Dan & Phil Part 42: lying makes you go to hell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

gif credit: danhowellgifs

gif credit: lestersangel

gif credit: gravedelight

#danandphilLIES

Yay; lets carry on the moving discussion
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

I love the gifs!!
I hope that the discussion of deppy moving continues on the thread. It's so interesting how convinced some people are and hearing everyone's reasons. It's all very compelling and I really hope everyone is correct. I love living vicariously through them.
I am always on Phil Lester's side
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Birdie wrote:
missemma wrote:I do hope they go somewhere and their address doesn't leak or get found out and they can have a bit of 'normality' for a change, rather than having fans stalking their street.
Did this actually happen after their address got leaked? :?
This still happens. People regularly loiter around their apartment hoping to meet them. The discomfort radiating off of D&P in those photos is so real. That's the one upside to them living in an apartment building rather than a house right now - people can't knock on their door like fans have done to other YouTubers. (And I'm certain they would, given the chance.)

So, I kinda really hope D&P are moving into a fancy penthouse condo situation with a big garden on a roof for a potential dog. Because, while I think it's totally doable for them to hide their new address, I have a distinct feeling the Phandom will figure it out, and when that happens any potential house - gated or not - will get visitors. :?

In other news, I had a pang of sadness today, because if we're all right and they are moving and the shelves are empty and the paintings are down and the dressers and nightstands are clear..... The flat isn't the same anymore. And they're leaving for real. And all the things that happened in there and the memories and wow, the Truck of Emotion just ran me over.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

rizzo wrote:
Birdie wrote:
missemma wrote:I do hope they go somewhere and their address doesn't leak or get found out and they can have a bit of 'normality' for a change, rather than having fans stalking their street.
This still happens. People regularly loiter around their apartment hoping to meet them. The discomfort radiating off of D&P in those photos is so real. That's the one upside to them living in an apartment building rather than a house right now - people can't knock on their door like fans have done to other YouTubers. (And I'm certain they would, given the chance.)

So, I kinda really hope D&P are moving into a fancy penthouse condo situation with a big garden on a roof for a potential dog. Because, while I think it's totally doable for them to hide their new address, I have a distinct feeling the Phandom will figure it out, and when that happens any potential house - gated or not - will get visitors. :?
Oh no, gross. I was hoping it wasn't happening. I remember what happened when Zoe's address leaked and all these people were ringing her doorbell all the time and waiting for her outside... It must have been so scary. So yes, it's good deppy live in an apartment building right now and people can't get to them like that. If they're moving, I hope they choose a safe place too.
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

Birdie wrote:
rizzo wrote:
Birdie wrote:

Oh no, gross. I was hoping it wasn't happening. I remember what happened when Zoe's address leaked and all these people were ringing her doorbell all the time and waiting for her outside... It must have been so scary. So yes, it's good deppy live in an apartment building right now and people can't get to them like that. If they're moving, I hope they choose a safe place too.
If they're moving into a house, it better be somewhere like IoM where the Phandom will have less of an access, or else... they'll have cameras watching them at night. I know the feeling of wanting to meet your idols, but... really? They don't share their address on the internet for a reason :sideeye: There's this thing called "boundaries" and "privacy". Don't they know that? :sideeye:
kattsand
smol bean

CallMeAyana wrote: There's this thing called "boundaries" and "privacy". Don't they know that? :sideeye:
What are you talking about? We, as fans, definitely have the right to visit Dan and Phil whenever we want. Who cares about people's private lives as long as I get that selfie? :platonic: No unjust sense of entitlement here!/s

I don't get wtf is wrong with people who do stuff like that, seriously. I'm still waiting for the first youtuber-stalker-murder to happen and everyone's reactions. "WE NEVER SAW IT COMING" mhm sure
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

kattsand wrote:
CallMeAyana wrote: There's this thing called "boundaries" and "privacy". Don't they know that? :sideeye:
What are you talking about? We, as fans, definitely have the right to visit Dan and Phil whenever we want. Who cares about people's private lives as long as I get that selfie? :platonic: No unjust sense of entitlement here!/s

I don't get wtf is wrong with people who do stuff like that, seriously. I'm still waiting for the first youtuber-stalker-murder to happen and everyone's reactions. "WE NEVER SAW IT COMING" mhm sure
Pretty much already happened with Christina Grimmie last year, even if her fame already went beyond YouTube relevancy.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote:So, I kinda really hope D&P are moving into a fancy penthouse condo situation with a big garden on a roof for a potential dog. Because, while I think it's totally doable for them to hide their new address, I have a distinct feeling the Phandom will figure it out, and when that happens any potential house - gated or not - will get visitors. :?
a) I also think there's a good chance they'd go for a fancy penthouse condo situation. I'm not even entirely convinced they'll buy. It would be smart, I guess, financially - but if they're in a place right now where they want a dog and more space but aren't thinking so far ahead as needing, say, multiple extra bedrooms for future additions... then they might just want an upgrade for a few years while they still figure out the permanent decisions.

b) fandom will definitely figure the address out. Another reason for them to be super lowkey about moving, though - so people don't pinpoint dates where things actually start happening and stalk them there. I feel like if they announced they were moving fans would be crawling all over the street the flat is on thinking that it's more acceptable if they're almost moved out anyway.
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon

kattsand wrote:

Oh, sorry about that. "Boundaries" and "privacy" are only applied to actual celebrities. I almost forgot that Dan and Phil should be happy that fans want to meet them, since their fans are the ones paying the rent, and no, I don't feel entitled. Not at all! Besides, what's up with that "private life"? They should just vlog themselves eating Crunchy Nut everyday since we're their fans! We also should totally wait for them outside their flat. Well, who is coming with me?!
blackdenim
procrastinator

I read somewhere that when Zoe lived in that flat in Brighton, people used to stand in the street in earshot of her window and scream 'ZOE!!" all day, can you imagine living like that!?

People are SO blatant about hanging out on D&P's street, I think they think it's acceptable because it's kind of a main road. When their address first got leaked my dad asked me if it was a new trend to draw whiskers on your face, because he saw a fair few people standing around on the high street with them on.

It's such a bizarre concept that anyone would think it's worth making their faves uncomfortable and invading their personal space just to get a selfie!? Like that's literally all you get, a picture. And I suppose lots of people on Twitter @replying you with your name in caps!

If D&P had aneurysms that caused them to express the wish to form life-long friendships with fans who waited outside their house then I could see the appeal. But for a picture and a 20-second at best interaction where the other person is clearly not enjoying themselves it absolutely does not make sense to me.
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon

alittledizzy wrote:
rizzo wrote:So, I kinda really hope D&P are moving into a fancy penthouse condo situation with a big garden on a roof for a potential dog. Because, while I think it's totally doable for them to hide their new address, I have a distinct feeling the Phandom will figure it out, and when that happens any potential house - gated or not - will get visitors. :?
a) I also think there's a good chance they'd go for a fancy penthouse condo situation. I'm not even entirely convinced they'll buy. It would be smart, I guess, financially - but if they're in a place right now where they want a dog and more space but aren't thinking so far ahead as needing, say, multiple extra bedrooms for future additions... then they might just want an upgrade for a few years while they still figure out the permanent decisions.

b) fandom will definitely figure the address out. Another reason for them to be super lowkey about moving, though - so people don't pinpoint dates where things actually start happening and stalk them there. I feel like if they announced they were moving fans would be crawling all over the street the flat is on thinking that it's more acceptable if they're almost moved out anyway.
Sooner or later, the Phandom will know their address, so I do hope that they'll move to a fancy condo. The Phandom is terrifying. Just imagine if Deppy's situation will be like Zoe's...
blackdenim wrote:I read somewhere that when Zoe lived in that flat in Brighton, people used to stand in the street in earshot of her window and scream 'ZOE!!" all day, can you imagine living like that!?

People are SO blatant about hanging out on D&P's street, I think they think it's acceptable because it's kind of a main road. When their address first got leaked my dad asked me if it was a new trend to draw whiskers on your face, because he saw a fair few people standing around on the high street with them on.

