Dan & Phil Part 40: We like the cock

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple
Pronouns: she/her

Hi guys! I decided to stop lurking and finally start posting on this forum.

On the topic of Phil's new video: I thought it was really adorable. I'm still not sure what the prop he was waiting for was nor am I sure about what the dove emoji had to do with anything but... It was cute so it's okay

On the topic of Shane's video: Ew. Just... ew. I hope that it doesn't get back to Dan or Phil but chances are it will. I'm just really glad that he didn't mention certain other things from 2009. Guess we have to count our blessings.
I am always on Phil Lester's side
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:Hi guys! I decided to stop lurking and finally start posting on this forum.

On the topic of Phil's new video: I thought it was really adorable. I'm still not sure what the prop he was waiting for was nor am I sure about what the dove emoji had to do with anything but... It was cute so it's okay

On the topic of Shane's video: Ew. Just... ew. I hope that it doesn't get back to Dan or Phil but chances are it will. I'm just really glad that he didn't mention certain other things from 2009. Guess we have to count our blessings.
Welcome !
The only prop I can think of is the... tire? The bird had to do with his top though
:D
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Also want to mention that I loved the editing, plus I always enjoy seeing Phil dress up as different people.

Also liked him just casually mentioning how perfect and hunky the personal trainer was.

But yeah I'm still confused about the prop that he said he was waiting on. I can't really think of what that may have been.
Moony
sofa crease

gawd, i am so happy shane didn't went any further than this, even though it's still pretty stupid!
he could have caused so much drama if he bothered to make more research though :wtf:

i liked phil's video a lot, his timing is great this has been one of the most exhausting days in my entire life, kill me ajkdfkdsjljfla

I also was afraid is was going to be more gross than it actually was!
And I am glad that he managed to not puke on the guy... Speaking of which, what kind of customer service is that? "yes hello I like to have a light exercise plan..." "NO THAT'S BORING"
???? ?! who actually does that, this is like a cook would say "you can't have that meal because i dislike making it" :? what the hell
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

SquishPhan wrote:Also want to mention that I loved the editing, plus I always enjoy seeing Phil dress up as different people.

Also liked him just casually mentioning how perfect and hunky the personal trainer was.

But yeah I'm still confused about the prop that he said he was waiting on. I can't really think of what that may have been.
I'm guessing that the prop is the hunky trainer's abs.

Also, :welcome: moaninglisa and /fɪl lɛstɚ/!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I can't say vomit stories are exactly my favorite, but Phil talking about attractive men and casually inserting Dan into stories that Dan doesn't actually need to be in is totally my thing. So I enjoyed it anyway and I'm glad Phil can cope with embarrassing incidents by monetizing them sharing them with the world.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

TIL our usernames can be in IPA. Welcome /fɪl lɛstɚ/!

Shane is a shameless attention whore. In other news, water is wet, fire is hot, etc.

Phil's video! I love his anecdotes, and his description (and portrayal) of Leon was great. I don't blame him for not going back, I would be mortified, but at least he didn't actually puke on the guy. All things considered, Phil can probably take comfort in the fact that "pale guy disappearing mid-workout" is probably not even in the top 10 weirdest things that trainer has seen.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Ngl for a second I thought it was going to be an "I shit my pants!!!??" story

I think the prop he was waiting for may be the dumbbell.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

blueapple_x wrote:Ngl for a second I thought it was going to be an "I shit my pants!!!??" story

oh my god i read the first part and i cackled

but yeah good video from phil! casually inserting 'hunky' man in there and dan ;p sneaky. i don't usually like videos on vomit mentions at all but since it was phil i could live with it lol.
:transheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

For a moment at the beginning I thought it was gonna go there too. Poor man, still not a pleasant result, that trainer should have listened and not had a new non-athletic person like Phil chucking a tire around two seconds in. Treadmill at high speed and high incline too, not good. Maybe Phil can find a nice park to do some gentle jogging in. He did play Leon brilliantly, though. +1 vote for the trainer's abs being the prop. Love the bird jumper. Good hint at that throwing everyone off the scent and on to weddings ;)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

LeftHandedism wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:Also want to mention that I loved the editing, plus I always enjoy seeing Phil dress up as different people.

I think that the trainer's abs are from the apron that they have used a few times now.
blueapple_x wrote:Ngl for a second I thought it was going to be an "I shit my pants!!!??" story

I thought that as well.

And the prop could very well the the dumbbell indeed.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

lmao after all of that the dove emoji was just referring to the jumper he was wearing wasn't it? :')

That was good, I enjoyed it despite the gross bit. Honestly when he mentioned food being significant in the story I thought about food poisoning and explosive diarrhea so this wasn't quite as bad? Maybe? I dunno :') But it seems like I wasn't alone in that thought Yay for the casual mentions about the muscle stud trainer being attractive. :thumb: I can see why it took longer to upload than the average AP video as there was a lot more editing work in this.

What kind of gym did he sign up at tho.. Just go to one of those that all the bored housewives go to Philly, that's more your style :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

Yay, characters, great video! up until the gaming channel promo, why Phil why :facepalm: I once legit threw up in my mouth while I was very hungover and preparing to give a lecture to children (not a role model), I think it was the worst bodily experience in my life, poor Phil

/fɪl lɛstɚ/, great username! :welcome:
Same
alittledizzy wrote:I grabbed all of these old Phil responses off of the i-am-bored forum he used to frequent a few months ago and don't think I ever posted them here... there are so many that I put them in a google drive instead of trying to redownload and embed them, but if you want to explore the world of Phil in a time before Dan: link.

(Most of them are lacking context, and some of them end up sounding weird/slightly offensive without it - but they're not hard to google. Or just ask, I spent a while on these so I will probably remember what he was talking about.)
I also wanted to bring back this post to, first, thank dizzy for doing it (thanks! ) and second, to express my fascination with the Christianity/Christmas quote, I understand that it's the festivity in general and family traditions that are import to Phil (as I see it), not the religious aspect, I wonder what he thinks now of not calling the end of December festival "Christmas"
Last edited by coffeepenguin on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
vincentian
hobbit hair

SquishPhan wrote:
LeftHandedism wrote:

I think that the trainer's abs are from the apron that they have used a few times now.
I think it looks printed out. That production budget
There’s nothing relaxing about vomit stories, Phil, but I liked the video. He was mellow, yet engaging, nice contrast to his typical hyperactivity on AP channel. I had low expectations after the first two solo AP videos of the year that I didn’t like that much, and was pleasantly surprised.

I think it’s noticeable that he carefully scripted this story, and the video benefited from it, minimizing the grossness and improving storytelling. Also storytelling vid in Dan’s manner - wouldn’t be surprised if Dan was directing him while filming (not that Phil can’t do it himself, just a nice image), as the video felt a bit different from his usual stuff.
Last edited by vincentian on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

[/quote]
Welcome !
The only prop I can think of is the... tire? The bird had to do with his top though[/quote]

Oh, that makes sense! I remember looking at the top and thinking he looked super cute in it but I didn't connect the dots in my head. Oops...

Now I wonder when dannyfire will upload his new video. I wonder if it will be a rebranding ....
realeyesrealize
living flop

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ you just reminded me I have to do my phonology homework

I loved Phil's video! Highly entertaining and quite gripping to be honest, as I kept trying to guess whether he was going to (sorry) crap his pants or just puke. (That's something I didn't know I would write, ever). On another note, as alittledizzy mentioned, I'm so here for Phil mentioning how "hunky" his personal trainer was and mentioning Dan without giving any explanation as to who he is.

10/10, Philly
fancybum
senpai

Yiiiiiiiiiikes @ Shane. I can't watch the video because I'll cringe myself out of existence, but based on the transcript and chat around it....... he didn't mention the video? Because 1. that basically comes up with the most cursory googling about d&p (as in, the existence of it) 2. therefore not mentioning it is the most notable thing (to crazy conspiracists who think they're together). Like, bringing this up at all is disgusting on his part, that's a given. But bringing it up only to then omit the actual "proof" is just like: why did you bother at all, Shane? Because it's not win-win this way (well I mean, no way would have been a win doing this shit), it's 'exploit these people you've always claimed to respect with the added tinge of being outy when you yourself have had a difficult time being public with your own sexuality you fucking tool' along with 'but lol it's probably bullshit'... I don't think that really works. Keeping it relatively light intentionally to not go 100% piece of shit-- for what purpose? to not entirely alienate himself from D&P / friends of theirs they have in common? this does not accomplish that because it still brings attention to it. Phandom attention, who cares, they're mostly well versed (better versed lbr) in this stuff, but he's putting it out to his audience of like 9 or whatever million people. Will the people who know nothing about D&P not care, or dig deeper and do the research Shane left out to 1. be nice 2. because he's a lazy hack 3. ????????? Because if he's just leading people in the direction he was too 'respectful' to go, he's accomplishing the same result than if he had just spelled it out himself. Soooooo there's no moral high ground for him here, whatever his intentions (and honestly at this point, assuming anything good/respectful/human of his intentions is probably pointless since the result is always: wow what is wrong with you as a human)

People who actually watched it: what were the other conspiracies? Were they all dumb shit that's easily brushed off, or like does he encourage more research or whatever. I don't watch anything he does anymore unless Drew's in it. But I'm just so grossed out. I'm going to go watch Phil's vid for brain bleach.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Yaz
tol bean

Aw, poor Phil. When I heard about the hunky personal trainer named Leon who was a mix of Zach Effron and The Rock, I immediately thought he could very well be Leon from TheLeanMachines. Probably not though, it would be a huge coincidence .
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

On the topic of Shane's video, no he did not mention THE video - thank goodness.
The conspiracies he went into after the one about Deppy were all conspiracy theories that he had read about himself. That he wasn't actually bi, that his boyfriend isn't actually his boyfriend, and that he is in the Illuminati himself. It was actually kind of interesting but I couldn't take him seriously after the fact that he just exploited the beep out of Dan & Phil.
malday
emo goose

Philena wrote:
malday wrote:
Philena wrote:
malday wrote:
iero wrote:
4:25 are you kidding me??????? smh
i'm not really surprised, it was only a matter of time before this happened.
Yeah, but he could've done a truly thorough exposé and chose not to. Why? Was he trying to stay on their "good side"? Doesn't make any sense to me. What did he get out of that? A 7 year old could have put together better proof. That was truly shitty and offensive in every way, and I still don't understand the purpose.
The purpose is views, what else could it be.
Yes, but even that could have been achieved in a better way! Know what I mean? It was all put together so carefully, yet the end result was so stupid.
There is no "better" way, a thorough exposé would have been really stupid from his part.
Philena
blobfish

malday, of course there is a better way to get views. Could have tagged, titled, or thumbnailed deppy. Could have tweeted about them, etc.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Philena wrote:malday, of course there is a better way to get views. Could have tagged, titled, or thumbnailed deppy. Could have tweeted about them, etc.
As kinda said before maybe not to raise awareness to Deppy and completely alienate them, which was why he was half assed in this video. Maybe he doesn't necessarily want them to see it
:D
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Philena wrote:malday, of course there is a better way to get views. Could have tagged, titled, or thumbnailed deppy. Could have tweeted about them, etc.
I'm surprised he didn't mention them in the title or put them in the thumbnail, I really don't understand why he's done this unless he's relying on the phandom word of mouth to get views (which let's face it is working because I probably wouldn't have watched it if I hadn't seen it mentioned on here ugh it's so cringy it hurts)

+1 for the tyre being the prop except I don't think it's arrived in time I wouldn't be surprised if he'd ordered an inflatable rubber ring type one, I liked that vid I just hope it doesn't get overshadowed by this Shane shit.
kalli
butt chair

iero wrote:
4:25 are you kidding me??????? smh
I'm not exactly sure what to make of this, I suppose it could have been worse but it still left me with a bad taste in my mouth. (I'm also disappointed in myself for watching, I practically never give into people who mention them.)

I swear someday someone is going "slip up" and out them. Or rather, I'm surprised someone hasn't already tried making a bold untrue claim like seeing them kiss at a convention or something, just for the views and exposure. Because there's no such thing as bad publicity, right?! :?

As for Phil's new video, I enjoyed it a lot! All the little skits and the anecdote in general were hilarious. I feel bad for him but I can actually relate since I did a very similar thing once, although thankfully my gym class was in the morning and I hadn't eaten anything yet so I was only met with water and not Indian food...
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

I honestly thing the best course of action is ignoring the video. Tomorrow Dan has a liveshow and I can imagine all the fans spamming for Dan to comment about Shane video and that would only attract more views to that one which is ultimately what he wants. Let's ignore it.

Onto the important thing, Phil's video. I'm not one for vomit stories but Phil is so endearing that it's impossible not to see. I was wondering about rhe gym.since he mentioned at the beggining of the year. Poor adorable angel.