Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

secretagentphan wrote:The only thing I found weird about the fish comment (probably because he's not eating meat tbh) is that he talked about burgers and pizza (if he's vegan) without saying anything but all of a sudden decides to make that comment regarding fish, phrased the way he did too.... that boy smh
Well pizza and burgers aren't automatically non-vegetarian/vegan (I just had a veggie burger for lunch today), whereas fish is by definition neither. But I'd like to hear him say he's vegetarian so people can stop. Just so people can. stop.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

misakichan274 wrote:Re: the aesthetic candle, I couldn't help but think of the joint liveshow moment (can't remember the date or timestamp :facepalm: ) when dnp are talking about Dan's favourite candles and Phil literally quotes Dan's preferences by saying 'black', 'ash' and 'oil' or something. I wonder if he'd already purchased the present by then aaahh. Anyway, great show tonight, loved Dan being so soft and positive and mentioning Phil so so often
I think this was in the PINOF bloopers, the dandle.

Edit — yeah, it's in the PINOF 8 bloopers, at about 3:00:

Phil: Invent a new scented candle!
Dan: It's the dandle! It's pitch-black. It smells of regret—
Phil: Oil!
Dan: Oil.
Phil: Ash.
Dan: Ash.
Phil: Sadness.
Dan: And salt.
busy being happy~
secretagentphan
procrastinator

fancybum wrote:
secretagentphan wrote:The only thing I found weird about the fish comment (probably because he's not eating meat tbh) is that he talked about burgers and pizza (if he's vegan) without saying anything but all of a sudden decides to make that comment regarding fish, phrased the way he did too.... that boy smh
Well pizza and burgers aren't automatically non-vegetarian/vegan (I just had a veggie burger for lunch today), whereas fish is by definition neither. But I'd like to hear him say he's vegetarian so people can stop. Just so people can. stop.
Yeah don't get me wrong I am 99.999999% sure he wasn't talking about ladiez. Even if he's not completely vegetarian I bet he's trying, you know? I just thought it was funny. Boy does he dig himself in some holes sometimes.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

6:12 - “by we i mean me and phil (cough) obviously.” found the clarification very strange.

I found this strange too. I'm usually pretty sure that they are together but lately I've been flip-flopping on bf or bff with them. The problem is that they are so confusing - they do things that are perfectly normal to do with a friend but the fact that their lives are so intertwined makes it hard to know what reality is. who knows- maybe they aren't together but they are just as confused as we are. It's like Phan is both real and not real and that's how it's going to be
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Amiaw wrote:6:12 - “by we i mean me and phil (cough) obviously.” found the clarification very strange.

I found this strange too. I'm usually pretty sure that they are together but lately I've been flip-flopping on bf or bff with them. The problem is that they are so confusing - they do things that are perfectly normal to do with a friend but the fact that their lives are so intertwined makes it hard to know what reality is. who knows- maybe they aren't together but they are just as confused as we are. It's like Phan is both real and not real and that's how it's going to be
i figured he was just clarifying because people tend to freak out about who he hangs out with, and also maybe because he knows a lot of people make a whole thing out of their use of 'we'. or, maybe he was literally just clarifying what he meant by 'we', and it wasn't that deep. idk, i didn't find it particularly strange.

i did, however, find the whole 'phil is my bestest buddy' thing kind of uncomfortable, he came across as kind of insecure and it was just a lot weirder than if he were to simply say 'phil is my best friend' or 'phil knows me well' in a normal voice.
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

captainspacecoat wrote:
Amiaw wrote:6:12 - “by we i mean me and phil (cough) obviously.” found the clarification very strange.

i figured he was just clarifying because people tend to freak out about who he hangs out with, and also maybe because he knows a lot of people make a whole thing out of their use of 'we'. or, maybe he was literally just clarifying what he meant by 'we', and it wasn't that deep. idk, i didn't find it particularly strange.
i did, however, find the whole 'phil is my bestest buddy' thing kind of uncomfortable, he came across as kind of insecure and it was just a lot weirder than if he were to simply say 'phil is my best friend' or 'phil knows me well' in a normal voice.
i just thought that was like a "well, duh" kind of voice. like no shit he's his best friend. i'd have found it weirder if he said it in a normal voice coz who tf is watching that he has to clarify that for :lol:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

hiddenwombat wrote:[ i just thought that was like a "well, duh" kind of voice. like no shit he's his best friend. i'd have found it weirder if he said it in a normal voice coz who tf is watching that he has to clarify that for :lol:
true true, i hadn't thought of it that way! i guess it just made me realise how self-aware he is, and he came across a bit wary/uncomfortable, but that's totally on me more than him i think
secretagentphan
procrastinator

captainspacecoat wrote:

