Dan & Phil Part 41: what in domestication

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Amiuw wrote:
Also- if Dan is just redecorating, why show the audience his bare walls and tables when he knows how the phandom is (ex: the whole "fanservice" segment). He could have easily had his show in the lounge - he has done that before and recently - after Tatinof some people were convinced Dan had moved out because we hadn't seen his room in weeks.

Also- Phil's dresser has been getting sparse over the last few weeks. You could try to say that Phil is lazy and that's why he hasn't put his stuff back after the pastel vid but Phil is the guy who buys props for his videos and decorates the lounge/kitchen for every themed video they have. It makes no sense that he couldn't take 10 minutes to put some plushies back on his dresser.
Also very good points.
I thought about the whole thing yet again today. I did say about why didn't he use the other iMac or even his laptop that the phone was leaning against and then realised if they had already transferred their internet then he would have used his phone as the only way of actually doing the liveshow (via his 4G). He could have used his phone as a hotspot and tethered to it but the phone may have been quicker/easier.

I assumed that they are in the process of moving, even though their tenancy can't be due to end until around the end of May/June. There is no chance they are going to allow anyone to view the flat with their possessions/them in it, hence why the flat hasn't appeared on any housing websites (afaik anyways I haven't searched but haven't seen the phandom going crazy about it). They'll be all settled and completely moved before it's available for others to view. They can no doubt afford either two rents or renting + mortgage for a month or two.

I do hope they go somewhere and their address doesn't leak or get found out and they can have a bit of 'normality' for a change, rather than having fans stalking their street.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

blackdenim wrote:It's kind of the same everywhere in Central(ish) London though, I live a couple of streets away from the high street and I still hear pretty much every siren and most of the loud drunk people. Unless you're in a really suburban area you can't avoid it. Of course it's not like they're desperate to be part of the London nightlife/social scene (that we know) so they could easily be planning to move out to a leafy suburb or even out of London altogether. But if they want to stay fairly local/central then it's going to be the same everywhere.
Yes, I think it's just something you need to live with when you want to live in Central London. I used to live on a quieter street in the area too but I still heard sirens all the time, people fighting under my window, drunk people etc. I don't think there's any place in Central London where you won't semi-constantly hear any of this. I always thought the area in question was already nicer and quieter than most other parts of Central London too (I could be mistaken though since I never lived anywhere else in London, just judging from what friends told me). So, is it going to be Brighton after all?
missemma wrote:I do hope they go somewhere and their address doesn't leak or get found out and they can have a bit of 'normality' for a change, rather than having fans stalking their street.
Did this actually happen after their address got leaked? :?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Birdie wrote:
missemma wrote:I do hope they go somewhere and their address doesn't leak or get found out and they can have a bit of 'normality' for a change, rather than having fans stalking their street.
Did this actually happen after their address got leaked? :?
It's probably kinda inevitable if that happens, sadly.

I was at a wedding the other day and a guy in his 50s on my table said, jokingly, to a kid who's going to Brighton uni next year "You're not gay are you?" I mean :facepalm:

Hilarious to see how we're piecing this together especially using the plushies on Phil's chest of drawers to add pieces to the puzzle.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Well I already suspected they were moving, but that live show pretty much confirmed it for me. Particularly noticed Dan fiddling with keys as being new as someone else mentioned, and the fact that his picture is gone and bedside tables are empty makes it seem like it might already be in progress. Defo could see the vagueness of the upcoming travel plans being their cover to get a sneaky move in without us noticing, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
kalli wrote: Also, I feel like Dan has referred to what he would have previously called his parents' house as his mum's house a lot lately. He definitely did during the jacket story in the most recent ls, although the story was only about her so it sort of makes sense. But I'm pretty sure he has on a few other occasions as well, or maybe I'm just imagining things?
This really stuck out to me too, I found myself wondering whether maybe his parents could have split up? Literally based on nothing other than 'my mums house' when it previously has always been referred to as his parents place though.. seems to me like a weird way of saying it otherwise.
lishachi wrote:[offtopic]Not sure if this has been mentioned before - forgive me if it has.

Thought this video was actually interesting, especially around the 9-10min mark as they start talking about relationships and how they can get you brand deals and essentially build up a channel and a following by being in a relationship/having a friendship group.

Lucy said "If you break up you sabotage your financial situation" @ 9:14 then afterwards Evan said "People like you, the brand, together. Youtubers brand themselves together all the time in terms of one and another, it's always groups of two."

Made me think of Dan and Phil straight away, like they've built this brand around themselves being friends and they have a massive following and are also predominately shipped by a lot of people. What if that fell apart? What if they weren't friends anymore? And if they are in a relationship as many think, if that were to break apart would they suffer financially? I mean I was going to say that can't keep it going forever, but they could finish youtube still as a brand together if they had enough money and split it. Just makes me think, these are real life people, they interact on the internet in front of an audience, they get paid, they have brands and friendships and these are seen by millions of people.

Luke also mentions essentially being unhappy in a friendship/relationship and how that would effect business. Because in reality Youtubers are getting paid for making videos, if they promote themselves with a significant other/friend and market that, what happens if it goes wrong? Do you stay in said friendship/relationship/whatever to keep finances going?
It's all very weird to think about but is very interesting to me. I've not really thought of it before, I guess if you build up a friendship/relationship on social media and then market that and make money from it, it's very different to having a private friendship/relationship and keeping it, well, private. Just wondering if anyone's seen this video and has any thoughts on it, maybe a more articulate version of this messy babble. [/offtopic]
I was about to link this here myself if nobody had brought it up yet, I thought it was very interesting indeed. Particularly fascinating how uneasy they all seemed about merging brands and then being 'stuck' together because of the financial consequences of a 'break up', when D&P from what we've seen are very happily sticking together through it all. I'm not worried for them, because they seem happy and it all seems to be fine, but I'd be very interested to know how much they debated and discussed it all before properly upping the double-act marketing.
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: