Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

uglyamerican wrote:SideTopic / speculation:

So I'm thinking that D&P have made a deal with YouNow that allows them to post their LS to their second channels. YouNow kind of blew it by taking away replays of LS, thinking that would encourage more watching live (and tipping which is split between the creators and YN.) Now that other YouTubers do LS on YT, and then post the shows on their YT channels, I think that D&P made a case that they should be earning views/money on replays. If YouNow didn't allow them to publish their shows on YT, they would move over to YT for both the LS and subsequent views of the recorded shows. I wish they would move the LS over to YouTube for the better performance, but I'm sure they want to be loyal.
Younow actually has a feature that says "Live stream my broadcast on my YouTube channel" which is available to everyone, so I think they just use that :)
silverwinter
spork

isn't youtalktrash another popular yt gossip forum? i'm pretty sure the people from the trisha paytas gg forum migrated there
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Going off topic but I was looking at both Vidcon USA and EU and Dan and Phil aren't listed as featured creators for either con. The page says that more people may be added later but out of curiosity- do Deppy usually confirm pretty early that they are going or is this a new thing?
charlottekath
squish

Amiaw wrote:Going off topic but I was looking at both Vidcon USA and EU and Dan and Phil aren't listed as featured creators for either con. The page says that more people may be added later but out of curiosity- do Deppy usually confirm pretty early that they are going or is this a new thing?
Dan said in his last LS of the year that they hadn't decided if they were going to any of the cons this year, all travelled out after TATINOFF. I think we won't hear until later on in regards to any travel plans.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

charlottekath wrote:
Amiaw wrote:Going off topic but I was looking at both Vidcon USA and EU and Dan and Phil aren't listed as featured creators for either con. The page says that more people may be added later but out of curiosity- do Deppy usually confirm pretty early that they are going or is this a new thing?
Dan said in his last LS of the year that they hadn't decided if they were going to any of the cons this year, all travelled out after TATINOFF. I think we won't hear until later on in regards to any travel plans.
I mean, moving out is quite time consuming.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

If I remember right, vidcon usa usually announces their official main guest line up in April/May. So while some may be confirmed now, most if not all will be confirmed in the next few months. I'm not sure when the EU vidcon is, but I'd assume it's the same time frame, as in a month or so before the event everyone is announced.
While we're on the topic of conventions, playlist should be announcing their featured creators pretty soon as well. Though it should be interesting to see how many youtubers are going to playlist as it's in the beginning of May this year and vidcon is in late June. And it also falls around the same time as youtube's annual creator event in NYC.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:

So I'm thinking that D&P have made a deal with YouNow that allows them to post their LS to their second channels. YouNow kind of blew it by taking away replays of LS, thinking that would encourage more watching live (and tipping which is split between the creators and YN.) Now that other YouTubers do LS on YT, and then post the shows on their YT channels, I think that D&P made a case that they should be earning views/money on replays. If YouNow didn't allow them to publish their shows on YT, they would move over to YT for both the LS and subsequent views of the recorded shows. I wish they would move the LS over to YouTube for the better performance, but I'm sure they want to be loyal.
Younow actually has a feature that says "Live stream my broadcast on my YouTube channel" which is available to everyone, so I think they just use that :)
Does a LS originated on YN get automatically get saved on the YT channel? I noticed that Dan's was watermarked with 'YouNow."
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

uglyamerican wrote:

Does a LS originated on YN get automatically get saved on the YT channel? I noticed that Dan's was watermarked with 'YouNow."
I'm not sure what you are asking but what happen is Dan went live on younow, then click the button livestream to Youtube channel so it broadcast simultaneously. When youtube livestream ends, the channel owner have a choice of uploading it or not (not sure that feature had changed or not to become automatic but it was manual back then if im not mistaken). Phil's ls is not on Youtube because he didn't click the livestream to youtube button.

I'm excited for Dan's liveshow today :yippee:
Love is forever
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan has a tumblr queue going right now. His most recent reblog (as of when I'm posting this) is a picture of two girls at an arcade, one with her hand on the other's ass. The caption relates it back to the Black Mirror episode San Junipero. There is nothing I don't love about Dan reblogging it.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

swofro wrote:
uglyamerican wrote:

I'm not sure what you are asking but what happen is Dan went live on younow, then click the button livestream to Youtube channel so it broadcast simultaneously. When youtube livestream ends, the channel owner have a choice of uploading it or not (not sure that feature had changed or not to become automatic but it was manual back then if im not mistaken). Phil's ls is not on Youtube because he didn't click the livestream to youtube button.

I'm excited for Dan's liveshow today :yippee:
ahh i forgot there was a live show today!! thank the lord
alittledizzy wrote:Dan has a tumblr queue going right now. His most recent reblog (as of when I'm posting this) is a picture of two girls at an arcade, one with her hand on the other's ass. The caption relates it back to the Black Mirror episode San Junipero. There is nothing I don't love about Dan reblogging it.
saw that too. yeah that...arcade looks...really.........nice..............

booty
;)
:biflag: :blackheart:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

the real question is tho: is dan a booty or boob person
:transheart:
fancybum
senpai

Skylar wrote:the real question is tho: is dan a booty or boob person
the real answer is he's an ass man.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
papierklemmen
flower crown

fancy_nancy
phabergé

ASs
secretagentphan
procrastinator

so #relatable I am also a bi person who's all about dat ass (because nice butts have no gender)
I'm excited for the liveshow!! It'll be interesting to see what Dan has to say about his video. I have a feeling he'll backtrack big time on him talking about his mental illnesses because of the drama and pity. I'm the same way, but it sucks because that's probably why he's so secretive. The phandom blows everything out of proportion.
Philena
blobfish

secretagentphan wrote:so #relatable I am also a bi person who's all about dat ass (because nice butts have no gender)
I'm right there with ya! Also, truly nice asses are hard to find, and need to be appreciated for the fine pieces of art they are. (Where's the ASs emoji?!)

Am excited for a new ls!
lishachi
eclipse shirt

Philena wrote:
secretagentphan wrote:so #relatable I am also a bi person who's all about dat ass (because nice butts have no gender)
I'm right there with ya! Also, truly nice asses are hard to find, and need to be appreciated for the fine pieces of art they are. (Where's the ASs emoji?!)

Am excited for a new ls!
right with you both
:biflag: :blackheart:
Laney
drama llama

literally, same
secretagentphan
procrastinator

lishachi Laney we should start a club
swofro
angel bean

Philena wrote:

Am excited for a new ls!
ASs emoji: :ASs:
Love is forever
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

papierklemmen
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote:
cool story, phil

p.s. lol, he commented on the video...
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Laney wrote:

literally, same
Yes! ASs (who even believes that it was an accidental tweet and not a drunk tweet???)

Dan should watch Ru Paul's Drag Race coz those queens have great butts.
dontpanic
#relatable

dan happily talking about going to disneyland as a child is my aesthetic I love hearing him talk about positive child experiences
and I love dan's grandma mentions
Moony
sofa crease

kind of happy that dan didn't like sherlock season 4
i am salty