It's such a bizarre concept that anyone would think it's worth making their faves uncomfortable and invading their personal space just to get a selfie!? Like that's literally all you get, a picture. And I suppose lots of people on Twitter @replying you with your name in caps!

If D&P had aneurysms that caused them to express the wish to form life-long friendships with fans who waited outside their house then I could see the appeal. But for a picture and a 20-second at best interaction where the other person is clearly not enjoying themselves it absolutely does not make sense to me.
They also kinda forget that Deppy are actually people? Just because Deppy seems to be "approachable", that doesn't mean that it's "fine" for anyone to wait outside their flat. That's just crossing the line. Years later, those same teenagers will probably cringe at what they have done, and will probably regret it for the rest of their lives.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote:a) I also think there's a good chance they'd go for a fancy penthouse condo situation. I'm not even entirely convinced they'll buy. It would be smart, I guess, financially - but if they're in a place right now where they want a dog and more space but aren't thinking so far ahead as needing, say, multiple extra bedrooms for future additions... then they might just want an upgrade for a few years while they still figure out the permanent decisions.

I just can't picture them getting another "in between" place. I think they've established themselves as city people, but now need something bigger and long term. Moving is hell on fire and I doubt they want to do it again any time soon. And honestly, if they don't buy, I'm gonna side-eye them into the next epoch.

Didn't consider the point about trying to throw the timeline off to protect their new address. That makes total sense and explains the secrecy of it all. Hmmmm...
blackdenim wrote:It's such a bizarre concept that anyone would think it's worth making their faves uncomfortable and invading their personal space just to get a selfie!? Like that's literally all you get, a picture. And I suppose lots of people on Twitter @replying you with your name in caps!
P r e a c h.
blackdenim
procrastinator

CallMeAyana wrote:
They also kinda forget that Deppy are actually people? Just because Deppy seems to be "approachable", that doesn't mean that it's "fine" for anyone to wait outside their flat. That's just crossing the line. Years later, those same teenagers will probably cringe at what they have done, and will probably regret it for the rest of their lives.
That's kind of what I meant, I didn't phrase it very well. They're fans - D&P are supposed to be people they love (cheesy but whatever) and care about! How bad would they feel if strangers were hanging out on their street waiting for them to come out of their house? Why would they ever want Dan and Phil to feel like that? It's horrible.

But I think (some) teenagers are always gonna teenage and like you say, they probably don't really think of D&P as 'real people'.
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

I don't know if this is the same for all flats/ apartments/ condos but I was under the impression you weren't allowed to paint the walls or hang anything up (though obviously Deppy went for hanging up their pictures after all), so there's a limit to how personal and homelike you can make your rented accommodation feel. Dan talking about colour palettes and changing his setup (i.e. redecorating) made it sound like he wanted to do some painting/ make his room look more homely. So maybe they will buy, rather than rent? Maybe now's a good time as any to buy, while they're still financially secure. But buying in London must be expensive af, and as other people have said, maybe they're just getting an upgrade for now and will move somewhere more comfortable and less busy after a few more years.

I'm not feeling too emotional yet, though I might later, as I'm too busy dreaming about how cute their new place could potentially look if they were able to fully, freely customise their own space

Don't mind me just picturing them in a little suburban bungalow in Brighton/IoM in the year 2073

I found out the area they live completely accidentally from someone mentioning it on a thread many moons ago, no research required. Definitely time to move. I wonder if people approach them every time they step out the door, even if it's to just get some milk? I already make enough excuses to not go outside, so if that was going to happen to me every time then I'd probably never leave the house again.

