Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
corn flakes
moon room

jesuisunèléve wrote:
Birdie wrote:
corn flakes wrote:
majitzu wrote:Has someone seen this hate mentions or are you making assumptions? Cause I've only seen the "I prefer D&P", "I'm not going to watch it then" type of comments
Yes apart from the few usual people, was he seriously bothered by the phandom? A few bothersome tweets would have been expected and probably taken over by his fans love.

I don't like caspar as youtuber but he makes sense in the brits pov, a big yotuber with a loyal following who is willing to work for real.
I saw quite some people tweeting him and the BRITs account about how "dissapointed" they were he was hosting this year and not Dan and Phil in the replies to the announcement. It's not exactly hate but it's pretty cringy and childish to tweet the new host how much you will miss the old ones and how he won't be as good. He wasn't really attacked a lot but there's a bunch of "I'm so sad, I don't want you to do it, I want Dan and Phil" stuff.
I think it puts a lot of un-needed pressure on him as well. I am sure he will do fine. Sad to think that people find the need to tweet him and the Brits they aren't fans/want Deppy again.

Worse? He didn't have to call Deppy his dads. That made me throw up in my mouth a bit. :shock:
Maybe today I'm too much in wgaf mood, but while childish and cringy ( that was expected like any other fandom) I don't think it puts more pressure on him? As I said fandoms tend to be like that, they kinda expected it, as they know they will lose some views from people like me, who care about deppy not the brits, but gain ones from his fanbase. Caspar knows how youtube works, I saw his tweet more as a joke and acknowlegment towards deppy.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
000dia000
emo goose

I found Phil's post in his community thing a little weird tbh I don't really get snapchat culture so I nay be a few who don't really like it :? Then again, I do hope he used the community feature a little more. But comittment isn't really something they're known for, look at Dan who used Instagram story thing for a whopping single day.

We often say that Phil's mysterious but his admission to lighting his sock on fire "for the art" is the most underwhelming admission ever :D kind if reminds me he's human (and like Dan breaking the glass for views)

Yeah, while you can't tell the phandom to calm down about Caspar, I kind of hope that people hee reading this can stop shading him because I'm side-eyeing some comments real hard right now. At least Caspar isn't getting the abuse a smaller-lesser known Youtuber might have gotten. While Caspar does not have the blind following deppy has, he still has devoted followers who'll probably watch (though I'm not sure to the same extent). He'll definitely be a lot less weirder presenter though, so I think the celebs will feel more at ease. Still I wonder how frequent attendees will feel about deppy's sudden absence :')
:cactus:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

000dia000 wrote:I found Phil's post in his community thing a little weird tbh I don't really get snapchat culture so I nay be a few who don't really like it :? Then again, I do hope he used the community feature a little more. But comittment isn't really something they're known for, look at Dan who used Instagram story thing for a whopping single day.

We often say that Phil's mysterious but his admission to lighting his sock on fire "for the art" is the most underwhelming admission ever :D kind if reminds me he's human (and like Dan breaking the glass for views)

Yeah, while you can't tell the phandom to calm down about Caspar, I kind of hope that people hee reading this can stop shading him because I'm side-eyeing some comments real hard right now. At least Caspar isn't getting the abuse a smaller-lesser known Youtuber might have gotten. While Caspar does not have the blind following deppy has, he still has devoted followers who'll probably watch (though I'm not sure to the same extent). He'll definitely be a lot less weirder presenter though, so I think the celebs will feel more at ease. Still I wonder how frequent attendees will feel about deppy's sudden absence :')
I think Dan and Phil are focusing more on YouTube this year and are trying to find more ways to interact with people which is always a plus. This is his second community post this year- the firrst was right after he uploaded his vid.

Re: the Brits- any and all fandom complain when their faves don't get something , etc and I don't really see a lot of hate towards Caspar. It was nice of Phil to favorite Caspar's tweet- maybe the phandom will be nicer to him since this seems like an indirect way Phil is showing his support.
secretagentphan
procrastinator

000dia000 wrote:I found Phil's post in his community thing a little weird tbh I don't really get snapchat culture so I nay be a few who don't really like it :? Then again, I do hope he used the community feature a little more. But comittment isn't really something they're known for, look at Dan who used Instagram story thing for a whopping single day.

I find it really interesting that a lot of people are saying Caspar will be a lot more normal than deppy when presenting. He interviews a lot of celebrities on his channel (another reason why they probably picked him) and his sense of humor is extremely dry and uncomfortable, only a few celebrities go along with it and get it.

I do like seeing Dan and Phil interact with celebrities though. I'm always surprised Dan in particular has a knack for being good at talking to celebrities (unless he actually stans them, then he's awkward as heck). I remember a lot of other youtubers also interviewed the cast of the hunger games along with Dan and they were much less successful. Joey (I think?) said he didn't even publish his interview because they were so cold and awkward and it went horrible. Dan seemed to get them to actually have fun, because I think his awkwardness works in his favor in situations like this. He's endearingly awkward but still very professional idk how to describe it.
lishachi
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

jesuisunèléve wrote:
Birdie wrote:
corn flakes wrote:
majitzu wrote:Has someone seen this hate mentions or are you making assumptions? Cause I've only seen the "I prefer D&P", "I'm not going to watch it then" type of comments
Yes apart from the few usual people, was he seriously bothered by the phandom? A few bothersome tweets would have been expected and probably taken over by his fans love.

I don't like caspar as youtuber but he makes sense in the brits pov, a big yotuber with a loyal following who is willing to work for real.
I saw quite some people tweeting him and the BRITs account about how "dissapointed" they were he was hosting this year and not Dan and Phil in the replies to the announcement. It's not exactly hate but it's pretty cringy and childish to tweet the new host how much you will miss the old ones and how he won't be as good. He wasn't really attacked a lot but there's a bunch of "I'm so sad, I don't want you to do it, I want Dan and Phil" stuff.
I think it puts a lot of un-needed pressure on him as well. I am sure he will do fine. Sad to think that people find the need to tweet him and the Brits they aren't fans/want Deppy again.

Worse? He didn't have to call Deppy his dads. That made me throw up in my mouth a bit. :shock:
:facepalm: theres no need for people to tweet at him saying stuff like that. i wish him luck, don't really watch him all that much but from what i've seen he looks like a pretty nice guy. i don't really watch much tv but i watched a few clips on youtube of the BRITs stuff and d&p seemed pretty good, but y'know they can't do it forever. just because they don't want Caspar to do it, doesn't mean it's not happening, things change, maybe d&p chose not to :) (not referencing any of you guys, just people on twitter, it seems that a fair amount of the phandom on there get involved in stuff, they can obviously do what they like but )

wondering when Dans gonna upload his video. im excited :D
:biflag: :blackheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm really not a fan of Caspar and I think it's fine for people to be disappointing but actively replying to Caspar and The Brits like a little brat is just a shit thing to do. idgaf about The Brits though, I'm not really a fan of D&P as hosts so them not doing it this year doesn't do much for me. I watched the livestream because of my love for them, not because of their skills. They're a bit robotic when reading cue cards and stuff and their celeb interactions are usually so awkward they often made me cringe, though admittedly I get second hand embarrassment really fast so my reaction might be a bit extreme. And Kingsley wasn't much better on the red carpet last year. In general though, this trend of making artists play dumb games and do challenges on red carpet livestreams needs to die. You're up for a big award and then you have to do the damn 7 Second Challenge :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
MoonPride
moon room

Catallena wrote:I'm really not a fan of Caspar and I think it's fine for people to be disappointing but actively replying to Caspar and The Brits like a little brat is just a shit thing to do. idgaf about The Brits though, I'm not really a fan of D&P as hosts so them not doing it this year doesn't do much for me. I watched the livestream because of my love for them, not because of their skills. They're a bit robotic when reading cue cards and stuff and their celeb interactions are usually so awkward they often made me cringe, though admittedly I get second hand embarrassment really fast so my reaction might be a bit extreme. And Kingsley wasn't much better on the red carpet last year. In general though, this trend of making artists play dumb games and do challenges on red carpet livestreams needs to die. You're up for a big award and then you have to do the damn 7 Second Challenge :')
I agree, the interviews were so cringy! I did like the videos posted in the build up towards the show. I really don't think deppy are cut out to be tv presenters in all honesty. They are far more suited to what they do now and even the radio. I remember watching them interview Ant and Dec and it was just so awkward, I felt bad for both sides.
annetamiau
lady door

Hi guys! :)

This is really random, but do you guys remember this infamous video from 2012 (*shivers*)

Okay, pause at 2:46. There is a T-shirt folded over a chair in the background of Phil's bedroom (sorry I haven't completely mastered the ability to post screenshots here yet). I think it could be this T-shirt: What do you guys think?

Have a good weekend!
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

MoonPride wrote:
Catallena wrote:I'm really not a fan of Caspar and I think it's fine for people to be disappointing but actively replying to Caspar and The Brits like a little brat is just a shit thing to do. idgaf about The Brits though, I'm not really a fan of D&P as hosts so them not doing it this year doesn't do much for me. I watched the livestream because of my love for them, not because of their skills. They're a bit robotic when reading cue cards and stuff and their celeb interactions are usually so awkward they often made me cringe, though admittedly I get second hand embarrassment really fast so my reaction might be a bit extreme. And Kingsley wasn't much better on the red carpet last year. In general though, this trend of making artists play dumb games and do challenges on red carpet livestreams needs to die. You're up for a big award and then you have to do the damn 7 Second Challenge :')
I agree, the interviews were so cringy! I did like the videos posted in the build up towards the show. I really don't think deppy are cut out to be tv presenters in all honesty. They are far more suited to what they do now and even the radio. I remember watching them interview Ant and Dec and it was just so awkward, I felt bad for both sides.
Yeah I loved the YouTube videos, the backstage tours are some of my favorite D&P videos ever because it's just them being cute and funny while dicking around with a camera aka what they do best. :D Basically, more things need to pay Deppy to walk around buildings with a camera.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

annetamiau wrote:Hi guys! :)

This is really random, but do you guys remember this infamous video from 2012 (*shivers*)

Okay, pause at 2:46. There is a T-shirt folded over a chair in the background of Phil's bedroom (sorry I haven't completely mastered the ability to post screenshots here yet). I think it could be this T-shirt: What do you guys think?

Have a good weekend!
Very interesting. I'm not sure. But here's the image of Dan in its original coloration:

And here's a screenshot of the shirt on the chair:

busy being happy~
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Catallena wrote:I watched the livestream because of my love for them, not because of their skills.
This. Honestly as much as I want them to have successful careers and all that my first thought when reading it was good I don't have to watch this year. :lol:
Plus as you said earlier changing hosts for things like this is fairly typical and not a big diss to D&P it's just what happens after so many years they play with the formula.
fancybum
senpai

Catallena wrote:
MoonPride wrote: I agree, the interviews were so cringy! I did like the videos posted in the build up towards the show. I really don't think deppy are cut out to be tv presenters in all honesty. They are far more suited to what they do now and even the radio. I remember watching them interview Ant and Dec and it was just so awkward, I felt bad for both sides.
Yeah I loved the YouTube videos, the backstage tours are some of my favorite D&P videos ever because it's just them being cute and funny while dicking around with a camera aka what they do best. :D Basically, more things need to pay Deppy to walk around buildings with a camera.
Aw, this reminded me of Dan's vague interest in doing another documentary type of thing on his own terms. He and Phil should rip off Attenborough for a younger generation and do a documentary series about animals around the world. Go exploring and just fucking around together with some animals. That didn't come out right. Or food around the world. I don't care, just someone give them money and a camera and a mission (and stay hands off, they have full creative control, no pointless 'pensive walking' scenes unless they're taking the piss) and give us a show out of it. YTRed? BBC? I can see it so clearly I'm sad it doesn't already exist.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

I do think it's Dan's shirt. I drew a line where I see the collar and the top of the grey sky.

busy being happy~
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

000dia000 wrote:Yeah, while you can't tell the phandom to calm down about Caspar, I kind of hope that people hee reading this can stop shading him because I'm side-eyeing some comments real hard right now. At least Caspar isn't getting the abuse a smaller-lesser known Youtuber might have gotten. While Caspar does not have the blind following deppy has, he still has devoted followers who'll probably watch (though I'm not sure to the same extent). He'll definitely be a lot less weirder presenter though, so I think the celebs will feel more at ease. Still I wonder how frequent attendees will feel about deppy's sudden absence :')
I checked the tweets where Caspar was tagged and no one is really insulting him. They were were mostly saying that they are disappointed and will not watch the show without D&P. I don't think you can call that harrassment. That is a normal reaction for any change in general. Don't immediately blame the phandom on twitter for that tweet from Caspar.

Dan and Phil are not the best host. They are awkard and cringy most of the time especially with other people. That is the reason why D&P don't collaborate often. It is best that The Brist try out other hosts.

I really just don't get why Caspar when you have Joe Sugg? They have the same audience but Joe is more familiar to other people coz of his sister. Have you tried watching Caspar's celeb interviews/collab on his channel? If you don't get his humor, he's just as bad as D&P. It just screams promo for the sake of promo.

But hey I shouldn't be this invested on that show coz I can't and don't watch it anyway.
annetamiau
lady door

oqua wrote:I do think it's Dan's shirt. I drew a line where I see the collar and the top of the grey sky.

Thanks oqua, that helps. I didn't know the photo I linked wasn't the original one, but I think colours match.
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
iero
phabergé

!! 23 mins wow, off to watch
dontpanic
#relatable

fancybum wrote:
Catallena wrote:
MoonPride wrote: I agree, the interviews were so cringy! I did like the videos posted in the build up towards the show. I really don't think deppy are cut out to be tv presenters in all honesty. They are far more suited to what they do now and even the radio. I remember watching them interview Ant and Dec and it was just so awkward, I felt bad for both sides.
Aw, this reminded me of Dan's vague interest in doing another documentary type of thing on his own terms. He and Phil should rip off Attenborough for a younger generation and do a documentary series about animals around the world. Go exploring and just fucking around together with some animals. That didn't come out right. Or food around the world. I don't care, just someone give them money and a camera and a mission (and stay hands off, they have full creative control, no pointless 'pensive walking' scenes unless they're taking the piss) and give us a show out of it. YTRed? BBC? I can see it so clearly I'm sad it doesn't already exist.

Please please let this happen I feel like this would be a really good BBC show, imagine ppl tuning in for animal footage but instead getting a video of Phil trying to hop along with a kangaroo
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

fancybum wrote:
Catallena wrote:
It kills me that Crunchyroll wanted to send them on a food tour through Japan for a promo thing but they couldn't do it because of TATINOF. IT WOULD'VE BEEN SO GOOD ;____;
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

obviously i haven't watched all of dan's video yet but i wanted to note that the part where he actually complains about things appearing scripted in documentaries was very...humerous... :lol:
thank's you were great
silverwinter
spork

too lazy to post anything substantial rn, but for now...damn that video was good. so so loud but absolutely amazing, i definitely preferred it to the 2015 one, not really sure why tho
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

Just finished watching Dani boi's video, will probably write something longer later.

With the choking part (13:23) when Dan says, "Choking is the one kink I don't actually have, go figure."

Thank you for the clarification Dan. :lol:

Extensive List?
Last edited by lavenderpetals on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dontpanic
#relatable

the one thing I submitted to dan's meme collection was a bunch of links to shittywatercolours' art because honestly he's the father of post-modern memes and god I'm so excited he got a shout out :D

Ffs I'm gonna spend an hour later making timestamps I just know it, I loved this vid
iero
phabergé

i wasn't expecting much from 2016 memes but the vid was v enjoyable! personal highlight was dan almost throwing his laptop at 21:23, that genuine cringe :lol:
000dia000
emo goose

oqua wrote:I do think it's Dan's shirt. I drew a line where I see the collar and the top of the grey sky.

This is a useless comment but I find it really funny that Dan is upside down, it's like WHOOP, THERE HE IS. MAGIC FLOATING DAN.

Okay the diss track video was good, a good watch but not my favourite I think preferred the one last year? Maybe because I wasn't in the phandom for some of the memes so some were a genuine surprise, and his reactions to many were not genuine. Also, I'm not sure why he would ask people to send in memes when he would only feature five, while it does give him a chance to feature some, you can see that he is pressured with time with the sheer quantity...yet this video had less meme contributions than last year (or is just me?) while last year's video was longer. Also the fact, most were not exactly memes but just "moments" maybe somethings were just better left out and more significant things cough cough diss track cough cough should have been focused on more, due to their intensity.

also, I hate to be the one to say it, but his reaction to the choking kink between him and Phil was kind of cringe. Not really an anti-phan moment but more so an anti-kink moment that he found weird between him and Phil and it was kind of weird. Less to do with them overall, more so to do with him and Phil on his channel. Again, hilarious how Phil was basically Beyonce'd, he needed no introduction, just showed up, made a significant supporting role in the production (and if this was the Oscars would have won while Dan was snubbed for all his screaming :lol: )
:cactus:
mez29
procrastinator

I can't believe Janice made it into that, she's becoming a D&P meme of her own.
lavenderpetals wrote:With the choking part (13:23) when Dan says, "Choking is the one kink I don't actually have, go figure."
Ha, that bit sent me into conspiracy mode