Dan & Phil Part 38: Everlasting as the Sun

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

(gif credit: alienphaan)

Wishing a happy late birthday to Phil, domestic happiness to Deppy, and happy one thousand members to Indepthbants! Yay! :mrgreen:
busy being happy~
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Yay to the thread title and yay to all the things mentioned at the bottom of the post^.^
:D
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Moderator Action :
Update on the FAQ: I've made each question its own post, to help with navigation and loading. Visit the FAQ subforum to check it out!

And if you haven't been able to get it to load yet, now you should finally be able to see it!

Enjoy
busy being happy~
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Lovely screenshot to go with a lovely thread name. Thanks for splitting the FAQ up further, part one managed to load for me earlier, but part two choked. It was an amazing read, though, discovered a few new things (phan "poof" was hilarious). Many thanks for putting all that together so thoroughly.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

flarequake wrote:Lovely screenshot to go with a lovely thread name. Thanks for splitting the FAQ up further, part one managed to load for me earlier, but part two choked. It was an amazing read, though, discovered a few new things (phan "poof" was hilarious). Many thanks for putting all that together so thoroughly.
Ahh I'm so glad it's working better now and I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope it's working for everyone else as well.
busy being happy~
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i haven't read everything, but both threads load pretty quickly for me and i'm really impressed about the amount of information you've put together. thank you for taking the time and effort!
thank's you were great
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

I think this is the best thread name...2017 has been amazing so far and it's only February!
secretagentphan
procrastinator

(Don't mind this pointless post)
I REALLY like the FAQ great job guys!! Although ngl even though it makes more sense that he was lying when thinking about it logically, 2012 Dan's answers to the voldy videos really makes me question phan. Good thing they've decided to be so darn cute in 2017. Like seriously I never thought they'd be THIS open phan-wise. If anything my cynical brain thought they'd become more open and discourage phan. I legit think they're slowly coming out, not in an official way, more like how Dan came out and now is accepted as non-straight.
scientia
phabergé

I love the FAQ! Spent a long time going through it today, especially the (amazingly detailed) 2009-2010 timeline. It made me wonder when they deleted their tweets, dailybooth posts, etc. Was the peak of the deleting in 2012-2013 or had they started earlier than that, such as when both of their audiences got bigger? Are some of the earliest tweets from when they first met still around?
iero
phabergé

the faq was a great read, there were things i had forgotten about and also things i didn't know! also grats on 1000 members!
jesp
why bother

I'm legit so happy we've reached 1000 members. A year ago it seemed like we'd just be a small forum with a few posters, but we've become an awesome community with great people, and I'm really happy you're all here.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

secretagentphan wrote:(Don't mind this pointless post)
I REALLY like the FAQ great job guys!! Although ngl even though it makes more sense that he was lying when thinking about it logically, 2012 Dan's answers to the voldy videos really makes me question phan. Good thing they've decided to be so darn cute in 2017. Like seriously I never thought they'd be THIS open phan-wise. If anything my cynical brain thought they'd become more open and discourage phan. I legit think they're slowly coming out, not in an official way, more like how Dan came out and now is accepted as non-straight.
I agree with the slowly coming out theory, because holy shit the latest videos in comparison to older videos.
Actually feel like the last 2 years have been amazing.
adonais
crusty sponge

Ah!! So excited my thread name was chosen! :D
And the FAQ is perfect, gave me a good excuse to read through it all and brush back up on my deppy lore!
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

The FAQ is fantastic. That must have took forever to collect and organise.
hmm
drama llama

louise and marcus sexted friends including dan
:o :o

haha you guys are already onto it
fancybum
senpai

This would never ever happen and I wasn't overly invested in Dan's nail painting adventure the first time around, but Phil's tweets about watching nail tutorials has stirred something in me. And that something is a need to see Phil totally fucking up a nail art attempt on Dan. The shaky hands, the lack of coordination, the nail polish just waiting to find its way onto the carpet and basically everywhere but Dan's nails. The beauty of that video would be too much for us mere mortals, and therefore it will never exist outside of my dreams. But imagine it.

ALSO in 'things that will never happen (OR WILL THEY)': livestreaming on DAPG. They're pushing the gaming channel, they're pushing their liveshows-- when will they combine the two? Because joint liveshows are one thing- yes they're live and fairly unscripted- but IMAGINE the possibilities of Live And Unscripted + Competitive Stress (=profit???). But I think the reasons it could be great and entertaining are also the reasons that make it more unlikely. Even outside of potential anxiety about a slip too far, Dan is big on editing and being (what he considers) constantly entertaining. A livestream environment where anybody can watch them being bad at a game or (maybe worse) boring is probably too far out of the comfort zone and risk/reward not guaranteed. Sigh.

