Dan & Phil Part 36: Wholesome Howell and AmazingPhlegm

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

And so we wait.

In the meantime, let the bantz continue! :D
busy being happy~
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Honestly, sometimes attempting to decipher the rules feels really futile to me, because sometimes his writing is pretty impossible to read even in perfectly clear and closeup images.

"giraffe sound like"

"with a warning label"

Like, wtf?
busy being happy~
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

This for sure doesn't count as a meme, but just for the sake of reflection I remember in the midst of this hot mess this post kept making me laugh.

(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
secretagentphan
procrastinator

pixlexia wrote:This for sure doesn't count as a meme, but just for the sake of reflection I remember in the midst of this hot mess this post kept making me laugh.

THIS IS FANTASTIC
Also Dan's teachers must've HATED him oh my lord I find it hard to believe that HE can even read his own writing. My handwriting is ugly but at least it's somewhat legible...

Also I don't think there was enough Dan memes this year to make a whole video..? Like I really don't have high hopes for the new video tbh which sucks, but I am very excited for Dan to have more time to make sketch/story DINOF videos because I honestly miss them and the "I nearly blinded myself" video was
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Also not to be that super annoying kid who double posts but I just need to say.. there were literally no good Dan memes this year because all they gave us were phan so I'm not going to feel at all bad if all he gets is #busgate because THAT'S LITERALLY ALL THERE IS? the only "memes" this year was the phandom calling them married tbh, but what other choice did they give?
AmazingOCD
glabella

Hi everyone,

This probably is NOT the right place to post an introduction (I mean why should I break the discussion about the top Dan memes of 2016 and YES YES YES i agree withthe point that almost all the memes involve Phil! . Can't they just get married already???)

Whoever came up with buying the downstairs flat idea to use as the IBD headquarters, I salute all of you. It was a team effort!

I've been a long time reader/lurker on this forum and I have never come across an universal attitude that is so positive from all of you members!
(Compare this place to the other site, which I've read a lot as well, the attitudes there are bordering on hostile/ignorant/how are they still deppy fans if all they do is complain)

Sorry about that.

Anyway, now that ive made the brave decision to create my account, I can finally join in!!!

I cant wait to see what Deppy will bring us in 2017! (And judging by those tweets the lads have, i think it will be their same goofy selves saying the silly things we cringe and giggle at (in the wrong places, like the uni library, oh dear)

Love from an Irish phan.
(Who cries inside everyday that she had no idea about TATINOF Dublin until she caught up on videos thanks to an assignment heavy uni degree)

PS: Any fellow Irish cairde here?
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
blueapple_x
flower crown

A lot of the things being suggested may not technically be memes but from what I've seen there's:

Calculating/confused Dan
Inner Dan meme
Steve Harvery inspired meme
(I realize these three are original memes adapted to Dan so who knows if he'd count them)

"Crying" Dan from liveshow
#rubberupfordan

Choking/kinky memes/jokes

Dankisnotonfire (looking stoned at a M&G)/weed sweater/vaping dan memes/jokes
"Spanish" Dan
Diss track related things

Furry memes/jokes

"Shook" Dan
Perhaps some dapgo memes as well? Also, I can't remember if there were any good BONCAs ones...

I don't remember much off the top of my head so most of this list is stuff I've seen people suggesting on twitter. Based on this list alone, I think he'll probably have an okay amount to choose from? What he wants to put in a video is another story.
Last edited by blueapple_x on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
secretagentphan
procrastinator

AmazingOCD wrote:Hi everyone,

This probably is NOT the right place to post an introduction (I mean why should I break the discussion about the top Dan memes of 2016 and YES YES YES i agree withthe point that almost all the memes involve Phil! . Can't they just get married already???)

Whoever came up with buying the downstairs flat idea to use as the IBD headquarters, I salute all of you. It was a team effort!

I've been a long time reader/lurker on this forum and I have never come across an universal attitude that is so positive from all of you members!
(Compare this place to the other site, which I've read a lot as well, the attitudes there are bordering on hostile/ignorant/how are they still deppy fans if all they do is complain)

Sorry about that.

Anyway, now that ive made the brave decision to create my account, I can finally join in!!!

I cant wait to see what Deppy will bring us in 2017! (And judging by those tweets the lads have, i think it will be their same goofy selves saying the silly things we cringe and giggle at (in the wrong places, like the uni library, oh dear)

Love from an Irish phan.
(Who cries inside everyday that she had no idea about TATINOF Dublin until she caught up on videos thanks to an assignment heavy uni degree)

Welcome!!
I'm not actually from Ireland but as an American from New England I am EXTREMELY Irish ethnicity wise.

