Dan & Phil Part 39: There's no integrity here

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

I really really love the video

I like their golf hats/beret so much. They look so cute in them and makes me wanna pat their head.

A bit sad that Dan won because I was rooting for Phil as always but I guess Dan is luckier in some parts and actually better at some parts i.e doing the angling thing.

I really am not opposed to have this as a series, I would love to see them play it again in different course.
Love is forever
iero
phabergé

i loved this video and i'd love to see them play it more it was v chilled. i used to watch the sidemen's videos of playing this often bc it's relaxing, i'm so glad d&p are playing it now!
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

I loved it even more than I thought I would ^.^.
I genuinely thought Phil was going to win at first though and like others was disappointed when he didn't.
:D
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

This video is so good. The innuendos just keep on coming. Phil's "I like to plan a whack" had me laughing so much I had to pause the video and find a tissue to dry my eyes.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Shaved sides and waves = good, more natural / casual look. I approve.

OT:

More Oscar talk since Dan seems to want to see all the candidates. "Lion" is pretty damn good, and so is "Hell or High Water." But I'm afraid that the Academy is either going to be political / echo chamber-y and award "Moonlight," or the could go with navel gazing and award "La La Land." (I voted for "Hidden Figures," for the DGA Awards, although I was torn between that and "Lion.")
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I loved that video so much. It was both relaxing and funny.
I would be more than fine with it if they played it some more.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

That was so cute and chill! The fact that the scores were so close for most of the game was nice too. I like when they play against each other, they alternate between weird trash-talking and trying to help each other out (until they remember that they're competing), and it's just a nice atmosphere. Might have set a new record for the most potential innuendo on their gaming channel, too.
cryptic_phan
squish
Pronouns: idrc

Ticia wrote:
cryptic_phan wrote:so i was searching the web (deep web too but not to deep ) for some info on dan and it came up that one of his old usernames was nathan.wolf.372 i was wondering if anyone knew anything about it?
Mmm could you please elaborate more? :platonic:
so i was was on this site called pipl that does a seach on people and it also give you past usernames they may have used and i was seaching for some info about dan and it came up that this may have been one of his old username and im wondering if anyone knew anything if this was true or it it lead to something.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

cryptic_phan wrote:
Ticia wrote:
cryptic_phan wrote:so i was searching the web (deep web too but not to deep ) for some info on dan and it came up that one of his old usernames was nathan.wolf.372 i was wondering if anyone knew anything about it?
so i was was on this site called pipl that does a seach on people and it also give you past usernames they may have used and i was seaching for some info about dan and it came up that this may have been one of his old username and im wondering if anyone knew anything if this was true or it it lead to something.
I'm almost scared to use this site in case it contains some hidden virus that fries my PC to be honest.
Nope I read the reviews someone else can do detective work.
Last edited by SexyTrashCan on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i loved the video! it wasn't until dan made this comment asking whether it was only the two of them who were super into it that i was actually talking to my screen like "NO THAT WAS SO CLOSE" and cheering on phil. i'm still mad that he lost only because of that one hole, but then again that made it a pretty realistic minigolf experience. it made me laugh, i'm content and happy, definitely going to rewatch at some point!
emerald wrote:dan is danisnotonfire so... keeping the brand? if he was planning on changing it they could've just called themselves dan & phil.
i picked up on that too and was a bit surprised, but oh well, we're going to have to wait and find out.
Last edited by lurker on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thank's you were great
lost686girl
living flop

uglyamerican wrote:Shaved sides and waves = good, more natural / casual look. I approve.

OT:

More Oscar talk since Dan seems to want to see all the candidates. "Lion" is pretty damn good, and so is "Hell or High Water." But I'm afraid that the Academy is either going to be political / echo chamber-y and award "Moonlight," or the could go with navel gazing and award "La La Land." (I voted for "Hidden Figures," for the DGA Awards, although I was torn between that and "Lion.")

i wouldn't be afraid if moonlight won, it was a gorgeous film and earned some of the best reviews of all of them. la la land though...yes be afraid.
cryptic_phan
squish

SexyTrashCan wrote:
cryptic_phan wrote:
Ticia wrote:
I'm almost scared to use this site in case it contains some hidden virus that fries my PC to be honest
i mean the phandom is pretty diseased
hannah
butt chair

cryptic_phan wrote:
Ticia wrote:
Its just a facebook RP account.
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.wolf.372
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

On another note the danisnotonfire thing is interesting.
I'm really curious as to what the video will be now, if not a rebrand, maybe kink related...
cryptic_phan
squish

hannah wrote:
cryptic_phan wrote:
Ticia wrote:
Its just a facebook RP account.
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.wolf.372
i know about the facebook account but i have also seen it mentioned in other things but it could just be nothing idk
lishachi
eclipse shirt

lurker wrote:i loved the video! it wasn't until dan made this comment asking whether it was only the two of them who were super into it that i was actually talking to my screen like "NO THAT WAS SO CLOSE" and cheering on phil. i'm still mad that he lost only because of that one hole, but then again that made it a pretty realistic minigolf experience. it made me laugh, i'm content and happy, definitely going to rewatch at some point!
emerald wrote:dan is danisnotonfire so... keeping the brand? if he was planning on changing it they could've just called themselves dan & phil.
i picked up on that too and was a bit surprised, but oh well, we're going to have to wait and find out.
i think the names are their steam names? i have the game and im pretty sure it just uses your steam username (might be wrong, i swear i remembered that from when i played it tho) who knows
:biflag: :blackheart:
Yaz
tol bean

This was such a great video, I'm still smiling
They both seemed to be in a happy and relaxed mood and it came across so well. The entire video was so good that I can't even pick favorite moments honestly.
At 7:47 I felt like I saw teenager Dan again and was a bit taken aback, something about the face he made just made him look so much like his younger self to me, I don't know why :wtf:
Ahh when they are being so lovely and playful and giggly with each other I actually feel my heart growing wider inside my chest. We keep saying it whenever they put out new content but 2017 really has been amazing so far, my heart is happy
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That was a lovely video that I kinda hope they do more of because I love my long relaxing shit (that isn't Undertale) like Bubble Bobble. More of that type of long relaxed videos in general plz, but with more natural bantz and conversation than in this video. This has been discussed before but the mostly one sided 'competition' banter still doesn't do it for me. I don't really like Dan vs. Phil on DAPG anymore, the banter just tends to be better when they need to work together.. Like there were so many great bits in this video when they kinda forgot that they were competing, but then they remembered and the magic was lost. It was still good here because of the otherwise relaxed vibe, but it kinda broke the spell.The whole competition aspect throws of the balance; Dan just does the absolute most while Phil kinda shuts down aside from an occasional good comeback. Before the Dan defense squad kicks my head in with 'DAN IS NOT ACTUALLY MEAN TO PHIL HOW DARE YOU!!!!' or whatever; I know. Shh. It's okay. I can still find it annoying and not especially entertaining to watch.

Real short Oscar movie wank:
secretagentphan wrote:I just hope Casey Affleck wins best actor because imo he was fantastic.
~ Casey Affleck is a sexual predator and shouldn't win shit. ~

Article from last year that brought this too my attention and an article from today thats shuts down some of the arguments people make in his defense.

Also Blah Blah Land is basic as hell but will probably win because Hollywood loves movies about Hollywood.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I really loved that video! I wasn't sold when I saw what it was but damn, it just had such a pleasant vibe to it. I felt that they sort of forgot themselves in parts and their banter felt very natural and genuine. The bit when they were reminiscing about the Florida trip where Dan had to fish his golf ball out of a river had me . I surprisingly got really into it as well, it was just a genuinely really entertaining video and my favourite sort of thing they upload I think.

Also Catallena you took the words right out of my mouth re: Casey Affleck, I was just gonna say that
secretagentphan
procrastinator

captainspacecoat wrote:I really loved that video! I wasn't sold when I saw what it was but damn, it just had such a pleasant vibe to it. I felt that they sort of forgot themselves in parts and their banter felt very natural and genuine. The bit when they were reminiscing about the Florida trip where Dan had to fish his golf ball out of a river had me . I surprisingly got really into it as well, it was just a genuinely really entertaining video and my favourite sort of thing they upload I think.

Also Catallena you took the words right out of my mouth re: Casey Affleck, I was just gonna say that
Still have to watch the video but thanks Catallena I was not aware of that, how disappointing. Time to drown my disappointment in domestic bliss!
NoOneWantsATortoise
squish

Catallena wrote:That was a lovely video that I kinda hope they do more of because I love my long relaxing shit (that isn't Undertale) like Bubble Bobble. More of that type of long relaxed videos in general plz, but with more natural bantz and conversation than in this video. This has been discussed before but the mostly one sided 'competition' banter still doesn't do it for me. I don't really like Dan vs. Phil on DAPG anymore, the banter just tends to be better when they need to work together.. Like there were so many great bits in this video when they kinda forgot that they were competing, but then they remembered and the magic was lost. It was still good here because of the otherwise relaxed vibe, but it kinda broke the spell.The whole competition aspect throws of the balance; Dan just does the absolute most while Phil kinda shuts down aside from an occasional good comeback. Before the Dan defense squad kicks my head in with 'DAN IS NOT ACTUALLY MEAN TO PHIL HOW DARE YOU!!!!' or whatever; I know. Shh. It's okay. I can still find it annoying and not especially entertaining to watch.
Me. I was so over it in this video. It was just so incredibly obnoxious and kept building and building with nothing much to play off of or to break it up. Killed the otherwise fun video for me. I know it's all in fun, not serious, and for the vid but yikes I've never wanted a video to just END so badly.

"Uh oh, someone can't handle the bants" and tonight it's definitely me.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

NoOneWantsATortoise wrote:
Catallena wrote:The whole competition aspect throws of the balance; Dan just does the absolute most while Phil kinda shuts down aside from an occasional good comeback. Before the Dan defense squad kicks my head in with 'DAN IS NOT ACTUALLY MEAN TO PHIL HOW DARE YOU!!!!' or whatever; I know. Shh. It's okay. I can still find it annoying and not especially entertaining to watch.
Me. I was so over it in this video. It was just so incredibly obnoxious and kept building and building with nothing much to play off of or to break it up. Killed the otherwise fun video for me. I know it's all in fun, not serious, and for the vid but yikes I've never wanted a video to just END so badly.

"Uh oh, someone can't handle the bants" and tonight it's definitely me.
That's really interesting, I actually didn't get that vibe at all in this video. While I did find Dan kind of grating in the Quick Draw video (not enough to put me off as I knew it was all for the bants, but I could definitely see why people found it difficult to watch), I didn't actually think he was particularly obnoxious in this one. Part of the reason I found it so enjoyable was that they were so evenly matched for most of the video, and to me they each gave as much as the other in terms of playful teasing. I didn't think Phil shut down at all, at least not until the end when it was obvious he was going to lose. I also thought Dan was pretty supportive of Phil, giving him helpful tips even when they were still drawing. It was only when Dan pulled ahead that he started to get more obnoxious, but to me that was all in good spirits and Phil probably would have done the same or similar if he'd won. Not trying to invalidate your opinion or anything, just thought I'd offer a different perspective.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i liked the new video! it was cute and i love the cute golf hats. i also thought they were gonna kiss when dan leaned in really close like i am phan garbage. it was a cute video and i found how dan helped phil with advice and tips was cute too
:transheart:
cryptic_phan
squish

ok so unpopular opinion or just something, i was thinking about

so is it just me or does phil give off a vibe that his hiding something somtimes or that just (idk the word like sneaky) . Like dan his kind of obvious with his opions and stuff and in vlogs you can tell if he does enjoying being there or not and just generally stuff like with dan you can tell when his being generally but with phil its like his more reserved and idk were im going with this but like phil is lowkey sneaky and stuff idk maybe its just me
anathema
morning quiff

cryptic_phan wrote:ok so unpopular opinion or just something, i was thinking about

so is it just me or does phil give off a vibe that his hiding something somtimes or that just (idk the word like sneaky) . Like dan his kind of obvious with his opions and stuff and in vlogs you can tell if he does enjoying being there or not and just generally stuff like with dan you can tell when his being generally but with phil its like his more reserved and idk were im going with this but like phil is lowkey sneaky and stuff idk maybe its just me
Just because Phil doesn't share his opinions doesn't mean that he's hiding anything? I think he's just one of those people who prefers not to say anything so he doesn't accidentally offend someone. And as for acting about enjoying being somewhere or not, again I think it's just a case of Phil not wanting to be rude. I just don't get any suspicious vibes off of him. What would he be hiding anyway? Lol.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."