Dan & Phil Part 37: A better way to live

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

Image Image
Image Image
(gifs source: demonphannie)
KlaBimm
crusty sponge

Susanisnotonfire and AmazingRichard. They keep up the cute bubble-names.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

KlaBimm wrote:Susanisnotonfire and AmazingRichard. They keep up the cute bubble-names.
Yes! I hope one time we use them as a thread name as I think the names at the end are hilarious.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
papierklemmen
flower crown

no @ that video.

no @ pewdiepie's mention in their video.

hard pass.
KlaBimm
crusty sponge

I think I liked the gamingvideo? It was kinda cute and quiet, even though it was a game where everybody apparently screams? And something was ... different(?) about Phil that confused me in the beginning and then made me stare at his face for the whole video. He is beautiful.

(Sorry. Not much of consistence to say besides I like it)
Philena
blobfish

Omg, Happy Wheels literally killed me. I was crying with laughter the entire time. It probably helps that I have never seen the game before, but I love the morbid humor.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

i'm very drunk right now oops it's like 9pm here. i am excited to watch their new videos. thank god for it reductive text (or not who knows) lol
:biflag: :blackheart:
Ablissa
pastel persona

I actually thought the video was really cute and had a lot of moments that I don't have the energy to write out as time stamps :D I don't care for the game but I enjoyed their interactions, to me they seemed rather genuine and they seemed to be feeling good in each other's company.
And most of all, I'm happy to get a new DAPG video. Still feeling deprived after Gamingmas :(

Edit: I don't like Felix either but I don't really care whether they mention him or not, idk if I'm alone in this or what
Last edited by Ablissa on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

"everyone's problematic dad"?
no.
thank's you were great
papierklemmen
flower crown

lurker wrote:"everyone's problematic dad"?
no.
ikr? jesus, what a way to start a year. :facepalm:
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I laughed my ass off They are so adorable, I really needed this! Phil was so bad though, I hope they never play this as a DvP...

But the PewDiePie mentions made me uncomfortable and killed the vibe a bit :(
pulvis et umbra sumus
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

my boyfriend watched the video with me (his first time properly watching deppy). his review:
why is that one with brown hair so loud and what's up with his lip, he speaks funny.

i think i might rewatch the video in a couple of days, i found it quite funny and definitely laughed a few times but with the tragedy that happened in melbourne today i felt awful for finding anything like that humourous.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
sentinel
lady door

he should have gone with "everyone's problematic edgelord"
MoonPride
moon room

Not my fave but it was ok. At least it wasn't The Impossible Quiz.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

What a great lighthearted video for a day I'm feeling grim!

I liked seeing Phil sitting in the butt chair (right? cos his office chair broke?), and I'm living for Dan patting Phil's thigh at 8:30, saying "You really are AmazingPhil, your brand is so accurate!"
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
malday
emo goose

sentinel wrote:he should have gone with "everyone's problematic edgelord"
should have gone with "moron".

why not give a shout out to Jacksepticeye instead, he played happy wheels much more and isn't an asshole.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

No thanks, Dan, I have enough problematic family members as it is, I don't need or want more. :|

ANYWAY.
Liked the video otherwise, although I felt kind of bad for laughing at the, uh, chunks of flesh flying all over the place. I hope I'm not still humming "it's raining meat" by tomorrow.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That game is a train wreck, but they were funny. I couldn't watch it again, but I was proud of them for getting to the end of some levels. Their bants are the best thing, all the susans and Pokemon singing were good, that was the highlight for me tbh.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed that. It definitely made me laugh.
I love their bants, and this vid was no exception.
Poor Phil, he really wasn't good at it. :lol:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

I don't like the game AT ALL, and it pains my heart to see jacksepticeye play it so much. BUT but but... the most important thing from this video is the brand new, 2017, Lester Love Eyes:

AmazingOCD
glabella

Found the game violent but in a comedic sense AND hilarious at the same time. Loved them playing it! (Poor Phil, he just could not get the hang of it while Dan destroyed him!)

Those poor cycling families.... Phil, you murderer! :D

Like papierklemmen, I didn't like their mention of Pewds... I know its supposed to be ironic them playing a game that Lord PewDiePie said not to play (Their sense of humour).
Felix wants to branch out more from just playing video games on his channel, while still enjoying the video games he wants to play himself, while not being forced to by his fanboys.
I'm beginning to believe what those creepy twins said about him taking a break or quitting Youtube
Ticia wrote:I don't like the game AT ALL, and it pains my heart to see jacksepticeye play it so much. BUT but but... the most important thing from this video is the brand new, 2017, Lester Love Eyes:

Those pics give me life! There really should be a Love Eyes/Heart Eyes emoji (come on mods!!!)
I love seeing cute pics of Phil (Love Eyes Lester) as there are so many Heart Eyes Howell pics. When these appear, they are treasured
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
kuensukki
janice from the shop

The video wasn't really my taste but phil response to dans "impaling another guy who's head ended up in crotch" with a "I'd watch that" was hilarious to me.
ticia, those screencaps

Truth_or_chilce and bishoe I really enjoyed your posts!

alittledizzy loved the timestamps
6:25 - Phil loosening his belt. This felt strangely open for him, not something I'd normally expect him to do.
Yes very uncharacteristic indeed. As I said, this liveshow was pretty laidback and I felt like he was actually interacting with me in a face to face scenario instead of just listing things he did during the day.
12:54 - Reflection of professional lighting setup in front of him. No wonder he got toasty in the Adidas jacket
i noticed this tooo and it made me wonder if they have a video like set up for their liveshows. Do they actually bring out the perfect lighting and angles?? (such queens :lol: )
17:50 - Phil Lester becoming the actual Cutest Person Alive when he realizes the cacti pots are magnetic.
okay..but honestly..who in their right mind gets excited at the prospect of sticking sharp cacti on the fridge?? I can list off many hazards from that one action
42:00 - Phil talking about the artist he likes that draws funny little cartoons. 1) Has Phil ever talked about enjoying art or artists, besides Wirrow? 2) He says he saw an exhibition - google tells me that exhibition started in January so they must have seen it recently.
43:53 - [reading from chat] 'The way you were holding that, Phil. I don't know.' "Lets not think about it." So he actually acknowledged the suggestiveness of it, just didn't linger.
The rise of art hoe Phil. I'm honestly always intrigued by the things they're attracted to. I actually checked out the artist he mentioned and their work is really great. And the finger motions he did (dont tell me he didn't know exactly what he was doing). Also the fact that he still mentions buying the "expensive" fireworks feature but also spends money buying a thumb statue because he really wanted to support the artist and his work. He strikes me as someone whose spending guilt dissipates when it's something that he's actually passionate about.
Raspberrypi
crusty sponge

Really enjoyed the new gaming video! I'd never heard of the game before (that's not saying much as I don't watch many gamers for the most part) and while the game itself wasn't that interesting, deppy managed to make it quite entertaining. There were quite a couple of laugh out loud moments for me (the part with the dad and son falling off the bike and Dan's thrusting comment at about 8.40 had me in stitches )

Also loved the comment of not needing a girlfriend when the girl on the bike got killed and Dan's laugh when Phil said he's a single bachelor and he likes it

Overall I enjoyed the video, they both seemed very relaxed and I enjoyed the bants between the two of them (I'm also just happy to not have another dil video for now cause I'm so over watching those)
anathema
morning quiff

The video was alright, I don't care for happy wheels but it wasn't terrible. Could've done without the pewdiepie mention but they were spiting him so I suppose that counts for something :lol:

They said they filmed multiple videos didn't they? So I wonder how long it will take for them to put the other videos out.

Normally I would be over Dan's natural hair but it looked kinda weird in this video. I don't think his hair was cut to be worn naturally, it didn't lay right on his forehead.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

AmazingOCD wrote:Those pics give me life! There really should be a Love Eyes/Heart Eyes emoji (come on mods!!!)
I love seeing cute pics of Phil (Love Eyes Lester) as there are so many Heart Eyes Howell pics. When these appear, they are treasured
I mean, there are already heart eyes emojis ( :lel: ), but not one-person-gazing-fondly-at-the-other emojis. Is that what you mean?

I agree about Love Eyes Lester pictures always being great
busy being happy~