Dan & Phil Part 41: what in domestication

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
PolarFox
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

lol, good bants jhambs the quality troll content

Anyway! The video was so amazing! I'd play the heck out of that Phil's rpg, reminds me of the first final fantasy games how did he even make all of that? How long is it?? This is the series I desire! I just hope they will update this one more often. And maybe add some mooore jrpgs to their gaming channel? *wink wink nudge nudge*
best video since bubble bobble, fight me
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

jhamba wrote:
cherrybomb3 wrote:bisexual erasure
lol, wtf fuck is up with these made up terms?

righty ho so you are probs a lolzor so edgy troll or whatever. only being 'ironically' ignorant doesnt make you look any less ignorant, it just perpetuates those attitudes and then makes any queer (to use dans blanket term) individual feel like shit
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

Wtf even is this thread right now
Anyway! did good with that unexpected, adorable gem of a video. And that's all I got to say about that.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Yikes
:D
jhamba
procrastinator

cherrybomb3 wrote:
jhamba wrote:

righty ho so you are probs a lolzor so edgy troll or whatever. only being 'ironically' ignorant doesnt make you look any less ignorant, it just perpetuates those attitudes and then makes any queer (to use dans blanket term) individual feel like shit
Dan defined queer as a blanket term for "anyone who isn't a straight, white, cis person born in developed countries in relative wealth". By that definition, it's not all queer people I'm making feel like shit.
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

jhamba wrote:
cherrybomb3 wrote:
jhamba wrote:

Dan defined queer as a blanket term for "anyone who isn't a straight, white, cis person born in developed countries in relative wealth". By that definition, it's not all queer people I'm making feel like shit.

ugh secondhand cringe from the pedantry flashbacks to me when i was 12

fine, to put it into better terms, its not very nice to be mean (even if you are only pretending) because it may make people less privileged than you feel bad.
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

This whole conversation is so exhausting... We get it, jhamba, you hate "social justice warriors"

Can we talk about deppy now? More specifically, can I just say that Alex's funeral had me shook. I wonder where that storyline will go. I am extremely impressed with 14 year old Phil, even if he did have several typos and spelled Emily's name as both "Emily" and "Emiliy". This man just consistently surprises and awes me with his creativity. We don't deserve him
I am always on Phil Lester's side
dannonfill
spork
Pronouns: they/them

SexyTrashCan wrote:Yikes
Lmao this is the perfect post, thanks. Jhamba babe, ya have to know when to stop pulling people's legs, it's not really funny if they're not in on the joke. It just becomes laughing at people because they don't understand a joke that hasn't been explained to them. Not a fun vibe.

I'm very here for the discussion on how cute that video was, thanks. It was so relaxed and light-hearted, it made my day. Their tones throughout the whole thing seemed very genuine :sobs: Dan's so appreciative of Phil Lester, the inventor of creativity. And I live for it.
... let's talk about house plants.
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

dannonfill wrote:
Lmao this is the perfect post, thanks. Jhamba babe, ya have to know when to stop pulling people's legs, it's not really funny if they're not in on the joke. It just becomes laughing at people because they don't understand a joke that hasn't been explained to them. Not a fun vibe.

I'm very here for the discussion on how cute that video was, thanks. It was so relaxed and light-hearted, it made my day. Their tones throughout the whole thing seemed very genuine :sobs: Dan's so appreciative of Phil Lester, the inventor of creativity. And I live for it.

