Dan & Phil Part 41: what in domestication

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple
Pronouns: she/her

cherrybomb3 wrote:slightly late now, but heres a thought. do you think theres a possibility that dan used the dapc video to say things that he would otherwise be judged/questioned about? e.g 'youre a bad boy jeffrey' 'long with a big head' '*shirtless phil paint dabbing*' etc
Hm, I don't think it was that complicated in motives lol. I honestly think they were just trying to make the video as weird as possible so he purposefully said odd/off-putting things.

Also, completely off-topic, but a lot of people on here were talking about how CP was a big part of their childhood. Well there's an unofficial CP up called "Club Penguin Unwritten" that works and looks like Club penguin from like... 2009/2010. I would love to see deppy play that version of CP and actually try to play the games and explore the map.
I am always on Phil Lester's side
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

That tweet is so cute. A weasel wouldn't be my first thought for adorable D&P pet, but I could get behind it!

Going back to Dan's video I do agree that his mocking was pretty much equal between himself and fans (and not exactly cutting!), though I'd perhaps also suggest that his branding is partially defined by what fans respond to and emphasise, so that's not entirely aimed at himself. Also I'm sad we didn't see 'pick a Disney movie'! And Pikachu vs Totoro could've been interesting too if he tried to figure out what the expected answer would be.
malday
emo goose

Dan livestreaming on his bed and not showing his room.
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

phil pushed dan into making content confirmed

in a nice way obvs
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

malday wrote:Dan livestreaming on his bed and not showing his room.
The wirrow art is missing from above his bed and his bedside table is entirely clear
blackdenim
procrastinator

internetakeover wrote:
The wirrow art is missing from above his bed and his bedside table is entirely clear
It also looks like there's a blue pillow behind him?!
houseplant
squish

phil's dresser in his personal gym trainer video was also bare, i was surprised he decided to keep that angle for the vid (not exactly ground breaking, but still rather obvious to me). i saw a post saying it was empty because he hadn't put the things back after clearing it for the pastel video, but that had been weeks before the next vid. so yeah, with that and this ls, definitely moving

it'll be interesting because they've got a bit of a buffer before it'll be obvious that they're moving, what with the australia-hongkong-(japan)-florida trip. we probably won't get to catch a glimpse of the state of their apartment for months, especially if they've already pre-filmed loads of videos as we suspect. no liveshows once they start travelling too, so the obvious sign of their bookshelf becoming emptier and emptier will be put on hold.

it's 4:30am and i've just got off work to sleep and then get up in approx. 3 hours for more work and this is all i think about will be looking forward to time stamps and discussion about dan's ls
malday
emo goose

internetakeover wrote:
"i'm relocating it"
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

He just addressed the lack of Wirrow... he said something like "Let's say I'm relocating it"
Okay deppy/dan is moving confirmed

Edit: okay the "phan-service" about phil's coat just happened and i am shook
Last edited by /fɪl lɛstɚ/ on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always on Phil Lester's side
onetruetrash
blobfish

The fan service right now
secretagentphan
procrastinator

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:He just addressed the lack of Wirrow... he said something like "Let's say I'm relocating it"
Okay sorry but this is making me
I can't watch the liveshow because I have to work at a job I despise but this makes me so happy!! I really hope they're moving together so I can get phan-laser-eye-surgery (lol look at me thinking I'm clever)

Also it's probably sad that other people moving is making me this excited
nephilimcat
woodland creature

So he is talking about redecorating his room. Or wtf? No moving? Moving? Just changing up the apartment a bit? I don't even know what to believe anymore.
pulvis et umbra sumus
mio
#relatable

The whole talk about changing his video background... my eyebrows just rose so high they left my face.

how more obvious can you get
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Subtlety has not been their forte lately
:D
malday
emo goose

also this is not going on his youtube, destroying evidence!
Moony
sofa crease

where does he even get all these opinions from. like, the youtube comments are mostly screaming?
maybe it's different because it's his job and I am just someone who sees a very small part of the phandom, but still, sometimes it feels like he lurks here because of some of the things he says

wasn't there a theory that Dan often says a common male name and pretends it's someone in the chat that coincidentally sent a message about a topic/argument he wants to talk about? if yes, the jonny part about the coat was very telling

