Dan & Phil Part 37: A better way to live

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
NoOneWantsATortoise
squish

flarequake wrote:Poor Dan falling over again, he must be bruised inside and out after this and the stairs. And five people laughing at him cos they love him so much. I'd be fussing over him, perhaps it's better they laugh. I love his new hat too.
Of course he bought an updated version of the going up North fuzzy hat, the nerd.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Here I am with my opinion on Who's Your Daddy. Late to the party because I wanted to watch it whilst I had an empty house.

Personally I didn't really enjoy it. It'll be one of those videos that I watched and won't go back to. I found the game pretty crap and their game play was boring because Dan is always good at these kind of things and Phil (bless him) is never going to do that well. I also found them screaming Daddy for the 100th time kinda boring. Oh well, The IOM stuff is keeping me more than interested.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Aw poor Dan said he sprained his wrist and knee (according to his Twitter) :(
hmm
drama llama

idontreallyknow wrote:deppy mention in Felix's new video

2:58-3:12
"Dan and Phil, I would sell them to slavery! Actually, I would marry Phil. He seems lovely. Uh Dan however, yeah sell Dan to slavery!"
Anyone else find this kind of weird the way he said it? Maybe it's just his sense of humor idk

can't get link to embed help
was this video deleted? what was the video name
phoenixfeather
dank meme

So Dan just liked a tweet (like literally minutes ago, I accidentally navigated off his likes page and when I navigated back to it, it was there) from Owen Jones that linked to this article: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... xic-agenda saying it was going to be the "biggest ever U.K. protest against Donald Trump". After clicking it, Dan's name is mentioned as one of the first supporters. Later in the article it states the protest is happening March 4. Am I reading this right? Is Dan going out to protest??
Philena
blobfish

phoenixfeather wrote:So Dan just liked a tweet (like literally minutes ago, I accidentally navigated off his likes page and when I navigated back to it, it was there) from Owen Jones that linked to this article: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... xic-agenda saying it was going to be the "biggest ever U.K. protest against Donald Trump". After clicking it, Dan's name is mentioned as one of the first supporters. Later in the article it states the protest is happening March 4. Am I reading this right? Is Dan going out to protest??
Sure enough! Fucking good for him!!!!

Here's the tweet
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Philena wrote:
phoenixfeather wrote:So Dan just liked a tweet (like literally minutes ago, I accidentally navigated off his likes page and when I navigated back to it, it was there) from Owen Jones that linked to this article: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... xic-agenda saying it was going to be the "biggest ever U.K. protest against Donald Trump". After clicking it, Dan's name is mentioned as one of the first supporters. Later in the article it states the protest is happening March 4. Am I reading this right? Is Dan going out to protest??

Here's the tweet
Yes go Dan!!! This makes me so happy, I truly hope he gets more comfortable about expressing political opinions. I think he honestly is passionate about politics, and this does look to be a sign that maybe he's starting to worry less about potential negative reactions. Good on him, I hope this continues
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Philena wrote:

Here's the tweet
This is honestly so great! I'm so proud of him turning his words into actions. You go, Dan-coco!

Interesting that Phil's not involved. Not that I'm making any judgement on Phil - plus, they're allowed to have their own things. Just curious how that conversation went...
dannonfill
spork
Pronouns: they/them

rizzo wrote:
Philena wrote:

Here's the tweet
This is honestly so great! I'm so proud of him turning his words into actions. You go, Dan-coco!

Interesting that Phil's not involved. Not that I'm making any judgement on Phil - plus, they're allowed to have their own things. Just curious how that conversation went...
to Dan
Was just about to post the same about Phil. Does he not care as much as Dan? Does he consider activism like this too out of line with his image? Have they finally merged enough for Dan to count for the both of them? :lol:
I’d love to hear what they both have to say about this
... let's talk about house plants.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

rizzo wrote:
I found that interesting too! I wonder if Dan was contacted by the organisers and asked if he wanted to be involved, or if he heard about it and contacted them. I think the first is probably more likely, but I'm not sure. It doesn't really surprise me that Phil isn't involved tbh, he has always been more private about things like that.

