Dan & Phil Part 40: We like the cock

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

missemma wrote: Also, I thought that the dudes reply to him was actually kinda rude towards Dans fan base, tween girls indeed.

yup, especially as fantano himself panders pretty hard to the edgy af, predominantly male, conservative internet younglings with his endlessly funny zings regarding gender and heteronormativity and all that jazz

edit: yay top of the page with the phrase 'funny zings' im so proud
Last edited by cherrybomb3 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Rising from a state of extreme sleep deprivation to triple check and make sure I didn't hallucinate Phil tweet about wanting a cute boy-horse to come feed him phallic things.

Nope? It was real? That happened?

Okay cool, cool cool cool.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

alittledizzy wrote:Rising from a state of extreme sleep deprivation to triple check and make sure I didn't hallucinate Phil tweet about wanting a cute boy-horse to come feed him phallic things.

Nope? It was real? That happened?

Okay cool, cool cool cool.
Yes and the both of them also liked Phan art on Tumblr. The only downside to Phil's tweet was that Onission replied to him
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

cherrybomb3, malday, and missemma, thanks for the insight!

i honestly don't understand his response language-wise, it's not super important, but could someone help me out with that too? maybe i'm too tired to understand english lmao. but "put up or shut up" is supposed to mean "put up with my content or don't complain"? and why is he saying dan should show the "tween girls" to the video? and what is the whole thing supposed to mean? that his audience would be confused by him liking the song? that his audience wouldn't understand the song? what is he on about i'm so confused.
thank's you were great
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

lurker wrote:cherrybomb3, malday, and missemma, thanks for the insight!

i honestly don't understand his response language-wise, it's not super important, but could someone help me out with that too? maybe i'm too tired to understand english lmao. but "put up or shut up" is supposed to mean "put up with my content or don't complain"? and why is he saying dan should show the "tween girls" to the video? and what is the whole thing supposed to mean? that his audience would be confused by him liking the song? that his audience wouldn't understand the song? what is he on about i'm so confused.

i think he means that dan should get his audience to watch the reverie music video; which is pretty spooks like most of arcas creative output; the implication being that they are too young for it
mio
#relatable

I hope this is the start of Dan cutting ties with the edgy fuckboi crowd...

Also that arca video really did disturb me (and I'm not a tween). Even more so in the context of furry kinks and that last horse video... ok I'll show myself out :?
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
uglyamerican
woodland creature

"My Horse Prince" - Dan's needs to mount his filly, and ride the steaming pile of manure "satire" off into the sunset. Although I did *sort of* like this latest episode...
malday
emo goose

mio wrote: Also that arca video really did disturb me (and I'm not a tween). Even more so in the context of furry kinks and that last horse video... ok I'll show myself out :?
It all makes sense now...
And Phil tweeted that horse prince image at around the same time...
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

can someone show me to where onision (gag) replied to phil's tweet? someone said he did but i looked thru the replies and can't find it?
:transheart:
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Skylar wrote:can someone show me to where onision (gag) replied to phil's tweet? someone said he did but i looked thru the replies and can't find it?
:D
cryptic_phan
squish
Pronouns: idrc

does anyone understand the meaning behind the music video or is it just meant to be artistic .

Also i feel it all depends on the person on whether they can comprehend something more complex then their age for explain something with a abstract make-up
papierklemmen
flower crown

mio wrote:I hope this is the start of Dan cutting ties with the edgy fuckboi crowd...

Also that arca video really did disturb me (and I'm not a tween). Even more so in the context of furry kinks and that last horse video... ok I'll show myself out :?
it doesn't look like "cutting ties" with the edgy crowd at all. it looks like a shoutout to them, if anything.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

papierklemmen wrote:
it doesn't look like "cutting ties" with the edgy crowd at all. it looks like a shoutout to them, if anything.
Yeah, it looks that way to me as well, given that Dan was the one that initiated contact. I think the edgy straight male youtubers are the crowd that Dan, for some godforsaken reason, wants to gain the approval of or at least be taken seriously by. theneedledrop's comment about Dan's tween audience really rubbed me the wrong way, to me it's rooted in the idea that young girls are inherently vapid/uncultured/superficial/dumb and it annoyed me ugh Dan you're better than guys like that whyyyyy or is he idk
lost686girl
living flop

i honestly don't understand what an "edgy straight male youtuber" is supposed to be. casper lee? jim chapman? maybe i don't follow the right people to understand this genre. :confused:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

lost686girl wrote:i honestly don't understand what an "edgy straight male youtuber" is supposed to be. casper lee? jim chapman? maybe i don't follow the right people to understand this genre. :confused:
Definitely not either of those two. It's moreso the crowd that make 'problematic' jokes and tend to criticise 'SJW culture' - think Pewdiepie, H3H3, I'm sure there are more but I can't think of any as I don't keep up with them. I know they're a controversial bunch and I don't want to start up drama or anything as I'm sure there are plenty of people who watch them, I just personally don't find that sort of humour funny. They tend to have large male audiences, which I guess lends them some credence in the youtube world as they definitely aren't being watched purely for their looks and youtubers with young, female audiences are often not taken seriously (as frustrating and unfair as that is).

Edit: In completely different news, go Dan for chiming in somewhat on the whole youtube restriction drama:
cryptic_phan
squish

captainspacecoat wrote:
lost686girl wrote:i honestly don't understand what an "edgy straight male youtuber" is supposed to be. casper lee? jim chapman? maybe i don't follow the right people to understand this genre. :confused:
Definitely not either of those two. It's moreso the crowd that make 'problematic' jokes and tend to criticise 'SJW culture' - think Pewdiepie, H3H3, I'm sure there are more but I can't think of any as I don't keep up with them. I know they're a controversial bunch and I don't want to start up drama or anything as I'm sure there are plenty of people who watch them, I just personally don't find that sort of humour funny. They tend to have large male audiences, which I guess lends them some credence in the youtube world as they definitely aren't being watched purely for their looks and youtubers with young, female audiences are often not taken seriously (as frustrating and unfair as that is).
just putting this out there but wouldn't it be easier to just create adult-like content. also i'm not trying to start anything but people won't take him seriously if he does take his production and video making seriously . i'm not talking about like sloppy editing or anything physical (ok maybe a little physical ) but like his does not cover topic they would appeal to a more "sophisticated" demographic like he wants even if he's still does want to keep the same type of videos (for example the isg videos and the skit like video (i can't think of any off the top of my head) he can just simply gear them to be less 'juvenile" and idk y he thinks he need to change his humor to be more controversial or anything like can simple just make joke that are witty and smart rather them cheap and dimensionless

just a thought
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I am glad that Dan chimed in, even if it was basically a retweet, because it shows that he cares but I'd really like Phil to chime in too. I don't expect him too and I won't be surprised if he doesn't but this is an important issue for every creator on YouTube and not just people being restricted.
eevee
emo goose

captainspacecoat wrote:Edit: In completely different news, go Dan for chiming in somewhat on the whole youtube restriction drama:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is a big deal for Dan to (sort of) publicly speak out against LGBTQ+ rights on youtube. He did do it via a reply, but it's still his public twitter, and many of his audience members look at his replies. I just feel like a little while ago he wouldn't have touched this with a 10 foot pole and wouldn't want people to make any leaps based on what he said. I'm happy and proud for him.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

eevee wrote:
captainspacecoat wrote:Edit: In completely different news, go Dan for chiming in somewhat on the whole youtube restriction drama:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is a big deal for Dan to (sort of) publicly speak out against LGBTQ+ rights on youtube. He did do it via a reply, but it's still his public twitter, and many of his audience members look at his replies. I just feel like a little while ago he wouldn't have touched this with a 10 foot pole and wouldn't want people to make any leaps based on what he said. I'm happy and proud for him.
This isn't just effecting the lgbtq+ on YouTube though, it's effecting almost every creators content on the site, Dan included. But the media keeps saying it's only just the LGBTQ+ being effected but it goes way deeper since it blocks a lot of education stuff (lgbtq+ content, a lot of things to do with race, religion, political stuff, ect) and some videos are being flagged as "sensitive material" when nothing about it is in any form, sensitive. It's a serious issue that needs to be fixed asap because the restriction feature is used by many schools and work places and shouldn't be censoring material like this.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
papierklemmen
flower crown

i'd say the holy trinity of "edgy straight male youtubers" are the so-called "cancer crew" - MaxMoeFoe, iDubbbz and FilthyFrank. and then there are their biggest fans h3h3 & pewdiepie who gradually altered their content to look like theirs (it was esp. frustrating to see that from h3h3 because they didn't really start off being "edgy").

dan is a self-proclaimed h3h3 and filthyfrank fan, and his love for pewdiepie senpai needs no introduction lol.
cryptic_phan
squish

i mean ik think any of them are being edgy i feel if dan follows this path hes just going to end up more campy then edgy (im fact they all seem pretty campy to me)
Last edited by cryptic_phan on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
eevee
emo goose

confusedpanda wrote:This isn't just effecting the lgbtq+ on YouTube though, it's effecting almost every creators content on the site, Dan included. But the media keeps saying it's only just the LGBTQ+ being effected but it goes way deeper since it blocks a lot of education stuff (lgbtq+ content, a lot of things to do with race, religion, political stuff, ect) and some videos are being flagged as "sensitive material" when nothing about it is in any form, sensitive. It's a serious issue that needs to be fixed asap because the restriction feature is used by many schools and work places and shouldn't be censoring material like this.
I completely agree. But Dan speaking out against it while it's being portrayed widely as an LGBTQ+ issue is still something he wouldn't have done in the past, I believe. Because it associates him with it. It looks like that isn't something he's so worried about anymore.

Or am I insane?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
papierklemmen
flower crown

eevee wrote:
confusedpanda wrote:This isn't just effecting the lgbtq+ on YouTube though, it's effecting almost every creators content on the site, Dan included. But the media keeps saying it's only just the LGBTQ+ being effected but it goes way deeper since it blocks a lot of education stuff (lgbtq+ content, a lot of things to do with race, religion, political stuff, ect) and some videos are being flagged as "sensitive material" when nothing about it is in any form, sensitive. It's a serious issue that needs to be fixed asap because the restriction feature is used by many schools and work places and shouldn't be censoring material like this.
I completely agree. But Dan speaking out against it while it's being portrayed widely as an LGBTQ+ issue is still something he wouldn't have done in the past, I believe. Because it associates him with it. It looks like that isn't something he's so worried about anymore.

Or am I insane?
i don't think it associates him with it... he is just supporting hank green's activism. jenna marbles also replied to the tweet.
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

confusedpanda wrote:

This isn't just effecting the lgbtq+ on YouTube though, it's effecting almost every creators content on the site, Dan included. But the media keeps saying it's only just the LGBTQ+ being effected but it goes way deeper since it blocks a lot of education stuff (lgbtq+ content, a lot of things to do with race, religion, political stuff, ect) and some videos are being flagged as "sensitive material" when nothing about it is in any form, sensitive. It's a serious issue that needs to be fixed asap because the restriction feature is used by many schools and work places and shouldn't be censoring material like this.
I don't really see why this would be a problem? I don't think parents would want their 6 year old watching complex videos about sexuality, race, politics, or religion. There is nothing wrong with those videos, but little kids may misinterpret these things or will end up confused. I do see the problem with the overly sensitive filter though, I put DnP Games on for my little brother and he was only able to view about 5/6 videos. (This happened several months ago, interesting that it seems to be only talked about now) Youtube probably could solve this problem by making a more customizable filter so that parents could have more choice over what their children could or couldn't see. The problem might also have to do with creators not tagging their videos when they are violent or inappropriate, forcing youtube to create a stronger filter.
dannonfill
spork
Pronouns: they/them

cryptic_phan wrote:i mean ik think any of them are being edgy i feel if dan follows this path hes just going to end up more campy then edgy (im fact they all seem pretty campy to me)
Uh, I'd say building up a brand of calling yourself a "n****r f****t" (idubbbz) is pretty damn edgy. You're right in a way, I don't think it's mutually exclusive. I see some camp in all of them, especially Max. Doesn't mean they're not "edgy" and problematic as well.
I can't see Dan morphing into that kind of... alt-right adjacent humor though, even if he wanted to he must know he'd lose a lot of his audience because it'd be a huge tonal shift for his channel.
... let's talk about house plants.