But that could be fun, like a weekly or semi-weekly(or monthly knowing these 2) livestream where they could even go through full games. Like an hour of Life is Strange (for example) played live every week, what a concept. No fussing with editing and they could keep them unlisted in a playlist so they don't clutter up the overall video feed (which seems like a detail Dan would care about, which is also why I think them posting their younows to their side channels [thereby cluttering them the fuck up] marks the death of actual other content ever going on them again). Anyway I'll leave this wonderful fantasyland as well because it's not happening either (but it so easily could! and it would be great!).

Super late, but Phil's liveshow:
Dan and Misc Watch 2017
TRYING GUMMY CANDY SUSHI! (Week 4)

Prompted Dan Mention
22:30 (chat) Dan [lag]!
"He did! I’ll let him tell you about that in his liveshow as it’s more of a Dan story, but I did witness it and it was a mixture of hilarious and genuine concern… ity. Because it was quite an epic fall, that’s all I’ll say."
(chat) Dan hurt himself?
“Yes, hurt his knee and his hand. He’s quite a tall guy, so when you fall to the ground, it’s a long way to fall."

36:15 (chat) Did you ever find Dan’s legs or eyebrow?
“No, they were lost in the void. Along with many phone chargers, just in the 'lost world’ with Dan’s eyebrow. That was very weird, though."
Unprompted Dan Mention
7:30 “Dan got me a sushi gummi set” and put it in the delivery box of where they order sushi from, cute

10:30 “My friends got me a terrarium, it’s like the one Dan smashed everywhere.” “I just need to get a string to hang it and not smash it like Dan did.”

11:00 “One more thing that Dan got me was this lava lamp"
Neutral Dan Mention
32:40 “I went there with my family and Dan and everyone was really excited about it, and we got out onto this path and I just thought there would be some kind of safety rail or something, but the path was muddy and slippery and Dan had already slipped over once” […] “I know how clumsy I am and it was just not a good idea for me to be on this weird path thing, it was scary. All of my family and Cornelia were just like, 'Yeah whatever, we’ll do it'. I just stood behind the wall and watched everyone because I was too scared. I felt silly, and I don’t usually have that reaction to things that are high, but I freaked out. My brain was just like, ‘Nope nope nope, time to go’."

40:50 (chat) Talk about Who’s Your Daddy
“Yeah, Dan and I made a gaming video” on DAPG
Miscellaneous
3:25 “Turquoise laces, they are so sexy, I’m very excited to wear these” (re: shoes from Martyn)

9:55 “'Sock Coverage: How Much To Expose Or Hide'. I’m very much of a ‘I want people to see my socks', but I’m not gonna tuck my jeans into them” coughmetaphorcough

10:20 Someone gave him Firefly (a painfully overrated show FIGHT ME whose potential was not remotely realized in its short meandering life and people seem to venerate what it could have been rather than what it actually was, which was pretty meh- just watch Serenity and save your time)

13:00 “I went to the seaside, it was so nice and it was quite chill”

28:15 “Your crush likes you back in time for Valentine’s Day, better start writing a card or something”
-no comment

31:25 (about Firefly again) “I’m excited to watch it. (reads case) ‘Contains moderate violence, sex references, and scary moments.’ Well then. That’s my evening sorted.”

35:30 “Kirsty turns 28 on Tuesday" [& she doesn’t want to]
“I like[d?] 28, 28’s a good round number (questionable hand motions), it’s better than 29 and 27 if you ask me. Even numbers are better, I think, I don’t know if you agree, I always like even ages better”
-Well even if he won’t say ’30’ at least we know the number is pleasing to him on some level

43:35 (story about seeing a hawk eating a dead pigeon and a guy walked by, chasing the hawk away, and “ruined it”) “So I couldn’t film it— not that I’d put that on Twitter or anything ‘cause it’s really gross. Super gross. But amazing nonetheless.”
-Phil. wyd.

43:55 “Homeland’s slightly boring but I love it at the same time. I don’t understand these emotions. I think it’s gonna get good, though, it always gets good."
Phinal Tally: said ‘Dan’ 13 times

Dan and Phil Watch 2017 Week 4:

Dan mentioning Phil: N/A
Phil mentioning Dan: 13/48 minutes = 0.27 per min.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote:This would never ever happen and I wasn't overly invested in Dan's nail painting adventure the first time around, but Phil's tweets about watching nail tutorials has stirred something in me. And that something is a need to see Phil totally fucking up a nail art attempt on Dan. The shaky hands, the lack of coordination, the nail polish just waiting to find its way onto the carpet and basically everywhere but Dan's nails. The beauty of that video would be too much for us mere mortals, and therefore it will never exist outside of my dreams. But imagine it.