I sincerely hope people who do this come to realise what they're doing is wrong, and don't come away from the experience completely oblivious.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Work has been stupidly busy for me lately so I haven't been taking itme to go back and rewatch liveshows. I don't like not posting timestamps though so here's the quick and dirty ones I took during the liveshow itself.
1:20 - New dinof video talk.
4:42 - "As anyone with a best friend will know" "true way to show your friendship" re: being rude to Phil.
5:01 - Phil is not a mean person.
5:16 - So honored to have gotten Phil's glabella.
6:11 - He and Phil doing a lot of traveling soon.
6:27 - Phil said Dan should do more videos casually reacting, instead of not uploading for weeks.
6:48 - Content quality barrier.
8:04 - Crafts video.
10:57 - "If you got anything out of that shirtless Phil seen, honestly, I don't - I have nothing to say to you."
13:15 - His shirt is a good texture to rub between his hands.
13:55 - "Be super direct and scare them." advice to someone to tell their crush they like them
15:22 - Monologue about people outside of fandom watching his videos.
15:38 - He got a message from his Sunday School teacher from 20 years ago. "Humble Christian grandmother." "How her hopes for me have just gone horribly wrong."
17:54 - Daddy list
18:09 - Australia next week. "Preparing things."
19:14 - CEO of Youtube meeting.
19:50 - Shitty Watercolour: no depths he won't go to.
20:54 - Video was originally 25 minutes long.
23:54 - "You could say I'm relocating it." re: Wirrow painting
24:42 - Today they had lunch with Laura who is the head of the Internet Creator's Guild/used to run Vidcon.
25:00 - Fanservice.
25:33 - Met up with his mum. Borrowed his coat.
26:52 - "Not got the right hat on." to Johnny
27:50 - Baby weasels.
29:23 - Sword of Damoclese, why he's relocating painting.
32:33 - Project Make Dan's Video Background More Aesthetic
33:55 - Phil isn't doing a liveshow this week, but is uploading a video instead.
35:00 - Phil video stuff just before this timestamp
35:38 - "ballache"
36:25 - Attack on Titan
37:20 - ASMR with keys
38:33 - DAPC all completely improvised and done on the day of April Fools.
38:58 - Dan implying he edits it.
42:22 - Ten more years before he can have sexy facial hair.
44:31 - Traumatized by not getting his food order yesterday.
45:28 - DIY store reference.
46:34 - No food at the house.
49:02 - Fantastic Foursome reunion (that no one asked for).
49:22 - "I could do with a massage right now." Tense shoulders from hunching.
50:46 - Sonic is a gateway to furry fandom. Furry confirmation.
kattsand
smol bean

thephandommenace wrote:I don't know if this is the same for all flats/ apartments/ condos but I was under the impression you weren't allowed to paint the walls or hang anything up
I think it depends on the apartment/landlord, but I think you're generally correct. I've lived in three different flats, all with different attitudes. First one had a no-altering-allowed apart from minor stuff (making holes when hanging up paintings, for example) but we weren't allowed to paint/hang up lamps etc. But that place was like from the 1910's and they were very careful about what they did in it.

Second place allowed you to change whatever you wanted, but you may become obliged to restore the flat to it's original state when you move out again. Third and current place basically lets us do whatever the fuck we want because it's really run down and the LL don't give a shit lol.

Sorry, this got pretty rant-y, but since their flat seems to be fairly "young," I don't think they'd have too many restrictions on what to do, but with flats like that they'd most likely have to pay for the "restoration" (ie if they painted a wall blue, they had to then paint it white again or pay for someone else to do it) when they eventually move out. So it's a plausible theory, but IDK if they'd would move because of it?
Last edited by kattsand on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Confirmation of the liveshow-replacing upload schedule from Phil I'm very glad to see they've learned from last summer and the whole 'abandoning your audience for like a month' thing cause that drought was brutal Edit: also I just realized, happy 1 year anniversary of our first proper IDB find aka me and spider blessing the internet with fetus Phil on the Weakest Link
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

These discussions are very interesting! I had assumed they might buy, but I hadn't thought about the whole privacy issue (ugh, I hate thinking about people stalking their home :( ). So perhaps they will still go a penthouse/condo route. But I also feel as though, if they are moving, it will be something more permanent. Considering their homebody/sedentary lifestyle, I can't imagine them wanting to relocate for only a few years and then move again.

