Dan & Phil Part 1: The Mods are NOT EXEMPT FROM ANY RULES

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Anonymousse wrote:
shikaritrash wrote:Aww look at them

i think i like the zipper shoes, fight me(we need an emoticon to go with that)
I actually got some Vans platforms with gold studs kinda because it was very danhowell aesthetically pleasing wow am i trash
:platonic: Fite us, where Can I buy them and do they come in slimmer-foot-shapes.
...and where can I find a bank account with enough zeros to buy them :lol:

angrymob you're too afraid to have nice taste, that's all 8-)

I'm not really into the tour to be frank. Never really was and I tend to avoid the conversations because I think I wouldn't enjoy it that much? I could have gotten tickets for £10 when they were in London but couldn't bother (i'm sorry if i offend anyone who would love to see them it's just what it is) and I guess I was afraid to feel too out of place.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kurapika

I'm glad I live so far away, so I don't even have to consider going to TATINOF, but even if they came here, I don't think paying to travel to the city and the ticket would be worth it.
My obsession with D&P is very weird, because with all the other people I stan, I'd LOVE to meet them, or just see them live. But I really don't feel like this with D&P for some reason.
the candlelight by the crescent moon
gray_walls
dank meme
Pronouns: she/her

fancybum wrote:
Starlighthugs wrote: I have to be honest, this is probably one of my favourite videos of D&P that they haven't uploaded themselves. There aren't many videos that make me laugh every time I watch them but this one does. It would be awesome if they recreate this moment in TATINOF USA. I really hope the tour DVD or video does take months and months to come out, I'm nosy as anything and I wan't to see what the show is like!

It's my first post in the D&P thread, here and on the other website...I'm nervous. I may not post a lot, but I want to. I hope I don't repeat what a lot of other people have said. :|
I do love it too (high on my rewatch list) but damn do I feel uncomfortable at the D&P wedding bit. EVERYBODY instantly looks so uncomfortable (fidgeting/looking away), I die a little every time it happens. lol chris why
i on the contrary find this video pretty awkward and not very enjoyable. There are some comedy gold, but overall it feels kinda forced and tense. Of course it is just the impression that i got, other people may not sense any tension at all

And i am team zipper shoes! Dan indeed has quite controversial fashion sense
excuse me my broken english
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Starlighthugs wrote:It's my first post in the D&P thread, here and on the other website...I'm nervous. I may not post a lot, but I want to. I hope I don't repeat what a lot of other people have said. :|
Hii!! Don't worry, we don't bite. I hope you do post - and don't worry about repetition. Even if you are seconding someone else's already stated opinion, everyone has their own twist to put on things.
Kurapika

I also love the Geek Week Crabstickz video! Everyone there is so great and it's so so so so funny. I've watched it about 20 times, and will watch many more. Everything Chris does is so good. Come back Chris :cry:

(and we got 2022 from this video, and even if it doesnt come true, im glad it happened lmao)
the candlelight by the crescent moon
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

shikaritrash wrote: ...and where can I find a bank account with enough zeros to buy them :lol:
How expensive are they? :|

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

shikaritrash

Anonymousse wrote:
shikaritrash wrote: ...and where can I find a bank account with enough zeros to buy them :lol:
How expensive are they? :|
i don't really know apparently they're not that expensive (i found £128 but not sure), i think i've mistaken them with some other pairs he owns. still can't afford them though :lol:

For me I think it would be too weird to meet them. Even weirder if I just saw them randomly in the street or where i work (i do think about it sometimes quite a lot don't judge me, one has to occupy her mind on the tube). The internet is just fine :lol:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
arwen
phillion/danosaur <//3

hi first post in this thread :)

OT but the old gigi thread is now unlocked, but I sincerely hope it remains a ghost town.

Also, just to stay on a D&P-topic. I love how happy both Dan and Phil seem to be when they are busy. A big part of me feels like they've grown out of the Youtube uploading schedule because they just genuinly enjoy bigger projects where they can work intensely on something for months and then kind of lean back and get proper breaks, like they did after the UK tour. The constant pressure of a regular YT-schedule stresses me out just thinking about it. The thought of uploading a video and knowing that it just means you need to think of a new idea for your next video and fast. because it needs to go up in a week - ad infinitum........ ugh. Phil clearly has a better way of dealing with this, but I can definitely see why Dan's struggling, and why he seems to enjoy touring and doing documentaries more.

I looove the Geek Week special so much. Crabstickz as an awkward, nerdy game show host with corny jokes is everything. I even like the video without D&P, but with Emma, which says a lot.
paris a la clé du passé. oui, princesse, je vous ai trouvé.
Lari
phillion/danosaur <//3

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
what a lovely picture
swofro wrote:Is that the zipper shoes? Because I hate the zipper shoes.
its the zipper shoes i love the zipper shoes

i wonder why the threads got reopened so quick :sideeye:
whoknows
crusty sponge

Hi all you new people and lurkers, you need to come out and play more.

Ok so I was going to go to bour when it was close to me and stalk a mod, but it just got expensive and I couldn't justify it. Plus I'm an older phan but I was gonna drag my kid along and use him as an excuse. I'm kind of happy I couldn't go because I get so much second hand embarrassment, and I would have been trying to melt into a puddle in my seat.

But I hope they end up kind up on kind of a more regular upload schedule. I do wonder how they are going to be since they are on such a long tour. I also feel bad if they end up doing there shows to half empty places. I hope they rake in the money because ffs I need them to be able to buy the house/koi pond/dog/kids/nerd wedding.

Felucca, I so have missed your long posts, I'm glad your finally here.

Dan,bring those fucking shoes on bour so I can somehow fucking burn them plz.
yonahime
glabella

finally finished reading this thread! darn you guys move fast :lol:

re: 10 year anniversary, agree that it seems like Phil asked Dan not to mention anything, but i already think they both don't make a much bigger deal out of milestone now... being modest? or they just lazy

re:photo tweet, i'm surprised phil don't make a shock face like he usually did in photo, happily surprised though, i prefer him smiling
random
crusty sponge

Hey everyone! I'm new too. :)

I absolutely love the Geek Week special. Tbh, I think crabstickz was the main reason I loved it and D&P were just a nice bonus. Hahaha.

I remember reading earlier in this thread about how the Impossible Quiz video was prerecorded. It makes me wonder how many videos they've got lined up for the tour. Will we be getting weekly videos soon? Who knows? On a similar note, I wish they were better at spacing out their content. We end up waiting for so long for certain gaming videos *cough* Undertale *cough*, but then when we finally get a video, we end up getting like 4 things back to back. It's a bit frustrating at times.

What do you guys think their content will be like after the bour is over? I mean, like after the ban on spoilers is lifted and the phandom can discuss it freely. Phil's content generally relies on funny incidents that happen to him. The bour must be comedic gold for stuff like that. Can you imagine a video(Maybe even a #spon one) being released right before they release the bour dvd, in which they show small clips of the bour and cute moments? I wonder what Dan will be like after the US leg if he was so exhausted after the UK one.

Sorry for rambling so much!
daphenaxa
blobfish

swofro wrote:Is that the zipper shoes? Because I hate the zipper shoes.
what are you talking about???!!! the zipper shoes are lovely and a blessing for us in Dan's otherwise tragic tastes in shoes. I actually say that as someone who really likes Dan's fashion. But his shoes are a big no usually.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
vincentian
hobbit hair

Don’t have much to say about Dan’s ls except that I was in denial about the end of radioshows since last one, and now Dan saying the word ‘finale’ with high probability of it actually never continuing and reaction of some of you in this thread hit me with reality. I dare Dan&Phil to make the last show epic (equally cringe-y nostalgic and emotional as well as hilarious).
There’s something unique about watching them live on the radio that is missing from their videos and ls, and out of all content they put out radioshows excited me most. In the 2 final seasons the D&P slot of the Internet Takeover felt very much like their own show where Dan H and Phil L personalities are it the spotlight more than #relatable or ‘internet trivia’ aspects. They seemed very cosy, familiar, natural within this format, and watching the choices they were given (some sort of) freedom to make (for music, themes, presenting) was very interesting. But it’s understandable that career pushes them forward. Idk/idc about D&P future career choices (I’m sure they’ll do good) or bbc strategy, but as a viewer I’ll miss radioshow cause it was special.
I second those who admitted that D&P thread is a big reason that kept them in the fandom/hooked. Also amazed at how indepthbants community is flourishing, so lovely to witness this first-hand, here’s to more and eh.. deeper bants.
hyliandeity wrote: Dan will surely need a week of sugar coma / being a cat to recover at the end of the tour. Maybe they'll stay in America (Phil's family owns a house in Florida, has Dan ever stayed there before?), but they might want to go home and re-pack before heading somewhere else.
Prepare for #Phlorida :D

Best from 2015 for me was post-japhan time when they 'came back to life' as youtubers and the general uplifting mood. Loved 2015 radio1 Big weekend videos and pics. And pre-tour/tour materials, interviews, general media exposure. Made me look a D&P from different perspective. Also I was already reading GG when bour was announced, and I was with those who reacted to it whole-heartedly because of the way it was all handled. Bought the book though.
Last edited by vincentian on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
loststars
living flop

Heya guys! Loving the fast-paced discussion, I have to catch up

[offtopic]Just a quick unrelated question, have you ever done a poll about where we all are from? I've seen the giant phandom statistics project, did it include nationalities as well?

Apparently there are quite a few people from Eastern Europe? [/offtopic]
(c)itscomicdans
daphenaxa
blobfish

hyliandeity wrote: Phil's family owns a house in Florida
Do they actually? I thought they were renting each time.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
fakelights
living flop

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
The picture is cute, but I can't get over how weird Phil's hair looks here euuuugh!

Agreed with the people who said that the reason Dan didn't wish him a happy 10 years of YT is because he wanted to keep it on the down low. It would be weird if he recognised everyone making a big deal out of it and not doing anything to celebrate.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

loststars wrote: Apparently there are quite a few people from Eastern Europe?
I see Eastern Europe, I react.

Yes. :)

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

lilMango
morning quiff

Kurapika wrote:I'm glad I live so far away, so I don't even have to consider going to TATINOF, but even if they came here, I don't think paying to travel to the city and the ticket would be worth it.
My obsession with D&P is very weird, because with all the other people I stan, I'd LOVE to meet them, or just see them live. But I really don't feel like this with D&P for some reason.
I relate to this, but in a weird way I almost feel scared/intimidated by the prospect of meeting them. Like I have the chance to meet them this summer at Vidcon but I've debated not even signing up because I'm terrified.... maybe the fact that they're almost a foot taller than me and idk, having them look directly at me instead of through a camera just freaks me out a lil bit
The only youtuber I've met before was Miranda Sings don't judge me I was like 12 and she was less of a clown back then and she was so sweet. Yeah, I was a little weirded out, but I was also with my friend. This time I'll be alone. AGH I'm making myself sound so childish but you have to admit, imagining Dan and Phil both standing directly in front of you and staring at you does sound like nightmare fuel

That being said, I kind of wanna do something EPIC if I meet them so that I'll feel less scared. There's another thread for meeting them and I would love it if you would put some ideas on there, because I think this community is v special and unique and it would be cool if we could make something or have some sort of thing that we do when we take pictures with them idk sorry for rambling bye
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
DryCereal
koi pond

fakelights wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
The picture is cute, but I can't get over how weird Phil's hair looks here euuuugh!
Now you mention it, there's something off about his hairline, especially on his left. Weird angle? Too much damn black (ugh... rehearsal spaces...!) in the picture doing something weird? Headband?! :sideeye:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
gray_walls
dank meme

i think he is wearing some weird black ninja-headband? or am i seeing things
excuse me my broken english
loststars
living flop

Anonymousse wrote:
loststars wrote: Apparently there are quite a few people from Eastern Europe?
I see Eastern Europe, I react.

Yes. :)
:platonic:

[offtopic]Which hard-liquor-drinking country is yours? :D I'm from Bulgaria :) I see a lot of 'Russia this and that' comments on their ls', so it would be interesting to know how many people watch them around these parts.[/offtopic]
(c)itscomicdans
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

is that a weird wig? is phil going to do wig reviews now? amazinglacefront? probably/possibly a headband, yeah
i do love this site how busy it is reminds me of older d&p threads. a nice mix of genuine srs bsns posts and sillier posts and plenty hovering in the middle. i love it
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
hermione
phillion/danosaur <//3

loststars wrote:Heya guys! Loving the fast-paced discussion, I have to catch up

[offtopic]Just a quick unrelated question, have you ever done a poll about where we all are from? I've seen the giant phandom statistics project, did it include nationalities as well?

Apparently there are quite a few people from Eastern Europe? [/offtopic]
Do you (or anyone) have a link to that project? I like stats 8-)
Rigby
lady door

Wow, I had 23 pages to read and I made it just in time to leave for my class! I love you all