people. There was no need for the original poster to even make the tumblr post, great if they wanted to find out who they were with but why not just keep it private; why have to make a public post about it.

I do see how finding out who they were with goes directly against what Phil intended by cropping people out. That's kind of gross. I guess I still don't majorly see the harm though? There's nothing super personal about whose party they were at.

Also here is a post from the OP:
Anonymous asked: Hey, I know you didn't mean any harm by it, and just wanted to post info etc. but I just wanted to let you know that people have started to find the insta you posted the picture of, even though you scratched out her name, and she's starting to be followed by a few phandom people. I know it's a lot to ask, but is there any chance you could delete the post? Just because there are children and private photos featured on the insta? Thank you, and I know you didn't mean any harm :)
i’m sorry this happened i forgot people will actually go on and stalk dan and phils friends and post pics of their kids :/ this is why we can’t have nice things. i deleted the post. i hate hate hate that fun things like dan making iron bead art becomes bad. what the fuck