Phanfiction recs to warm us on lonely nights

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

lilMango wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
lilMango wrote:
leisurely wrote:http://archiveofourown.org/works/5229635?
this made me tear up
This is the fist fanfiction that I've ever read about D+P and im genuinely writhing with mental pain and I just want it to stop
I need like a million super happy ones now. My heart is hurting too much :wahh:
oh my god why would you start with a major character death one??

Here, read this series, it's the happiest ever: Right Where We Are by thatsmistertoyou
Thank you, I'm reading the first one of the series and I already feel better. I genuinely don't know why I decided to read a sad one to start out with, bad descision on my part

Also, a little off topic, but is there a reason that "Bear" is Phil's nickname for Dan? I've also seen it used in instagram edits, and im confused because I've never seen it mentioned in any video or anything
He answered a vyou question once saying he had two nicknames, and one of them was "Bear" - its' a family nickname so it didn't originate with Phil.

also bc it's cute:

And I think Phil calls him 'bear' in a baking video somewhere but I am not one of those magical people good at pulling video sources out of nowhere, sorry!
hophigh
squish

alittledizzy wrote:
lilMango wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
lilMango wrote:
this made me tear up
This is the fist fanfiction that I've ever read about D+P and im genuinely writhing with mental pain and I just want it to stop

Here, read this series, it's the happiest ever: Right Where We Are by thatsmistertoyou
Thank you, I'm reading the first one of the series and I already feel better. I genuinely don't know why I decided to read a sad one to start out with, bad descision on my part

Also, a little off topic, but is there a reason that "Bear" is Phil's nickname for Dan? I've also seen it used in instagram edits, and im confused because I've never seen it mentioned in any video or anything
He answered a vyou question once saying he had two nicknames, and one of them was "Bear" - its' a family nickname so it didn't originate with Phil.

also bc it's cute:

And I think Phil calls him 'bear' in a baking video somewhere but I am not one of those magical people good at pulling video sources out of nowhere, sorry!
http://longlivedansvyous.tumblr.com/pos ... uly-6-2011

here's the full vid!!!

(also if you want another fluffy fic i can't recommend this one enough!!! http://galaxyphan.tumblr.com/post/12391 ... word-count)
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Somewhat off topic but does anyone know why there's a common phanfiction trope that one of them says 'you're real' to the other when they meet at Manchester station? Is it a fan invention or did either of them mention somewhere that it happened?
lilMango
morning quiff

hophigh wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
lilMango wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
lilMango wrote:
leisurely wrote:http://archiveofourown.org/works/5229635? this made me tear up

also bc it's cute:

http://longlivedansvyous.tumblr.com/pos ... uly-6-2011

here's the full vid!!!

(also if you want another fluffy fic i can't recommend this one enough!!! http://galaxyphan.tumblr.com/post/12391 ... -count)
With I had a "thank you" button, but this will have to do:
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

spider wrote:Somewhat off topic but does anyone know why there's a common phanfiction trope that one of them says 'you're real' to the other when they meet at Manchester station? Is it a fan invention or did either of them mention somewhere that it happened?
Considering that I don't think they've ever told the story of meeting in the train station (we have dan and phil's tweets from that day/before that day, but never them talking about it after, and it was really only until the whole "phil trash #1" comment did dan own up to how they came to meet in a general sense), I'm 99% sure it was a fan invention. probably just based on the fact that "you're real" seems like a response to meeting someone you've only talked to online.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

greatnessflicker wrote:
spider wrote:Somewhat off topic but does anyone know why there's a common phanfiction trope that one of them says 'you're real' to the other when they meet at Manchester station? Is it a fan invention or did either of them mention somewhere that it happened?
Considering that I don't think they've ever told the story of meeting in the train station (we have dan and phil's tweets from that day/before that day, but never them talking about it after, and it was really only until the whole "phil trash #1" comment did dan own up to how they came to meet in a general sense), I'm 99% sure it was a fan invention. probably just based on the fact that "you're real" seems like a response to meeting someone you've only talked to online.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a fan thing. The only verification we'd have would be on twitter and I think if either of them had tweeted (or I guess dailybooth'd) that, it would make the tumblr rounds regularly and would be more familiar.
cherry
crusty sponge

