Dan & Phil Part 39: There's no integrity here

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
gnostic
stress mushroom

So... we've been bamboozled I see

I just want more games Phil is good at tbh not that Danny boy can ever survive that
Just here for the marketing skills
human
dan hand trash

gnostic wrote:I just want more games Phil is good at tbh not that Danny boy can ever survive that
That's a bit unfair. Dan isn't good at Google Feud at all and he's a fine loser. It's just bants, so I think that's unnecessarily harsh against Dan tbh. He can't help being very good at games?

Disappointed there was no video but then I guess they were both filming so meh. It's probably just my own fault for preferring the gaming channel content lol but that's just what I subscribed to first and prefer. I still can't believe I'm subscribed to their individual channels sometimes, I really don't like YouTubers and don't care about anyone else's lol I'm far too old.

It's interesting that put out that licking games video, as if they were determined to ride the crest of the Nintendo Switch wave. I guess they realised they were too late to the Pokémon Go party and it was more beneficial for them to get that content out there in a more timely manner. Admittedly, I really like the idea they might be taking the gaming channel more seriously as it's just brilliant. They are the only gaming collab channel worth its salt, in my humble opinion.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

human wrote:It's interesting that put out that licking games video, as if they were determined to ride the crest of the Nintendo Switch wave. I guess they realised they were too late to the Pokémon Go party and it was more beneficial for them to get that content out there in a more timely manner.
Yeah I think they definitely learned from the Pokemon Go thing that they were just late on the trend. (ok i had something else here but i was wrong so i edited it out)
zvezdochka
dank meme

But they've always been late. To me the fact that The Impossible Quiz is even mentioned on the internet in 2017 is a disgrace (and I'm a 4chaner born and raised, so my standards are pretty low). Same goes for Happy Wheels, Akinator, Google Feud. One can argue that D&P play these games ironically - sure, but to fully appreciate the irony you need a nice base of semi-intelligent games. And they don't have that. They dragged Undertale for a year. Licking cartridges is idiotic and I love it, but I would love it more, if it wasn't preceded by kawaii Equus.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

zvezdochka wrote:But they've always been late. To me the fact that The Impossible Quiz is even mentioned on the internet in 2017 is a disgrace (and I'm a 4chaner born and raised, so my standards are pretty low). Same goes for Happy Wheels, Akinator, Google Feud. One can argue that D&P play these games ironically - sure, but to fully appreciate the irony you need a nice base of semi-intelligent games. And they don't have that. They dragged Undertale for a year. Licking cartridges is idiotic and I love it, but I would love it more, if it wasn't preceded by kawaii Equus.
the first version of the impossible quiz was released before yt even existed as a webpage, akinator is from 2007, happy wheels from 2010, so i don't exactly think the argument that deppy were too late for that quite holds for these examples. even if there was a trend on yt to do videos on these games which they missed, it's still not the same thing as being late for a game that is hyped by a broad audience for a relatively short amount of time, such as pokémon go. (which, granted.) of course series like tiq aren't everyone's cup of tea, but i don't really understand where your argument that you need a base of "more intelligent" games on the channel to be able to appreciate them holds. sure, i'd love for them to tackle a longer series with more gameplay too, but apparently (according to phil's recent liveshow) they (or at least phil) currently enjoy giving commentary over ~serious gameplay~, which i'd like to take as an indication that they like what they do. i don't think flash games etc on dapg need to be justified by deppy playing them ironically.
thank's you were great
pearshaped34
morning quiff

zvezdochka wrote:But they've always been late. To me the fact that The Impossible Quiz is even mentioned on the internet in 2017 is a disgrace (and I'm a 4chaner born and raised, so my standards are pretty low). Same goes for Happy Wheels, Akinator, Google Feud. One can argue that D&P play these games ironically - sure, but to fully appreciate the irony you need a nice base of semi-intelligent games. And they don't have that. They dragged Undertale for a year. Licking cartridges is idiotic and I love it, but I would love it more, if it wasn't preceded by kawaii Equus.
While I do wish they'd get to things like Akinator and Google Fued before literally every other youtuber has played it first I actually like them bringing back games like the impossible quiz that were popular like 10+ years ago. I'd personally completely forgot it existed until they started playing it and it felt weirdly nostalgic for me as there was a point at my school where literally all anybody did in IT was play that game so I appreciated seeing it again (the joys of being young in the days before schools knew who to block stuff).

Actually on that note most of my favourite D&P gaming videos actually are them playing games that were popular years ago like bubble bobble and the who wants to be a millionaire quiz game so I'm actually all for them playing whatever games they were into when they were younger. There are people who enjoy that stuff.

Edit
lurker wrote: the first version of the impossible quiz was released before yt even existed as a webpage, akinator is from 2007, happy wheels from 2010, so i don't exactly think the argument that deppy were too late for that quite holds for these examples.
I did not realise Akinator had been around anywhere near that long!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

So excited!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

There are so many wanking!dan moments in this video, it is glorious!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

missemma wrote:There are so many wanking!dan moments in this video, it is glorious!
i dont think ive ever laughed so hard at a video. they literally looked like they were wanking for most of it that was brilliant.
:biflag: :blackheart:
swofro
angel bean

missemma wrote:There are so many wanking!dan moments in this video, it is glorious!
I am about to congrats you just now
Especially the soda shaking part
Love is forever
SquishPhan
capita£ester

It being flipped freaked me out a bit, but then I got used to it.

This was so funny to watch.

I bet that there are going to be so many weird/great gifs coming from this vid.

Really happy about who won this Dan vs. Phil. :D
Jenny
squish
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Uhhhh, so does anyone know what this sign in the background of the switch video says?

On first glance I thought it said "I LOVE #MEN" and I nearly shat myself.... but under scrutiny It looks like there are 4 maybe 5 letters

Is it actually "I LOVE #MEMES"?

[offtopic]Also, I havent been here in a while, hope everyone is doing well [/offtopic]
AmazingOCD
glabella

Jenny wrote:Uhhhh, so does anyone know what this sign in the background of the switch video says?

On first glance I thought it said "I LOVE #MEN" and I nearly shat myself.... but under scrutiny It looks like there are 4 maybe 5 letters

Is it actually "I LOVE #MEMES"?

[offtopic]Also, I havent been here in a while, hope everyone is doing well [/offtopic]
It does say MEMES. You got your hopes up!
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
Rigby
lady door

Omg this video was amazing, I couldn't stop laughing and smiling. Will watch again for sure.
gnostic
stress mushroom

This is the gayest shit I have seen this year and I have rewatched Ru Pauls Drag Race in February
Just here for the marketing skills
thephandommenace
procrastinator

This is my favourite gaming video/general D&P video in absolutely ages, I couldn't stop laughing or smiling.
Phil staring Dan straight in the eye and saying 'milk that cow, Dan' is my new sexuality
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Well, we're definitely in a post-baking universe, that was a whole truckload of silliness, wanking and not-blowing. Dan looks even taller than usual next to Phil, what is this witchcraft (standing up I suppose, but still). So many funny silly moments, as usual I've already forgotten the specifics. Loved Dan's little quip about quality content at the beginning. Even weirder than seeing them in reverse is seeing the living room flipped, I was so confused by the shelves and the door until I realised.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

At 6:38 in the new video, after the quick draw match:

D: Look at that angle. I shot you right in the penis.
P: [while intensely staring right at dan] I'm not gonna have any more-

and then he just. stopped.

come on phil what won't you have any more of? the world needs to know
iero
phabergé

new vid was so fun and hilarious, i'll defo rewatch later!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

It was definitely weird to see them flipped, and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out which hand they were using (it seemed like most of the time they were both using the same hand, rather than opposite hands).

By far the most important part, however, is that Dan's hair is even more amazing than ever. The only downside to the vision of him with so many curls and the shaved sides is that it really does make Phil's haircut look like a relic from 2006, as the commenter on the Lick video said. So, time for Phil to get the quiff going for real.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
SquishPhan
capita£ester

alittledizzy wrote:At 6:38 in the new video, after the quick draw match:

D: Look at that angle. I shot you right in the penis.
P: [while intensely staring right at dan] I'm not gonna have any more-

and then he just. stopped.

come on phil what won't you have any more of? the world needs to know
Yes I need to know as well. Tell us.

Also love that Phil identified as Hermione when being a wizard.
DatCog
blobfish

That was just a joy from start to finish. Can't wait for the gifs! Another who was very confused about the flipped room...Dan looked strange flipped but Phil looked normal - he must be more symmetrical

Time to watch again
lurker
janice from the shop

thank's you were great
lost686girl
living flop

LeftHandedism wrote:It was definitely weird to see them flipped, and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out which hand they were using (it seemed like most of the time they were both using the same hand, rather than opposite hands).

By far the most important part, however, is that Dan's hair is even more amazing than ever. The only downside to the vision of him with so many curls and the shaved sides is that it really does make Phil's haircut look like a relic from 2006, as the commenter on the Lick video said. So, time for Phil to get the quiff going for real.

i would love to see phil with a new haircut. i wouldn't mind something more fluffy like what dan is rocking. something soft!
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Took me a minute to realise why the camera's switched

ALSO: 4:23 "Oh god the vibrations on this are way too acc-"
:D