I actually found that part really funny for some reason. I didn't find it particularly strange but I get the vibe you got, I just wouldn't exactly call it insecure? I noticed he got almost bashful when he was talking about the gifts Phil got him though, like it was intimate to share even though it wasn't, just because gift giving is so personal no matter what? I feel like he got all blushy at parts though so I see how it could be interpreted as insecure. also I was so embarrassed but I basically have the exact same opinion about Life of Pablo as Dan (only Kanye is on the naughty list for me)... Ultralight Beam fucks me up.
also Dan if you lurk here you should totally get a record player it's a great hobby and it'll ruin your life in all the right ways
dollicious
spork

captainspacecoat wrote:

personally, this doesn’t change how i feel about them being together i just don’t understand why he even said it. it seemed so out of place and unnecessary. there would be no reason for anyone to question what he meant by ‘we’ in this case - he was talking about the gas leak in their flat.
also the ‘he’s my bestest buddy’ comment was pretty off putting to me. he actually is dan’s best friend who would know him well and there is no reason to mock that. those kind of comments always annoy me but i know it doesn’t mean anything.
do you like d&p?
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

dollicious wrote:
captainspacecoat wrote:

personally, this doesn’t change how i feel about them being together i just don’t understand why he even said it. it seemed so out of place and unnecessary. there would be no reason for anyone to question what he meant by ‘we’ in this case - he was talking about the gas leak in their flat.
Maybe it was just the fact that this was the first show to be streamed on his Youtube channel, so he thought some casual viewers wouldn't know much about his personal life and be confused? Looking back, it's a bit unnecessary, but makes sense if he were at that moment thinking about people who were new to his liveshows and just going "Oh no, will they get what I'm on about?"

fancybum wrote:24:36 (chat) What did Phil get you for xmas
“Oh, some domestic Dan and Phil festive vibes. Phil got me 2 things for xmas and they’re both super aesthetic. Obviously Phil is my bestest buddy and he knows me well [shows and describes sand thing and candle. says Phil one more time]"

[[FUN throwback from pinof bloopers 8:
Phil: Invent a new scented candle
Dan: The dandle! It’s pitch black and smells of…

(so had Phil already bought that candle for Dan and it was on his mind or this the most recent example of Psychic!Phil (or to a lesser degree Coincidence!Phil))]]

Maybe Phil specifically got him the candle as an inside joke because of that scene?
fancybum wrote: 43:50 (talking about Undertale/Gamingmas)
“If you didn’t watch mine and Phil’s Undertale videos—"
“Go to DanAndPhilGAMES on YT”
“you should watch DanAndPhilGAMES and jacksepticeye and markiplier”
“it’s basically like me and Phil are acting out/reading out/going on an adventure with you and it’s a really great story and it’s funny”
[Sans fight took 2 hours]
Interesting how he didn't mention Felix. I thought he was much closer to him that to jacksepticeye or markiplier... or is that just because Felix doesn't post that many gaming videos any more?
anathema
morning quiff

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:
fancybum wrote: [[FUN throwback from pinof bloopers 8:
Phil: Invent a new scented candle
Dan: The dandle! It’s pitch black and smells of…

(so had Phil already bought that candle for Dan and it was on his mind or this the most recent example of Psychic!Phil (or to a lesser degree Coincidence!Phil))]]

Maybe Phil specifically got him the candle as an inside joke because of that scene?
I was thinking that too. At 26:00 Dan says "I feel like Phil's slightly taking the piss with this one. Uh, I'll let you decide."
fancybum wrote: 43:50 (talking about Undertale/Gamingmas)
“If you didn’t watch mine and Phil’s Undertale videos—"
“Go to DanAndPhilGAMES on YT”
“you should watch DanAndPhilGAMES and jacksepticeye and markiplier”
“it’s basically like me and Phil are acting out/reading out/going on an adventure with you and it’s a really great story and it’s funny”
[Sans fight took 2 hours]
Interesting how he didn't mention Felix. I thought he was much closer to him that to jacksepticeye or markiplier... or is that just because Felix doesn't post that many gaming videos any more?
Or maybe he didn't mention him because a lot of people aren't happy with Felix because he used a racial slur...

Also, Dan pinned this from the comments under the LS:
Last edited by anathema on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
silverwinter
spork

fancybum wrote:
idk this doesn't really make sense to me. hasn't it been quite a while since he said he was gonna try going vegan again? i honestly don't know how long it's been, but in all that time, he hasn't made a single other comment regarding veganism. it's not like his vegan lifestyle is something that he's keeping his audience informed about, we haven't heard anything about it since he announced he was gonna try it again. why would he suddenly, out of the blue, refer to veganism in such an off-handed, confusing way, without any further elaboration to ensure everyone understands exactly what he was referring to? and yeah the comment was crude and kinda gross if he was talking about vagina, but also in this same liveshow, dan referred to cigarettes as f*gs so it's not like he's not prone to this kind of offensive language
psychicmoth
living flop

dollicious wrote:
captainspacecoat wrote:

Maybe it was just the fact that this was the first show to be streamed on his Youtube channel, so he thought some casual viewers wouldn't know much about his personal life and be confused? Looking back, it's a bit unnecessary, but makes sense if he were at that moment thinking about people who were new to his liveshows and just going "Oh no, will they get what I'm on about?"
Yes, I agree with you! Even minutes before, he was explaining what he usually does on his live shows, what topics he touches and stuff. So all this little jokes/clarifications just are easy and small explanations for new viewers imo. I mean, I'm sure that, even if it's a very little amount, there is people who follow his second channel but don't follow him on twitter, so maybe some of them had no idea he usually does live shows, thus they probably had no idea about such details about in his life.
I mean, for us his life with Phil isn't a detail, obviously :facepalm: but for a new viewer it might be. And even if they knew about Phil, it might sound confusing to some of them all those random 'we'.

Btw, I find pretty funny the oil thing
Yesterday I finally watched properly DAPGOOSE LA and this whole thing remembers me the sniffing scene and Phil's review about how Dan smelled that day:

"Freshly cut grass that's been dipped on oil" - 48:09

Probably the oil thing is an inside joke, or Dan owns a perfume that has that scent on it(?)

edit:
anathema wrote: Also, Dan pinned this from the comments under the LS:
OMG Since when pinned comments are a thing? Does he usually read the comments? Brave :shock:
Last edited by psychicmoth on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
fancybum
senpai

silverwinter wrote: idk this doesn't really make sense to me. hasn't it been quite a while since he said he was gonna try going vegan again? i honestly don't know how long it's been, but in all that time, he hasn't made a single other comment regarding veganism. it's not like his vegan lifestyle is something that he's keeping his audience informed about, we haven't heard anything about it since he announced he was gonna try it again. why would he suddenly, out of the blue, refer to veganism in such an off-handed, confusing way, without any further elaboration to ensure everyone understands exactly what he was referring to? and yeah the comment was crude and kinda gross if he was talking about vagina, but also in this same liveshow, dan referred to cigarettes as f*gs so it's not like he's not prone to this kind of offensive language
Last personal veganism mention (well, of actively doing it) was early November, and he and Phil have made constant references to vegans in liveshows and videos (I remember one from Bubble Bobble somewhere for sure). Basically I've heard Dan mention the word vegan/veganism as something on his mind more in the last 3 months than ever once hearing him refer to vagina as fish/y, so. It really isn't that confusing at all to me. Also why would he bother keeping his audience 'informed' about his dietary choices when it basically causes a low-level shitstorm every time anyway? In a recent(?) liveshow he even discussed vegans getting shit all over (uh, verbally) all over the internet for speaking about it. It's probably better to mostly keep it to himself or else he'll be getting called out every day by the vegan police and defensive meat eaters. Damn see you guys later I'm going back to gamingmas for receipts.
Moonbeamsonthepath wrote: Maybe Phil specifically got him the candle as an inside joke because of that scene?
That would make more sense :lol: I just really love psychic!Phil.

also felix who?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Maya wrote: Yes, I agree with you! Even minutes before, he was explaining what he usually does on his live shows, what topics he touches and stuff. So all this little jokes/clarifications just are easy and small explanations for new viewers imo. I mean, I'm sure that, even if it's a very little amount, there is people who follow his second channel but don't follow him on twitter, so maybe some of them had no idea he usually does live shows, thus they probably had no idea about such details about in his life.
I mean, for us his life with Phil isn't a detail, obviously :facepalm: but for a new viewer it might be. And even if they knew about Phil, it might sound confusing to some of them all those random 'we'.

Btw, I find pretty funny the oil thing
Yesterday I finally watched properly DAPGOOSE LA and this whole thing remembers me the sniffing scene and Phil's review about how Dan smelled that day:

"Freshly cut grass that's been dipped on oil" - 48:09

Probably the oil thing is an inside joke, or Dan owns a perfume that has that scent on it(?)
Without the "we" those poor people would have been completely clueless about Phil's importance in Dan's life. As it was, Dan barely even mentioned his friend (cough *48 times*)

(I'm side-eying Dan here, not anyone on this forum)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

There was nothing explanatory in Dan's tone at the 'domestic vibes', 'bestest buddy' and 'by we i mean me and phil' parts imo. Nothing. It's the same tone he uses when he's pissy about something but doesn't wanna or can't say it so he goes the passive aggressive route where he just takes the piss but won't get called out for it a la 2012 because he wasn't actually rude. :roll: Smart boy tbh.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

fancybum wrote: Last personal veganism mention (well, of actively doing it) was early November, and he and Phil have made constant references to vegans in liveshows and videos (I remember one from Bubble Bobble somewhere for sure). Basically I've heard Dan mention the word vegan/veganism as something on his mind more in the last 3 months than ever once hearing him refer to vagina as fish/y, so. It really isn't that confusing at all to me. Also why would he bother keeping his audience 'informed' about his dietary choices when it basically causes a low-level shitstorm every time anyway? In a recent(?) liveshow he even discussed vegans getting shit all over (uh, verbally) all over the internet for speaking about it. It's probably better to mostly keep it to himself or else he'll be getting called out every day by the vegan police and defensive meat eaters. Damn see you guys later I'm going back to gamingmas for receipts.
I guess I've been tracking Dan's plate for a while: I've been noticing recently that we've actually been seeing him eat, well, salad. A couple examples below.

In Berlin (I believe this was for lunch); this one has cheese in it so it seems vegetarian, not vegan:

At the BrandcastUK lunch; note that there are meaty-looking blobs on other people's plates, but no evidence of one on Dan's:

At 1:51-1:57.

So, yeah, it seems to me that he is in fact doing the vegetarian thing.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
silverwinter
spork

LeftHandedism wrote:
fancybum wrote: Last personal veganism mention (well, of actively doing it) was early November, and he and Phil have made constant references to vegans in liveshows and videos (I remember one from Bubble Bobble somewhere for sure). Basically I've heard Dan mention the word vegan/veganism as something on his mind more in the last 3 months than ever once hearing him refer to vagina as fish/y, so. It really isn't that confusing at all to me. Also why would he bother keeping his audience 'informed' about his dietary choices when it basically causes a low-level shitstorm every time anyway? In a recent(?) liveshow he even discussed vegans getting shit all over (uh, verbally) all over the internet for speaking about it. It's probably better to mostly keep it to himself or else he'll be getting called out every day by the vegan police and defensive meat eaters. Damn see you guys later I'm going back to gamingmas for receipts.
I guess I've been tracking Dan's plate for a while: I've been noticing recently that we've actually been seeing him eat, well, salad. A couple examples below.

In Berlin (I believe this was for lunch); this one has cheese in it so it seems vegetarian, not vegan:

At the BrandcastUK lunch; note that there are meaty-looking blobs on other people's plates, but no evidence of one on Dan's:

At 1:51-1:57.

So, yeah, it seems to me that he is in fact doing the vegetarian thing.
what are the two long brown things on dan's plate in that instagram photo? could be meat or just like those salad chip things that they sometimes have?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

silverwinter wrote: what are the two long brown things on dan's plate in that instagram photo? could be meat or just like those salad chip things that they sometimes have?
I took all the square/long/brown things to be croutons or bready things of some sort. Perhaps someone more familiar with German salad presentation would know better, though!

Hm, the only food emoji we appear to have are cherries and popcorn.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

LeftHandedism wrote:
silverwinter wrote: what are the two long brown things on dan's plate in that instagram photo? could be meat or just like those salad chip things that they sometimes have?
I took all the square/long/brown things to be croutons or bready things of some sort. Perhaps someone more familiar with German salad presentation would know better, though!

Definitely croutons. It's from a restaurant right at the venue called Peter Pane which has a huge selection of vegan/vegetarian food (i had one of the best vegan burgers before tatinof there) and while I was there, the crew picked up a huge order to bring back to the venue. I just checked the menu, he definitely has this one:
Blütenzauber · 8,50 €
Gemischter Salat mit Parmesan, Wildkräutern, Croûtons, Parmesandressing

(translated that means mixed salad with parmesan, herbs, croutons and parmesan dressing)
Last edited by fleur-de-lis on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
swofro
angel bean

oqua wrote:Hi guys, regarding the question of whether the comments on the Voldy vid in that screenshot are real...I'm quite sure they're real.

Here are tweets from the day of the first unprivating that reference them:

And here are tweets from September 2012 (i.e. before the second "leak") that summarize the comments:
:grossly sobbing:

That was a lovely liveshow. I miss Dan rambling about things in his bedroom, what a nice treat. Dan is so lovely and soft and huggable and I swear the only time I doze off is when he talks about music.

Phil's present for Dan is lovely. I hope Dan will light up the candle at least once just to enjoy the bliss of sniffing the lovely dark abyss smell. Phil spends quite a number of quids on it, you better use it Dan. Contrary to some people here, I immediately thought the sand thing is cheap because I used to have one but smaller. I'm really glad he likes it though. Can't wait to hear what Dan got for Phil.

I love everytime when Dan talks about Colin. Their interactions are adorable and remind me of my family's cat when I was young who always know when I'm sad and will stay with me to comfort me. I just wanna squish them both.

Dan talking about Sherlock is just a bonus point to me.

Anyway, I am actually looking forward to the upcoming dinof video. I don't have any expectation towards it but I believe control freak Dan will only upload a dinof vid that he himself satisfy with, so I will keep an open mind.
Love is forever
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

LeftHandedism wrote:

There's also a carrot

I added a salad though!

If you have any other food requests, let me know lol.
busy being happy~
Truth_or_cliche
delia smith

Catallena wrote:There was nothing explanatory in Dan's tone at the 'domestic vibes', 'bestest buddy' and 'by we i mean me and phil' parts imo. Nothing. It's the same tone he uses when he's pissy about something but doesn't wanna or can't say it so he goes the passive aggressive route where he just takes the piss but won't get called out for it a la 2012 because he wasn't actually rude. :roll: Smart boy tbh.
Maybe YouTube or YouNow "asked" them to be mindful of new viewers and it annoyed him for some reason. I didn't see the live show but I know exactly the tone you're talking about. I've also noticed the tone whenever he calls Phil a synonym for friend (e.g. matey, bro, etc). It's almost like he's mocking his friendship with Phil...but why would he do that? Or maybe he's mocking those of us who care so much about the nature of their relationship. It feels like he's mocking something. Idk what it is but it is definitely weird and makes me do a double take.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Dan liked this on Twitter earlier today. (Has this been discussed? Sorry if it has.)
busy being happy~
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Returned from my busy spider business to talk about something important.
bluebox-away wrote:Sounds to me like a move might really be on the cards soon. Where's Spider? Maybe that spring 2017 prediction might be right after all
bluebox-away wrote:Between the storage mentions, the living-out-of-a-suitcase, the fact we haven't seen Dan's room in forever, the "it's been 5 years living together wow!' statements and now Dan wanting a new piano, I definitely agree that a move is on the horizon in 2017. (spider where you at, looks like your prediction is coming true )
Sorry bluebox-away. Here now. Still don't know what Spring 2017 will be. However now I am even more sure something will happen at that time.

We know that Deppy talk at the end of the year together to decide business and career stuff for next year. Now at the beginning of the year Dan started to put his Younow live shows on Youtube. Because they are attached at the hip make many same decisions I think Phil will also. Some people on Twitter are worried maybe Dan will be careful what he talks about instead of being open but I think it is opposite.

Deppy have been much more open with their joking and flirting on the camera recently. We even know too much about their kinky sex life. All of a sudden they are opening their live shows which are more casual chats with a small audience to a big audience. Maybe does it make sense they are going to be more open about other things too?

It is only my spidey sense. It could be wrong. Spring 2017 is not very far away though.

Since there are many new people who maybe don't know here is my Spring 2017 theory from many centuries ago. And welcome to bantland.
oqua wrote:Dan liked this on Twitter earlier today. (Has this been discussed? Sorry if it has.)
Or maybe they are moving to have a dog.
'phil is my bestest buddy'
Dan is a sarcastic person who says sarcastic things. Phil is his best friend but does Dan need to say 'he is my best friend and life partner and soul mate and fire in my loins' very seriously every time? It is not such a big deal to look into.
Truth_or_cliche wrote:Maybe YouTube or YouNow "asked" them to be mindful of new viewers and it annoyed him for some reason
This does not make sense. Deppy decide what their own content will be and put it on Youtube and Younow. If they censor themselves it is because they want to. Youtube and Younow change or remove content only for breaking rules like no nudity. It is not a dictatorship.
Last edited by spider on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.