Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

I grab things with my toes, too… (and open doors and drawers with my feet)

(hey bantstrash, I was advised to do it as a cure for flat feet when I was a kid! not in the 50s though)
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote:
malday wrote:Sorry to say i found this video boring, only good part was the gasman skit.
Really, grabbing things with your toes? who tf is going to believe that, but i guess he needs a new quirk for the AP persona. meh.
Have you ever met a person with really long toes?

My first college roommate literally did the same thing. If there was any possible way she could reach it with her feet, she was going to pick it up with her toes. And then put it back so she could call me into the room and tell me to watch how she could do it.
I grab stuff with my toes too sometimes, of off the floor because it's convenient, or close/open drawers and doors.
But lifting your foot on a counter that is within arm's reach is another story, kind of exaggerated far-fetched.
Last edited by malday on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
papierklemmen
flower crown

kusunoki masashige wrote:
(hey bantstrash, I was advised to do it as a cure for flat feet when I was a kid! not in the 50s though)
lol same :( gotta say it didn't help though, but i do grab stuff with my toes - only off the floor though, i'm not a gymnast ffs :lol:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Question about the live show- Did Phil say he took the tube across London 3 times a week or was I hearing things?
sentinel
lady door

Is it just me or is this video incredibly close to Dan's gaming channel editing? The rotating screen/stuff, the dramatic close ups, the only thing missing was sassy comments in Comic Sans.
dannonfill
spork
Pronouns: they/them

Amiaw wrote:Question about the live show- Did Phil say he took the tube across London 3 times a week or was I hearing things?
You're not crazy! around 12 minutes in he says:
"It’s only 2 hours on a train! But it just— it’s weird because I would spend an hour going to the other side of London like three times a week,"
... let's talk about house plants.
lurker
janice from the shop

malday wrote:But lifting your foot on a counter that is within arm's reach is another story, kind of exaggerated far-fetched.
i tried to grab my phone from the window sill with my foot earlier, so i can't agree with the sentiment for personal reasons. :lol: but in general i also thought that while the gasman part was genuinely funny, the other stories weren't that dramatic. don't judge 2017 too hard, phil, i think it still wants you around.

other than that, i would love to hear dan live commentary from the oven footage.
thank's you were great
sia
living flop

Artdefines06 wrote:WE INTERRUPT EVERYTHING FOR THIS IMPORTANT UPDATE!

The sims has just added in toddlers for free! Dab will go through a toddler stage. I secretly want to believe the sims team added it just because they want DnP to have to deal with it. I'm excited :)

https://simsvip.com/2017/01/12/watch-li ... ve-stream/
Hey, I said that first :lol:
silverwinter
spork

Catallena wrote:I.. really didn't notice any difference with Phil in this video? The video was fine, but more of the same old formula imo.
the formula felt the same as always, but for me, i noticed some similarities to dan's video style. the skit with more than one phil and some of the editing which, like sentinel said, is similar to how dan edits the gaming videos
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Ugh I have missed videos for the past couple of weeks.

I am loving this haircut. Not too short/shaved, it is just perfect.
A nice easy Phil video to start off the new year. I could listen to Phil telling me stories all day.

Umm i need that unicorn dispenser in my life. (Shame it is £12.50 and I have no need for rainbow tape!)
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

silverwinter wrote:
Catallena wrote:I.. really didn't notice any difference with Phil in this video? The video was fine, but more of the same old formula imo.
the formula felt the same as always, but for me, i noticed some similarities to dan's video style. the skit with more than one phil and some of the editing which, like sentinel said, is similar to how dan edits the gaming videos
I don't think anyone's ever argued that Dan or Phil's content is going to change. The changes are in their comfort levels with each other and with more mature humor, not the formula.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

dannonfill wrote:
Amiaw wrote:Question about the live show- Did Phil say he took the tube across London 3 times a week or was I hearing things?
"It’s only 2 hours on a train! But it just— it’s weird because I would spend an hour going to the other side of London like three times a week,"
Thanks. Curious- conspiracy theories as his destination?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

He got that video up fricking quickly after the liveshow, I was expecting maybe an hour when he said he still had a few things to do. I love the new jumper, one more in the black/silver collection is fine by me I've always noticed his long feet with such diagonal toes. That does seem a great use for them, but not near the knobs on a gas cooker, Phil :facepalm: Also not surprised the reason behind the fork was excitement for pie. How cute is sour watermelon powder in a potion bottle? I didn't realise it was something you could eat, funny leaving him with a green tongue for the rest of the video.

Great to see him playing some other guys in the sketch part, it's always funny when he does that and puts on different accents, especially going softer at the end with "aren't we all emotionally, Dennis? Shh". I thought AP-wise he was similar to I Killed My Houseplants, way calmer on the cuteness, but the same storytelling style. The way he said things like "till I smell" and "blame the powder" weren't so cute, I love the way he makes those quips. The rotating head and zooming in/out were funky, but he's always done a few things here and there in the editing, maybe he's just trying something a little different and having fun with it?

The liveshow was good too, those Tatinof trainers are amazing. That unicorn tape dispenser is amazing too, gotta love a pretty rainbow. Considering he doesn't like horses, he does like reindeer and unicorns, maybe it's the festive/fantasy vibe. Finally a benefit for his messiness, too, he said they smelt the gas more at last because he left the cupboard open when he put the Christmas tree away. I'm intrigued by the creative juices he's got flowing (I've had a similar thing lately and it's great). Looking forward to whatever he might come up with.
lurker
janice from the shop

dannonfill wrote:
does anyone have the time stamp or context for this? for some reason i can't seem to find it around 12 minutes. :-?

i missed phil's liveshow, but i read on tumblr that apparently he talked about a creative video idea he's been having? did he say more about it? because i'd be really desperate for that.
thank's you were great
MoonPride
moon room

Amiaw wrote:
dannonfill wrote:
Secret lover? :lol:

I'm joking.
000dia000
emo goose

Amiaw wrote:
dannonfill wrote:
secret girlfriend
:cactus:
papierklemmen
flower crown

did anyone post a link to the deer candle yet? if not, here you go: https://pyropetcandles.com/products/dyri-white

kinda morbid tho..lol
Last edited by papierklemmen on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Amiaw wrote:
dannonfill wrote:
Realistically: it was probably for all the book and tour stuff over the past few years.
Conspiracy: it was to go see his actual wife and child he secretly has. The dan and Phil house is a set that they have to live in for work and they are aloud to go to their actual homes three times a week
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
malday
emo goose

000dia000 wrote:
Amiaw wrote:
dannonfill wrote:
secret girlfriend
*boyfriend (who is also his barber)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

papierklemmen wrote:did anyone post a link to the deer candle yet? if not, here you go: https://pyropetcandles.com/products/dyri-white

kinda morbid tho..lol
Reindeer kink confirmed.
lurker
janice from the shop

papierklemmen wrote:did anyone post a link to the deer candle yet? if not, here you go: https://pyropetcandles.com/products/dyri-white

kinda morbid tho..lol
Description: "Dýri" is a short for "hreindýr", which means "reindeer" in Icelandic. But it also means "beast". - Unleash the beast!

:lol:
thank's you were great
nephilimcat
woodland creature

lurker wrote:

kinda morbid tho..lol
Description: "Dýri" is a short for "hreindýr", which means "reindeer" in Icelandic. But it also means "beast". - Unleash the beast!

:lol:
8-)

There's also a black cat version, I WANT THAT :lel:
pulvis et umbra sumus
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

Long time no post!
Anyways, I really enjoyed Phil's newest video. First things first, I noticed Phil is looking really good. He's always been attractive but Phil is like a fine wine, gets better with age. Can we also talk about how good Phil looks in black!

Here are my favorite moments:
- I can't believe they both got each other candles! Though Phil's is a reindeer and I feel like I'm noticing a trend (ex. the reindeer item Dan gave Phil had to blow out of)
- At 1:11 he shoves the candle very close to the camera and goes 'Thanks Daniel' in a sort of deep voice. I found that oddly entertaining.
- Phil's little improv skit he did with the gas man. It's very Dan-esque of him to do that.
- Phil getting super excited about Pecan pie.
- Grabbing a pen on the stove with his foot. Extremely dangerous though Phil! A very eccentric quirk.

I have to say the unicorn tape bit was cute but then he totally killed it by telling us how cheeky the unicorn's face is while we yank tape out of his ass or something.

My only little complaint was is that the gas story has been repeated so many times now via twitter, Danyul's liveshow, and now the video. However, I know some people don't use twitter or watch the liveshows so I guess that was a big shocker and laugh for those who don't use those platforms.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Yea I felt the same. I didn't expect a huge change tho, just a slow progressive change in the format he uses and a utilization of different formats. It seems to me like theyre both more invested in pushing the DanandPhil brand then their individuals channels. Also I feel like with them we won't get a huge change from the start. Like it seems fitting for him to do this kind of video especially since so many weird things did happen to him in the beginning of the month. And maybe through the year do some different formats of videos and different ideas. They are finally free (unless the secret project is time consuming) so I hope we do get to see him experiment a bit with his channel.

Overall, I enjoyed the video but didn't think it was mindblowing (didn't expect it to after hearing what it'd be about). I loved the skits and Phil was looking so damn fine with his hair pushed back and his dark shirt I may have passed out I cant believe he actually set his foot on fire for a video, thats some pro level shit

Heres being hopeful for the year to come
DryCereal
koi pond

So we've gone from "we were having the meter read" to "we smelt gas, so called out an engineer" in 48hrs.

2016 may have had a lot of changes, but they're still shit at picking a cover story and sticking to it!!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted: