Dan & Phil Part 42: lying makes you go to hell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
misakichan274
delia smith
Pronouns: she/they

Been a while since I caught up on the thread here, I love the moving discussion and mostly believe they're moving sometime this year but maybe not right away On that note, I'm really really happy and excited that they're going on an insanely long almost three week holiday surrounding 2 days of the convention love that they can and are doing that, I'll just be patiently and vicariously waiting for scraps of selfies (maybe a vlog if we're lucky)

Loved Phil's video so much! I laughed aloud almost throughout, was the perfect good ol' AP video I didn't realise I had missed or needed Phil looked gorgeous, the humour was on point and the chapstick bit was hilarious. Not a giant fan of the hair but I couldn't stop staring at his eyes and wish the hair dye wasn't paste and he actually dyed it silver. His semi-haul videos have always been some of my favourites and it was all very neat and lovely.
I also love how Phil went from full promo to no promo and didn't mention or even link the gaming channel in the video haha and another cheeky Dan mention with no explanation making him sound like an exasperated partner
Looking forward to the coming videos, so glad they put in so much work for the vids during their holiday
blueapple_x
flower crown

In the tags Phil put "chilli prank". Considering what Dan said in his liveshow and the fact Phil pointed out it would be a good prank, I think it's safe to assume we can expect a LAP vid of him pranking Dan at some point :D

(Pretend it's a pepper)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

hunnyftw wrote:There are two types of people...
obliviongrace wrote:I also suspect that they're being so good with pre-making content for the next month because it's their only stream of revenue right now. For USA tatinof, they were making money from the shows, so not having any videos/liveshows during that time was probably more feasible. But they likely can't be MIA for a month now if they're relying on Youtube again as their main earner. I am also very happy about it though, as I feel as though the content will likely be good to make up for their absence. Maybe I should lower my expectations, though.
Catallena wrote:They don't have anymore glorified scrapbooks to sell us :')
I love how you two said almost the same thing but the vibes are very different. And the fact that your posts come one after the other makes it even more visible

Now, whatever the motives may be, I still deeply appreciate Phil's upload plan. However I think I would be shocked out of existence if Dan decided to follow suit with dinof videos. Really can't see that happening tbh.
Well as IDB's resident hater of books, tours and fun I have a reputation to uphold.
JustMe wrote:I absolutely LOVE that it hasn't even crossed anyone's mind that they might be moving apart :D
Believe me it's been crossing my mind for the past 4 years and I have a panic attack over it every month just so I know that I'm only fooling myself when I say I'm not super invested in Depz lives anymore. It's always in the back of my mind, lurking

Phil's video was nothing out of the ordinary, but I enjoyed it as some light hearted entertainment and I've been in a pretty sour mood all day so that's good. I do hope we get a LAP video of Phil tricking Danny into eating one of those gummy bears though, that's the type of content I'm here for
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple
Pronouns: she/her

blueapple_x wrote::onfire:
(Pretend it's a pepper)
omg so much habanero pepper everywhere
I am always on Phil Lester's side
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:
blueapple_x wrote::onfire:
(Pretend it's a pepper)
omg so much habanero pepper everywhere

you cheeky shit
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I loved everything about that video but when he tried to wash down the chili gummy bears with the black water, I lost it. It's basically a typical Phil video, I love how light and funny they are even though they're not too complex. I really liked it and I totally believe Phil when he says he bought all this stuff on a whim. The silver hair was a mistake though.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i loved phil's new video. it was cute and light hearted and made me laugh a few times. it was cute and just what i needed for today :D
:transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

look not to be repetitive but I'm still stuck on the Tinman handjob reference

(in a theoretical Wizard of Oz based orgy, would Dan be Dorothy? Would Phil be the Scarecrow? Would the involvement of the Cowardly Lion make it a furry situation or a bestiality one? These are the questions I have right now, because it's this or look at the actual world news and I need a full night's sleep or possibly a few shots before I dive into that.)
chunchun
phillion/danosaur <//3

I liked Phil's new video, I did kind of have a feeling of wanting like...more? I also thought he was going to actually dye his hair haha but other than that I did enjoy it. I want to see that LAP video too, I live for when Phil pranks Dan or just gives him a hard time because Phil riling up Dan is always funny.

