Dan & Phil Part 40: We like the cock

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote:
000dia000 wrote: Or maybe we should just lower our expectations, it will be Internet Support Group 9.
lmfao I agree with your entire post but this is the too real part of it.
This was basically my assumption the minute he said he changed his video idea. He said he had done half the work (checked the ISG email for questions) and just needed to do the other half and film (answer them).

So, agreed, here's the new motto:

SexyTrashCan
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

I don't know, I don't think the description for his new video matches up with what a coming out video would be but hey it's Dan so who knows as said before maybe he would do it in a "Reasons why Dan's a fail" context. I'm open to the opinion that it's a furry video though. I'm riding on the high of my expectations and ready for Dan to crush my dreams. :D
Thanks Dan
:D
human
dan hand trash

alittledizzy wrote:
000dia000 wrote: Or maybe we should just lower our expectations, it will be Internet Support Group 9.
Hahaha the more I read this, the more I think this is correct lol. Damn haha.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

I just caught up on #Wavydan's latest liveshow - I thought it was nice and relaxing: I didn't sense any overt condescension on Dan's part towards his audience. He seemed like his normal self.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

captainspacecoat wrote: Thanks Phil
SexyTrashCan wrote: Thanks Dan
I'm happy they both tweeted about this. :D
hopinglester
banned

I'm quite confused about the discussion on Dan's future video. I came out of the liveshow with the idea that the 'important' video that Dan had been referring to was indeed the 'killing dinof' one but that he had changed his mind and decided to not do it, and so he was just going to do another random video next (isg/fails/other). But I've realised that a lot of people are talking about the new video as if it's the one dan has talked about being important and stuff (and that we thought was the dinof rebranding one). So, did Dan mention in this liveshow that his next video would be the important one? Sorry, I'm really confused.
blueapple_x
flower crown

When Dan said there was no rebranding happening, I think he might've been referring to his channel content, not his username. Maybe he doesn't see any potential name changes as "rebranding" as his content would still be the same type of videos. He called everyone dramatic as "everything is the same" and people have been going on and on about him rebranding every time he does/says something slightly unexpected. He probably just got annoyed with that. So yeah, I think it's still possible he could make a video about the dinof name--whether or not he's going to change it or just complain about how the media perceives it remains to be seen (although seems like he's postponing it to film another vid).
Last edited by blueapple_x on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swofro
angel bean

human wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
Hahaha the more I read this, the more I think this is correct lol. Damn haha.
I was enjoying reading your theory dia, then you proceed to pull the rug under my feet with this final line. :sadpepe:
Love is forever
SquishPhan
capita£ester

dianapml wrote:I'm quite confused about the discussion on Dan's future video. I came out of the liveshow with the idea that the 'important' video that Dan had been referring to was indeed the 'killing dinof' one but that he had changed his mind and decided to not do it, and so he was just going to do another random video next (isg/fails/other). But I've realised that a lot of people are talking about the new video as if it's the one dan has talked about being important and stuff (and that we thought was the dinof rebranding one). So, did Dan mention in this liveshow that his next video would be the important one? Sorry, I'm really confused.
I'm pretty sure that you are right. The next dinof vid we'll get is not the important video he talked about, but something else instead. At least that is what I thought he was talking about in his live show.
misakichan274
delia smith
Pronouns: she/they

blueapple_x wrote:When Dan said there was no rebranding happening, I think he might've been referring to his channel content, not his username. Maybe he doesn't see any potential name changes as "rebranding" as his content would still be the same type of videos. He called everyone dramatic as "everything is the same" and people have been going on and on about him rebranding every time he does/says something slightly unexpected. He probably just got annoyed with that. So yeah, I think it's still possible he could make a video about the dinof name--whether or not he's going to change it or just complain about how the media perceives it remains to be seen (although seems like he's postponing it to film another vid).
Thats exactly what I thought. Well we'll know soon enough, they always manage to surprise us in some way or another
JoeAverage
sad dimple

First of all liveshow:

happy AF that the ace community was mentioned! thank u Danny.

∆ So did u go to a ton of concerts or not Daniel? PLS make up your mind.

∆ I live for deppy with Marzia, live for it!, one day Phil and Marzia are gonna make a video of them talking about scary books/movies and my life will be completed.

∆ more pictures of Phil sleeping thankz.
alittledizzy wrote: (I'm thinking it's still the name video, he just got cold feet and decided it wasn't the right time.)
I think the exact same thing, everything he has done so far is embedded with his YouTube name, just letting it go is harder than what it looks like, yeah it's true that some youtubers did it fast & easy, nothing changed (like Marzia changing from cutiepiemarzia to just Marzia), but for people like Dan that always second-guess themselves and think about their 'legacy' etc, this is a big change, he is also impulsive AF so maybe that's why mentioned it but failed to pull off.
Phil Lester is a genius
lishachi
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote:
rizzo wrote:Cornelia just posted this on Instagram:
And I had a thought/sudden realization. What if IRL Digital (or just the Dan and Phil team as a whole) are getting an office? That would explain Martyn's last insta about testing sound-proofing. It would also explain "life changes" and help avoid any awkward bedroom explanations if they're filming in an office once they've moved house.

The background of her insta definitely makes this look like the case and it's all starting to add up all of the sudden.

Am I nuts, y'all?
Oooh. That definitely looks like an office. And lbr, based on the financial figures recently made available for the first half of the tour - they made enough bank to be able to invest in it.

Though if I think Dan and Phil would travel there to film... I mean, in theory, it solves a lot of trouble, but also it's hard for me to see them being motivated to travel every time they wanted to film?
apologise if this makes me seem nosy but financial figures? are they public? id be interested to see them :thumb: (analytical stuff is interesting to me and im procrastinating from writing my essay pls save me)

edit: good christ i had a little google and im not sure how accurate this certain website is. also idk if its the same one you were on about alittledizzy. (i assume i wouldnt be allowed to post here? it is all public, though)
:biflag: :blackheart:
dontpanic
#relatable

lishachi wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
And I had a thought/sudden realization. What if IRL Digital (or just the Dan and Phil team as a whole) are getting an office? That would explain Martyn's last insta about testing sound-proofing. It would also explain "life changes" and help avoid any awkward bedroom explanations if they're filming in an office once they've moved house.

The background of her insta definitely makes this look like the case and it's all starting to add up all of the sudden.

Am I nuts, y'all?
Oooh. That definitely looks like an office. And lbr, based on the financial figures recently made available for the first half of the tour - they made enough bank to be able to invest in it.

Though if I think Dan and Phil would travel there to film... I mean, in theory, it solves a lot of trouble, but also it's hard for me to see them being motivated to travel every time they wanted to film?
apologise if this makes me seem nosy but financial figures? are they public? id be interested to see them :thumb: (analytical stuff is interesting to me and im procrastinating from writing my essay pls save me)

edit: good christ i had a little google and im not sure how accurate this certain website is. also idk if its the same one you were on about alittledizzy. (i assume i wouldnt be allowed to post here? it is all public, though)
the site is a .gov.uk is that the one you found? I ain't a mod but I wouldn't link the info directly b/c it's easy to stumble across their address there.

I was wondering why dan phil and martyn all have equal shares in the company ? I guess I don't understand the company as a whole though. what role does Deppy have in the company, are they the financial backers and martyn runs it?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

dontpanic wrote: the site is a .gov.uk is that the one you found? I ain't a mod but I wouldn't link the info directly b/c it's easy to stumble across their address there.

I was wondering why dan phil and martyn all have equal shares in the company ? I guess I don't understand the company as a whole though. what role does Deppy have in the company, are they the financial backers and martyn runs it?
The three-way division seems fair to me. Martyn may do 99% of the work, but it's Deppy's brand and likenesses that are the product.

What I thought interesting in snooping the public docs :shame: is that they each own a third of the company, and major decisions only need a majority vote. So any two of them could out-vote the other. I suppose if straits became so dire that they didn't all agree on something, it wouldn't really matter which two ganged up on the third :wahh:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
malday
emo goose

yes! i was hopping they would play this!
swofro
angel bean

dontpanic wrote:
lishachi wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:

Am I nuts, y'all?

the site is a .gov.uk is that the one you found? I ain't a mod but I wouldn't link the info directly b/c it's easy to stumble across their address there.

From my shallow understanding in how company works, they're equal shareholder, which means they have equal say on what to do with irl, nobody is above the other. Their roles are different though, Deppy are directors (although I sometimes think they are just silent partner. Idk, I only learn basic corporate law in high school) while Martyn is manager who manage everything.
Love is forever
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

I lOVED this game so much!! Had seen other people playing it and had wondered how dnp would do, was not disappointed!!!! They did so well communicating, it's easy to not do that properly but their mindconnection really served them well!
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
Laney
drama llama

malday wrote: yes! i was hopping they would play this!
I'm not done watching the video but I just have to say Phil looks amazing in that black lion guard hoodie, it contrasts so much with his skin and accentuates his eyes and hair, ok I'm done now lol
gnostic
stress mushroom

...finally my degree is gonna be relevant in my stanning brb
Just here for the marketing skills
lishachi
eclipse shirt

swofro wrote:
dontpanic wrote:
lishachi wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:

Am I nuts, y'all?

From my shallow understanding in how company works, they're equal shareholder, which means they have equal say on what to do with irl, nobody is above the other. Their roles are different though, Deppy are directors (although I sometimes think they are just silent partner. Idk, I only learn basic corporate law in high school) while Martyn is manager who manage everything.
it wasn't a .gov.uk one no and the website i was on didnt have their personal info like address etc, but it had like their 'business name' like dan howell ltd kinda thing with how much money they have? which was very weird

this was so good. also, when they changed positions did they look more attractive to any one else? just me? just lighting? ok (also phil in black is always good )
:biflag: :blackheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Well, this is fun. Did get pretty tense with all those options and describing the symbols. Trust Dan to pull a cheeky shenanigan, naughty pup Phil looks hot af in black yet again, Dan's hair still looks lovely too. I love the comment about their neediness serving them well, that's cute.
swofro
angel bean

(sorry for posting consecutively in short time, I am having difficulty to sleep)

That is such a good video! I really like this because it is a Dan and Phil teaming up to win something. Exactly my cup of tea.

It is also my first time watching people play this game, which makes it more exciting. When I see those squiggly symbols on that buttons, I knew we are going to get good scenes of understanding each other in a weird way. Idk how to explain this but I love it.

Also Phil in black and Dan in white is my aesthetic.

And Phil with hoodie up at the end. Hello.
Love is forever
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Was I just lucky or were there no ads on this? :wtf:

I definitely didn't expect a video today! And especially not one where they work together, those are always gems. I loved that they weren't bad for once Of course Phil called that one thing an alien, but I think he did describe them very well (or it turns out I'm also an out of the box thinker...). Tbh, I did not see that one symbol as two ks until Dan said it either.

I really hope they play more games like this
swofro wrote:And Phil with hoodie up at the end. Hello.
I agree
pulvis et umbra sumus
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

nephilimcat wrote:
Was I just lucky or were there no ads on this? :wtf:
You were just lucky. I must have got your share of the ads, seeing as I got 'welcome to the amazing book is not on fire, wait should that be the amazing audio".....skip THREE times.

Loved the video, loved the tension, loved Phil's little look at 12:41 that I rewatched about 10x. 10/10 would definitely recommend and yes I have been bugging my other half to play it since watching. Nice one Deps.

just for pure shallowness, I am loving Dans hair with the ultra shaved sides and yes phil in a black hoodie.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
iero
phabergé

i wasn't expecting a video today. god bless their 2017 dapg upload schedule.

i've been hoping they'd play this game, i'm so happy that they did!! i love seeing them work together. it's funny seeing them play under pressure of the timer, even though there was not as much time for bants it was still v entertaining!! more games like this pls, i'd love to see them continue this too

hope the next upload is golf