And re: emotions - I am not totally there yet. But I do feel this buzz of knowing that, likely, changes will be happening, and that being exciting and terrifying at the same time. If/when they do move and start uploading videos in the new house, then I will likely go on a binge-watch of mourning the old apartment.
bluebox-away wrote:Confirmation of the liveshow-replacing upload schedule from Phil I'm very glad to see they've learned from last summer and the whole 'abandoning your audience for like a month' thing cause that drought was brutal Edit: also I just realized, happy 1 year anniversary of our first proper IDB find aka me and spider blessing the internet with fetus Phil on the Weakest Link
I also suspect that they're being so good with pre-making content for the next month because it's their only stream of revenue right now. For USA tatinof, they were making money from the shows, so not having any videos/liveshows during that time was probably more feasible. But they likely can't be MIA for a month now if they're relying on Youtube again as their main earner. I am also very happy about it though, as I feel as though the content will likely be good to make up for their absence. Maybe I should lower my expectations, though.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

bluebox-away wrote:Confirmation of the liveshow-replacing upload schedule from Phil I'm very glad to see they've learned from last summer and the whole 'abandoning your audience for like a month' thing cause that drought was brutal Edit: also I just realized, happy 1 year anniversary of our first proper IDB find aka me and spider blessing the internet with fetus Phil on the Weakest Link
They don't have anymore glorified scrapbooks to sell us :')
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bluebox-away wrote:Confirmation of the liveshow-replacing upload schedule from Phil I'm very glad to see they've learned from last summer and the whole 'abandoning your audience for like a month' thing cause that drought was brutal
I'm very happy that we won't have to experience another drought. :D
gnostic
stress mushroom

SquishPhan wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:Confirmation of the liveshow-replacing upload schedule from Phil I'm very glad to see they've learned from last summer and the whole 'abandoning your audience for like a month' thing cause that drought was brutal
I'm very happy that we won't have to experience another drought. :D
I love how Phil is talking about himself yet Twitter comments automatically assume the same applies to Dan xd. Wonder if Mr Howell will do the same
Just here for the marketing skills
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

gnostic wrote:I love how Phil is talking about himself yet Twitter comments automatically assume the same applies to Dan xd. Wonder if Mr Howell will do the same
Dan said in his liveshow that there would be videos uploaded on their normal liveshow days (and he was specifying himself and Phil, I believe) - he just didn't say they would be main channel ones.
hunnyftw
phabergé

There are two types of people...
obliviongrace wrote:I also suspect that they're being so good with pre-making content for the next month because it's their only stream of revenue right now. For USA tatinof, they were making money from the shows, so not having any videos/liveshows during that time was probably more feasible. But they likely can't be MIA for a month now if they're relying on Youtube again as their main earner. I am also very happy about it though, as I feel as though the content will likely be good to make up for their absence. Maybe I should lower my expectations, though.
Catallena wrote:They don't have anymore glorified scrapbooks to sell us :')
I love how you two said almost the same thing but the vibes are very different. And the fact that your posts come one after the other makes it even more visible

Now, whatever the motives may be, I still deeply appreciate Phil's upload plan. However I think I would be shocked out of existence if Dan decided to follow suit with dinof videos. Really can't see that happening tbh.
swofro
angel bean

Offtopic from the current topic.
I was reading r/outoftheloop today and I saw this

(to anyone who doesn't know, r/outoftheloop is a subreddit where people catch up or ask about recent news or memes)

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/c ... _and_neat/

:facepalm:
I find it cringe that people are spamming this
Love is forever
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

thinking about it now im actually really excited, if deppy are actually moving. bc it would give them more privacy from stalking fans (if they get they get a house in the middle of nowhere lol), and if they bought a house, they could basically do whatever they wanted with it. like...a DOG i would die if they finally got a dog omg. an im just imagining them living in a big, nicely sized house and they just.. watch a buncha movies together with their dog and omg jeez im trash :gg:

but yes, if they are moving (which im..pretty confident they are), im very excited about it..but also sad at the same time, bc the london flat holds so many memories ;-;
:transheart: