Dan & Phil Part 38: Everlasting as the Sun

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
AmazingOCD
glabella
Pronouns: she/her

Been busy with uni so caught up on all the drama+vids now!

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed TIQ series. It was probably Phil's weird sense of logic and Dan's never-ending frustration+freakouts which made those videos for me! I can still understand why people didn't like it though, It was a bit repetitive.

I was so happy for them when they finally beat it and could not stop laughing when Dan freaked out about needing the skips and walked out

'Hello Dan and Phil Games Climaxes!' -no Phil, just no
alittledizzy wrote:The only consolation is that by the end Marcus seemed just as unimpressed with himself as we are with him.
I watched that video. NOT IMPRESSED. :rage:
I don't think I like Marcus (only watched a few of his videos but i don't like the vibe off them, thats my inner instinct), and clearly it shows here (after reading all the above comments) that we aren't impressed by his clickbaity tactics:
'Put Dan and Phil in the thumbnail and the Phandom will flock to my video'
Not only used by him but by MANY others: Onision the main offender (who creeps me out and I hate him)

Plus quit making fun of us!
Raspberrypi wrote: Also good God those jackets are ugly (my hatred for Adidas due to 90% of Irish teenage boys wearing it may be contributing to my opinion though) Not really sure why youtube gave them the jackets as well? Youtube red??
Hello, another Irish person! Nice to see that I wasn't the only one who has been scarred by Irish teenage fashion

I think the red jackets just give them a HSM look (and we all know how much Dan looks like/loves Troy and the Wildcats)

They have progressed onto matching outfits (not coordinated - matching!) ... God help us all.. we will be dead this time next year...
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I love how everyone knows that Marcus just filmed this video for the sweet Phandom views and yet a lot of you proceeded to watch it anyway. There won't be any new information in it. I just don't click on videos like that. If we'd all ignore them, people wouldn't keep using Deppy like that. Even the worst video is going to be watched by the Phandom. I just don't understand why people who are aware of the formula "Deppy in the thumbnail/title=views" click on those. Unless it's a vlog with them in it or a collab or a video like the one Louise made with Marcus where they sexted Youtubers, the videos won't give you any new information or have actual Deppy in it. I hate how people use their peers for views and it works every fucking time. I am not trying to attack anyone who does watch those videos, I'd just like to know why.
pulvis et umbra sumus
vincentian
hobbit hair

Late to comment, I liked the Impossible quiz video, might be one of the best episodes of the series, though I love the one from the gamingmas (with the poking episode ). It was soo intense, but I'm always amazed with how well they work together, even if some of the reactions are reserved. Phil the ultimate cheerleader, Dan the action person. They were in the good mood I think, into the game, slightly teasing, flirty, awoke. 25 mins, matching jackets, some candid reactions left in - they're spoiling us / trying so hard. Because of the remarks they made, I assume they consider the Katamari video (926,843 views as of now) a bit of a flop. Hopefully, this won't completely discourage them from playing some older "nostalgic" games on DAPG.
flurry
living flop

Interesting that when Dan spits on Phil, they mention Scorpius and Albus spitting and how these two characters are explicitly shipped together.

[offtopic]wonder if you guys have seen this:

Are Joe and Caspar really the foremost popular vloggers to end up on Alan Carr? It's also interesting to me how they try to explain Youtubers as a job to more conventional audiences. They also seemed to portray these two, examples of Youtubers, as rather wacky and silly, which might not be the best representation of Youtubers as a whole - even if these two are well, silly.[/offtopic]
KoolKatt
tol bean

nephilimcat wrote:I love how everyone knows that Marcus just filmed this video for the sweet Phandom views and yet a lot of you proceeded to watch it anyway. There won't be any new information in it. I just don't click on videos like that. If we'd all ignore them, people wouldn't keep using Deppy like that. Even the worst video is going to be watched by the Phandom. I just don't understand why people who are aware of the formula "Deppy in the thumbnail/title=views" click on those. Unless it's a vlog with them in it or a collab or a video like the one Louise made with Marcus where they sexted Youtubers, the videos won't give you any new information or have actual Deppy in it. I hate how people use their peers for views and it works every fucking time. I am not trying to attack anyone who does watch those videos, I'd just like to know why.
This is exactly how I feel, why would you even bother to watch something that is only trying to desperately get some more views at any cost. The only way we can fight back this things is by not clicking and not watching them. I understand people being curious and all but, come on!!
human
dan hand trash

flurry wrote:Interesting that when Dan spits on Phil, they mention Scorpius and Albus spitting and how these two characters are explicitly shipped together.

[offtopic]wonder if you guys have seen this:

Are Joe and Caspar really the foremost popular vloggers to end up on Alan Carr? It's also interesting to me how they try to explain Youtubers as a job to more conventional audiences. They also seemed to portray these two, examples of Youtubers, as rather wacky and silly, which might not be the best representation of Youtubers as a whole - even if these two are well, silly.[/offtopic]
I'm amazed I even made it halfway through that Jaspar interview. God they're dull and they just have no chemistry for me. I'm prolly spoilt though because Deppy have such funny genuine chemistry and I'd much rather watch them.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

KoolKatt wrote:
nephilimcat wrote:I love how everyone knows that Marcus just filmed this video for the sweet Phandom views and yet a lot of you proceeded to watch it anyway. There won't be any new information in it. I just don't click on videos like that. If we'd all ignore them, people wouldn't keep using Deppy like that. Even the worst video is going to be watched by the Phandom. I just don't understand why people who are aware of the formula "Deppy in the thumbnail/title=views" click on those. Unless it's a vlog with them in it or a collab or a video like the one Louise made with Marcus where they sexted Youtubers, the videos won't give you any new information or have actual Deppy in it. I hate how people use their peers for views and it works every fucking time. I am not trying to attack anyone who does watch those videos, I'd just like to know why.
This is exactly how I feel, why would you even bother to watch something that is only trying to desperately get some more views at any cost. The only way we can fight back this things is by not clicking and not watching them. I understand people being curious and all but, come on!!
I was curious what he was gonna say, then the quiz drew me in and it was a short video so a few clicks and comments and it was done. I've quite liked the videos I've seen of his, though I don't subscribe as he's pretty boring and I'm intrigued by the vibes people have been getting from him. There wasn't an ad on the video, I don't know what difference that makes to his revenue. I spent the last 3 hours at work yesterday bored out of my skull and I don't want to click on more than 20% of videos in my sub box, sometimes you just want to watch.
starlight-still
truth bomb

The Impossible Quiz finale: Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts

I love how they made it sporty with their matchy little red outfits (and nice opportunity to kiss up to YouTube in light of…certain…other…events…). It really is a marathon for…well, your tolerance for nonsense, puns, and being trolled, I supposed

Am I the only one who thought Dan was mostly exaggerating/acting with his tantrums? He clearly practiced to whip through the questions (notice how he had to include some of him showing off his mad skillz in there….that’s alright, Danny, you’ve earned it) and had to have been in a calm and focused frame of mind to actually play. If he was gonna go off for real at any point in the video it was when he started talking about Eminem, which Phil seemed to realize and shut him down real quick.

This is one of the few videos that felt very English to me, as in the comic style of it (and, disclaimer, I’m saying that as an American so I could be way off base here). In particular, Dan’s ranting and mannerisms throughout seemed like an intentional choice on his part to try flexing his acting muscles a bit more in a classic British comedic direction than usual. He adds his own spin, of course, like the getting all up in the camera maneuver which is becoming something of a signature. If this is the case, more power to him (and less power to all our headphones).

Although Dan seemed to take over from Phil (the earlier videos, as many of us remember, were pure celebrations of the wacky mastermind that is Mr. Lester- this is the series that gave us “Phil Lester, you’re a geeenius!” after all), I’m glad he let him have that sticky ball moment. Only you, dear Philip, only you

So overall, I enjoyed it and hope it gets enough recognition from the, ahem, correct sources to inspire more experimenting on Dan’s part in particular.

Speaking of which...since we’ve moved on from the topic I’m going to put it under a cut:
I read a lot of you all’s posts about Dan seeming to weigh the opinions of the young straight male gamer/indie filmmaker slash curator/whomever else demographic above all others and just want to thank you for broaching the subject. When he first started talking more about it in the new year, I thought it was something we’d hear about for a week or two, but it’s lingered much longer and he seems genuinely bothered about it. Part of me hopes that some of his frustration is because he wants to challenge that demographic (particularly the younger ones, who he may see a bit of himself in) by getting them to talk about more than obscene dude-bro humor, tightly written sketches, or whatever the popular formats may be. I know that’s wishful thinking on my part and he absolutely could be a bit less dismissive, but I tend to think his heart is in the right place even if he comes across as, frankly, a bit of an arrogant prick at times.
momoroki
glabella

when ur at school literally every time they upload a video so u miss all the #discourse
this was a good video though! i generally have immediate disdain for impossible quiz videos, but i watched this one anyway and boy was it good! some general throwaway thoughts:

- matching outfits matching outfits matching outfits
- not even 10 seconds in and i thought dan said babe instead of mate i'm a complete demon
- they both looked good, but phil looked especially gorgeous this video - idk if he just looks great in red or if my trashiness is just increasing by the day
- the speed at which dan was answering was amazing tbh, i am so happy for him that it's finally over - although i'm sure he'll still be haunted by nightmares of the meteor + click the sphere game. the trauma never leaves
- the entirety of like,, 13:55 - 15:00 was so good. sO good. domestic levels are off the charts. i can't fully articulate why i love it so much so let me just say: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
- dan has the face of a broken man (and who can blame him honestly)
- this screenshot Image titled im_fucking_trash.jpg on my computer if anyone's wondering.
- more #philappreciation for his lateral thinking on the katamari thing yass

not sure if i'd rewatch the entire thing again (i don't tend to rewatch their videos regularly until i either have a huge Phan Revival™ or IB exams coming up hah kill me) but it far exceeded my expectations, given it was another impossible quiz vid. 8/10 for me overall, top Bants all round
iero
phabergé

great ending to the impossible quiz series!! as a lot of people were, i was sick of this series but they ended it really well, their rage was v entertaining though i started to get stressed just watching them play

i have a v hard time believing they didn't know about the skips, it was literally spoiled everywhere...i believe their reaction was scripted, but funny nevertheless.
mez29
procrastinator

Viofish wrote:"I hope you like it---you probably did because its dan and phil"

ok Marcus looks like you've run out of ideas :sideeye:
ugh, that line annoyed me so much.
KoolKatt
tol bean

I was curious what he was gonna say, then the quiz drew me in and it was a short video so a few clicks and comments and it was done. I've quite liked the videos I've seen of his, though I don't subscribe as he's pretty boring and I'm intrigued by the vibes people have been getting from him. There wasn't an ad on the video, I don't know what difference that makes to his revenue. I spent the last 3 hours at work yesterday bored out of my skull and I don't want to click on more than 20% of videos in my sub box, sometimes you just want to watch.
Yeah, I kind of get it now. Maybe I'm not that curious about those kind of things...
uglyamerican
woodland creature

I'm usually a pretty chill laid back person (although kinda sarcastic) - until I start gaming and transform into a loud obnoxious demon - thus I can relate to/love Dan's (over)acting up when the game attempts to "cheat" you out of a victory. It's all in good "fun" (although it doesn't seem like it in the heat of the moment/battle.) Loved Dan getting frustrated, trying to suppress / zone-out Phil, yet Phil's still in the battle, commenting / teasing, and injecting some wisdom. I am amazed at their perseverance in completing the quiz: I think my MacBook would have ended up out the window. Good video, although the track jackets are not my aesthetic.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i feel like the only one that likes their track jackets. maybe it's bc i think they look good in red o-o oh well.
:transheart:
human
dan hand trash

Skylar wrote:i feel like the only one that likes their track jackets. maybe it's bc i think they look good in red o-o oh well.
Hahaha no you're not, I promise. I think they both suit red and they look fantastic in them
papierklemmen
flower crown

Raspberrypi wrote:Also good God those jackets are ugly (my hatred for Adidas due to 90% of Irish teenage boys wearing it may be contributing to my opinion though) Not really sure why youtube gave them the jackets as well? Youtube red??
wasn't it a christmas present to pretty much every youtuber out there? or just like an appreciation present idk. pewdiepie, alfie and joe got the same red adidas tracksuits as well and wore them in their videos, but i don't think joe or alfie have any deals with ytr. (so lol deppy aren't wearing "couple" matching outifts, they're matching with the whole male youtube community).
KoolKatt
tol bean

papierklemmen wrote:
Raspberrypi wrote:Also good God those jackets are ugly (my hatred for Adidas due to 90% of Irish teenage boys wearing it may be contributing to my opinion though) Not really sure why youtube gave them the jackets as well? Youtube red??
wasn't it a christmas present to pretty much every youtuber out there? or just like an appreciation present idk. pewdiepie, alfie and joe got the same red adidas tracksuits as well and wore them in their videos, but i don't think joe or alfie have any deals with ytr. (so lol deppy aren't wearing "couple" matching outifts, they're matching with the whole male youtube community).
Youtube gave those tracks to every youtuber that participated in Yt rewind last year.
They also gave them some pins...
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

anushwa wrote:[offtopic]hey @ 7:13 do we know what game that phil invented that he's talking about?[/offtopic]
I don't think Phil invented that, I've played it before, you write a sentence and give it to the next person in the circle who draws it, then folds over the paper to hide your sentence and the next person writes what they think the picture means, and so on until you have a crazy page of stuff. Phil would have introduced them to it, I guess.
papierklemmen
flower crown

KoolKatt wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
Youtube gave those tracks to every youtuber that participated in Yt rewind last year.
They also gave them some pins...
you're right, it was yt rewind! thanks!
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Wow two youtubers that are piggy-backing on deppy in one discussion!! (Although Drew is in this and I love him so much) Shane warning.. :?
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

secretagentphan wrote:Wow two youtubers that are piggy-backing on deppy in one discussion!! (Although Drew is in this and I love him so much) Shane warning.. :?
Ugh, will the milking Deppy for views ever stop?
Won't be watching this ridiculous clickbait especially involving garbage like Shane.
:D
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

For me it depends on who does it and what the video seems to be about.

People like Onision and Shane Dawson, or some random person "reacting" to D&P, I don't care what the thumbnail is or what the video is about, I won't watch it. If it's a video where D&P are in the thumbnail but, based on the title or what others says about it, I assume D&P get like a 2 second mention in a video that doesn't interest me, I probably won't watch that either unless it's someone I often watch anyways.

I usually find Marcus kinda bland, but I do watch his videos from time to time, and I was bored yesterday and I was curious to see how well he'd do on the quiz, so . It's petty, but I make a point to turn on adblock, not that it matters since they're still getting a view from me. :? Like, I know I'm part of the problem, but sometimes curiosity and boredom get the best of me.
AmazingOCD
glabella

secretagentphan wrote:Wow two youtubers that are piggy-backing on deppy in one discussion!! (Although Drew is in this and I love him so much) Shane warning.. :?
Summing up that video: Basically they make unattractive noises every time someone's (and Deppys) video thumbnail is on the screen

Very funny. Much haha.

I'd expect this high-quality content from Shane. Doing it for the views peeps. :sideeye: :thumb:

Oh and did you notice Deppy wasn't featured until about 9 minutes into a 12 minute vid?
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
nephilimcat
woodland creature

pilotlight wrote:
For me it depends on who does it and what the video seems to be about.

People like Onision and Shane Dawson, or some random person "reacting" to D&P, I don't care what the thumbnail is or what the video is about, I won't watch it. If it's a video where D&P are in the thumbnail but, based on the title or what others says about it, I assume D&P get like a 2 second mention in a video that doesn't interest me, I probably won't watch that either unless it's someone I often watch anyways.
I usually find Marcus kinda bland, but I do watch his videos from time to time, and I was bored yesterday and I was curious to see how well he'd do on the quiz, so . It's petty, but I make a point to turn on adblock, not that it matters since they're still getting a view from me. :? Like, I know I'm part of the problem, but sometimes curiosity and boredom get the best of me.
Well, that I can understand. Curiosity is hard to ignore, especially when you're bored. I am a very curious person myself, but videos like that don't interest me, so I don't have a problem not watching them. Honestly, I used to watch reaction videos until I realised that those people are basically getting views for watching a video someone else made. Now I don't watch them anymore, except for the Fine Bros when Deppy are in them (that's when I do get curious ).
pulvis et umbra sumus
papierklemmen
flower crown

well, marcus had that curious "sorry phil" moment in one of his recent videos (when the other dude joked that marcus "loved dan"). it prompted some discussion here. so i'd say sometimes his stuff is worth looking into if only for that kind of crap. otherwise it's nothing of value.