Dan & Phil Part 37: A better way to live

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
firstlasthere
not a first-time poster

First time posting - can't believe it's about this . . :)

I'm hoping Dan has a gold hoop earring in today's ls.
Last edited by firstlasthere on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

visiblelurker wrote:So Dan is no longer on the list of featured creators for Vidcon...
I feel like Phil not being on the list wasn't the mistake, but that Dan being there was. I know they said they would only do Vidcon USA (are they skipping SITC again this year?) but mayde they haven't officially confirmed yet and by accident Vidcon prematurely published Dan's name.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
majitzu
angel bean

firstlasthere wrote:First time posting - can't believe it's about this . . :)

I'm hoping Dan has a gold hoop earring in today's ls?
Are you question what are you hoping about or what?
firstlasthere
not a first-time poster

majitzu wrote:
firstlasthere wrote:First time posting - can't believe it's about this . . :)

I'm hoping Dan has a gold hoop earring in today's ls?
Are you question what are you hoping about or what?

I started it off as a question, as in '"is anyone else hoping . . ? " but then changed it to I'm hoping, forgot to remove the question mark.
anathema
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

About how much money do you think D&P made per radio show?? Because they're no longer doing they won't be making quite the same amount of money they were before the tour. But, do you think the tour made them want to make more money off of YouTube? Like, before the tour they weren't the best at uploading at all. But Dan has said that they both want to "focus on YouTube more" this year. Do you think it's because the tour put into perspective how much money they can make? Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're money-hungry demons who force fans to spend money on them. But, the truth is, people will buy what they put out there. So do you think part of the reason they want to make more YouTube videos is because they realized that it'll make money no matter what? Or part of the reason is that they aren't going to be getting money from the BBC anymore??

I'm having trouble phrasing this correctly. I don't mean to imply that before the tour they weren't aware of all the money they could make or something. I also don't mean to imply that they're sellouts or that they want money just to have money. Just throwing my semi-coherent thoughts out there :thumb:

(PS sorry for any typos I'm on mobile and typing this as quickly as possible, lol)
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

anathema wrote:About how much money do you think D&P made per radio show?? Because they're no longer doing they won't be making quite the same amount of money they were before the tour. But, do you think the tour made them want to make more money off of YouTube? Like, before the tour they weren't the best at uploading at all. But Dan has said that they both want to "focus on YouTube more" this year. Do you think it's because the tour put into perspective how much money they can make? Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're money-hungry demons who force fans to spend money on them. But, the truth is, people will buy what they put out there. So do you think part of the reason they want to make more YouTube videos is because they realized that it'll make money no matter what? Or part of the reason is that they aren't going to be getting money from the BBC anymore??

I'm having trouble phrasing this correctly. I don't mean to imply that before the tour they weren't aware of all the money they could make or something. I also don't mean to imply that they're sellouts or that they want money just to have money. Just throwing my semi-coherent thoughts out there :thumb:

(PS sorry for any typos I'm on mobile and typing this as quickly as possible, lol)
I'm interested to know what they made on the radio show, too.

But--are they in fact making more videos? I became a phan during TATINOF, so I don't know what's normal. But we've gotten 3 videos in 3 weeks across 3 channels--is that really more? Or are they counting putting their liveshows on their side channels as "more" videos? :shock:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Liz
not a first-time poster

just a PSA (and i cannot believe this is my first post after lurking for 1000 years): our favorite inside source PHANGATE is back! they’re now posting under the name phangate-reborn. MORE SUPER SPESHUL SECRETS COMING SOON!!!!1
papierklemmen
flower crown

Liz wrote:just a PSA (and i cannot believe this is my first post after lurking for 1000 years): our favorite inside source PHANGATE is back! they’re now posting under the name phangate-reborn. MORE SUPER SPESHUL SECRETS COMING SOON!!!!1
#blessed
anathema
morning quiff

LeftHandedism wrote:
anathema wrote:About how much money do you think D&P made per radio show?? Because they're no longer doing they won't be making quite the same amount of money they were before the tour. But, do you think the tour made them want to make more money off of YouTube? Like, before the tour they weren't the best at uploading at all. But Dan has said that they both want to "focus on YouTube more" this year. Do you think it's because the tour put into perspective how much money they can make? Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're money-hungry demons who force fans to spend money on them. But, the truth is, people will buy what they put out there. So do you think part of the reason they want to make more YouTube videos is because they realized that it'll make money no matter what? Or part of the reason is that they aren't going to be getting money from the BBC anymore??

I'm interested to know what they made on the radio show, too.

But--are they in fact making more videos? I became a phan during TATINOF, so I don't know what's normal. But we've gotten 3 videos in 3 weeks across 3 channels--is that really more? Or are they counting putting their liveshows on their side channels as "more" videos? :shock:
I would say (pre-tatinof) they probably posted around once a month on each channel. So so far no, they haven't posted any more. But based on what Dan said about focusing on YouTube more I assumed they were going to try and up that number (and they have another 11 months, so I'm not giving up hope quite yet, lol). But who knows I could be wrong.
(And while I doubt that they count the live shows as "more" videos, they will be getting more money, so my point kind of still stands?)
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
majitzu
angel bean

I can't believe no one is posting the proofs, I don't have my laptop now and I hate doing this on this tablet smh
phangate-reborn wrote: Image
The proofs you’ve all been waiting for!1!!1!!1!1
thanks phangate

Also congrats mango? Good birth certificate
Liz
not a first-time poster

majitzu wrote:I can't believe no one is posting the proofs, I don't have my laptop now and I hate doing this on this tablet smh

thanks phangate

Also congrats mango? Good birth certificate
oh SHIT. the truth is out i guess. we can all pack up and go home now
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I remember Dan once saying (most likely in a liveshow) that the BBC paid them more than they would probably like so it can't have been a bad salary
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
bantstrash
delia smith

A bit late but thanks for the info on the ads. I assumed that they chose to have adverts in the middle of videos but that youtube decided where they went (I assumed exactly the middle but too lazy to check).

Now I know they are choosing where to put them I'm irritated as hell because they never seem to choose a natural break, they just seem to shove them in anywhere. It's just lazy imho :(
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan confirmed he's going out of town this weekend.

IoM or #japhan 2.0, hmmm.

(I'm assuming IoM.)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

alittledizzy wrote:Dan confirmed he's going out of town this weekend.

IoM or #japhan 2.0, hmmm.

(I'm assuming IoM.)
I'm assuming IoM as well. Still really surprised that he even mentioned going away. But I like it.
psychicmoth
living flop

OMG Phangate you are going to live forever on Dan's channel, I'm dying
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
malday
emo goose

dan: phil's wife sabrina and daughter lola
simmehchan
butt chair

Dan says he doesn't want to make silly videos like Truth or Dare anymore, he'd rather focus on more important issues. I just wish he would pick a side, like when he focuses on "more important issues" he doesn't give his opinion or says his audience doesn't want to hear about that sort of thing. I dunno, it just annoyed me :cry:

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
scientia
phabergé

But really, is there some Dan & mango meme going on right now?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I really enjoyed that live show.

Like that he was open with us and told us he and Phil are going up north this weekend, for Phil's birthday.
Like that he talked about the women's march.
Loved his reaction to phangate. :lol:
He also confirmed that both him and Phil are going to VidCon.
Last edited by SquishPhan on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papierklemmen
flower crown

Maya wrote:OMG Phangate you are going to live forever on Dan's channel, I'm dying
we were truly blessed. this is the highlight of the week tbh. i'm sure the phangate's writer is proud of themselves. :')

overall, nice ls. lots of contradictory howell, but whatever. quality content, right sir. just make some freaking videos!

going up north = manchester again i guess? that's where all the pals are.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Overall that was a good liveshow, he was a bit all over the place. Shame about being put off the piano cos everyone was so enthused. We just like him and so it's lovely to hear him play it. He plays such sweet pieces too. The goodbye was so abrupt too, that kinda kills the "come hang out" vibe, more like "done with this", so meh :|

I'd be intrigued for them to see Trainspotting and give opinions, even if they didn't see it when it was out they're likely to have seen the first one. Nice mini break plan for Phil's birthday, good to visit the parents.
secretagentphan
procrastinator

I had a horribly shitty day but Dan and his gay-kery made it just a little bit better. Also he's totally celebrating Phil's 30th how adorable
It really feels like they're "branding" more like a relationship lately which I'm happy about. At this point I'd be extremely confused if they moved out separately, because they've been slowly warming up their audience to the fact that there's something going on there that isn't going to stop anytime soon.
(Also Trainspotting is worth a watch just for the original soundtrack like perfect day in the OD scene still messes me up)
Last edited by secretagentphan on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malday
emo goose

Does this mean he actually read the phangate story or he just knew about the conspiracy theory before. Has he ever talked about any other fan theories? Why did he choose to talk about it?

@39:54 (about Phil) "and he thought he could get to his birthday before he made a video telling you all about the truth"
could it be foreshadowing ?
Last edited by malday on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

He was kind of all over the place, but I still found this live show hilarious. It made me feel warm and fuzzy, which his live shows don't always do, so :thumb: