Dan & Phil Part 39: There's no integrity here

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose

Their cowboy skit and shitty accents made me laugh out loud! good vid
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

close your eyes at 4.23 and let your imagination run wild
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

malday wrote:Their cowboy skit and shitty accents made me laugh out loud! good vid
"you stole my cattle, danny fire. i know you like to milk things, but i want bess back."
thank's you were great
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

swofro wrote: I am about to congrats you just now
Especially the soda shaking part
I'm glad I'm remembered for the important things
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
jesp
why bother

Last minute thread name poll. I had to remake it, so if you've just voted, you'll need to vote again. Sorry about that.

It's fine to keep posting in this thread until the new one is made, 40 pages is more tradition than a hard limit.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

Sorry in advance for this post, I already can see that mine will be an unpopular opinion, but this gaming video was almost as much cringe for me as TATINOF fanfiction segment :? (and I really hated that). I mean, wow, I've managed to watch it, but for the most part with my eyes closed, and I probably need to rewatch it, but I can't, it's just too much. I don't know why it is that way for me, I usually appreciate all kinds of content Deppy put out, even the silliest things, and I'm not normally bothered by innuendos, like, at all, I rather like the controversial Horse Prince videos (because I feel like they really find it interesting, for whatever reason), but this one... nope, nope, noppity nope, I'll honestly take the bus tour over this any day (sorry again for being negative, I don't really want to criticise Deppy over this, I'm just really surprised at my own, very strong, reaction, and I also found them quite tense at some moments in the video, but I literally can't stomach a rewatch, at least yet)
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

I really did enjoy this video but yeah at some points I had to pause due to cringing and then squeeze my eyes shut watching it
:D
Amiaw
interactive introvert

coffeepenguin wrote:Sorry in advance for this post, I already can see that mine will be an unpopular opinion, but this gaming video was almost as much cringe for me as TATINOF fanfiction segment :? (and I really hated that). I mean, wow, I've managed to watch it, but for the most part with my eyes closed, and I probably need to rewatch it, but I can't, it's just too much. I don't know why it is that way for me, I usually appreciate all kinds of content Deppy put out, even the silliest things, and I'm not normally bothered by innuendos, like, at all, I rather like the controversial Horse Prince videos (because I feel like they really find it interesting, for whatever reason), but this one... nope, nope, noppity nope, I'll honestly take the bus tour over this any day (sorry again for being negative, I don't really want to criticise Deppy over this, I'm just really surprised at my own, very strong, reaction, and I also found them quite tense at some moments in the video, but I literally can't stomach a rewatch, at least yet)
I liked parts of the video but other parts of it made me feel uncomfortable as well and I can't pinpoint why. It's interesting- this video is silly and full of fan service but it feels different than horse prince or any of their other "unintentionally" sexy videos? Maybe it is just the act that the video was flipped- that threw me off for about 7 minutes, but I did notice that dan especially seemed tense at some points
KlaBimm
crusty sponge

I just loved this video, and the whole lot of innuendos and that they didn't shy away from that. Ohh, and all that eye contact...
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

coffeepenguin wrote:Sorry in advance for this post, I already can see that mine will be an unpopular opinion, but this gaming video was almost as much cringe for me as TATINOF fanfiction segment :? (and I really hated that). I mean, wow, I've managed to watch it, but for the most part with my eyes closed, and I probably need to rewatch it, but I can't, it's just too much. I don't know why it is that way for me, I usually appreciate all kinds of content Deppy put out, even the silliest things, and I'm not normally bothered by innuendos, like, at all, I rather like the controversial Horse Prince videos (because I feel like they really find it interesting, for whatever reason), but this one... nope, nope, noppity nope, I'll honestly take the bus tour over this any day (sorry again for being negative, I don't really want to criticise Deppy over this, I'm just really surprised at my own, very strong, reaction, and I also found them quite tense at some moments in the video, but I literally can't stomach a rewatch, at least yet)
I totally agree with you that the cringe is high (though surely nothing could be worse than the bus tour! :gg: ). I did wonder why they were doing all that....wanking. It seemed pointlessly weird and uncomfortable at times.

But--I couldn't keep my eyes off Dan in this. Did I mention how much I'm liking his hair? And he looked tall and supple and--oh, dear: where's the fan emoji?
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Rigby
lady door

lurker wrote:Image

Tbh I cringed a lot too, but in a "good" way.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Can quotes from this vid be considered for the next thread titles please? It's just full of awesomely strange little one liners this is the kind of game me and my friends like to play when we're drunk so I loved every second of it, It looks like they're just having fun now and I love it and now I really want some kind of rock band vid because dan strutting around with a tiny plastic guitar while trying to be serious would just be amazing
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

LeftHandedism wrote:I did wonder why they were doing all that....wanking. It seemed pointlessly weird and uncomfortable at times.
i honestly think this is a matter of perception and finding innuendos funny or not? like, i do understand why people might not want to hear them make the 10th wanking joke in a row, but to me it didn't feel like there was any other reason to it than that the game basically called for it. so to me personally, it seemed like they were being spontaneous and i also didn't get the impression that either of them was uncomfortable at all.

but it's interesting to see how other people here might perceive it differently!
thank's you were great
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I'm gonna watch this video on loop all week. It was too perfect between post-baking and Dan's hair.... *heart eyes*
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lurker wrote:
LeftHandedism wrote:I did wonder why they were doing all that....wanking. It seemed pointlessly weird and uncomfortable at times.
i honestly think this is a matter of perception and finding innuendos funny or not? like, i do understand why people might not want to hear them make the 10th wanking joke in a row, but to me it didn't feel like there was any other reason to it than that the game basically called for it. so to me personally, it seemed like they were being spontaneous and i also didn't get the impression that either of them was uncomfortable at all.

but it's interesting to see how other people here might perceive it differently!
Can you imagine the reactions people would have if Dan and Phil did an entire video full of sexually suggestive imagery and ignored it all? To me, that would have been way more uncomfortable than the jokes they did make.

In fact, given what we know of both of their senses of humor, I'd say that the jokes they made in the video are basically the same ones they'd have made if the camera hadn't been on. We're just still in a state of transition when it comes to being used to seeing/hearing Dan and Phil make those jokes together.
KlaBimm
crusty sponge

lurker wrote:

to this
AmazingOCD
glabella

Rigby wrote:
Tbh I cringed a lot too, but in a "good" way.
I second this. A bit of cringe (not too much though) is funny!

My friend may have told me a few corny jokes today so I really appreciated the humour. I was in the mood where cringey makes me laugh :D

I adored that video, full stop. It was worth the wait.
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

My last post was about wishing them to do another moving-around game, so I'm a happy camper. :D Some of the minigames are pretty cringe (the milking game? just...why, nintendo??) but in general I found them more funny than uncomfortable.

I was happily surprised at which of them won the Zen challenge, I honestly didn't expect that. I'd love to see them revisit this sometime in the future.
bantstrash
delia smith

I didn't recognise Dan until he started speaking. I didn't like it I mean, I liked the video but it made me really uncomfortable.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

lurker wrote: i honestly think this is a matter of perception and finding innuendos funny or not? like, i do understand why people might not want to hear them make the 10th wanking joke in a row, but to me it didn't feel like there was any other reason to it than that the game basically called for it. so to me personally, it seemed like they were being spontaneous and i also didn't get the impression that either of them was uncomfortable at all.

I am all here for them having innuendos and more adult humour. I literally laughed so much, but what can I say, I have a mind that is in the gutter 99% of the time.

I mean, just look at this edit i made, is there anyone out there who isn't going to enjoy phil pulling this sex face

:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

missemma wrote:
lurker wrote: i honestly think this is a matter of perception and finding innuendos funny or not? like, i do understand why people might not want to hear them make the 10th wanking joke in a row, but to me it didn't feel like there was any other reason to it than that the game basically called for it. so to me personally, it seemed like they were being spontaneous and i also didn't get the impression that either of them was uncomfortable at all.

I am all here for them having innuendos and more adult humour. I literally laughed so much, but what can I say, I have a mind that is in the gutter 99% of the time.

I mean, just look at this edit i made, is there anyone out there who isn't going to enjoy phil pulling this sex face

:D
dontpanic
#relatable

Couldn't NOT make timestamps for this one, there were so many good moments :')
1-2-Switch: DAPG 06/03/17

0:21—Smasidge
0:26—Mastermind phil knows how to get those sweet views ;)
0:48—Is dan rubbing it in our faces how we don’t get the “1 2 Switch” game for free like they do, or is he shading Nitendo for being money hungry jerks who won’t even give a complimentary game anymore like they used to?
1:00—Phil pet mention #1
1:37—Dan explaining how, just like luigi, Phil would make a good communist leader.
2:40—Dan: “neither of us do, this is going to be terrible.” Dan looks so sad here I can’t stop laughing
3:00—
3:35—the moment they both say “milk” I knew something amazing would happen. I was not disappointed.
4:19—Dan’s face when he realizes the control vibrates. There’s not much eyecontact this round...
5:01—We all know what this implies Danny-boi
5:53—Phil's offended when Dan shades his reaction time. Phil love, rewatch this and get back to me
5:55—they’re like, way too good at roleplaying here. Suspiciously good.
6:28—Phil’s foot
6:48—When the soda shake option pops up Phil looks SO HAPPY and Dan’s just like ffs.
7:02—Like, I totally know Phil said “like pass the bomb,” but I heard “we pass the bong” which is a very different thing…
7:16—Dan knows what he’s doing here, making direct eyecontact with the camera while he’s “shaking” the “bottle” smh :gg:
7:21—we always joke about how dan’s a bad sport in games but lol Phil you didn’t even shake that
8:11—Dan doesn’t want to do the shaving game b/c he knows Phil would win
8:20—Baby talk once again. honestly boys, you talk about babies more than my catholic mother and no, mom, I don’t care if Karen’s daughter already has 2 children, I still sometimes forget to feed myself I’m not ready to handle a human yet
8:53—they both realize what it looks like at the same time & their reactions are pure gold
9:08—the guy in the video looks SO INTENSE eating the sandwiches the vein in his neck is straining
9:24—the way they make each other laugh during the sandwich round is precious
10:10—Phil’s eyes while doing the sandwich thing
10:37—
I’m so happy I found this video with the slur cut out, high school me found this video hilarious. Still got language tho?
10:38—The wizard dude looks like jesse from breaking bad fite meh
10:51—Their dedication to their craft is remarkable. I love how dan gives phil the green cape to go with the green hat and he takes the black/red cape to go with the red hat.
10:54—Dan’s wearing the minion socks
12:00—Hermione and the Slain Centaur; a novel by Phil Lester. Release Date 2018
12:03—Dan’s delayed reaction to Phil’s centaur hate kills me
12:20—I have no idea why but I thought they were going to do an all or nothing.
12:24—PAUSE IT HERE If you look on top of the black bookcase behind dan you see a white sign. I thought at first it said “I LOVE #MEN” but then I saw there were more letters. You know what it says? “I LOVE #MEMES.” Unsubscribed.
13:27—How can you irresponsibly milk a cow?
13:16 to 13:30—14 seconds of endcard not bad

danisgoodwithudders and AmazingBalance

Something felt off and then I realized the camera is mirrored. I liked this video, didn’t love it, but it was pretty calm. I like Bishi Bashi Special more, but for some reason this made me want to see them play some classic Mario Party. It’s a compromise! It’s a board game which a lot of us want, but it’s a video game which they want! It’s official, get the Nintendo 64 out boys.
momoroki
glabella

I absolutely loved this video it made me actually cry from laughter (probably also because i have a cold so i'm just teary 24/7) but oh my lord. The jokes were hilarious to me, I literally could not stop wheezing because the entire thing was just so gloriously funny. Maybe because I'm immature and wanking jokes, even if they're repeated 10 times, never fail to make me bust a gut. This is probs my favourite video in a while, idk if i would call it cringe though? I'd call the TATINOF fanfiction segment cringe, not this - maybe I have a different definition of cringey though.

(I honestly don't get why people are uncomfortable with this video? not to dismiss the opinions who do feel discomfort bc that's totally fine! but i'm just confused on why you would feel that way lol)
Dan looked so different flipped around though! he looked like,,, a prototype for the next step in the Dan Evolution Cycle™ (that probably doesn't make sense but again I'm sick so my brains are freeze-dried)
malday
emo goose

best meme !
dontpanic
#relatable

lurker wrote:

My s/o got the nintendo switch a tad early from work and when we were playing I swear a good 80% of the games for 1-2-Switch are different versions of wanking. Everyone would have complained forever if they didn't play 1-2-switch, and it's impossible to avoid the #wanks when playing. but yeah I totally understand how the constant stream of wank jokes could feel awkward.

(deppy must have gone through all these games tho because they played most of the best ones.)