ALSO in 'things that will never happen (OR WILL THEY)': livestreaming on DAPG. They're pushing the gaming channel, they're pushing their liveshows-- when will they combine the two? Because joint liveshows are one thing- yes they're live and fairly unscripted- but IMAGINE the possibilities of Live And Unscripted + Competitive Stress (=profit???). But I think the reasons it could be great and entertaining are also the reasons that make it more unlikely. Even outside of potential anxiety about a slip too far, Dan is big on editing and being (what he considers) constantly entertaining. A livestream environment where anybody can watch them being bad at a game or (maybe worse) boring is probably too far out of the comfort zone and risk/reward not guaranteed. Sigh.
I now desperately want both of those things from Dan and Phil.

I'd love to watch Phil trying to do anything that required delicate handwork. They'd need to lay down a tarp first.

It would definitely need to be an AmazingPhil video, or a side channel one. I don't think Dan will let anything beauty related ever touch dinof again after his remarks about the charity one gets. Or, or! They could figure out a way to turn it into a game. Here, I even found one for them that they could just figure out a way to do irl instead of on paper.
fancybum wrote:
Super late, but Phil's liveshow:
Dan and Misc Watch 2017
TRYING GUMMY CANDY SUSHI! (Week 4)

Prompted Dan Mention
22:30 (chat) Dan [lag]!
"He did! I’ll let him tell you about that in his liveshow as it’s more of a Dan story, but I did witness it and it was a mixture of hilarious and genuine concern… ity. Because it was quite an epic fall, that’s all I’ll say."
(chat) Dan hurt himself?
“Yes, hurt his knee and his hand. He’s quite a tall guy, so when you fall to the ground, it’s a long way to fall."

36:15 (chat) Did you ever find Dan’s legs or eyebrow?
“No, they were lost in the void. Along with many phone chargers, just in the 'lost world’ with Dan’s eyebrow. That was very weird, though."
Unprompted Dan Mention
7:30 “Dan got me a sushi gummi set” and put it in the delivery box of where they order sushi from, cute

10:30 “My friends got me a terrarium, it’s like the one Dan smashed everywhere.” “I just need to get a string to hang it and not smash it like Dan did.”

11:00 “One more thing that Dan got me was this lava lamp"
Neutral Dan Mention
32:40 “I went there with my family and Dan and everyone was really excited about it, and we got out onto this path and I just thought there would be some kind of safety rail or something, but the path was muddy and slippery and Dan had already slipped over once” […] “I know how clumsy I am and it was just not a good idea for me to be on this weird path thing, it was scary. All of my family and Cornelia were just like, 'Yeah whatever, we’ll do it'. I just stood behind the wall and watched everyone because I was too scared. I felt silly, and I don’t usually have that reaction to things that are high, but I freaked out. My brain was just like, ‘Nope nope nope, time to go’."

40:50 (chat) Talk about Who’s Your Daddy
“Yeah, Dan and I made a gaming video” on DAPG
Miscellaneous
3:25 “Turquoise laces, they are so sexy, I’m very excited to wear these” (re: shoes from Martyn)

9:55 “'Sock Coverage: How Much To Expose Or Hide'. I’m very much of a ‘I want people to see my socks', but I’m not gonna tuck my jeans into them” coughmetaphorcough

10:20 Someone gave him Firefly (a painfully overrated show FIGHT ME whose potential was not remotely realized in its short meandering life and people seem to venerate what it could have been rather than what it actually was, which was pretty meh- just watch Serenity and save your time)

13:00 “I went to the seaside, it was so nice and it was quite chill”

28:15 “Your crush likes you back in time for Valentine’s Day, better start writing a card or something”
-no comment

31:25 (about Firefly again) “I’m excited to watch it. (reads case) ‘Contains moderate violence, sex references, and scary moments.’ Well then. That’s my evening sorted.”

35:30 “Kirsty turns 28 on Tuesday" [& she doesn’t want to]
“I like[d?] 28, 28’s a good round number (questionable hand motions), it’s better than 29 and 27 if you ask me. Even numbers are better, I think, I don’t know if you agree, I always like even ages better”
-Well even if he won’t say ’30’ at least we know the number is pleasing to him on some level

43:35 (story about seeing a hawk eating a dead pigeon and a guy walked by, chasing the hawk away, and “ruined it”) “So I couldn’t film it— not that I’d put that on Twitter or anything ‘cause it’s really gross. Super gross. But amazing nonetheless.”
-Phil. wyd.

