Dan & Phil Part 40: We like the cock

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Philena
blobfish

You know the funny part about the creepshot war explanation? Dan posted two of his own pictures. That's not really how a war works, Dan. I just assume they were pics that have always existed in private, they're just cool with sharing now.

Also, I thought it was interesting that Dan admitted that younow were the ones who requested he gather up the youtube heathens. Must be part of the deal to allow them to stream in multiple places.
fancybum
senpai

Phil and Misc Watch 2017
I Kidnapped a Dog (Week 9)

Prompted Phil Mention
16:45 (chat) 'Phil and I' not 'me and Phil’
“Shut up (chat), I’ll be incorrect when I want to”

35:25 (chat) Who usually cooks, you or Phil?
“We take it in turns based on how lazy we are, most decisions are made with rock/paper/scissors. Sometimes we don’t cook at the same time because I might be playing a video game for 10 hours or usually editing a video until like 11pm, or doing a liveshow right now- that happens more often than you’d think."
-does he mean ‘we don’t cook at the same time’ as in: 'we don’t prepare our joint meal together if one of us is busy, but still eat together’ or ‘we only cook/eat together when we’re both not busy/it’s convenient’. Like is it a reaction to all the ‘lol Phil does all the cooking’ stuff? Either giving it a reason or trying to dispel it altogether, I don’t know.

41:10 (chat) Where’s Phil
“Dunno”
Unprompted Phil Mention
03:45 “me and Phil have had an ongoing creepshot war"

30:45 (chat) Dan you liked fan art on tumblr earlier
"Sometimes I don’t read captions, sometimes I’m just like, ’This is a good, well-drawn piece of art, and then I watch it and they’re like, ‘Here’s my drawing of Dan fisting Phil’ and I’m like, 'Okay, I thought we were playing Animal Crossing or something, whoops, I should read that next time'"
-On first watch I thought he sounded annoyed, but on a second look it just seems like a casual comment that basically amounts to 'Stop reading into my tumblr shit: electric boogaloo’ ie. still no hidden meanings or hints in liking fan art, whatever the caption, so keep it in your pants everyone

51:40 “Me and Phil are gonna watch Hamilton when it opens"
“We’re still watching Steven Universe”
(chat) 'Phil and I’
"I’m just gonna keep saying 'me and Phil' to piss you off 'cause you all deserve to go to hell"

56:05 “I am a horror enthusiast, Phil is a horror enthusiast, Marzia, we both love her because she is a horror enthusiast and we have like nerdy conversations about horror movies."
Neutral Phil Mention
01:30 “but I did poke my head into Phil’s stream, so if you wanna see me wrapped up in a blanket like a weirdo, then you can go to LessAmazingPhil and check me out on Phil’s channel”
-promoing Phil again

04:00 “So our neighbours have a dog- a lot of people were saying, 'Dan and Phil you’re not allowed a dog, what’s up with this’”
"we don’t own our apartment, our landlord owns it"

11:45 "everyone we know got sent [a Switch] by Nintendo, so we emailed them [to get one too]"
-whether they got one for free or just bought one like they would have anyway, who cares, all companies give shit away to 'influencers' for free promo, let's all tsk about it because starving children could have eaten them instead

“Good to know Dan and Phil getting rejected forever”

12:30 "[licking cartridges vid is] up there with DanAndPhilCRAFTS"
“It was one of the all time Dan and Phil shitpost uploads, I think, we were like, ‘Why not, it’ll be funny’"
“So thanks to Tomska and all the other people in the world that are so disappointed in me and Phil"

13:30 (chat) The last DanAndPhilGAMES vid was too sexual
“A lot of people were like, 'Dan, Phil, I can’t believe you actually did this’ and a lot of people really gave us that shitposting kudos"
"Some people, though, were like actually upset, it was the funniest thing ever, [comments like] ‘Dan and Phil, I’ve been following your content for years"… “I never thought you’d upload something so shallow and disappointing' and me and Phil were like, ‘What?!’ Who on earth was taking that seriously? Like Me and Phil uploaded the video as a joke"
14:25 “We always get surprised by the diversity of humanity”
-classiest drag of people who are idiots, will use in future. Also would love to see Phil genuinely going 'wtf' over stupid comments

14:50 “Every single one of these mini games was the most unintentionally sexual thing you’ve ever seen” “Me and Phil were like 'really?’"
16:05 “This video is basically just me and Phil being forced to do ridiculous things and it’s very funny”

17:50 “So Phil [fucked up the Switch controller immediately]”

41:10 “The Oscars were good. As you know me and Phil and some pals stayed up the whole night to watch the Oscars. And yes, during that time, Phil actually fell asleep for a bit and I did take a creepshot of him. Phil is— me and Phil are having— I think ever since I exposed him with the cereal thing, it seems like we’re having some kind of public creepshot war that’s not stopping. I feel like it’s just gonna keep escalating, so whether it’s Dan looking like a sad pimp, sleeping on the floor, Phil asleep, or whatever, I think it’s just gonna keep happening. So if you’re liking these candid shaming tweets from me and Phil, don’t feel like they’re gonna stop anytime soon.”

47:20 “me and Phil have got some gaming videos on the way”
"[in the last Sims vid] Phil convinced us, peer-pressured us, to go into” Eliza’s house and fuck shit up

47:50 (chat) Why have you focused on DAPG so much recently
“We haven’t been focusing on it, we’ve just— you know, we’re not on tour or whatever. The thing is, dinof and AmazingPhil videos, we feel like they define us, so we spend a lot more time coming up with ideas, there’s a lot more pressure to be original and creative”

48:05 “Especially dinof, I know I’m way too serious and controlling about [everything] and I just freak out all the time, whereas the gaming videos are like, ‘Just film it’, so it’s not like [DAPG] is taking time away from saying anything else.”
-also no more radio show, so what else do people expect them to be doing exactly

48:30 (chat) Pancake Day
“Yeah, I think Phil told you about that, we ordered pancakes off the internet. Which was bad."

59:25 “There’s lots of new people watching me, thanks if you’ve discovered my dinof videos, our DAPG videos, me in a video on Phil’s channel”
Miscellaneous
09:48 "hot dong-cter” instead of doctor, whoops

10:40 (chat) What’s up with all the ‘stay hydrated’ comments in your vids
11:15 "2017 is a year where we all need to band together and be wholesome and just spread positivity and good advice and something that people don’t do enough is stay hydrated, so I feel like this is a theme that will stay in our videos"

21:15 “‘Meh’ said George- are you the same George?”
-Is it? How’s George doing these days, I've missed him

23:30 “That happened all the time to me as a teenager. I was like, ‘Mum, can I have money to go to this concert?’ and they were like, ’No,’ and I was like 'rip me, have fun all my friends and their posts about it on myspace.'"

23:45 (chat) Have you heard Meghan Trainor’s new song?
“Nope"
-the sheer disinterest/disdain in his voice pleases me, she sucks as a human

25:25 “The golf lifestyle, it's really snobby and gross and I’m sure everyone at a golf club is like the worst kind of person, but I see the appeal."

27:30 Jughead and Betty: “who I ship so hard, honestly
27:50 “Archie’s such a wet sponge. They’re out solving mysteries [and he’s got a HSM kind of storyline] and it’s so stupid! It’s so stupid."
-sounds like the same thing as PLL: main character in her own dumb world while a murder mystery plays out around her and she’s mostly oblivious and busy with her gross statutory love life. isn’t Archie fucking a teacher too? I haven’t watched it yet. anyway. CW is a mess.

28:50 (chat) Apparently they erased Jughead’s asexuality
“Did they? If that’s true, that’s bad. ‘Cause ace people are valid."

32:00 “Wavy hair’s trendy at the moment… and I love not straightening my hair."
-only one half of that sentence actually matters

34:45 "I was gonna make a [dinof] video and then I didn’t, so that kinda ruined my plans."
"I’d like there to be a new dinof video before the next liveshow"

36:30 (chat) What about the rebranding video?
“What? There is no re— honestly, are people still— rebranding is a meme. There is no rebranding. Make it sound so dramatic; everything’s the same, just with more attractive graphic design."
-THIS ANNOYED ME. What the fuck else would he possibly mean by ‘ongoing whatever in my professional life’ if not his name change. And if he read ‘rebranding’ as meaning more than just name change and answered in that way then he’s just being pedantic and irritating when he could have just said it’s about the name change, no big deal. If his video (this or the next, as he seems to have 2 on the go) is still about changing his name, I will literally quit (quit what? idk). Boy, bye.