sorry i dont think its not understanding the joke, its just that the joke itself isnt particularly funny since its just punching down BUT YES

i do love seeing that the nerdy, creative side of phil isnt just a part of the 'youtube persona' but a real aspect of his personality
jhamba
procrastinator

dannonfill wrote:
okay
jhamba
procrastinator

cherrybomb3 wrote:sorry i dont think its not understanding the joke, its just that the joke itself isnt particularly funny since its just punching down
Fair enough. I was just trying to see how far I could take this, but I got a little too into it, so, I'm sorry for the bullshit I said.
Last edited by jhamba on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malday
emo goose

never thought i'd see poe's law on a phan forum.
Last edited by malday on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

jhamba wrote:
jhamba wrote:
dannonfill wrote:
okay
cherrybomb3 wrote:sorry i dont think its not understanding the joke, its just that the joke itself isnt particularly funny since its just punching down
Fair enough. I was just trying to see how far I could take this, but I got a little too into it, so, I'm sorry for the bullshit I said.
Wow that was meant to be a joke? It's really put me off... back to lurking I go!
000dia000
emo goose

Jesus christ
:cactus:
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

jhamba wrote:
dw its chill i just have easily shook sensibilities bc of my own old cringeworthy self
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

this vid pulled me back into the trashcan when I was almost out of it
I love this kind of games so much and I am really amazed at 14 year old phil for actually doing this. At 14 writing an short story for school was daunting never mind this.

I am really looking forward to more of this and it does seem like the amount of gaming vids they've been doing plus this creates a good amount of potential buyers for a new game. I do hope it will be a proper game for PC and not an app or maybe both tho.

Also I must say that the past couple pages went from funny to trainwreck real fast
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

What happened these last couple of pages. Anyway..

I freaking loved that video. It was so relaxing and a type of video I just like to have on in the background while working.
I really hope they finish the game so we can see what happens. What a cliffhanger to leave us on.
I love rpg games even though they are simple, they usually have a great story. To be made by a 14 year old, it had a great story.

Just been loving DAPG so far this year. Thankfully because I still haven't watch the ISG (and I am a Dan girl )
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I am kind of hoping that Dan and Phil are going to create/make their own game now, with help of course. It could be great or a disaster, but it should be entertaining anyway.
pilotlight
#relatable

I'm pretty meh about RPGs in general but I really loved the video. It was neat to get a peek at the mind of 14 year old Phil. He seemed so pleased that Dan was enjoying it, and it seemed like Dan was making sure to balance laughing at the typos with praise for Phil. I really hope they play more of it, I'd like to see where the story goes and find out if there are any more plot twists for Alex and Emily.
onetruetrash
blobfish

i don't know wtf just happened
but i don't really care
imma get tf up out of here
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Y'all are too much.

Anyway. Was it just me or did Dan seem very interested in teenage Phil's friends and stuff? I liked the '14 year old Dan and 14 year old Phil would've been good friends' bit (even if that never could've happened because age diference, but it's a nice AU thought isn't it?).
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
DeadlyNova
living flop

I adored that video. I'm amazed at that plot twist! It's times like this that I remember how creative Phil truly is.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Have some cute:

[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/Fvj ... 8823181454" data-did="da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709">[/tumblr]

(Also because I am clearly not obnoxious enough about phan and my thoughts on them on this forum, if people thought I would agree to a serious post.)
majitzu
angel bean

------
I like the video, the game is interesting and I'm very impressed, mostly because I have 0 creativity. Dan seem so proud. And those rymes like wow I'm Phil trash

I def want to see more of this rpg game.

So in this almost 2 years I've been on the phandom I have lost lot of time on gg and idb, so I decided I needed to take my studies more seriously. I haven't read here in almost a month, and I missed it but it's for a good reason. I will try to at least post once a week tho.

That's all for now, and remember Dan's new header obvs
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

pilotlight wrote: He seemed so pleased that Dan was enjoying it, and it seemed like Dan was making sure to balance laughing at the typos with praise for Phil.
I found it fun/interesting that Dan, king of typos and missing punctuation, was making fun of Phil's mistakes. Clearly, Dan has a very good grasp on spelling and punctuation, confirming that he is just sloppy in his own writing in places like Twitter and even YouTube. Which is in contrast to his avowed perfectionism.....

As for all the trolling, I wonder if the splashy return of IDB's first member has anything to do with the board's imminent first anniversary?
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."