Dan & Phil Part 1: The Mods are NOT EXEMPT FROM ANY RULES

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Stakhanov wrote:
[offtopic]So what the hell happened on GG. People ask questions because a regular poster gets banned, a flood of moderators invades the sub-board and some silly rules are stickied? And now all the threads are locked, the fuck? It all smells like some weird moderator ego power trip.[/offtopic]
That kinda sums it up :D

(Also, luck my dear, lurk)

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

fancybum
senpai

Stakhanov wrote:Evening ladies and gents. Well, mostly ladies going by the pronouns ;-)

So it's the official end of the radio show? I'm not sure how i should feel about that. Does anybody know if they ratings were good when they had the weekly show (or was it bi-weekly. I didn't watch it that frequently #fakefan)
On the one hand, it's understandable giving their tour and possible other side projects that they had to make a choice, or that the BBC made a choice for them. D&P (Deepee, DerPy. Yea i wanna call them DerPy :D) got a wealth of options really, i thought they wanted to make inroads into more conventional media but maybe i'm totally mistaken. The focus now on the tours and the book does look like a return to their 'core business'.
Something like the SAP, where they have full creative control and aren't burdened by any format, would be perfect. I want to see them grow as creative producers.

[offtopic]So what the hell happened on GG. People ask questions because a regular poster gets banned, a flood of moderators invades the sub-board and some silly rules are stickied? And now all the threads are locked, the fuck? It all smells like some weird moderator ego power trip.[/offtopic]
Welcome! Check out the 'What happened to GG" thread in the Everything Else area for a fun recap of epic fuckery.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Stakhanov wrote:[offtopic]So what the hell happened on GG. People ask questions because a regular poster gets banned, a flood of moderators invades the sub-board and some silly rules are stickied? And now all the threads are locked, the fuck? It all smells like some weird moderator ego power trip.[/offtopic]
At this point it's more like half a dozen regular posters have been banned, and despite obviously not wanting those people on GG they're taking extra efforts to stop people from posting links to this forum and being generally unaccommodating to anyone asking any kinds of questions. So yeah, power trip. You'll get a much better idea of it from the What happened to GG thread, as fancybum said.
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

I just started watching DP last month because the "phan" comment on almost every youtube videos I was watching (I mean even cooking videos.) But I know they exist coz when Superfruit did the Tumblr tag people kept on commenting to credit Phil."

Any way, I've been reading GG threads and I really enjoyed the Sherlock adventures during Japhan and IoM. Seriously, this fandom proves that fangirls should be professional investigators. During Japhan, I laughed so hard on the bed discussion. You guys even had the blueprint of the room. Even though Japhan was cute, I enjoyed the IoM discussion more. First, the thread's name was vpretty apt (Putting the "D' in domestic.) Second, people figuring out the timeline of DP's actions. But most especially, I enjoyed watching older DP fans reverting to 12yrs old obsessed fangirls when Dan posted the photo in Instagram.

I like DP's videos coz I only want light cute videos in YT. But I will definitely feel the frustration on the "quality" of the video's content once their tour starts. (That's how I feel whenever PTX is on tour and Superfruit post mostly Q&A.) DAN really is too hard on himself. If he wants to create artistic sketches, he needs to be more inspired. Phil should end his censored AP and go back to his weird yet v creative self. then again, what do I know. I am new.

All in all, I like the phandom more than DP coz it can live even without content. Personally, I want DP to ditch their brand and focus on their own channels/separate career after the tour. but I am Phan af so I am torn.

Regarding Dan's ls, thankfully was not his exag self. I want to punch his pretty face sometimes coz of his exag reactions. BUT WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW IF DAN EVER ACKNOWLEDGE THE HARU PILLOW? Did he buy that pillow knowing 1.the show caters to thirsty fangirls 2.Haru looks like Phil. I am really curious.

Also, what thread in GG can I read the Netflix and Phil?

sorry for the long post. I am at work and I am procrastinating.
kinemacolor
crusty sponge

i'm enjoying all the responses on your favorite times in the fandom, thank you! can't believe i forgot japhan, what a time that was.

on the topic of "playing like a clown for the internet", i didn't watch the liveshow so forgive me if i'm wrong but it kind of sounds of the same line of the infamous "i'm just joking everything's a joke i'm a joke help" tweet that reading back makes me so :( these little spillings of reality really do seem kind of bleak, he's probably more aware of his shit content but just doesn't know what to do :/ who knows his stance on his *shudders* persona on the gaming channel, maybe he's just as annoyed at its fakeness as we are but feels trapped :?

also thank you to everyone on font size i'm an absolute idiot
fancybum
senpai

Diyes_Celine wrote: Also, what thread in GG can I read the Netflix and Phil?

sorry for the long post. I am at work and I am procrastinating.
Discussion starts about Phil's 'netflix and Phil' tweet at the bottom of the page:
smh phil

And it just occurred to me (I'm on a roll today :roll:) that people maybe were just calling the whole MaM/fries thing 'netflix and Phil' but whatever idk I'll link to both.

Making a Murderer discussion:
sweet sweet potato fries in bed
rainy_days
not a first-time poster

Hello all

So I never really joined in on the old website but I thought I'd have a go at being more active here.

I've been lurking since the start of the gaming channel and was watching for a while before that.

Enjoyed all the little dramas and excitement on the way ex. Japhan was lovely but the boar almost made me quit :x

Really like the look and feel of this place
Amazinglyonfire
tol bean

Here's a topic that's been bugging me that I've addressed in other places but ...

Phil's had TWO separate 10 year anniversary marks. Him starting his channel in February and the anniversary of his first "Hellooo I'm Phil" vlog from 2006. Not a (public) peep from Dan. Nothing. You'd think that Dan would at the very least mention it, but I've seen nothing on twitter, nothing in a live show. Zilch.

What gives?
DryCereal
koi pond

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I couldn't care less about TATINOF, but I appreciate seeing their faces. And it's cute that Phil took the picture, but Dan tweeted it. Cute cute cute.
the candlelight by the crescent moon
swofro
angel bean

Is that the zipper shoes? Because I hate the zipper shoes.
Love is forever
PolarFox
truth bomb

Don't want to sound too stalkerish, but I just looked at Dan's faved tweets and this got me laughing... Also, Dan, aren't you recently talking about/liking way too much grindr stuff? :lol:
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
Zaz
dank meme

It's definitely the zipper shoes! :)
Kurapika wrote:I couldn't care less about TATINOF, but I appreciate seeing their faces. And it's cute that Phil took the picture, but Dan tweeted it. Cute cute cute.
agreed!!!
English is not my first language, sorry for any mistakes!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
What a lovely picture.
gasp
phillion/danosaur <//3

I'm 90% sure that "tto stalkerish" is relegated to actally following them around in person on this forum, and other violations of basic human rights. pretty much everything else is free game.
"I will sue your ass into oblivion"
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
What a lovely picture.
Definitely. Can't help being interested in TATINOF the show, although I won't be going... Hope the rehearsals go well, but I'm curious as to what, if any changes they'll be making (content-wise, let alone Dan's comments about the set last night - it's true, certainly some of the stages they were on in the UK aren't exactly massive - in particular the Palladium must have been a bit of an awkward squeeze given the free floorspace inside the junkyard) for next month.
shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Aww look at them

i think i like the zipper shoes, fight me(we need an emoticon to go with that)
I actually got some Vans platforms with gold studs kinda because it was very danhowell aesthetically pleasing wow am i trash
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fancybum
senpai

Amazinglyonfire wrote:Here's a topic that's been bugging me that I've addressed in other places but ...

Phil's had TWO separate 10 year anniversary marks. Him starting his channel in February and the anniversary of his first "Hellooo I'm Phil" vlog from 2006. Not a (public) peep from Dan. Nothing. You'd think that Dan would at the very least mention it, but I've seen nothing on twitter, nothing in a live show. Zilch.

What gives?
You know what, after thinking about it more, I think Phil asked him not to say anything. He didn't make a big deal out of it himself (no milestone video or anything) and both times he mentioned it on twitter were after it had already trended for a few hours, so I don't think he wanted a big fuss. He may have preferred to just ignore it both times, but wanted to show appreciation to the fans. Dan getting in on the hashtag or acknowledging it would have encouraged everybody even more (and we know they talk to each other about some of their tweets before sending them...) That's my theory.

Does Dan recreate this in the show?
Starlighthugs
tol bean

Does Dan recreate this in the show?
Image[/quote]

(I have no idea if I've quoted that properly....)
I have to be honest, this is probably one of my favourite videos of D&P that they haven't uploaded themselves. There aren't many videos that make me laugh every time I watch them but this one does. It would be awesome if they recreate this moment in TATINOF USA. I really hope the tour DVD or video does take months and months to come out, I'm nosy as anything and I wan't to see what the show is like!

It's my first post in the D&P thread, here and on the other website...I'm nervous. I may not post a lot, but I want to. I hope I don't repeat what a lot of other people have said. :|
DryCereal
koi pond

fancybum wrote:
Amazinglyonfire wrote:Here's a topic that's been bugging me that I've addressed in other places but ...

What gives?
You know what, after thinking about it more, I think Phil asked him not to say anything. He didn't make a big deal out of it himself (no milestone video or anything) and both times he mentioned it on twitter were after it had already trended for a few hours, so I don't think he wanted a big fuss. He may have preferred to just ignore it both times, but wanted to show appreciation to the fans. Dan getting in on the hashtag or acknowledging it would have encouraged everybody even more (and we know they talk to each other about some of their tweets before sending them...) That's my theory.
Mine too. Dan's not usually shy about talking Phil up publically, so it's the only explanation I can think of. #ExistentialPhil perhaps? 10 years on YT, 30 next year mini-panic?
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

shikaritrash wrote:Aww look at them

I actually got some Vans platforms with gold studs kinda because it was very danhowell aesthetically pleasing wow am i trash
:platonic: Fite us, where Can I buy them and do they come in slimmer-foot-shapes.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

swofro
angel bean

Fighting you Wow, I love stud shoes, they look cool but probably will look awkward on me. During A Level years, I was broke most of the time so I have only one sneakers that I changed the shoelace to different colours every few weeks But zipper shoes, I don't like it. Buy a new one, Dan, with more beautiful design. You are a millionaire (i guess), buy 10 shoes.
Love is forever
DryCereal
koi pond

Anonymousse wrote:

:platonic: Fite us, where Can I buy them and do they come in slimmer-foot-shapes.
+1... Kids sizes? (It's tough being 5'9 and UK Size 2.5 :sobs: THE HALF SIZE IS VERY IMPORTANT, OK?!?!)
angrymob
hobbit hair

Anonymousse wrote:

I'd fight you, but then I might catch your disgusting, disgusting tastes. Laces only master race!

That being said, despite Dan's questionable fashion tastes sometimes, I generally think all the things he wears, while not my favourite individually, look great together as a style. yes, even the zipper shoes
fancybum
senpai

Starlighthugs wrote: I have to be honest, this is probably one of my favourite videos of D&P that they haven't uploaded themselves. There aren't many videos that make me laugh every time I watch them but this one does. It would be awesome if they recreate this moment in TATINOF USA. I really hope the tour DVD or video does take months and months to come out, I'm nosy as anything and I wan't to see what the show is like!

It's my first post in the D&P thread, here and on the other website...I'm nervous. I may not post a lot, but I want to. I hope I don't repeat what a lot of other people have said. :|
I do love it too (high on my rewatch list) but damn do I feel uncomfortable at the D&P wedding bit. EVERYBODY instantly looks so uncomfortable (fidgeting/looking away), I die a little every time it happens. lol chris why

And yes they better not keep us waiting for the show (dvd or otherwise..), have they even mentioned it recently? Or are they sweeping it under the rug.. maybe they didn't like how the one they filmed in London turned out or something.
At least I know I can count on the Americans for some sneaky bootlegs bc freedom
I mean- what? I didn't say anything. 8-)