alittledizzy wrote: And I think Phil calls him 'bear' in a baking video somewhere but I am not one of those magical people good at pulling video sources out of nowhere, sorry!
I think this is the moment you're referring to! somewhere around 5:18

the rumors are terrible and cruel
but, honey, most of them are true
mez29
procrastinator

cherry wrote:
alittledizzy wrote: And I think Phil calls him 'bear' in a baking video somewhere but I am not one of those magical people good at pulling video sources out of nowhere, sorry!
I think this is the moment you're referring to! somewhere around 5:18

Yeah, I've never believed that. It sounds like he's just saying "there" but because of where they put the cut the "th" just sounds a bit distorted.
somelikeitpink
living flop

Oh my god so I need to rec this (and then somebody needs to read it and talk to me about it)

Greedy by loverboylester

Dan and Phil have a friends with benefits situation. I almost felt in the beginning that Dan was too whiny and Phil was just an ass but to be honest it's so in character and tied up so well in the end.. Everything makes sense then.

It's really gorgeous if something wants to read it. I think I can almost believe something like that happened if it wasn't for me believing voldy was real.
kay
phabergé

somelikeitpink wrote:Oh my god so I need to rec this (and then somebody needs to read it and talk to me about it)

Greedy by loverboylester

Dan and Phil have a friends with benefits situation. I almost felt in the beginning that Dan was too whiny and Phil was just an ass but to be honest it's so in character and tied up so well in the end.. Everything makes sense then.

It's really gorgeous if something wants to read it. I think I can almost believe something like that happened if it wasn't for me believing voldy was real.
I felt the same way about this, was getting really annoyed with the characters and then bam, I've read like 6 chapters because I got sucked in. I loved it a lot.
faerietales
phillion/danosaur <//3

somelikeitpink wrote:
this made me tear up
oh my god no. Not this one. that one just kills me. I genuinely tear up when I just think about it.
I remember when I first read it I was in shock for literally 2 days, having to reassure myself dan was alive and healthy and okay.
I have never cried reading a fanfic before... this one killed me- so well written, but I was sobbing the entire time! :wahh:
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

achika wrote:
somelikeitpink wrote:Oh my god so I need to rec this (and then somebody needs to read it and talk to me about it)

Greedy by loverboylester

I felt the same way about this, was getting really annoyed with the characters and then bam, I've read like 6 chapters because I got sucked in. I loved it a lot.
Wow, I forgot how much I love this fic. I just reread it. I swear that I can feel the emotions as if they're my own.
To add to the character conversation though, the ending really annoys me.
A whole fic full of angst just to be neatly resolved like that with forgiveness? I understand to have a happy ending Dan had to forgive Phil, but I as the reader still felt angry at Phil :sideeye:
lucydenia
placenta

these are the two fanfics that i remember being OBSESSED with.

http://flamboyant-lester.tumblr.com/dam ... ndevilsins - Damaged Skin and Evil Sins: hella angst. pretty sad, pretty dark. really good tbh
http://archiveofourown.org/works/503911 ... s/11585110 - Forgive Me: dystopian government, Dan is a royal, Phil is his servant. the romance is a bit slow paced, but the build up makes it worth it. hella drama. SO good

not sure if they'll warm you on a lonely night, but those are the two that immediately popped into my head and are definitely worth the read
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

does anyone remember the fic where they're in a changing room cubicle, and i think one of them gets stuck in tight skinny jeans, the zip won't move or something, and the other one 'helps' them? i need it for...science.

i look forward to checking out people's recs when i have more time, and adding some of my own.

i'd probably just say alittledizzy and ramonaspeaks on ao3, though. and i'm picky on my writers. to understate.
art in avatar by lily
colfreckles
drama llama

Bless this thread.
mintsans
sofa crease

Does anyone here participates in the phandom big bang? Do you follow it? If so what are your favorite fics to come out of it?

One of mine's probably Eudaimonia

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10076809/1/Eudaimonia-Phan
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I had planned on waiting until I had a list of fics to rec but I have to get ahead of myself a little just to red this one:

only for a season by kay_okay - this is the most intense fic about getting off/sexting that I've read in a while. It just feels like it's about so much more, and the end had my stomach in knots in a hurting but happy way.
kay
phabergé

I went on vacation awhile back so I wanted to rec some long fics (10k+) that I had downloaded to my phone to re-read as I didn't have international cell phone connection/reliable wifi in a lot of the places. I know some of these are already well-known, but just in case anyone hasn't read them yet, I highly recommend it.

if lost, return to phil by thatsmistertoyou - legendary so I'm assuming tons of people have read it but if not, it's probably top 5 favorite long fics ever, the angst hits you real hard in the middle though and I won't say much more but man do I want to

our threadbare lies by ramonaspeaks - probably the best 2009 fic I've ever read.

a map of my heart and mind by cadensaurus - accidental marriage fic with an ungodly amount of slow burn, I never read WIPs and this one sucked me in real good (it's finished now though so )

the wanting comes in waves by porphyrophobiac - high school AU set in wales, Dan is a misunderstood rebel who burns books on hillsides and Phil's the new kid with his own troubled past that tangles himself up with him. The characters feel so real, they're written so well and they get you so invested. So much about this made me want to reach through the computer and punch this Dan in the face but augh, I can't spoil it, read it and come back on here so we can talk about it
alittledizzy wrote:I had planned on waiting until I had a list of fics to rec but I have to get ahead of myself a little just to red this one:

only for a season by kay_okay - this is the most intense fic about getting off/sexting that I've read in a while. It just feels like it's about so much more, and the end had my stomach in knots in a hurting but happy way.
I'm legit blushing over here this is so sweet thank you
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

I read this for two hours...

My feelings can never be fixed.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

grazieninseenot
smol bean

Anonymousse wrote:
I read this for two hours...

My feelings can never be fixed.
That fic broke me. I read it when I had friends sleeping over and was (unsuccessfully) trying to hide my sniffles in the middle of the night...
daphenaxa
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote:I had planned on waiting until I had a list of fics to rec but I have to get ahead of myself a little just to red this one:

that was GOOD
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
TSA
dank meme

I have a hundred recs because I'm phanfic , but I think four will be enough for now.

litany in which certain things are crossed out: Dan has a List, and he has a dingy flat with a broken heater, and a bunch of papers with half-formed ideas on them. And then one day, he has a Phil.
This entire story is just so well-written and the chemistry between D&P beautifully betrayed, and the ending was so well done and I think this could easily be my favourite fic.

The World's Gonna Know Your Name: There's no summary but basically Phil texts the wrong number and it's actually Dan who is a famous actor that Phil's a fan of and it's adorable.

First Words: everyone is born with the first words their soulmates are ever going to say to them etched across their skin; Phil hates his. But when he meets his soulmate everything turns out a little different than he expected.
A soulmate!AU that's only 1k words long but so so sweet and kinda angsty.

Beside A Box Of Matches: high school au in which phil lester, the new kid with the black leather jacket and dirty sketchbook, meets dan howell, the kid no one even realised was there
This one's just really really well written and beautiful.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Gotta rec dizzy's new fic.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/655577 ... adult=true
I loved it- I love high school aus. I thought it was adorable and in-character.
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

spaceguitar wrote:Gotta rec dizzy's new fic.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/655577 ... adult=true
I loved it- I love high school aus. I thought it was adorable and in-character.
It was amazing! alittledizzy, I thought reality-based fics were your thing, but it turns out your thing is good writing! Your characters, even in aus, have such a real feel to them. it. you.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aw thank you, spaceguitar and kusunoki masashige! It was my first attempt at a phan au so I'm glad you liked it. :)