Phanfiction recs to warm us on lonely nights

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Philena
blobfish

anathema wrote:
Philena wrote: eta: There is another fic that I love, but have completely blanked on the title/author. Phil is the new student who just moved back from the US to the UK, a son of extremely wealthy parents. Dan is a swimmer and tutor. They meet at Dan's secret hiding spot, that just so happens to be on Phil's property. Can anyone help me out?!
I think you may mean this one??
Yes, thank you I had forgotten that it is a wip, so probably shouldn't recommend it to anyone!
The_Blonde wrote:what you won't say out loud by augustbird is lovely and bittersweet and
Oh, I had forgotten that one! Ouch! Another one that definitely got under my skin.
Lain
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

Philena wrote: Yes, thank you I had forgotten that it is a wip, so probably shouldn't recommend it to anyone!
I saw the word count and was overcome with joy, but then noticed the 11/? and I've never been so disappointed by a question mark before.

Definitely bookmarking that one, though!
Philena
blobfish

Lain wrote:
Philena wrote: Yes, thank you I had forgotten that it is a wip, so probably shouldn't recommend it to anyone!
I saw the word count and was overcome with joy, but then noticed the 11/? and I've never been so disappointed by a question mark before.

Definitely bookmarking that one, though!
:platonic:
I have a real problem with getting hooked on wips (ahem, The_Blonde ;) ). I am a glutton for punishment.
Lain
eclipse shirt

Philena wrote: :platonic:
I have a real problem with getting hooked on wips (ahem, The_Blonde ;) ). I am a glutton for punishment.
Oh god. Same. Should we start a support group? :itsokay:
backin09
living flop

The_Blonde wrote: And anything by blueshirt but especially but home is just a room (full of my safest sounds)
omg yes!!
without the internet, we never would have met
Philena
blobfish

Lain wrote:
Philena wrote: :platonic:
Oh god. Same. Should we start a support group? :itsokay:
Indeed.

Oh, and I thought of an amazing hs fic! How could I have forgotten The Wanting Comes in Waves?!
http://archiveofourown.org/works/238291 ... adult=true
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

Lain wrote:I was re-reading my all-time favourite phanfic tonight and it made me curious - if you had to pick one single favourite phanfiction (or series), what would it be?
(bit late now but as it's finally the end of the work week and I've found a spare scrap of time for IDB:) I have issues picking single favourites, but I managed to narrow down a shorter list for the fanfic podcast episode (#spon), from the question of which fics you go back to:

can't complain about much these days/Un-birthday - dizzy
Four Seasons - ilxe
here where i feel safe - ficster28
A Mountain You Scale (Without Thinking of Size) - hunterfics
(specifically the first three fics of the) Right Where We Are series - thatsmistertoyou

I think I missed off reading two of these in the actual podcast, but they all deserve to be mentioned equally. and jump a lil higher also belongs on that list, now I've seen it mentioned, and is an excellent example of the 'I'm probably forgetting something I adore' disclaimer I'd meant to give anyway.

Aaand I meant to make an actual rec list with all the fics I originally thought of from that question, but that's yet to materialise itself on the internet...
kay
phabergé

Lain wrote:I was re-reading my all-time favourite phanfic tonight and it made me curious - if you had to pick one single favourite phanfiction (or series), what would it be?

For the record, mine is jump a lil higher by snsk. I've read it so many times it might be best to put some distance between us. :sobs:
I have a bookmarks list as long as my arm so I simultaneously love/hate this question but without a doubt, mine is absolutely Our Threadbare Lies by ramonaspeaks. It's a 2009 fic that sticks to the timeline although interprets it and Voldy in a slightly different way. It's written so wonderfully, so heartfelt and realistic. I re-read parts of it easily once a month.

Other favorites are all these cities and all these towns (you're in my blood, and it's all around) by globesandmaps, can't complain about much these days by dizzy, be the shift of cornerstone by frostbitten_cheeks, and fortune cookies by oqua. I have a special place in my heart for 36 questions by nokomisfics because not only is it wonderful but it's the first phanfic I ever read.

