Dan & Phil Part 38: Everlasting as the Sun

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

dontpanic wrote:3:13—Hydration reminder #1. Okay but honestly where did this public service announcement come from, what weird inside joke is this??
Just stumbled across this video randomly this morning, where Phil's mum texts him during a liveshow and tells him to drink water:

(at 1:50)

Maybe they think it's a parent thing to do and they're trying to look after us or something?
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
nephilimcat
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

I don't understand why it constantly has to be "anti" vs. "phannie" or whatever other terms people use. I lean towards them being together, but I also agree that there isn't actually any proof that they are. I consider proof to be something that is solid, like them openly saying they are in a relationship or leaked information. And there is no such thing. Voldy would be the closest thing to proof that we have, but according to Dan and Phil, it was a prank, so it isn't proof either.

People who still claim that Dan is straight, are a whole different spectrum and definitely in denial because he confirmed male attraction several times and even said that he doesn't label himself. But it was in his diss track, so we shouldn't take it seriously, right? :roll: We don't know either of their sexualities because they haven't labeled themselves for years. It is more likely that both of them aren't straight if you look at past tweets and all those mentions, but again, all for the views, right? :roll: People who try to find excuses like that could be considered heteronormative and in denial. I'm pretty sure nobody in this forum wouldn't like it if they confirmed they were together or would try to find excuses for actual proof.

So yeah, basically, why do some people want to stick labels like "anti" on other people when those just provide a different interpretation? I'm neither, I'm just a Deppy fan who wants to enjoy their content and loves their dynamic. I have a lot of reasons to prefer them being in a romantic relationship or some sort of relationship somewhere in between that doesn't have any definition, but:
emerald wrote:More importantly, does it really matter? Whether you're a casual fan or a fulltime stalker, I doubt that the relationship status of two people changes much for you.
pulvis et umbra sumus
basictrashfan
crusty sponge

[offtopic]Just an update for anyone who might be interested, the whole amplify thing that Dan and Phil are attending are going to release their tickets without actually announcing their whole lineup and this is due to "unforeseen circumstances". And according to another tweet they are still signing contracts with people. This whole event is getting stranger and stranger to me as it goes along.[/offtopic]
hit me up on the tumbs
@basictrashfan
momoroki
glabella

basictrashfan wrote:[offtopic]Just an update for anyone who might be interested, the whole amplify thing that Dan and Phil are attending are going to release their tickets without actually announcing their whole lineup and this is due to "unforeseen circumstances". And according to another tweet they are still signing contracts with people. This whole event is getting stranger and stranger to me as it goes along.[/offtopic]
[offtopic]I'm looking at the twitter replies and everyone seems incredibly confused and it's just a complete mess lmao,,, this is getting real fishy. i'm starting to really question why dan and phil agreed to this? why on earth would amplify not push back the ticket sales if they can't announce the entire lineup - the conclusion i've jumped to is that they want people to leap into buying sales because they can't guarantee that one of the bigger draws is coming. (not saying deppy bc they've already been announced + confirmed it themselves on twitter but... it's weird how unenthusiastic they've been about it tbh)[/offtopic]

also with the whole phannie vs anti-phannie vs assuming their relationship thing - i don't think anyone was really saying that "if ur not #TeamPhanIsReal100% then ur SToOpid"? i do agree that there is no Solid Proof that they are 100% together, but the original "if you don't believe they're together in 2017 then who even are you" statement (or whatever it was) got blown way out of proportion imo.
still firmly in the queerplatonic believer category - why have to choose between being friends and romance when u can have both? that's just me though, i love hearing everyone else's opinions. speculation is what keep s me alive tbh
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

nephilimcat wrote:I don't understand why it constantly has to be "anti" vs. "phannie" or whatever other terms people use. I lean towards them being together, but I also agree that there isn't actually any proof that they are. I consider proof to be something that is solid, like them openly saying they are in a relationship or leaked information. And there is no such thing. Voldy would be the closest thing to proof that we have, but according to Dan and Phil, it was a prank, so it isn't proof either.

People who still claim that Dan is straight, are a whole different spectrum and definitely in denial because he confirmed male attraction several times and even said that he doesn't label himself. But it was in his diss track, so we shouldn't take it seriously, right? :roll: We don't know either of their sexualities because they haven't labeled themselves for years. It is more likely that both of them aren't straight if you look at past tweets and all those mentions, but again, all for the views, right? :roll: People who try to find excuses like that could be considered heteronormative and in denial. I'm pretty sure nobody in this forum wouldn't like it if they confirmed they were together or would try to find excuses for actual proof.

So yeah, basically, why do some people want to stick labels like "anti" on other people when those just provide a different interpretation? I'm neither, I'm just a Deppy fan who wants to enjoy their content and loves their dynamic. I have a lot of reasons to prefer them being in a romantic relationship or some sort of relationship somewhere in between that doesn't have any definition, but:
emerald wrote:More importantly, does it really matter? Whether you're a casual fan or a fulltime stalker, I doubt that the relationship status of two people changes much for you.
It doesn't actually matter since, well... It's kind of none of our business? (But speculating is fun, so...) Also, their "mirroring" is not exactly a proof that they're together, but more of a proof that they do care for each other. I have a questions for antis though: Do you believe that Dan and Phil love each other? Does being an anti include them loving each other or just loving each other in a romantic way?
000dia000
emo goose

papierklemmen wrote:
dans left hand wrote:antis :lol: :roll:

you can't even say moments you find cute and coupley without them getting overly heteronormative and defensive
:roll: did you even miss that the person who picked apart the cute moments said they believe deppy are a couple? none of what you mentioned (people saying "stop mentioning cute or coupley moments", people getting defensive, people insisiting deppy are straight) happened here, but k sure, "heteronormative antiphannies lolzor". my issue was with you implying that there is solid proof to the point that if you don't believe they're together in 2017 you're some "anti" who will never be convinced, which is an exaggeration of their 2017 openness and cuteness, that's all.
I agree, there will always be doubt, and their "behaviour" while IS indicative of a close relationship, does not necessarily mean a romantic one (fight me). I don't like making comparisons here, one of my pet peeves is when some random comes in and says (usually female) "me and my friend...." Blah blah blah that doesn't really mean anything. However, if I was going to make a comparison to the sort of unusual, no clear cut nature of their relationship- I would compare Superfruit, whose behaviour seems ridiculously romantic that their "friendship" title doesn't seem right at first. But after a while of watching you realize it's so romantic their behaviour that when they say they're just friends you would believe them, because if they were actually in a relationship then it would be so straight forward. But this doesn't really compare to deppy's background and doesn't hold the same context- my point being that non conventional relationships do exist where behaviour does not seem to equate relationship status.

I think having even a little doubt and healthy rationale is kind of attacked now more than ever, even when it seems to be getting closer and closer to "midnight" where I think they'll finally "come clean." I say this Tuesday Dan will say or do something before during or after his liveshow and there will be a shitstorm here, I hope to see everybody in attendance.

Finally, while I do like to have healthy scepticism and I think everybody should be allowed to, I still "live in the moments." I grin and laugh and gasp at anything "phan" and I enjoy discussing it and debating it, I enjoy living it. While I do think having some doubt is necessary, sometimes it's easier to take everything lightly and even just take everything as proof, because sometimes it even makes more sense than the alternative.
:cactus:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

starlight-still wrote:
flarequake wrote: With you on his deep voice. Tbh I'm not sure I noticed in this video, but his deep voice, especially singing, gives me life. I'd be on the floor if he ever recorded an album to show it off, I have a headcanon for him being an oldstyle crooner.
His deep voice is lovely but gets even lovelier when it's softer. Like in the Sims video, around 5:44-50 when he's talking about the crumbs and again 15:34-37 with Tabitha's pay. Also, listen (just listen) to the part of "A Sleepness Night with Phil" where he's messing around with Google Maps. You're welcome

Hmmm...that headcanon, now there's a beautiful thought
Thanks for the timestamps, it was interesting to check them out and compare. His low speaking voice does sound good, but still the singing voice is what really gets me.
emerald wrote: On the subject of Phil, can we comment on how he literally has had the EXACT SAME FACE for the past few years? If you showed me a picture of Dan I could probably tell you what year it was in, but I swear that Phil has stopped aging? Or maybe it's just because Dan changes his haircut more; I don't know.
I think the opposite, he's been looking distinctly older lately, even a little more rugged. It depends on the photo or video, though, lighting plays a part.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

whoever said they believe voldy was a prank because that's what dnp said.....

i just can't believe people still think after 8 years of nobody else in eachothers lives that they are still JUST close friends.

8. years.

i just can't understand your reasoning. i mean i never was 100% sure they were more than just friends other than this year and the end of 2016

but fair enough, let's drop it now.

they're obviously together and happy and that's all that matters
nephilimcat
woodland creature

dans left hand wrote:whoever said they believe voldy was a prank because that's what dnp said.....

i just can't believe people still think after 8 years of nobody else in eachothers lives that they are still JUST close friends.

8. years.

i just can't understand your reasoning.

I assume you mean me, and I didn't say that I believe it, I am pretty sure it wasn't a prank. I say that because they called it a prank themselves, it isn't proof. The thing is, we do not know what really happened back then. It's their relationship, so their words matter. And as long as it's not confirmed by them or through something else that they lied about it, we have to accept that we won't really know the truth.

And yeah, I also find it weird that people genuinely don't believe they're together at all, but there's still some doubt in me (and others) sometimes. Mainly because it makes me uncomfortable to claim something is real that is not actually proven to be real. Believing and saying something is true are a whole different thing. So you can believe that they are together and that's fine. But you have to accept that a) not everyone is 100% convinced and b) they are officially best friends and that's the only thing we really know for fact. Just not a believer of anything in general, I want my solid proof for everything. It's just who I am.
pulvis et umbra sumus
corn flakes
moon room

nephilimcat wrote:I don't understand why it constantly has to be "anti" vs. "phannie" or whatever other terms people use. I lean towards them being together, but I also agree that there isn't actually any proof that they are. I consider proof to be something that is solid, like them openly saying they are in a relationship or leaked information. And there is no such thing. Voldy would be the closest thing to proof that we have, but according to Dan and Phil, it was a prank, so it isn't proof either.

Lastly I'm phanagnostic, I simply enjoy the content: tend to think they are not 100% percent straight and care about each other deeply, the rest doesn't interest me.

Everything can be explained in lots of ways, no one hold sthe truth. Life is relative, to try to say one knows better,especially in an insignificant matter as this,cames off only as a way of not being able to see other points of view, you may not agree but in life everything works better if one's able to see things from a different pov and respect it even if at the end you don't agree with it.

At the end personal experience: voldy seems fake to me because I saw it and my impression was that, now if it's true sorry phil but that's how I saw it.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
anathema
morning quiff

dans left hand wrote:whoever said they believe voldy was a prank because that's what dnp said.....

8. years.

i just can't understand your reasoning. i mean i never was 100% sure they were more than just friends other than this year and the end of 2016

I don't understand why you feel the need to make passive-aggressive comments about anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you, especially after people have tried to explain why someone might have those different opinions.
nephilimcat wrote:
dans left hand wrote:
whoever said they believe voldy was a prank because that's what dnp said.....

8. years.

i just can't understand your reasoning.

I assume you mean me, and I didn't say that I believe it, I am pretty sure it wasn't a prank. I say that because they called it a prank themselves, it isn't proof. The thing is, we do not know what really happened back then. It's their relationship, so their words matter. And as long as it's not confirmed by them or through something else that they lied about it, we have to accept that we won't really know the truth.

And yeah, I also find it weird that people genuinely don't believe they're together at all, but there's still some doubt in me (and others) sometimes. Mainly because it makes me uncomfortable to claim something is real that is not actually proven to be real. Believing and saying something is true are a whole different thing. So you can believe that they are together and that's fine. But you have to accept that a) not everyone is 100% convinced and b) they are officially best friends and that's the only thing we really know for fact. Just not a believer of anything in general, I want my solid proof for everything. It's just who I am.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

000dia000 wrote:I agree, there will always be doubt, and their "behaviour" while IS indicative of a close relationship, does not necessarily mean a romantic one (fight me). I don't like making comparisons here, one of my pet peeves is when some random comes in and says (usually female) "me and my friend...." Blah blah blah that doesn't really mean anything.
i just want to add to this: i wholeheartedly agree that the argument "i have personally never experienced platonic friends do that so they must be in a romantic relationship" is completely neglectable. on the other hand the argument "in my personal experience platonic friends do the thing" accounts for something in that it can be brought forward to put any sort of "proof" being phrased in the style of "they did this thing which can exclusively be interpreted as being romantic" into perspective. even things like buying a house together would only be an indication, but no proof for a romantic relationship -- even if probably a majority of people wouldn't buy a house together with their best friend, it doesn't mean nobody would. i'm often baffled as to how strictly some people draw the lines between friendship and love and what's "acceptable" behaviour for both when it comes to analysing deppy.
thank's you were great
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon

8. years.

Umm... the bolded part? I'm a shipper myself, but I do understand where the non-shippers are coming from. I mean, some non-shippers probably already watched Voldy and believed it to be a prank when Deppy stated that it was a prank because, well... they don't found the video to be that heartfelt? They have a reason to see it as a prank, just like how the shippers have a reason to see that it's not a prank? You know where I'm getting? Also, some casual viewers will probably jump to conclusions and some will not.
lurker wrote:
000dia000 wrote:I agree, there will always be doubt, and their "behaviour" while IS indicative of a close relationship, does not necessarily mean a romantic one (fight me). I don't like making comparisons here, one of my pet peeves is when some random comes in and says (usually female) "me and my friend...." Blah blah blah that doesn't really mean anything.
i just want to add to this: i wholeheartedly agree that the argument "i have personally never experienced platonic friends do that so they must be in a romantic relationship" is completely neglectable. on the other hand the argument "in my personal experience platonic friends do the thing" accounts for something in that it can be brought forward to put any sort of "proof" being phrased in the style of "they did this thing which can exclusively be interpreted as being romantic" into perspective. even things like buying a house together would only be an indication, but no proof for a romantic relationship -- even if probably a majority of people wouldn't buy a house together with their best friend, it doesn't mean nobody would. i'm often baffled as to how strictly some people draw the lines between friendship and love and what's "acceptable" behaviour for both when it comes to analysing deppy.
I'm just gonna agree with everything that lurker and 000dia000 has posted. Just because Deppy do things that some romantically-involved people do, that doesn't mean that it can (or can't) be taken as phan proof (or seomthing). I mean, "things that romantically-involved people do" is quite subjective, so it maybe just an indication that they have a close relationship because some platonic friends do that, but some other don't. You know where I'm getting?
Birdie
blobfish

lurker wrote:
I agree. I feel like people often apply these strict rules of what romantic relationships are vs. what platonic relationships are to deppy which irks me out a lot because it isn't that simple. Every relationship is different. So "My friends and I do this, so it means deppy are friends" holds as much weight as "Friends usually don't do this, so deppy are together" in my opinion. They're both neglectable. Love and friendship aren't this easy, a certain behaviour between two people is never a certain indicator for what their relationship actually is like. I do get why people use the "My friends and I do this too" argument though when it is used to rebuff claims of "Oh my god, they did this thing, they must be a couple!". But apart from that, nah.

People want them to be together so much they grasp at straws which can be harmless fun like the heart eyes thing but it can also be seriously harmful, especially when lgbtq stereotypes or heteronormative assumptions come into the mix. People like to take apart everything deppy do to find proof or antiproof of whether or not they're together but there's no way we're going to find out unless they decide to tell us. There's just no way of telling from someone's behaviour. In the end, Voldy doesn't mean shit. Them not having had romantic partners for eight years (as far as we know) doesn't mean shit. Everyone is free to form their own opinion based on whatever "evidence" they find convincing of course but no one knows anything for sure and we won't until they tell us. So fighting about who is right or wrong is kind of pointless because nobody but deppy knows who is right and wrong anyway.

EDIT: By the way, as a gay person I really don't like being called heteronormative/homophobic for not believing they're together. Insisting Dan is straight even though he never said that and doesn't want a label anyway is heteronormative, yes. Not thinking a relationship that no one has confirmed is real is just that: Not believing an unconfirmed relationship is real.
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon

Birdie wrote: I agree. I feel like people often apply these strict rules of what romantic relationships are vs. what platonic relationships are to deppy which irks me out a lot because it isn't that simple. Every relationship is different. So "My friends and I do this, so it means deppy are friends" holds as much weight as "Friends usually don't do this, so deppy are together" in my opinion. They're both neglectable. Love and friendship aren't this easy, a certain behaviour between two people is never a certain indicator for what their relationship actually is like. I do get why people use the "My friends and I do this too" argument though when it is used to rebuff claims of "Oh my god, they did this thing, they must be a couple!". But apart from that, nah.

People want them to be together so much they grasp at straws which can be harmless fun like the heart eyes thing but it can also be seriously harmful, especially when lgbtq stereotypes or heteronormative assumptions come into the mix. People like to take apart everything deppy do to find proof or antiproof of whether or not they're together but there's no way we're going to find out unless they decide to tell us. There's just no way of telling from someone's behaviour. In the end, Voldy doesn't mean shit. Them not having had romantic partners for eight years (as far as we know) doesn't mean shit. Everyone is free to form their own opinion based on whatever "evidence" they find convincing of course but no one knows anything for sure and we won't until they tell us. So fighting about who is right or wrong is kind of pointless because nobody but deppy knows who is right and wrong anyway.
The bolded part, basically.(I'm clearly procrastinating. Ahaha. HELP ME.) Even if you place 2017 beside all of the proofs taken back in 2009-2010, it still doesn't mean anything if we actually don't know anything about their personal lives (I'm not encouraging of stalking Deppy, just letting you know). They won't tell us anything, and the strongest proof that we'll ever have is when they actually confirm it (together or not). So, yeah... Deppy's behaviours are very subjective, and doesn't actually confirm jackshit whether they're together or not.
psychicmoth
living flop

nephilimcat wrote:I assume you mean me, and I didn't say that I believe it, I am pretty sure it wasn't a prank. I say that because they called it a prank themselves, it isn't proof. The thing is, we do not know what really happened back then. It's their relationship, so their words matter. And as long as it's not confirmed by them or through something else that they lied about it, we have to accept that we won't really know the truth.

Yup I believe they are together in a romantic relationship since 2009, but I can't prove it. Not in a way that would convince everyone at least. So, I don't know the truth™, because they have never told us. Their actions speak something completely different to me, but still, their words matter, all of them.

As captainspacecoat said, the bigger picture was enough to convince me, but that's just the way I see things, I'm pretty sure that here there are people who have contemplated the whole context too and aren't convinced yet and that's fine. Everyone has the right to see things their own way.

Anyways, everything is a matter of time. At least for me.

000dia000 wrote:I think having even a little doubt and healthy rationale is kind of attacked now more than ever, even when it seems to be getting closer and closer to "midnight" where I think they'll finally "come clean." I say this Tuesday Dan will say or do something before during or after his liveshow and there will be a shitstorm here, I hope to see everybody in attendance.
Stay woke, a denial might come at any moment, be ready at all times.
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

dans left hand wrote:antis :lol: :roll:

you can't even say moments you find cute and coupley without them getting overly heteronormative and defensive
Don't be so obnoxious. People are entitled to their own opinions. Plus the person who this low jab is directed at is not an anti, and they weren't even being defensive they were making a valid point.
:D
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Just gonna pop in to say the reason I thought the idea of phan was ridiculous was because of people who were like "if you look at your friend like that ur gay phan is canon omg pause at 2:45!!!" I thought that was the phan proof, I found it annoying and ridiculous that people pulled apart small interactions and made it out like they were gay for each other and it was fact because of a look. Of course when I saw the real proof, I was SHOCKED that there was actual "evidence" to back up thinking they were together. Now that I personally lean towards believing they're partners (not that it matters) it is cute to see changes in behavior and little cute things in videos. IT IS STILL NOT PROOF. I feel like this conversation just got out of hand down the line but jeez. People who don't think they're together have valid opinions. I have days where I'm an "anti" too!
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

secretagentphan wrote:Just gonna pop in to say the reason I thought the idea of phan was ridiculous was because of people who were like "if you look at your friend like that ur gay phan is canon omg pause at 2:45!!!" I thought that was the phan proof, I found it annoying and ridiculous that people pulled apart small interactions and made it out like they were gay for each other and it was fact because of a look. Of course when I saw the real proof, I was SHOCKED that there was actual "evidence" to back up thinking they were together. Now that I personally lean towards believing they're partners (not that it matters) it is cute to see changes in behavior and little cute things in videos. IT IS STILL NOT PROOF. I feel like this conversation just got out of hand down the line but jeez. People who don't think they're together have valid opinions. I have days where I'm an "anti" too!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you. Everyone should just respect that people have different opinions. The meaning of this thread, or of being a fan of Deppy in general is not to constantly go over little things and scream "PHAN IS REAL" and ridicule others with different perspectives, and blatantly call them wrong. Someone doesn't ship it? Get over it. Someone does ship it? Get over it. Someone is phanostic? Get over it. Don't force opinions on other it won't change their perspective and just makes the area more toxic.
flurry
living flop

Thank you to all the people reining this conversation in (: Everything I wanted to say has already been said - there is no "proof" until Dan and Phil say so, that's all. It doesn't matter what we think and it's all fun to speculate and have friendly debates over it, as long as we personally acknowledge and know that it is but speculation and not the truth. So there's no "obviously they're together" because it is but interpretation of their behaviour that we individually get based on pre-understood or pre-conditioned social codes that shape our thinking. Everyone has their own background that influences their interpretation of the exact same event. Yay that's out of the way now.

I loved the sims video! I didn't really like the previous time they went to work with Dil but this freeze ray thing was amazing and yes I did laugh quite loudly when Drago became a toilet wth that was unexpected :lol: so glad with the constant video uploads - it's helping me to further procrastinate on my dissertation but also providing me with some brain relief

BTW can someone explain to me what an "anti" is? Is it someone who believes they're not together? Or someone who insists they're not together? Because to me there's a very big difference. Just as there is a great difference between believing they are together and insisting they are together (as some might have done)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

JustMe wrote:
dontpanic wrote:3:13—Hydration reminder #1. Okay but honestly where did this public service announcement come from, what weird inside joke is this??
Just stumbled across this video randomly this morning, where Phil's mum texts him during a liveshow and tells him to drink water:

(at 1:50)

Maybe they think it's a parent thing to do and they're trying to look after us or something?
So they're taking this dads thing very seriously, basically.

The comments on how their editing has changed recently definitely has wheels in my mind turning. I'm not sure I've come to any actual conclusions yet, but I do wonder if editing has become less of a chore and less taxing since the decision to edit out less of what they don't want to show to us. Like if the focus before was 'make sure to remove all the moments fans would analyze' or 'make sure to remove anything that feels too real' and they've removed that pressure from themselves now they're free to focus editing on actually making the video the the best in terms of pacing and effects.

(And maybe there's now less procrastination because it's no longer something they angst over quite as much.)
dannonfill
spork

....... interesting.
... let's talk about house plants.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

dannonfill wrote: ....... interesting.
Sounds promising. ;)
parallel
phabergé

dannonfill wrote: ....... interesting.
was about to post this then you beat me to it just as i pressed post haha. interesting how dan doesn't question that they'd film porn or do the sideways tango, so to speak, but rather assures that he isn't filming that in particular at that moment i mean what
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Danyul o.o