Dan & Phil Part 37: A better way to live

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
momoroki
glabella
Pronouns: she/her

AHHH omg! Temporarily de-lurking to just voice my happiness at Dan going to the demonstration - 2017 really is shaping up to be a great year even just in February.

As for Phil, he's gotta get taken along with Dan - I have faith. I literally cannot imagine Dan going by himself. Hoping for more updates soon!

Also the Lester clan walk killed me wtf I can die happy I am SO happy

Edit: omg top of the page? I'm usually near the bottom what is this new world - sorry it wasn't more than just me being happy trash haha
willowgarden
squish

From the article's final paragraphs, May has refused to answer questions about dismantling and selling off parts of the National Health Service to private US industry interests. Once the US drug companies relocated to places like Ireland headquarters, they saw how NHS worked (or didn't) and then salivated over convincing the British public, with their pensions and incomes, that private insurance would work better.

So while may have toured and made a lot of money from book deals and #spon in the last few years, they remember how a 19 yr old received emergency surgery in Manchester without having to pay 5k or 10k quid out of pocket. Good for them!!! I'm happy to see support for protecting the public good rather than private interests.

Normally I read this forum for discussion of attractive, funny male personalities. Throwing support toward Gram's NHS? Get you a man who can do both.
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
ashinjapan
smol bean

momoroki wrote:AHHH omg! Temporarily de-lurking to just voice my happiness at Dan going to the demonstration - 2017 really is shaping up to be a great year even just in February.

As for Phil, he's gotta get taken along with Dan - I have faith. I literally cannot imagine Dan going by himself. Hoping for more updates soon!

Also the Lester clan walk killed me wtf I can die happy I am SO happy

Edit: omg top of the page? I'm usually near the bottom what is this new world - sorry it wasn't more than just me being happy trash haha
where is it said that he's actually going to any demonstration?
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Oqua and the rest of the mods. Thanks for all the cool updates. You guys are awesome!
I'm really proud of political activist Dan.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
corn flakes
moon room

I even forgot my password :oops:

Dan,gotta give to you, it takes some serious courage to be willing to stand up and speak up in front of lots of people for your cause. I've got faith he is going to do his best, will wait to see how it goes, but I can only say it's good to see this nerd go out of his confort zone, make maybe mistakes, but try.

Regarding Phil, can be quite sure he is not protrump, so whatever else he does is good in my book.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
iero
phabergé

so happy dan has come forward in this love how he's becoming more comfortable sharing things in all different aspects and taking action in his beliefs.
mez29
procrastinator

ah political Dan I love his lowkey connection with Owen Jones, they follow each other on twitter and instagram (Owen's mostly a newspaper journalist but does political stuff on YouTube too and I always find tiny similarities with Dan's videos. My dream is for them to collab one day.)

I think the inclusion of Dan's twitter handle (lol @ those intercaps) could in fact be because he isn't as well-known as the other celebrities on there. Someone like my mum would have heard of all the others until the less major politicians start, I reckon, but not Dan.

+ oqua coding queen. The tw code makes so much more sense now. I've always wondered if the off-topic one could be changed to something similar (cos it looks a bit weird putting the less relevant stuff in bold?)
Aurdie
spork

As said by others, very proud of Dan for taking a public, political stand ! (As I write from my hometown of Chicago waiting for tRump's "Feds" to come fix the "carnage").
"If you have an exit strategy it's not an obsession." - Mark Cuban
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Really happy and proud of Dan for getting involved with this :D.
:D
jesp
why bother

mez29 wrote:I've always wondered if the off-topic one could be changed to something similar (cos it looks a bit weird putting the less relevant stuff in bold?)
I'll mention the off topic thing to the other mods, but I want to take this chance to say, to everyone, that the off topic tags were made not for discussion that's off topic from the current conversation, but discussions about things not related to Dan and Phil in any way. For example, bringing up an older video isn't off topic, whereas talking about your exam results is.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

willowgarden wrote:From the article's final paragraphs, May has refused to answer questions about dismantling and selling off parts of the National Health Service to private US industry interests. Once the US drug companies relocated to places like Ireland headquarters, they saw how NHS worked (or didn't) and then salivated over convincing the British public, with their pensions and incomes, that private insurance would work better.

So while may have toured and made a lot of money from book deals and #spon in the last few years, they remember how a 19 yr old received emergency surgery in Manchester without having to pay 5k or 10k quid out of pocket. Good for them!!! I'm happy to see support for protecting the public good rather than private interests.

Normally I read this forum for discussion of attractive, funny male personalities. Throwing support toward Gram's NHS? Get you a man who can do both.
Normally I come for discussion of attractive, funny male personalities. Incisive trans-Atlantic political insights? Get you a forum that can do both.

Though Dan's name is not attached to that part of the letter, it's so wonderful to think that that's part of his motivation. We know he's in favor of the NHS (which I believe most Brits still are) here:

@5:44

Of course American companies want to prey on Brits if they can, though frankly they'll have plenty of Americans to prey on in a few months when health care is completely commoditized again. (I had a similar surgery to Dan's a few years ago, and the list price was $80K. Without insurance, I would have been in debt for decades.)

[offtopic]It is interesting to me that Britain is so very upset about Trump. (And gratifying, of course!) I wonder if some of this is displaced dismay over the done deal of Brexit? National Public Radio's reporter said that the London Women's March was larger than the protest against Brexit. I'd love to hear any Brits' thoughts--I think we maybe have a political thread here somewhere?[/offtopic]
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
SquishPhan
capita£ester

So squishy.
simmehchan
butt chair

SquishPhan wrote:
So squishy.
I swear to god I hope they never leave the Isle of Man and just stay there and post cute pictures every day.

EDIT: Glad we got a better take though. :lol:

EDIT again bc damn:
Is posting fan photos okay? I hope so, cause Phil looks so good here
Last edited by simmehchan on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

SquishPhan wrote:
So squishy.
Too adorable. It's like it's 2009 again. It makes me too happy coz Phil took this photo. Why do I feel that this trip is more of Phil's gift to Dan than the other way around??

But is it too much to ask for their photo together???? I want to see a happy!Phil as well. DAN! Learn to share. :sideeye:
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Dan's new furry hat will be the death of me.
busy being happy~
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, young-style squish-Dan and slightly fed up, but hot Phil Dan looks fricking adorable, he just is so cute.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Why, oh why are they so damn cute? :lel: Actually, Dan looks cute and Phil hot in those photos. Why do they do this to us?
simmehchan wrote:
I swear to god I hope they never leave the Isle of Man and just stay there and post cute pictures every day.
And film videos every now and then
pulvis et umbra sumus
SquishPhan
capita£ester

simmehchan wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
So squishy.

EDIT: Glad we got a better take though. :lol:

EDIT again bc damn:
Is posting fan photos okay? I hope so, cause Phil looks so good here
Nice to get a pic of Phil as well. And he does look really good.
majitzu
angel bean

They are back in London, Phil was jogging while Dan was being lazy at home

Edit: Maybe Dan did hurt himself when he fell last time, so he can't join Phil in the running. Or maybe he is just lazy
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Good grief, I am so here for these natural, adorable pictures of Dan and Phil. And Phil jogging? Werq, tbh. ;)

Also, filing that fan pic away into my folder of proof that Phil definitely wears black and pushes his hair back when he'd rather not be noticed. I see you, Phil. I see you....

ETA: I also really like that Dan captioned his insta with just a smiley. I think in general, it's reflective of their general attitude and happiness as of late and makes me emotional. :sobs:
Last edited by rizzo on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

oqua wrote:Dan's new furry hat will be the death of me.
New furry hat for a new furry him.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

majitzu wrote:They are back in London, Phil was jogging while Dan was being lazy at home

Edit: Maybe Dan did hurt himself when he fell last time, so he can't join Phil in the running. Or maybe he is just lazy
You might be right because dan did say that he sprained his hand and knee apparently. I mean he might have been being over dramatic but he might have who knows.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
iero
phabergé

dan is extra cute lately i love that phil is wearing his uni tshirt
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

God, those pictures. Dan looks adorable and Phil just looks hot. I think I'd be less than thrilled about having my picture taken if I were out running. :lol:
kay
phabergé

The natural smiles are what get me the most. Such a change from recent years. We saw this start in TABINOF, them looking relaxed and happy and loving life. Excited for what 2017 will bring them and, as a result, us