43:55 “Homeland’s slightly boring but I love it at the same time. I don’t understand these emotions. I think it’s gonna get good, though, it always gets good."
Phinal Tally: said ‘Dan’ 13 times

Dan and Phil Watch 2017 Week 4:

Dan mentioning Phil: N/A
Phil mentioning Dan: 13/48 minutes = 0.27 per min.
Yesss I was so hoping you'd end up doing Phil's ls from last week too. I've developed a routine of watching them for a third time a few days later and reading your notes along with it.
swofro
angel bean

oqua wrote:

(gif credit: alienphaan)

Wishing a happy late birthday to Phil, domestic happiness to Deppy, and happy one thousand members to Indepthbants! Yay! :mrgreen:
Phil looks so breathtaking in this gif

Thanks oqua and felucca and everyone else who had been working on it; for the faq. Such an enjoyable read and definitely an improvement from the oldage gg faq.
jesp wrote:I'm legit so happy we've reached 1000 members. A year ago it seemed like we'd just be a small forum with a few posters, but we've become an awesome community with great people, and I'm really happy you're all here.
Jesp being sappy. Never thought I will see the day. A bit late but I wanna say congrats to idb too! I never thought we gonna hit 1k members before our one year anniversary. What an achievement

I'm also gonna bring this back because I have no wifi when this happen

I love when Phil wears black because it complements his vampire skin and cumberbatch eyes. And the quiff! What a nice combo.

also hi, im back
Love is forever
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

ah i love this thread title name! very wholesome uwu also does anyone think there might be a new dan video sometime soon? :3 i ask bc of the pic that phil took of dan sleeping
:transheart:
swofro
angel bean

Skylar wrote:ah i love this thread title name! very wholesome uwu also does anyone think there might be a new dan video sometime soon? :3 i ask bc of the pic that phil took of dan sleeping
My guess is he will either upload it before his liveshow tomorrow so he can talk about it in the ls, or after ls because he do that sometimes.
Love is forever
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Ok so just to clarify this thread will talk about most things Deppy related (with boundaries obviously) not necessary what is happening right now or the topic the thread is on? Because, I don't believe this has been discussed anywhere before and hope this doesn't somehow cross lines but I found some bizarre annotations on Phil videos in 2012-2013
eevee
emo goose

I'm here for Dan rejecting Marcus in such a...there are too many words. Eloquent, sassy, clever, but also a bit flirty. licking...wouldn't want to ruin dem abs...

I'm also here for the FAQ I am absolutely gagging it is amazing, the sheer amount of work and attention to detail put into it is BEAUTIFUL and i can't wait to whip it out and use it as a reference when my friends tease me by asking an obscure or oddly specific question about dan and phil. Or to answer a simple question with about 2,500 too many words.

I'm also living, dying, getting beaten up, getting choked, getting my hair pulled, and gasping for air over this god damn seaside walk. It was like a roller coaster ride that kept slowing down, making you think it was over, and then speeding up again randomly to throw you off. Like, I was happy enough with Phil's seaside walk tweet. I assumed Dan was there and that made me happy. Then Dan swooped in and punched me in the gut a few times. As soon as I caught my breath, Phil tapped on my left shoulder, but was standing on my right side, and hit me in the face with another picture. I'd like to formally request that seaside walk be painted onto my wall, etched into my gravestone, and tattooed on my ass cheek.

I'm not here for Phil re-awakening the nail thing though. What was he thinking? Major side-eye, he must be aware of how big it was a deal when Dan was talking about it. Or maybe he just wants to be in the phandom debate spotlight for a while. Although people seem to be pretty zen about this comparatively.

And I hope that this valentines day, Phil gets an orgasm as everlasting as Dan's love for him.

And that concludes Eevee's Great IDB Comeback 2017 (tm)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
melon lord
morning quiff

SexyTrashCan wrote:Ok so just to clarify this thread will talk about most things Deppy related (with boundaries obviously) not necessary what is happening right now or the topic the thread is on? Because, I don't believe this has been discussed anywhere before and hope this doesn't somehow cross lines but I found some bizarre annotations on Phil videos in 2012-2013
do tell

lilMango
morning quiff

jesp wrote:I'm legit so happy we've reached 1000 members. A year ago it seemed like we'd just be a small forum with a few posters, but we've become an awesome community with great people, and I'm really happy you're all here.
I agree!!! It's so exciting. It's been great to watch it grow :)

The FAQ is awesome so much blood, sweat n tears put into it jesus h christ

I also agree w eevee about the seaside walk... made me feel warm n tingly and I won't soon forget it.

I have a feeling they went on a short trip or did something project-related that they probably won't tell us about. That distraction tweet just gives me that vibe.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
blu
squish

SexyTrashCan wrote:Ok so just to clarify this thread will talk about most things Deppy related (with boundaries obviously) not necessary what is happening right now or the topic the thread is on? Because, I don't believe this has been discussed anywhere before and hope this doesn't somehow cross lines but I found some bizarre annotations on Phil videos in 2012-2013
really? what do they say?