Of course, it would be nice to see him get involved in something political like this but like you said, no judgment really, they can have separate things and Dan does seem to be more politically conscious/active than Phil. That doesn't necessarily mean Phil isn't involved in his own way or support the cause. I hope one day we see Phil be more open about politics/activism, and I'm super proud of Dan for backing his words with action!
psychicmoth
living flop

Philena wrote:

Here's the tweet
So proud of Dan!

I'm curious about Phil too, because I can totally see Dan dragging him to the protest lol even I can see Martin, Cornelia and some of their friends going with them. Probably Phil wanted to show his support in a less loud way, who knows, but it would be very nice to see him in the protest even if he isn't on that list.

Anyways, I'm very proud of Dan!

Also, I'm curious about why is he on the top of the list, is there any possibility to him to give a speech or something similar?
Last edited by psychicmoth on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
secretagentphan
procrastinator

the only people I know on that list is Dan and Brian Eno but I love them so much that's enough for me tbh...
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Is there a way to let Dan know how pleased as punch I am that he put his name publically on a political thing? It's a big step and frankly a little scary and I feel like he could use some moral support.

With that said I hope he is careful, times are scary and large protests are very overwhelming for people with even mild social anxiety. I can't go to them without having a meltdown from over-stimulation from all the people packed in tight and the talking and music and speeches and such. I wish him luck.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

Just remembering how he has said multiple times that he's uncomfortable giving his opinion on this type of stuff makes me so so happy that he's doing this. Very proud of him
dontpanic
#relatable

Maya wrote:
Philena wrote:

Here's the tweet
So proud of Dan!

I'm curious about Phil too, because I can totally see Dan dragging him to the protest lol even I can see Martin, Cornelia and some of their friends going with them. Probably Phil wanted to show his support in a less loud way, who knows, but it would be very nice to see him in the protest even if he isn't on that list.

Anyways, I'm very proud of Dan!

Also, I'm curious about why is he on the top of the list, is there any possibility to him to give a speech or something similar?
I'm guessing Dan's at the top of the list because he has more name recognition than most of the others on the list. The other bigger "celebrities" seem to be Brian Eno and Lily Allen (pop singer, super popular in the mid-to-late 2000s, newest album wasn't too bad actually), and they're listed in front of him, the other people mostly political figures, non-profit heads, and journalists. I wouldn't think he would give a speech or anything, but who knows?

I'm so proud of him he's always surprising me with how much he's matured since he posted his first youtube videos. I can't wait until he talks about this in his liveshow, I wonder if he's going to talk about politics in less general terms like he usually does.

Everything about phil's birthday trip/week with the family is a gift from above I can't wait to hear dan and/or phil tell this story outloud...I wonder if they would mention being with phil's family at the time? I can't actually remember either of them telling a story specifically saying that both of them were together with phil's parents.

Also did Dan just change his header or has it been like that for a while and I just didn't notice?? What does it mean?

Edit I noticed Olly Alexander (lead singer from Years&Years) was on the list. I wonder if dan likes his music?
Last edited by dontpanic on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Moderator Action :
Hi everyone! I've added some embed buttons and modified some of the existing ones. I'll be adding this info to the forum FAQ soon but I wanted to cover it here too.

1) Spoilers within spoilers

I added a tag called "OuterSpoiler," which will allow you to put a post that contains spoilers under another spoiler. (I mean, you could use it to place anything under a spoiler, and it'll work just like the spoiler tag, but basically this allows spoilers within spoilers to be parsed as their own separate spoilers, if that makes sense.) Anyway:

Example:
Hello. (This was hidden by the "outer spoiler" tag)
Goodbye. (This was hidden by the regular "spoiler" tag)
Code:

Code: Select all

[outerspoiler]Hello. (This was hidden by the "outer spoiler" tag)[spoiler]Goodbye. (This was hidden by the regular "spoiler" tag)[/spoiler][/outerspoiler]
2) Ability to embed shortened YouTube links

You can now use mobile/shortened YouTube links (the ones beginning with https://youtu.be/ that it generates for you if you click "share" on a video) to embed videos as well. Just use the tag "YT" instead of "YouTube."

[YT]https://youtu.be/ZCHRWn46s7Y[/YT]
3) You no longer have to delete the "s" from "https" in full or shortened YouTube links in order for the embedding to work! That's right folks, the YouTube embedding tags now work with links that begin with either http OR https. What a thrilling day this is.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bGUSIDVt7o[/youtube]
4) Trigger warnings

The trigger warnings tag now functions as a combined TW note and spoiler. Specify the trigger after the = in the tag, then put the potentially triggering content between the tags.
content that could be triggering
Code:

[tw=you can specify the potential trigger]content that could be triggering[/tw]
5) Instagram

As I mentioned earlier today, I modified the code for Instagram embedding so it now embeds the entire post, not just the image. (And as a reminder: The only thing that you put between the tags is the image ID, not the entire URL!)

Example:
Code:

[Instagram]BP-xXdmjMbh[/Instagram]

Hope these are helpful! And I'm still working on figuring out the best way to embed Tumblr posts, but it's coming soon, I promise!
busy being happy~
dontpanic
#relatable

oqua You're awesome! All these changes look so helpful!! :platonic:
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

hmm wrote:
idontreallyknow wrote:deppy mention in Felix's new video

2:58-3:12
"Dan and Phil, I would sell them to slavery! Actually, I would marry Phil. He seems lovely. Uh Dan however, yeah sell Dan to slavery!"
Anyone else find this kind of weird the way he said it? Maybe it's just his sense of humor idk

can't get link to embed help
was this video deleted? what was the video name
deleted and reuploaded for some reason (idk why)
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

oqua wrote:
Moderator Action :
Hi everyone! I've added some embed buttons and modified some of the existing ones. I'll be adding this info to the forum FAQ soon but I wanted to cover it here too.

Hope these are helpful! And I'm still working on figuring out the best way to embed Tumblr posts, but it's coming soon, I promise!
Thanks, this is all so great!

You can't put an outerspoiler around an outerspoiler, can you? Don't mind me, I just break things :facepalm: .
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

LeftHandedism wrote:
oqua wrote:
Moderator Action :

Thanks, this is all so great!

You can't put an outerspoiler around an outerspoiler, can you? Don't mind me, I just break things :facepalm: .
No, you can't, and if an outerspoiler contains a spoiler, you can't put a spoiler around it either. So, just two levels of spoilers are possible. (I mean, I could theoretically add more levels but I don't want to get too carried away.)
busy being happy~
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

mysterylovescompany wrote: deleted and reuploaded for some reason (idk why)
music copyright
yupitsme
sofa crease

Awh, I feel so proud of Dan as well. The fact that he's the only YouTuber on the list makes me even more proud, he dares to stand out from the crowd for his beliefs :sobs:. I did think it was funny that he is the only one with a link to his Twitter account, apparently they were still a bit unsure if people would recognize the name Dan Howell but I assume they still wanted him mentioned as one of the first people because of his loyal fanbase. :D
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I can only echo everyone else, so proud of Dan for standing up for his beliefs. Even though you don't have to make your involvement public and could still do something, like donations, it makes me so happy to see this. I hope he knows how proud we are!

And, oqua, I love the changes From all the forums I've ever been a member of (which are many), this one truly has one of the best layouts and navigations. And by far the best emoticons
pulvis et umbra sumus
felucca
truth bomb

Y'know I can live with this. Deppy just casually hanging out in the north without giving a fuck, a video every now and then... happiness

I want them to get a dog so badly now. Been looking at dogs myself recently and this other week I ran across a bunch of shibas at a dog show - all I could think about was Deppy! Hopefully hanging out with the Lesters inspires them to finally move out of that stupid actually nice apartment and get themselves a house somewhere they can go for nature walks and fall down hills a bit more often.

Loved Phil's last video btw. I like that he actually used something we've known about his family for a while (psychic grandma, superstitious family) and made entertainment out of it, it felt so genuine.
dontpanic wrote:Edit I noticed Olly Alexander (lead singer from Years&Years) was on the list. I wonder if dan likes his music?
He talked about Years & Years/Ollie a few times in 2015 liveshows and radio shows, but I'm not sure if it was from a love of the band or just because he thought the lead singer is pretty. :lol:

All I've got is this clip:
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
Waggle9007
sofa crease

I'm so happy Dan is involved in this! Also, in regards to the order of names at the end, I'm not sure it is by 'recognisability', simply due to the fact that I'm pretty sure most people in the UK have heard of Ed Milliband, and he's pretty far down the list. Also, there are some pretty great comedians listed in there too, as well as some of the shadow cabinet.
Last edited by Waggle9007 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.