I forgot about a lot of those Dan memes actually! I guess I underestimated him lol. I'm still hoping he throws in a little for my poor phan trash heart though. Let a girl dream.
000dia000
emo goose

Sorry about that.

Love from an Irish phan.

Sup. :platonic:
And I feel your pain about missing TATINOF Dublin, I really do :')
:cactus:
silverwinter
spork

blueapple_x wrote:A lot of the things being suggested may not technically be memes but from what I've seen there's:

Calculating/confused Dan
Inner Dan meme
Steve Harvery inspired meme
(I realize these three are original memes adapted to Dan so who knows if he'd count them)

"Crying" Dan from liveshow
#rubberupfordan

Choking/kinky memes/jokes

Dankisnotonfire (looking stoned at a M&G)/weed sweater/vaping dan memes/jokes
"Spanish" Dan
Diss track related things

Furry memes/jokes

"Shook" Dan
Perhaps some dapgo memes as well? Also, I can't remember if there were any good BONCAs ones...

I don't remember much off the top of my head so most of this list is stuff I've seen people suggesting on twitter. Based on this list alone, I think he'll probably have an okay amount to choose from? What he wants to put in a video is another story.
damn, i really thought the only meme this year was bedgate, but you're right, there's some here that were definitely big. stoner!dan, #rubberupfordan, and the crying!dan liveshow moment are definitely ones that were popular in 2016.

this is really bad, but tbh the only other thing i remember that was popular in 2016 is "wtf even is your sexuality" which people used to spam. quite obnoxious and he's probs not gonna include that anyways
lurkin
squish
Pronouns: they/them

oqua wrote:Honestly, sometimes attempting to decipher the rules feels really futile to me, because sometimes his writing is pretty impossible to read even in perfectly clear and closeup images.

"giraffe sound like"

"with a warning label"

Like, wtf?
Honestly, I like to believe that theory that Dan isn't a natural lefty and just uses his left hand to be "edgy" lmao. Like no one I know writes that terribly.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ugh *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
secretagentphan
procrastinator

lurkin wrote:
oqua wrote:Honestly, sometimes attempting to decipher the rules feels really futile to me, because sometimes his writing is pretty impossible to read even in perfectly clear and closeup images.

"giraffe sound like"

"with a warning label"

Like, wtf?
Honestly, I like to believe that theory that Dan isn't a natural lefty and just uses his left hand to be "edgy" lmao. Like no one I know writes that terribly.
COULD YOU IMAGINE?? he must've only started writing with his left hand like last year by the looks of it... the only explanation
blu
squish

secretagentphan wrote:
lurkin wrote:

"giraffe sound like"

"with a warning label"

Like, wtf?
COULD YOU IMAGINE?? he must've only started writing with his left hand like last year by the looks of it... the only explanation
personally i like to believe that dan is ambisinistral (that both his hands are as skilled as a righty's left hand) :D
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

"giraffe sound like"

"with a warning label"

Like, wtf?
pfft, that totally says "girajjer sard lve" and "lubh a wotry lde" can't you even read?
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

adequate duck wrote:

"giraffe sound like"

"with a warning label"

Like, wtf?
pfft, that totally says "girajjer sard lve" and "lubh a wotry lde" can't you even read?
You're right. I was thinking "ginger sand live" but I can see now that it's CLEARLY "girajjer sard lve"
You're a genius!
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
MoonPride
moon room

Slighty OT but regarding voldy, was people really shipping them that hard in the what 5 months of meeting up that they really had to make a prank video? Obv I don't believe it was a prank but like how many subscribers did they have back when Phil made that video?
papierklemmen
flower crown

MoonPride wrote:Slighty OT but regarding voldy, was people really shipping them that hard in the what 5 months of meeting up that they really had to make a prank video? Obv I don't believe it was a prank but like how many subscribers did they have back when Phil made that video?
I believe people were not "shipping" them in a fandom sense back then (fanfiction/fanart/tumblr headcanons/speculating about their sex life, fantasizing about their future house, dogs and children), but afaik people questioned the nature of their relationship in the comments or on formspring ("are you two dating? are you gay? is dan your boyfriend? is that a hickey?") or teased them ("you sure that's milk? or is dan round your house? ;)"). you can find those if you look at their dailybooth, twitter and formspring screenshots. i personally think it's more than enough to warrant a prank. i don't get why people think you have to be an established youtuber with a huge fanbase of shippers to get an idea to prank people about it; a handful of friends who are confused about your relationship is enough (but still in bad taste). but ymmv.
MoonPride
moon room

papierklemmen wrote:
MoonPride wrote:Slighty OT but regarding voldy, was people really shipping them that hard in the what 5 months of meeting up that they really had to make a prank video? Obv I don't believe it was a prank but like how many subscribers did they have back when Phil made that video?
I believe people were not "shipping" them in a fandom sense back then (fanfiction/fanart/tumblr headcanons/speculating about their sex life, fantasizing about their future house, dogs and children), but afaik people questioned the nature of their relationship in the comments or on formspring ("are you two dating? are you gay? is dan your boyfriend? is that a hickey?") or teased them ("you sure that's milk? or is dan round your house? ;)"). you can find those if you look at their dailybooth, twitter and formspring screenshots. i personally think it's more than enough to warrant a prank. i don't get why people think you have to be an established youtuber with a huge fanbase of shippers to get an idea to prank people about it; a handful of friends who are confused about your relationship is enough (but still in bad taste). but ymmv.
I have seen the dailybooths and stuff and imo the answers and posts they gave to certain things proves there was something a bit more than just friendship going on.

I'm just curious as to how many people were shipping them etc at that point that (if true) thought lets make a prank video of Phil declaring his love.
dannonfill
spork

Phil had around 120,000 subs, Dan had around 30,000. But the video was posted to lessamazingphil (right?) which had 3,000-40,000 subs... web archive only has 2009 & 2011
here's some 2010 PINOF comments for example of people's reactions
ImageImageImageImage personally, I don't think there were enough people "shipping" them in any sense to warrant a prank like that, from looking at old comments and talking to people who were around back then. Combined with the amount of people subbed to the lessamazingphil channel, yeah I don't see it
... let's talk about house plants.
papierklemmen
flower crown

i don't know, man, why is shipping or a certain number of shippers a prerequisite for making such a prank?

one of the youtubers they hung out with, mrtinoforever, made a prank video message to crabstickz in november, 2009. it was a pretty obvious (and ridiculous) prank, not like voldy at all, but it was still made in a form of a "confession" video. were people shipping them? was that a thing? idk, but i don't think so?
i'm not saying vday video is a prank, i'm just saying that you don't really have to have a particular reason for a "joke" like that.
MoonPride
moon room

dannonfill wrote:Phil had around 120,000 subs, Dan had around 30,000. But the video was posted to lessamazingphil (right?) which had 3,000-40,000 subs... web archive only has 2009 & 2011
here's some 2010 PINOF comments for example of people's reactions
ImageImageImageImage personally, I don't think there were enough people "shipping" them in any sense to warrant a prank like that, from looking at old comments and talking to people who were around back then. Combined with the amount of people subbed to the lessamazingphil channel, yeah I don't see it
Those comments seem pretty harmless, and I really can't see how they a warrented a prank video.

Also Dan's comment on the voldy vid itself, was that fake or real? I have read mixed things about that.

Sorry to go over old stuff like this.
papierklemmen
flower crown

MoonPride wrote:
Also Dan's comment on the voldy vid itself, was that fake or real? .
i'm afraid that mystery will never be resolved :lol:
MoonPride
moon room

papierklemmen wrote:
MoonPride wrote:
So we don't know if it's photoshopped or not?
Raspberrypi
crusty sponge

Sorry about that.

Love from an Irish phan.

Also the exact same thing happened to me with TATINOF as well Hahaha.

Also, looking at those 2010 comments from pinof makes me cringe even more than the YouTube comments left these days, I'd forgotten how weird humor was on the Internet back then
dannonfill
spork

fair point papierklemmen, I just wouldn't think of pranking a small portion of my audience I'd need a good reason myself. but I'm not Dan or Phil (allegedly)
MoonPride wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
MoonPride wrote:
So we don't know if it's photoshopped or not?
I always just figured it was real but thinking about it, the video was private, which would mean only Phil’s account had access to the video (unless it worked differently in 2010), which would make it impossible for Dan to comment. So either it was unlisted or the comment is fake?
hm, that'd be a shame, it's a cute exchange
... let's talk about house plants.