I'm excited to check out everyone's favorites, and thanks dizzy for that great list.
The_Blonde
living flop

achika wrote:I have a bookmarks list as long as my arm so I simultaneously love/hate this question but without a doubt, mine is absolutely Our Threadbare Lies by ramonaspeaks. It's a 2009 fic that sticks to the timeline although interprets it and Voldy in a slightly different way. It's written so wonderfully, so heartfelt and realistic. I re-read parts of it easily once a month
I can't believe I forgot this one (I think it was one of the earliest ones I read so it slipped my mind) - I re-read it this morning after your rec and it's just so lovely. It has some of the best, and most real, dialogue I've read in a D/P fic. Thank you for reminding me of it!
Philena wrote:I have a real problem with getting hooked on wips (ahem, The_Blonde ;) ). I am a glutton for punishment
Ha! I know - for someone who gets hooked on wips (and then devoting a lot of time to checking them and making sure the chapter count didn't go up while I wasn't looking) I definitely end up writing a lot of them. Whoops :?
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Here's a lovely new story that makes the phan trash in me very happy:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7833193
bear
hobbit hair

Philena wrote:
bear wrote:Hey,
Does anyone know any long kinda angsty (but happy ending) high school AUs? Thanks
This came to mind:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/261179 ... rs/5821289
Not super long, but some angst and quite good!
Thank you! I really enjoyed this!
mysterylovescompany wrote:Here's a lovely new story that makes the phan trash in me very happy:

I needed this.
kay
phabergé

mysterylovescompany wrote:Here's a lovely new story that makes the phan trash in me very happy:

I loved this so much, and exactly what I needed right now. Thanks for the rec.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

All the fanfic recs

I would like to be a part of the support group for loving and hating WIP's. Philena I had read that fic a while back and it was so cute but the author disappeared and now I want to know what happened. I get attached to characters too much so I need the closure in their storylines.

Another great WIP if anyone likes pain: An AU where Dan and Phil are secretly fucking while in rival bands. Its pretty great but I neeeed updates:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/462893 ... s/10554420
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

got stars in your eyes by fizza - au where Phil has twin six year old sons and meets Dan at a planetarium. Super fluff, super cute.
anathema
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote:got stars in your eyes by fizza - au where Phil has twin six year old sons and meets Dan at a planetarium. Super fluff, super cute.
How cute!
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

Yesterday was a great day what with dizzy and snsk both uploading…

flung out of space by snsk
Phil is an angel, confirmed

the weather's fine by dizzy
A day in the life of filming a day in the life in Australia
dizzy mending all shippers' hearts ♪
Philena
blobfish

kusunoki masashige wrote:Yesterday was a great day what with dizzy and snsk both uploading…

flung out of space by snsk
Phil is an angel, confirmed

the weather's fine by dizzy
A day in the life of filming a day in the life in Australia
dizzy mending all shippers' hearts ♪
Ha, was just coming here to rec both of those!

And, seriously, thank you to alittledizzy. Just what I needed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

(aww thank you )

Some Things Take Forever by brokenheartedshipper - first meeting/get together story but more poignantly just a melancholy, poignant look at Dan pre-Phil (that blurs pleasantly into a happy love story)
bear
hobbit hair

alittledizzy wrote:(aww thank you )

Some Things Take Forever by brokenheartedshipper - first meeting/get together story but more poignantly just a melancholy, poignant look at Dan pre-Phil (that blurs pleasantly into a happy love story)
Ugh this was so well written.
vortexofphan
drama llama

This thread is great! It's nice to not have to wade through some...well-intentioned but poorly executed attempts at writing. So Thank You all so much.

WIP's also hurt my soul. Some are just so good and unfinished and I'm a mess. I'm currently trying very hard to not read chaptered stories unless they are marked as finished, but sometimes that fails.

Anyway, this got posted today I think. It's short and cute and all the fluffy.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7891174 Either for the First or Last Time by Idiotic Bookworm on AO3
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

I just read this fic and apparently I've read it before, because I'd already left kudos. Huh. Anyway, it's really good, and I might even have discovered it through this thread ages ago, so please excuse me if been posted here before. It's when we need the truth by wrongbed. :platonic:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Very cute D&P Honeymoon/coming out to viewers fic A Day In The Life Of Dan And Phil On Their Honeymoon by umathermanjustwatchedmehavesex
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
Winston
flower crown

A while back someone asked for a fic based on Adele's son "all i ask". I accidentally just wrote one. On ao3. It's an alternative ending to my fic "I'll wait for you ". Just in case that person, who ever you are, is still interested.
actions speak louder than words
fancy_nancy
phabergé

The Dickening is the funniest crack fic i've read in a while loved it
Winston
flower crown

fancy_nancy wrote:The Dickening is the funniest crack fic i've read in a while loved it
I read this too a while ago and my husband kept asking why i was laughing. the only crack fic i have read.
actions speak louder than words