38:30 “I'll say again: the reason me and Phil don’t know whether we’re going to more conventions is ‘cause we can’t commit to the timings, but we will let you know.”
-shouldn’t they know about SITC by now though, how is 5 months from now so up in the air………… :houseemoticonpleaseforscience:

38:50 "Basically for this Australia thing, we just wanted an excuse to maybe go back to Hong Kong again, not sure”
-it's all just a cover to go get that farfetch'd, finally the truth

40:33 "I feel like wikileaks has some kind of strange right-wing agenda and it’s weird"

50:50 (chat) Dan, any content you make is good content
“Yes, but I need to feel that it’s right. Or maybe I should go see somebody about that, because that’s just not real, and I have some kind of issue.”

52:15 (chat) Dan will you finally embrace your curls?
“No, I’ll never embrace my curls, I think my curly hobbit hair is ugly and I’m gonna straighten my hair forever.”
-was the sarcasm because he’s clearly already doing that and people should shut the fuck up about it?

53:47 (chat) Please don’t straighten your hair
“So many—“
(chat) Embrace the hobbit hair
(mimes shaving his head completely)
-so continue fucking off about it?

52:50 (chat) How do I tell my friends/family I’m a furry
"You know, furries are a joke, but at what point are we going to consider furries just as valid as everything else?"
-so he either regrets joking about furries in the past, or they weren’t jokes to begin with, or other options, I don’t really care to be honest, you do you everyone

54:45 (chat) Do you have future projects or are you going with the flow
“There’s future projects always, but going with the flow for now. I mean, I have dreams. I have fleeting daydreams where I ponder what I want to do with the future.”

1:00:20 (chat) Remember when you called us danosaurs hahaha
“Nope, I don’t. Repressed that, don’t recall that, not familiar with that, that’s in a box under the stairs in my brain in a cupboard and the cupboard’s locked and I live in a different house now."
-same
Phinal Tally: said ‘Phil’ 37 times
Dan mentioning Phil: 37/61 minutes = 0.61 per min.
apathy wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:33:38 - Younow tells Dan to tell people on Youtube to come over to Younow.
This was a weird little moment to me. Originally the tumblr/yt posting seemed like a subtle way around the younow paygate sketchiness, but I don't think they're stupid enough to allow that without knowing what they're doing. It still strikes me as a bit creepy if there's someone just watching their streams to make sure there's enough #spon in there to keep allowing them their freedom.
It's likely automated, Chris does the same thing (begrudgingly invite people from YT to younow with the specific YT viewer amount), just like the prompts to acknowledge the top fans. They're not doing that because it randomly occurs to them, a thing pops up on their screen (though it wouldn't be surprising if a rep did watch Dan/Phil just bc their audiences are huge to make sure everything runs smoothly). Younow is a business just like YT, it's not really creepy that they want to encourage more people onto their site (and also more eyes on younow means more potential revenue for the broadcasters, it's mutually beneficial). We still don't need to pay anything unless we choose to, so I don't see any issue.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Phantasy
woodland creature

SexyTrashCan wrote:Found the rebranding talk at around 36:20 interesting.
If not a rebranding video, what is the video he's putting off?
After building it up so much, I'm so curious as to what it could be! So, if it's not rebranding, what else fits? I'm not holding my breath for a "My coming out story" video, but it certainly could fit (especially if his coming out story is "reasons-why-dans-a-fail-esque").

From the Feb. 21st LS: "I have a very, very cheeky idea for the next danisnotonfire...um, which might be a long time coming—especially for people that watch the... [trails off] I don't know...I don't know if I'm ready. It's a big deal, but also not. And also quite funny. And that's another one if you like cringeing...if you like laughing at my life being turned into a joke, you might enjoy that one. We'll see... maybe it'll be the video after next."

On a total side note, I am all about the curls, if only because now he doesn't touch/fix his damn hair every 2 seconds!
apathy
sad dimple

fancybum wrote:
apathy wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:33:38 - Younow tells Dan to tell people on Youtube to come over to Younow.
This was a weird little moment to me. Originally the tumblr/yt posting seemed like a subtle way around the younow paygate sketchiness, but I don't think they're stupid enough to allow that without knowing what they're doing. It still strikes me as a bit creepy if there's someone just watching their streams to make sure there's enough #spon in there to keep allowing them their freedom.
It's likely automated, Chris does the same thing (begrudgingly invite people from YT to younow with the specific YT viewer amount), just like the prompts to acknowledge the top fans. They're not doing that because it randomly occurs to them, a thing pops up on their screen (though it wouldn't be surprising if a rep did watch Dan/Phil just bc their audiences are huge to make sure everything runs smoothly). Younow is a business just like YT, it's not really creepy that they want to encourage more people onto their site (and also more eyes on younow means more potential revenue for the broadcasters, it's mutually beneficial). We still don't need to pay anything unless we choose to, so I don't see any issue.
Didn't really mean it as a problem/issue, I know they're out to make money on both sides. It just makes me wonder how much the reminders are a suggestion vs an obligation. It's the type of thing that Dan traditionally hated doing, even back when it was just telling people to sign in and "become a fan", long before the premium message stuff, but he seems quite comfortable with it now. I'm sure they have a good deal going with it, which is also fine. It's just my mental image of it seems to involve someone standing behind a curtain making sure that the promo quota being met looks a bit shadier than what reality probably is. Imagination is fun that way.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
fancybum
senpai

apathy wrote: Didn't really mean it as a problem/issue, I know they're out to make money on both sides. It just makes me wonder how much the reminders are a suggestion vs an obligation. It's the type of thing that Dan traditionally hated doing, even back when it was just telling people to sign in and "become a fan", long before the premium message stuff, but he seems quite comfortable with it now. I'm sure they have a good deal going with it, which is also fine. It's just my mental image of it seems to involve someone standing behind a curtain making sure that the promo quota being met looks a bit shadier than what reality probably is. Imagination is fun that way.
Ohh I get you. Honestly I would kind of love to see the broadcaster side of things and what they agree to/earnings/etc. Because Chris always seems out of the loop on how things work with bars and everything, and sort of half-asses the 'come over from YT' part (saying they don't have to bother), but he still does it, so yeah does he do it because 'why not' or because he has to fulfill certain requirements to receive earnings (and like.. how strict are they with it if you forget or something. he even said they heavily suggested he should do at least 1 hour shows vs. the half hour ones he started with and he listened)... Can somebody here become a moderately successful younow broadcaster and anonymously fill in these blanks? I'll send you bars and everything. (how does that work if you're anonymous? shhh, logic has no place here)
uglyamerican
woodland creature

I haven't had the opportunity to watch the ls yet, but I need to reiterate that I dig Dan's personality - he has his faults, but so does everyone else. He's like a friend: you can overlook their foibles, and even tease them about them. You don't always have to agree, and you can argue over serious shit like politics, and bullshit like music. But in the end, you still are connected at some level (admittedly, it's only one-way relationship for the most part, but I think we all get that.) BTW, I *might* be that smartass commenting in the back of the room.

Re: YouNow. I think that YouNow pays them a flat (fee) for regular liveshows, and they get a cut of the money paid by fans to get noticed - hence the shout-outs to encourage fans to pay up / buy more. This is why YouNow wants the viewers to be on their site - not that there's anything wrong with that. IMO, YouNow has to up their game technically: it doesn't stream nearly as well as a YouTube ls, and for me, the video is fairly low res/fuzzy (and so are the recorded versions on YT - which annoys the fuck out of me.)
human
dan hand trash

flurry wrote:Dan's left hand forgive me for my presumptions but I think you're taking this replies too seriously! It's in the same tone as most of his Internet stuff which is slightly snarky but also casual and friendly in the Dan way.
It ain't that deep bruhhhh. Poor Dan, I really feel for him the way people beat on him sometimes. Nobody has to like everyone but picking apart why he's a douche in detail is gross and I'm getting fed up of reading it here. Don't like him? Don't watch. Simple. Get a new hobby people lol.

I'm so bored of the rebranding stuff, I'm glad he is too and has no plans to make a video. I can't even believe some people think it's such a huge thing. It's always been a meme.

We're still waiting for that story on the train though lol, although I think the girl already told it on twitter but it was pretty funny. I'd have loved to hear his version of it.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

Thanks Phil
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

human wrote:
flurry wrote:Dan's left hand forgive me for my presumptions but I think you're taking this replies too seriously! It's in the same tone as most of his Internet stuff which is slightly snarky but also casual and friendly in the Dan way.
It ain't that deep bruhhhh. Poor Dan, I really feel for him the way people beat on him sometimes. Nobody has to like everyone but picking apart why he's a douche in detail is gross and I'm getting fed up of reading it here. Don't like him? Don't watch. Simple. Get a new hobby people lol.

I'm so bored of the rebranding stuff, I'm glad he is too and has no plans to make a video. I can't even believe some people think it's such a huge thing. It's always been a meme.

We're still waiting for that story on the train though lol, although I think the girl already told it on twitter but it was pretty funny. I'd have loved to hear his version of it.
i never said i disliked dan or anything like that. dan means a lot to me. his videos got me through a lot from age 12 and onwards. i've been there with him since the dailybooth days. i have met him twice in real life, he's always been so sweet and lovely the two times i met him. the first time i met him he pleaded with security to allow me some extra pictures which was so sweet of him because he could've just said no and made me leave.

i have just been overly worried lately that his personality is changing a bit which i felt was hard for me to accept. i was also quite anxious as a few girls on tumblr told me he seemed really rude to me in the messages (i never thought this at the time, i thought he was being jokey and funny) but now i come to realise they may have been trying to ruin the messages for me out of jealousy and making me feel like that over the messages because of jealousy.

please don't think i hate dan or dislike him at all. i just felt his personality seemed a bit different to me lately.

8 years is a long time, i have never stuck with any celebrity / youtuber this long. i'll probably never dislike dan or phil now. it's been too long

i think after what those girls from tumblr said to me about the messages, it's played on my mind a bit and i might've been thinking that he's different when he isn't.

damn these posts i've made have made me feel really immature and overly emotional im v embarrassed hahaha

i feel different about everything today, i mean you've all put my mind at rest about it anyway so thanks :platonic:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Of course it's a gif of Buffy ;) Cute, Phil.

It's good to hear the highlights of Dan's liveshow through the timestamps, thanks, fancybum :thumb: I was watching, but also lying down and really tired so by the end I was asleep. I missed most of the second half. What I did hear at the time sounded all right, though he does seem to be backtracking on a few things, or insulting us for caring eg rebranding cos yeah, what else was that about? Was it always just a joke? I missed that memo, then.

Also no one deserves to go to hell and furries are a thing some people are into (art and cosplay in my experience anyway), not a joke. Annoys me when he makes sweeping statements like that. I think we can still watch him while also not loving everything he says, though. Interesting how he is still quite sweet but there's this machismo maybe getting in the way sometimes.

Confused about where he actually stands on his hair tbh. I'd be happy for him to straighten it again, it is looking messy sometimes now it's longer, but if he hasn't brushed it before a liveshow, maybe that's just how it is by the end of the day (or even with brushing, he has said it's a mess).

The bit about tags in fanart on tumblr was hilarious. How does any NSFW look like cute fluff when it isn't? Funny example, though.

It's good to hear his take on all the gaming videos vs taking more time over their main channel ones, we suspected as much. I watch the last ten minutes this morning and loved his parting shot "you're all good dogs". Yes, we are, thank you, Dan That made my morning.
loststars
living flop

(Hi, haven't followed the discussion for like months, so my excuses if it was discussed)

What's up with their regular uploads? What the heck, ever since December they've posted more videos than the last 1000 years combined? :wtf: How has Dan managed to overcome his perfectionism so many times?????? Saving up for a new place/whatever maybe? :?
(c)itscomicdans
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

loststars wrote:(Hi, haven't followed the discussion for like months, so my excuses if it was discussed)

What's up with their regular uploads? What the heck, ever since December they've posted more videos than the last 1000 years combined? :wtf: How has Dan managed to overcome his perfectionism so many times?????? Saving up for a new place/whatever maybe? :?
My best guess would simply be that they have more time now. A significant portion of last year was taken up by being on tour, which made it difficult for them to upload frequently. As Dan said in the liveshow, that's over now so they're home a lot and able to film. That, plus the success of gamingmas must surely have encouraged them to keep up with frequent uploads. And I'm sure the monetary incentive doesn't hurt either, it's definitely possible they're saving up for something. Or maybe I'm not being cynical enough and they're actually just buttering us up in preparation for some future project that will lessen their ability to frequently upload videos haha
fancybum
senpai

flarequake wrote:What I did hear at the time sounded all right, though he does seem to be backtracking on a few things, or insulting us for caring eg rebranding cos yeah, what else was that about? Was it always just a joke? I missed that memo, then.
Seriously. A video on a name change is all it sounds like he's been thinking about, where is that reaction coming from? Exhibit A:
Feb 14 - 44:50 (chat) Any ideas for new danisnotonfire video?
“Yes! I have an idea of what my next one will be, I don’t know... I’m trying to get something organized so I can do something and be like, ‘Pow! Here’s a video’ and I think it’ll be funny. If you’ve heard me moaning about some things that’s been an ongoing issue in my professional life, you might have an idea, which could be quite funny. I’m deciding whether to name it something which I think is hilarious”

Feb 21 - 8:30 “I have a very cheeky idea for the next dinof video”
“I don’t know if I’m ready, it’s a big deal, and also not, and also quite funny”
“If you like laughing at my life turned into a joke, you might enjoy that one. We’ll see, maybe it’ll be the video after the next”
(..I have no more exhibits)

The only other thing I can think of as "an ongoing issue in his professional life" is like... crippling perfectionism/procrastination due to it. That sounds like an odd way of discussing it though (also.. he's already basically done that?). Literally what else is an ongoing issue that he's ever moaned about. Daniel. I'd like to hear his reaction to people thinking he's working on a coming out video based on his comments above. Like?? Rebranding/name-change seems the most rational conclusion, but ok dinof.
captainspacecoat wrote:
loststars wrote:(Hi, haven't followed the discussion for like months, so my excuses if it was discussed)

My best guess would simply be that they have more time now. A significant portion of last year was taken up by being on tour, which made it difficult for them to upload frequently. As Dan said in the liveshow, that's over now so they're home a lot and able to film. That, plus the success of gamingmas must surely have encouraged them to keep up with frequent uploads. And I'm sure the monetary incentive doesn't hurt either, it's definitely possible they're saving up for something.
All of that, plus this is literally their only job now. The monetary incentive is literally that this is their income now, no more tab/tinof, no more Radio 1. He said no secret/surprise projects this year (I don't trust them though ), so for the first time in a looong time, YT is their actual focus.
captainspacecoat wrote:Or maybe I'm not being cynical enough and they're actually just buttering us up in preparation for some future project that will lessen their ability to frequently upload videos haha
That would be so cruel, like giving somebody more heroin right before cutting them off. My poor heart won't be able to take it.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

captainspacecoat wrote:

My best guess would simply be that they have more time now. A significant portion of last year was taken up by being on tour, which made it difficult for them to upload frequently. As Dan said in the liveshow, that's over now so they're home a lot and able to film. That, plus the success of gamingmas must surely have encouraged them to keep up with frequent uploads. And I'm sure the monetary incentive doesn't hurt either, it's definitely possible they're saving up for something. Or maybe I'm not being cynical enough and they're actually just buttering us up in preparation for some future project that will lessen their ability to frequently upload videos haha
I don't think there's any reason for that other than the bolded part. When they started out, YouTube wasn't their job and it was also very different back then. At one point they started the radio show, then they began to write their book and plan their tour. Plus rehearsals, the actual performance and a lot of travelling. I think if the radio show, the book and/or the tour hadn't been a thing, they would have uploaded more videos as well.

Now is the first time that they are very popular AND have no other thing to do aside from YouTube (as far as we know). So of course they are focusing on YouTube now. They have the time and also no excuse not to. If they kept their old uploading schedule without any side project, then I am pretty sure a lot of fans would get bored. With the radio show and the book and the tour, there was still other content out there that their fans had access to. But now they only appear on YouTube, so they have to increase their uploads to stay relevant.

And they also just seem to have fun doing it
pulvis et umbra sumus
human
dan hand trash

dans left hand wrote:i never said i disliked dan or anything like that. dan means a lot to me. his videos got me through a lot from age 12 and onwards. i've been there with him since the dailybooth days. i have met him twice in real life, he's always been so sweet and lovely the two times i met him. the first time i met him he pleaded with security to allow me some extra pictures which was so sweet of him because he could've just said no and made me leave.
Sounds like a pretty nice guy to me? I'd rather judge someone on their actions than the ambivalent tone of a few messages they may have sent online tbh (not that I'm convinced Dan would waste his time on this weird quiz site, it's possible the account has been hacked, faked or recreated so I'd still take it with a pinch of salt; it's very unlikely to have been him imo).

Awwwwwwww Phil. I saw his retweet and it made me smile
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Cornelia just posted this on Instagram:
And I had a thought/sudden realization. What if IRL Digital (or just the Dan and Phil team as a whole) are getting an office? That would explain Martyn's last insta about testing sound-proofing. It would also explain "life changes" and help avoid any awkward bedroom explanations if they're filming in an office once they've moved house.

The background of her insta definitely makes this look like the case and it's all starting to add up all of the sudden.

Am I nuts, y'all?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote:Cornelia just posted this on Instagram:
And I had a thought/sudden realization. What if IRL Digital (or just the Dan and Phil team as a whole) are getting an office? That would explain Martyn's last insta about testing sound-proofing. It would also explain "life changes" and help avoid any awkward bedroom explanations if they're filming in an office once they've moved house.

The background of her insta definitely makes this look like the case and it's all starting to add up all of the sudden.

Am I nuts, y'all?
Oooh. That definitely looks like an office. And lbr, based on the financial figures recently made available for the first half of the tour - they made enough bank to be able to invest in it.

Though if I think Dan and Phil would travel there to film... I mean, in theory, it solves a lot of trouble, but also it's hard for me to see them being motivated to travel every time they wanted to film?
majitzu
angel bean

I don't think that is probable, I'm sure they prefer to film in their house than to move to another place to film. Maybe they would use that place, but not for the AP, DINOF, DAPG videos

Edit: I agree with you in the this is a new office or something like tho
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote:
rizzo wrote:Cornelia just posted this on Instagram:

Am I nuts, y'all?
Oooh. That definitely looks like an office. And lbr, based on the financial figures recently made available for the first half of the tour - they made enough bank to be able to invest in it.

Though if I think Dan and Phil would travel there to film... I mean, in theory, it solves a lot of trouble, but also it's hard for me to see them being motivated to travel every time they wanted to film?
Definitely didn't consider the money IRL made, but you're right. Esp given that that's pre-tour, it's pretty easy to assume they'd want a proper workspace at this point.

Agreed with you and majitzu, on the other point too now that I think about it more. They film in pajama pants or none at all. The concept of them traveling to an office seems rough. I guess I was just trying to find a reason why sound-proofing would be important to Martyn.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Meh studio filming doesn't suit either of their video formats and they've never seemed interested in using the studios at the YouTube Space either. Plus, they're lazy people who just wanna film some shit in pajamas :') I think it's just a thing for IRL Digital.. they already handle merch for Carrie and Chris and I'm guessing they want to expand further so an office is the next logical step.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
papierklemmen
flower crown

meh i don't see anything improbably about them travelling to the office, they used to travel for their radio show, then tatinof rehearsals, even for someone who likes being at home it's nice to have a reason to leave the house especially if you don't have to deal with bosses and time schedules. a lot of youtubers get offices and they say that it helps them separate their personal life and work and that way they can relax more easily at home. but it's indeed probably just the irl office, since i guess that's where all the business stuff is happening anyway. who knows.
the "audience is attached to this apartment" mention is kind of equally appliable to both "moving to a different house" and "moving to an office" situations.
koalaselfie
living flop

Haven't posted in literally decades (sorry for doing-a-dan and exaggerating, lol) but has the possibility of Dan's anticipated next dinof video being about his "furry"...persuasion, not been suggested here? :D
It fits so well with his description from the liveshow (quoted here from Phantasy):
From the Feb. 21st LS: "I have a very, very cheeky idea for the next danisnotonfire...um, which might be a long time coming—especially for people that watch the... [trails off] I don't know...I don't know if I'm ready. It's a big deal, but also not. And also quite funny. And that's another one if you like cringeing...if you like laughing at my life being turned into a joke, you might enjoy that one. We'll see... maybe it'll be the video after next."
I guess the liveshow yesterday when Dan talked about furries being considered a "joke" and wondering why they weren't accepted as much as other identities just got me thinking :D

Also, [10 years too late] loved the Switch gaming video!
I do quite like that Phil won
The zoom in on Dan "milking" with his comment: "This is my lowest point on YouTube" made me legitimately laugh out loud
I also found that Dan looked extremely attractive in this video (I love that plain black jumper; my taste is so similar to his haha), as well as SO bloody tall, boy's almost reaching the stratosphere lately Also, his shaved-sides-curly-on-top hair, ughh!

~Enough objectifying haha~ Also appreciate Dan's open validation of ace people in yesterday's liveshow. What a nice role model he can be! And I found the liveshow's tone average: he didn't seem too moody, didn't seem overly content. It's not one that's gonna go down in my liveshow-fave-history-books, at any rate. There's certainly been liveshows in the past where he was so blunt or arrogant that I almost stopped watching him (~so dramatic) but this definitely wasn't one of them, imho.
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

koalaselfie wrote:Haven't posted in literally decades (sorry for doing-a-dan and exaggerating, lol) but has the possibility of Dan's anticipated next dinof video being about his "furry"...persuasion, not been suggested here? :D
It fits so well with his description from the liveshow (quoted here from Phantasy):
I guess the liveshow yesterday when Dan talked about furries being considered a "joke" and wondering why they weren't accepted as much as other identities just got me thinking :D
I would actually love that, honestly. I don't have any particular attachment to Dan being a furry but it does bother me when anyone's interest is mocked on a large scale and furries definitely suffer from that kind of stigma. Though it would be hilarious if Dan officially 'came out' as a furry before ever officially coming out as anything else.

(But that said, I don't see him being willing to put that much attention on himself or his... interests. I'm thinking it's still the name video, he just got cold feet and decided it wasn't the right time.)
000dia000
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote:
koalaselfie wrote:Haven't posted in literally decades (sorry for doing-a-dan and exaggerating, lol) but has the possibility of Dan's anticipated next dinof video being about his "furry"...persuasion, not been suggested here? :D
I would actually love that, honestly. I don't have any particular attachment to Dan being a furry but it does bother me when anyone's interest is mocked on a large scale and furries definitely suffer from that kind of stigma. Though it would be hilarious if Dan officially 'came out' as a furry before ever officially coming out as anything else.

(But that said, I don't see him being willing to put that much attention on himself or his... interests. I'm thinking it's still the name video, he just got cold feet and decided it wasn't the right time.)
A small part of me actually wants Dan to do a furry video, just to spite people who keep insisting it's just a joke While a lot of his statements (existentialism, death, etc, etc) have been put down just as Dan's humour, I'm not sure he's completely dismissed the furry part of himself? (correct me if I'm wrong about that).

I'm genuinely interested in what this video will be about, as it is a video that has "been a long time coming" I wonder if it is something personal about himself, his channel, or his branding? While he pretty much dismissed the idea of changing dinof, that kind of narrows down a lot of the possibilities of this video to somewhat more personal. What do you guys think this could be?
I'm purely speculating now, this isn't based on anything entirely likely, but Dan can be a surprising person and break out of his shell and say/do something abrupt so I wouldn't completely dismiss anything that seems taboo. Maybe he WILL do a video about furries? Maybe he'll do a video about Kanye and his stanning/unstanning? Maybe something completely unexpected and release lost gems like the Vegas video or the Cake fic? What if he was to delve into the personal part of himself he has never shared with his audience? Maybe an insecurity, issues of the past, maybe even his sexuality? While I never imagine Dan doing a "Coming Out" video, I could see him discussing this part of himself casually, to make a point about something. What if he addressed phan once and for all, or did a complete anti-phan thing lmao. Or maybe we should just lower our expectations, it will be Internet Support Group 9.
:cactus:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

000dia000 wrote: Or maybe we should just lower our expectations, it will be Internet Support Group 9.
lmfao I agree with your entire post but this is the too real part of it.