Also the moving thing, I hadn't considered them moving apart thing either...omg...now I'm just kind of sad lol. I guess I live too vicariously through them, because I really just want to see the experience of them taking that next step in life together
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote:look not to be repetitive but I'm still stuck on the Tinman handjob reference

(in a theoretical Wizard of Oz based orgy, would Dan be Dorothy? Would Phil be the Scarecrow? Would the involvement of the Cowardly Lion make it a furry situation or a bestiality one? These are the questions I have right now, because it's this or look at the actual world news and I need a full night's sleep or possibly a few shots before I dive into that.)
Frankly, I'm offended that your first assumption was so misplaced. Dan as Dorothy? Phil as a the Scarecrow?! Wrong. So wrong.

Phil is clearly the Cowardly Lion and, given the reference in the video, Dan's the Tin Man. No heart might as well be the same thing as the lack of soul he so often references. And since when has Phil ever been the courageous one? Obviously the Lion.

It's like you don't even remember lube oil!gate. Ugh.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

alittledizzy wrote:look not to be repetitive but I'm still stuck on the Tinman handjob reference

You prompted me to go back and rewatch the handjob reference, and I noticed that the inner lid of the hair goop is stuck to Phil's left arm for almost the entire time he's putting it on his head. Between that and the extra chapstick on his face, he was extra sloppy (rushed?) in this one. Still a cute, if not particularly exciting, video.

Yeah, Dan would be Dorothy, or possibly the Cowardly Lion. I'd put Phil as the Tin Man, actually, which puts the silver-smeared hands in a different light .

Is the news that bad atm? Oh, yes, never mind. :sobs:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote:Phil is clearly the Cowardly Lion and, given the reference in the video, Dan's the Tin Man. No heart might as well be the same thing as the lack of soul he so often references. And since when has Phil ever been the courageous one? Obviously the Lion.
LeftHandedism wrote:Yeah, Dan would be Dorothy, or possibly the Cowardly Lion. I'd put Phil as the Tin Man, actually, which puts the silver-smeared hands in a different light .
Wait wait wait, I forgot about Toto - maybe Dan as the puppy, Phil as the Lion? Maximum fursona fun achieved?
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

I would cast Phil as Dorothy- sweet, kind, curious
and Dan is clearly the Cowardly Lion except instead of being afraid of normal things he's just afraid of death and not uploading videos with artistic integrity

Doesn't really incorporate the Tin Man reference but
I am always on Phil Lester's side
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

In regards to Deppy moving:

It could be they want to privatize their lives by not recording in their home anymore. Remember the office Brother Martyn was checking the soundproofing in?

-OR-
They could be moving apart and using their new office space as a recording studio, that way they can keep their separate homes private

-OR-
They are moving together and are finally giving up on the facade they don't share a bedroom/bed And they can live together in peace without being stalked.

As for the stalking? It's creepy AND dangerous and these people who hang outside their flat don't know what kind of vibe they are giving off by doing so. For a bit of history on stalking (laws) go here:
[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Schaeffer/url]

Christina Grimmie's shooting was a horrible, senseless act carried out by a crazed fan. Dan and Phil were here in the states touring when it happened, as well as the Pulse nightclub shootings. Personally, I was shocked they continued on with their meet and greets afterwards...I would have hopped on the next plane home.

They are being stealthy, though. After the last show in Stockholm, they literally vanished into thin air, next thing we see is Phil tweeting from their flat. From the tweets from fans from Deppy's unpaid meet and greet at the Adelaide airport during TATINOF OZ and the looks on the boys faces when they were faced with all of those fans who purposely went to the airport to meet them, they were not thrilled.

Anyway, long shitpost, sorry. Bottom line (for me) is these two nerds are moving together because they would be lost without one another.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I think Phil would make a cute Tin Man, he likes robots and he suits being painted silver (did not know that was a thing I needed, but his hands looked great). Dan as the Cowardly Lion with his fears and furriness makes sense.
lost686girl
living flop

jesuisunèléve wrote:
-OR-
They are moving together and are finally giving up on the facade they don't share a bedroom/bed And they can live together in peace without being stalked.
i am picturing a GIANT california king bed for these two big guys. and i'm loving it.

CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

And Dan can finally buy all the fancy furniture that he wants, and Phil can finally have more space for all the useless crap that he bought/will buy, and they'll also have a jacuzzi and a koi pond in the bathroom ._. Jk. Then they'll have a dog that isn't their dog, but it's from another person that they just refuse to return because the dog really loves it in their flat. Then their lounge and the hallways of their new place will be filled with monkeys because Phil will become Tarzan as he and Dan continues to buy houseplants that are too gigantic for their new place ._. Jk. I'll leave now.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

CallMeAyana wrote:And Dan can finally buy all the fancy furniture that he wants, and Phil can finally have more space for all the useless crap that he bought/will buy, and they'll also have a jacuzzi and a koi pond in the bathroom ._. Jk. Then they'll have a dog that isn't their dog, but it's from another person that they just refuse to return because the dog really loves it in their flat. Then their lounge and the hallways of their new place will be filled with monkeys because Phil will become Tarzan as he and Dan continues to buy houseplants that are too gigantic for their new place ._. Jk. I'll leave now.
Well, that went to a place ;)

Just finally watched the penguin video. Wow, what terrible creeps they make :wtf: Really wanted to take the PC away.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

I thought Phil's new vid was great and I have been Struggling with AmazingPhil vids recently.
There were so many parts I liked- the face-rating system, his total indignation about the not-lemon, the little dan-mention- that other people have pointed out. (He totally stole the tinman joke from Dan in the Punk Edits video).
I liked that it wasn't too long. I'm getting pretty sick of the 10+ minute videos everyone is churning out. It'll definitely be one I rewatch.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
DryCereal
koi pond

I feel like a video with anyone giving this little shit guy a trick chilli sweet might be mildly underwhelming...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Yeah, he dealt with that huge spoonful of wasabi (really green horseradish I think) pretty well.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Image

I feel like a video with anyone giving this little shit guy a trick chilli sweet might be mildly underwhelming...
I do think it makes a difference whether you are expecting it or not. If you think you are getting something sweet, but it is hot instead then I do think that is going to cause a reaction.
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote:

I do think it makes a difference whether you are expecting it or not. If you think you are getting something sweet, but it is hot instead then I do think that is going to cause a reaction.
Phil giving sweets away? I think he may guess something's up...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:

Phil giving sweets away? I think he may guess something's up...
That is true, if I were Dan I would be a bit suspicious.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I wasn't convinced by the title of Phil's vid, but I actually really enjoyed it! It was short, sweet, light-hearted entertainment that I really needed. It was silly but endearing, and I think that's what I love most about Phil. The world is pretty dark right now and I'm thankful to have dnp as a distraction tbh

In other news, I'm so fascinated by this whole moving discussion! After Dan's liveshow I wasn't that convinced but now I really do think it's feasible. My first instinct after the missing Wirrow painting/bedside lamp + the key fiddling + the convenient mouse breaking was also to assume something was up but I immediately doubted myself, but seeing as so many of you also seem to be on the same page it's really made me rethink. I wonder if they'll go to Hong Kong before or after Australia? I guess after if they want to have more than a few days, and they've said they'll be away for around three weeks. Intriguing!!

Also wow, I had no idea so many of the photos fans take with dnp in London are from around their flat, that's awful! I find the idea of deliberately trying to meet them out and about so awkward, it's fine if you just happen to bump into them somewhere but actually hanging around with the sole purpose of meeting them, yikes