Haha, don't take me to seriously I am just tinhattig
hunnyftw
phabergé

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:He just addressed the lack of Wirrow... he said something like "Let's say I'm relocating it"

Edit: okay the "phan-service" about phil's coat just happened and i am shook
And then he added "One could say I'm relocating it". The wording is curious but it was something in his delivery that sealed the deal for me. I was sceptical before but now there is nothing that can convince me the move is not on the way. Even him calling the painting damocles sword hanging precariously above his bed. Nah son, you're just totally moving.

Also, the "phan service" coat talk made me very uncomfortable. This is only a half-formed thought but I felt he ridiculed the audience a bit too much there. Possibly.
malday wrote:also this is not going on his youtube, destroying evidence!
I'm currently watching it live on danisnotinteresting (because I refuse to use younow) so I'd assume it will stay there afterwards :)
Last edited by hunnyftw on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
houseplant
squish

i kind of love that deppy are trying so hard in trying to be subtle but somehow making it even more obvious. you do you, lads
Last edited by houseplant on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Moony wrote:where does he even get all these opinions from. like, the youtube comments are mostly screaming?
maybe it's different because it's his job and I am just someone who sees a very small part of the phandom, but still, sometimes it feels like he lurks here because of some of the things he says

wasn't there a theory that Dan often says a common male name and pretends it's someone in the chat that coincidentally sent a message about a topic/argument he wants to talk about? if yes, the jonny part about the coat was very telling

Haha, don't take me to seriously I am just tinhattig
He used the name Johnny twice as well :sideeye:
:D
SquishPhan
capita£ester

cherrybomb3 wrote:phil pushed dan into making content confirmed

in a nice way obvs
Yeah I am not surprised that it is Phil who is pushing Dan to make some vids.

Honestly I don't think they are moving, doesn't seem wise with all the travelling they are about to do. Think Dan is just redoing his room.
hunnyftw
phabergé

SquishPhan, your argument for them not moving makes total sense but on the other hand... his delivery was so weird... Nah, I refuse to be reasonable like you are. At least for the next couple of hours, till I get some sleep and calm down
Last edited by hunnyftw on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hunnyftw wrote:Also, the "phan service" coat talk made me very uncomfortable. This is only a half-formed thought but I felt he ridiculed the audience a bit too much there. Possibly.
I laughed. It was pretty earned. People do lose their shit over tiny things. The fact that he volunteered the story and seemed to be laughingly anticipating the reaction made it something I could laugh at as well, as opposed to his sometimes lowkey anxiety driven/lashing out attitude.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

It does sound like they're moving but I wouldn't put it past them to just redecorate everything and troll everyone who expects them to move. Maybe I'm just too cynical. Sometimes I am like "Ok, they're fucking moving" and then one or both of them say something that makes me doubt it again. They are so ambiguous all the time, I never know what to expect.
pulvis et umbra sumus
blackdenim
procrastinator

The first painting mention made me sure they were moving! But the background aesthetic talk cast doubt and then the second painting mention has me fully certain they're staying put. I think he just wasn't sure he wanted to talk about changing his background which is why he phrased it weird the first time.

Also this is my first time watching one of their live shows as it happens, and cos I live in the area it's v weird for me to hear a siren I just heard outside my own window on the liveshow
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

blackdenim wrote:The first painting mention made me sure they were moving! But the background aesthetic talk cast doubt and then the second painting mention has me fully certain they're staying put. I think he just wasn't sure he wanted to talk about changing his background which is why he phrased it weird the first time.

Also this is my first time watching one of their live shows as it happens, and cos I live in the area it's v weird for me to hear a siren I just heard outside my own window on the liveshow
The changing background for videos makes sense if he's about to move and gets to choose whether to recreate a similar background setting or take the opportunity to go with something completely new, though.