Dan & Phil Part 41: what in domestication

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Shucks, now we are going to have to melt every time we start up this thread!

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

slightly contentious topic, but hey start as you mean to go on amirite

if dan does a liveshow tonight, do you think he'll discuss the whole isg controversy? if so, how do you think itll go down?
000dia000
emo goose

cherrybomb3 wrote:slightly contentious topic, but hey start as you mean to go on amirite

if dan does a liveshow tonight, do you think he'll discuss the whole isg controversy? if so, how do you think itll go down?
I think the chat will be spamming it, not with an ask for him to address it but instead cringey defence and expressions of admiration of "I hope you're okay Dan, we believe in you uwu"

Dan is kind of unpredictable, if he does not flat out ignore it, I think it will otherwise be on his agenda and he will adress it, probably near the end of his liveshow. I think he will be cool and pretend to be indifferent about it, I also believe he will stress a disconnect between himself and the phandom and miscommunication that went down. I think he will be a little condescending in this approach. Then a little more about creative integrity, procrastination, how ISG is a "controversial" series, but that he genuinely believes that it is helpful and he will stand by that. Finally, ignoring anything about his previously planned video, or how he night be in fault in the situation. He'll promptly drop the discussion without any satisfying conclusion and he'll waffle on about the latest horse prince video.

I wonder if he'll prove me wrong.
:cactus:
hunnyftw
phabergé

000dia000 wrote:I think he will be cool and pretend to be indifferent about it, I also believe he will stress a disconnect between himself and the phandom and miscommunication that went down. I think he will be a little condescending in this approach. Then a little more about creative integrity, procrastination, how ISG is a "controversial" series, but that he genuinely believes that it is helpful and he will stand by that. Finally, ignoring anything about his previously planned video, or how he night be in fault in the situation. He'll promptly drop the discussion without any satisfying conclusion and he'll waffle on about the latest horse prince video.

I wonder if he'll prove me wrong.
Most of this. Plus a healthy dose of the "I'm a mess, always expect nothing from me and then you won't be disappointed" approach.
That is IF he mentions it at all. But I have a feeling he might.

Also hi everybody, how you doin'? I seem to have fallen into the always lurking never posting mode. And let me just say that all of your discussions rocked.
random
crusty sponge

Wait what ISG controversy? Can someone please fill me in? Thanks! :)
AmazingOCD
glabella

WE'RE LIVE and the lag is dreadful
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
gnostic
stress mushroom

random wrote:Wait what ISG controversy? Can someone please fill me in? Thanks! :)
Danny has repeatedly hyped up his upcoming video, and the phandom embraced the hype and run away with it, along with speculations on what it could be considering Dan's mysterious hints as to subject matter

Cue upload of the ISG
Just here for the marketing skills
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

"but whos to say that sucking balls isnt a good thing"

-daniel james howell, march 21st 2017
mio
#relatable

also "I'm gonna write me and Phil on my forehead"
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
fancybum
senpai

Literally wtf is he hinting at about being busy and having no time and being tired the past few weeks. Because my mind is only going to like packing or a SECRET PROJECT that they said wasn't happening this year. He's literally intentionally hinting shit and I'm impatient, stop toying with me.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

My theory is that it's to do with the project idea that Phil kept mentioning in December, but who knows?
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

can we all unite in righteous hatred against the british emergency services for cutting into dans little "i saw some people--" at the end of the liveshow there?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

mio wrote:also "I'm gonna write me and Phil on my forehead"

fancybum wrote:Literally wtf is he hinting at about being busy and having no time and being tired the past few weeks. Because my mind is only going to like packing or a SECRET PROJECT that they said wasn't happening this year. He's literally intentionally hinting shit and I'm impatient, stop toying with me.
I'm not at all surprised that they might be working on a super secret project, despite them telling us that they had no big projects happening.
But yeah whatever it is, I want to know.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I'm surprised how pleasant this ls was! They're usually a bit stressful and exhausting but this one was very calm and lovely. Especially towards the end. And I loved that he talked about LGBTQ* topics in detail. It shows that he cares about it and also informed himself more than just on surface level. It made me happy If only all of his ls were like this. I feel like I've been a bit negative about him recently, but this reminded me why I love him
pulvis et umbra sumus
lishachi
eclipse shirt

very #relatable liveshow but i agree about being a formless blob or whatever he said. and the description he gave about why he wears black. 'to not stand out' literally the same reason for me too. i just prefer to sort out blend in to the background most of the time and not be noticed. also it makes me feel comfortable too.

now what's this about being tired and stuff, what are they up to?? theories anyone??

(i mean i guess it could be organising new merch but would that make him tired fora couple of weeks? idk - possibly)
:biflag: :blackheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

He looked very rosy and snug in that huge hoodie, squish ftw. I'm curious what's going on too, he seemed in a funny mood, bouncing around, but maybe tired or a bit fed up. I'm with him on Riverdale, thought I'd have two episodes to catch up on, not a two-week break. At least we have these guys to sustain us, though. I'm all for the long Horse Prince video, that'll escalate as it goes to some strange places, I'm sure.
mio
#relatable

fancybum wrote:Literally wtf is he hinting at about being busy and having no time and being tired the past few weeks. Because my mind is only going to like packing or a SECRET PROJECT that they said wasn't happening this year. He's literally intentionally hinting shit and I'm impatient, stop toying with me.
THIS!! It's driving me mad, all these hints.

I feel like it is something private he can't talk about but that's definitely on his mind because like if it's a project he could just throw a hint that they are working on something but not a bit. Also what kind of project would have him so stressed and keep him from sleeping for a couple of weeks? That'd be something kinda terribly planned right?

My bet is still on moving. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. He even dragged the flat again.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

He seemed a bit gratingly nervous the first twenty or so minutes (not the high anxiety kind of bad mood but the mildly snappish and also weary kind). But after he quickly broached the ISG (haruing his own fussy behavior) and the youtube agegate situation ( vague disapproval, one sentence that focused more on youtube saying they'd fix it) he kind of just floating along only really answering questions. It's the same thing that Phil did last week, which makes me think they just aren't in a place where they can/will share real life stories, so they're not coming prepared with any.
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

Aw I enjoyed his in-depth talk about sex education and sexuality. His use of the phrase "I like the word 'queer' as an umbrella term" (same btw) was interesting to me. It definitely felt like something only a non-straight person would say, and an indirect admission to him liking calling himself queer? Maybe? It felt like the closest he's come (since formspring) to publicly coming out. As if the male attraction mentions weren't enough, haha xD
malday
emo goose

The way Phil went on about getting his creative juices flowing at the start of the year just made me think he's writing something. But he just went mum about it.
cherrybomb3 wrote:"but whos to say that sucking balls isnt a good thing"

-daniel james howell, march 21st 2017
he was really entertaining this ls, never a dull moment.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Alright, after a week of debating on posting this, I'm just gonna let the cat out of the bag. Specially after this live show.
So I'm like 100% sure Dan and Phil are working on a secret project. Sometime in the week of March 6th, dan started following this managing director for a production company on twitter. This managing director also followed flipside almost right after dan and has been following Phil for ages according to Phil's following. At first I was like oh that's... interesting. Until I noticed that the twitter account for production company followed dan, phil and flipside all at the same time.
All we know is, they're working on something with a production team, which is pretty exciting and might explain the whole "come back to me in five months" thing dan was talking about in his live show from last week and the shifty eyes when saying he knows why he's been so tired. Also, this company honeslty produces everything from what I've seen on their site. From online shorts, to music videos, to documentaries, etc.
Mods, if this isn't ok to post (though all this is literally public knowledge and can easily be found on twitter), feel free to take it down. I wasn't even planning on finding anything like this when I was just looking at Dan's following tab one day. The fact that this Knowledge was quite literally in our faces and no one noticed just leaves me to question, what else has been hiding in plain sight like this?
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
blueapple_x
flower crown

confusedpanda wrote:Alright, after a week of debating on posting this, I'm just gonna let the cat out of the bag. Specially after this live show.
So I'm like 100% sure Dan and Phil are working on a secret project. Sometime in the week of March 6th, dan started following this managing director for a production company on twitter. This managing director also followed flipside almost right after dan and has been following Phil for ages according to Phil's following. At first I was like oh that's... interesting. Until I noticed that the twitter account for production company followed dan, phil and flipside all at the same time.
All we know is, they're working on something with a production team, which is pretty exciting and might explain the whole "come back to me in five months" thing dan was talking about in his live show from last week and the shifty eyes when saying he knows why he's been so tired. Also, this company honeslty produces everything from what I've seen on their site. From online shorts, to music videos, to documentaries, etc.
Mods, if this isn't ok to post (though all this is literally public knowledge and can easily be found on twitter), feel free to take it down. I wasn't even planning on finding anything like this when I was just looking at Dan's following tab one day. The fact that this Knowledge was quite literally in our faces and no one noticed just leaves me to question, what else has been hiding in plain sight like this?
Very interesting...nice observation skills!

What the hell could they be doing? I do think all this talk of being tired, "ask me in 5 months", "emotional rollercoaster--physically" have to do with a secret project.
malday
emo goose

confusedpanda wrote:Alright, after a week of debating on posting this, I'm just gonna let the cat out of the bag. Specially after this live show.
lemonademoney ?
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

malday wrote:
lemonademoney ?
I wasn't sure if I should post the names of the accounts on here, but yes that's the production company
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr